Security fonctionnality compatibility between Excel 2002 and 97

Hi folks!

Let's say I work in Excel 2002 and I protect my workbook using the "Protect
and Share Workbook..." functionnality (or any other). Will my workbook be
protected if I open it in Excel 97?

TIA! :O)

--
Best Regards
Yanick Lefebvre

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

yes.

Zoury wrote:
> Hi folks!
>
> Let's say I work in Excel 2002 and I protect my workbook using the "Protect
> and Share Workbook..." functionnality (or any other). Will my workbook be
> protected if I open it in Excel 97?
>
> TIA! :O)

:O)
thanks!

This may not apply in your situation but the only problem I had in this
regard was protecting VBA projects.
I protected an xl2k project and attempted to edit it in xl97.  It
wouldn't allow me to open the project or even allow me to enter a
password.
Evidently it is because of the encryption methods used (xl2k being more
"robust" than '97).

Again, this only applied to VBA projects but I thought it may be of
interest.
--
Regards;
Rob
"Zoury" <yanick_lefebvre@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi folks!
>
> Let's say I work in Excel 2002 and I protect my workbook using the
"Protect
> and Share Workbook..." functionnality (or any other). Will my workbook
be
> protected if I open it in Excel 97?
>
> TIA! :O)
>
> --
> Best Regards
> Yanick Lefebvre

0
NotLikely (282)

How do I get Excel to open a previously saved file?
With Excel not opened, all of sudden when I try to open an existing Excel file, it only opens a blank workbook. I then have to repeat the action of opening the file from the blank workbook. I am not sure what has happened but I have always just been able to just click on the Excel file I want to open and it would automatically open Excel and the intended file. Please advise hi, check this....... Tools>options>general Tab... Make sure that Ignore other applications is unchecked. that's all i can think of Regards FSt1 "Jeff S" wrote: > With Excel not opened, all of ...

Excel 2007 3 Traiffic Light Conditional Formatting
Does anyone know how to get this to work using the 3-light conditional formatting in Excel 2007 using the reference to another cell? I need it pretty much the same way as listed above, but it is not working for me. Here is the set up I currently have. ROW 1 MTD ACTUAL BUDGET DIFFERENCE ROW 2 120 120 130 -10 I want the 3-Light Conditional Formatting to be used on the MTD column with this formula set up below. GREEN LIGHT >= =D2=0 YELLOW LIGHT >= =D2=(-3) RED LIGHT Why is this not working? Any and every bit of help would be most appreciated! Thanks, nathan Nathan, AFAIK, you ca...

Outlook 2002 SP3 cannot make hyperlink or embed photos
I have Outlook 2002 SP3 and I cannot make hyperlinks anymore as I once did. In fact I cannot embed photos in emails. I have reinstalled Outlook which did nothing. I used to be able to do all of this and then poof I could not. Something like this happened on another computer I owned years ago and I had to re register something. Any ideas? thanks! ...

outlook 2002 #98
installed office 2002 suite on 12/24 - outlook worked fine until 1/4 then suddenly stopped sending email. receives ok. talked to rcn - no help. what to do????? >-----Original Message----- >installed office 2002 suite on 12/24 - outlook worked >fine until 1/4 then suddenly stopped sending email. >receives ok. > >talked to rcn - no help. > >what to do????? >. > situation gets stranger and stranger - 3 days in a row emails will not send from about noon to 3:00 pm, then suddenly start sending again. I'll have to pin the time down a little closer if i...

Excel PivotCHarts
How do I convert a pivot table to a pivot chart My colleague Debra Dalgleish has posted this tutorial on my web site: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Pivots/pivotcharts.htm IMHO, pivot charts are a great idea whose time hasn't yet come. There is a limited choice of chart types, the chart can be formatted only in limited ways (you can't change the PLOT AREA!), the whole pivot table must be included, and whatever formatting you may have applied is obliterated when the pivot table is updated. I generally make regular charts from pivot table data. In Excel 97, whic...

link Access workbook to Excel workbook
Can I link information from an Excel worksheet to an Access worksheet? Hello, In Access, clic on File menu, External data, link tables and follow each step. You'll have to define first row as heading label and that's it. regards "Toinett" wrote: > Can I link information from an Excel worksheet to an Access worksheet? ...

Encrypt Text in Excel
I want to encrypt text in Excel. I want the character spacing to be accurate, I just want the actual text to be encrypted to a user. Anyone know any tricks, shortcuts, add-ins to do this? Thank you! Marc One more note. It is the text in a given range of cells that I want to encrypt. I've tried looking at different fonts and then locking the cells (protecting worksheet) but none of the built-in Wingding fonts keep the character spacing intact. I thought that maybe there was a way to do a custom number or text format but wasn't able to get that to work. "Marc" wrote: ...

run an excel file remotely
Hi all i got an excel application that generates reports from underlying pivot tables. the reports are generated using excel 2003. but most of the clients donot have licenses for 2003 and some of the features of 2003 cannot be used when the file is opened from the client system. for example GETPIVOTDATA is not very flexible as it was in 2003 version. So is it possible to run the excel application from the server without being copied to the client system. This also helps in maintaing single version of the excel file rather than multiple versions on each client system. Thanks in adva...

Outlook 2002 Rules query
I receive every so often an email detailing job vacancies. Sometimes the email will have no jobs in it. What I want to do is to set up a rule such that if the phrase "We have found the following 0 jobs" occurs in the email, it is deleted. I can't see how to do that, as the action to delete is *before* the "except with certain words" option, and because of the nature of the phrase, I can't do it the other way round, i.e. say "delete the email unless it has this phrase in it" because the number may vary from 1 to anything up to 10 or more. Anyone any...

Excel 2000 #15
We have a situation where all of the text keyed into a cell does not appear when viewing or printing the spreadsheet. If the user merged a row into columns from J through W, it all appeared. If we inserted hard returns into the entry into the cell, it also displayed. Has anyone had similar a experience? If so how did you resolve it? Thank you. Raymond Specs for Excel states that 32,767 characters can be placed in a cell. 1024 will be visible or can be printed. Using ALT + ENTER to get hard returns will increase this limit. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 07:20:58 -07...

Outlook client 2002 and 2000 are hang when restart DCs
Hi We have Windows 2000 one forest one domain with six sites setup, each site has atleast one DCs with GC role, The head office have two DCs (DC1 and DC2) and both are GC as well. There is only one exchange 2000 in Head office on MS cluster which hosting around 4000 users, All Windows 2000 servers has SP4 and upto datae critical patches including MS clsuters, Exchange 2000 has SP4. Now when ever we restart any one DC either 1 or 2, our outlook clients seem to be hang, we cannot open global address list, and following evnts get in application log of exchange node, these two DCs are appea...

Money 2002 #17
Hlep. I want to know how to re-set Money to just a blank slate - 0 balance. I just need to start over with putting in transactions. The payees and things can stay & the account is the same but I need to start over with the tracking. I also want to know how to stop Money from popping up on the screen when I first log on to my account. My husband & I share the computer, but we manage files from different accounts and such. Can anyone help? The answer to the first question is that it is very difficult to do one without doing the other. The answer to the second question ...

Smart List export to Excel #2
Hi, We are using Dynamics 9.0 and Office 2003. When we try to do a Smart List export to Excel, we keep getting an "Exception_Class_Object_Exception" that references varying object errors, such as 'Cells' or 'Value'; the object errors will change each time we try an export. As a workaround, I've found that closing Excel before doing the export allows the export to complete successfully. However, that solution isn't acceptable, as our Dynamics users would like to be able to work in Excel, doing other tasks, while the export is processing. Does anyone...

Excel 2002 configuration
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00E6_01C3ECD1.C34FE920 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is there any way to disable the little green corner marker in the top = left of cell for all cases where the formula references empty cells?=20 Thanks, Alan ------=_NextPart_000_00E6_01C3ECD1.C34FE920 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD>...

Outlook 2002 error (0x80040119) HELP!
How do I reinstall Outlook 2002 so it doesn't follow the same path that when installed doesn't work? I don't want to have to reformat the drive and start over. I have an issue/error 0X80040119 and am unable to send or receive mail. Looks like I am sending or receiving mail then before it finishes up comes this error. HELP Likely there is some issue with the PST file. Run SCANPST.EXE on the current PST file, and run scandisk on your hard drive to check for disk errors. Last resort, create a new PST file and set it as the default delivery location. On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 15:38:...

Pictures in Excel cells
Dear friends I want to create a book with personal descriptions, including pictures. But how can I get a picture in an Excel cell? I thought that =HYPERLINK("file.jpg") would be the thing, but the pictures are not retrieved when I combine the Excel sheet to the final Word file. Please help. -- Jos´┐Ż Do you object if ... Alt > i > p > f and select the picture what you want to import. HTH -- MRT "Jose" <jose@127.0.0.1> wrote in message news:e4nsg59mm09cuqgr2etqtm06jm87idk343@4ax.com... > Dear friends > > I want to create...

Budget Wizard for Excel
We're running Dynamics GP 10.0 Advanced Management Edition. The Budget Wizard for Excel is not checked as a registered module. Is this separately licensable? I thought the budget/excel import export utility was a built-in feature. The export functionality works but we're unable to import an excel budget. Can someone shed some light on this issue? Thanks. Dear Aman, Go to Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Setup >> System >> Registration, and make sure you didn't uncheck it from the selected modules. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS...

Use that security update
--mkiwhwpnjcjb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="sxwxczsxhcxkocu"; type="multipart/alternative" --sxwxczsxhcxkocu Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="nmfgoiam" --nmfgoiam Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the securit...

security privileges window upon opening GP
Hello: A user in Micorosoft Dynamics GP 9.0 can get into GP but not before getting a nuisance error message saying that he does not have security privileges to open this window. He has all of the minimum secuirty access to the system and company series including the Progress window. I have run through all of the TKs but to no effect. What else could it be? Thanks! childofthe1980s I helped another user recently with this and the message was caused by a form in the HR product. Please see this thread for the troubleshooting steps we used. The posting was Security error when loggin...

excel html user area import
Hello, Im using excel 2007 and having problems with importing html. Problem is that I need to import data from html page which is in user area( username and password protected). So data imports ok, but when I exit saved excel file and then open it again , it can't refresh data because i'm not logged in. How can i solve this problem? Can I add some html form to excel so I can logon with that form, so I can refresh data? Thank you! ...

Excel 2007 slow saving with defined names
Hello, I am using a worksheet with a lot of defined names. Saving this sheet in Excel 2007 takes about 5 minutes! In previous Excel-versions the same worksheet saves within 10 seconds. Does anyone have an idea to improve this performance? Probably Windows Vista has something to do with this problem, because: - Windows XP and Excel 2007: fast saving - Windows Vista and Excel 2003: fast saving - Windows Vista and Excel 2007: slooooow saving Any ideas? Greeting RI ...

Excel charts in print preview distorted.
I'm assisting a customer with an excel presentation she created on another computer. She is curently using Excel XP and she changed some of the data the charts are pulling from and now the charts are all distorted in print preview. The charts are all scrunched up in the upper portion of the page. I view this presentation on my computer and all looks fine in page layout and print preview. I tried setting her default printer to mine, no help. I tried adjusting her video resolutions (they were originally the same as mine) to higher and lower resolutions and get the same results. Any...

Excel Automation Resizing.
Hello, I am wondering if anyone knows how to have an excel sheet fit entirely in a window's view for an MDI application, and resize itself when the view is resize. I would appreciate any help you can give. Also, is there a website that has the Excel object model interfaces for MFC? Thanks, Markus. ...

set excel always on top
Can I set excel to always be on top? I am using excel with a half screen and other programs and want excel to be on top as I switch between the other programs. TIA Todd L. that is a windows question. this is excel workgroup. >-----Original Message----- >Can I set excel to always be on top? I am using excel with a half screen and >other programs and want excel to be on top as I switch between the other >programs. > >TIA > >Todd L. >. > Take a look at this post: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3D3DD50A.CF0CACC5%40msn.com Todd wrote: > &g...

Excel password #2
Hi all, I've an old worksheet in Excel 2k, and I forgot the password I saved with it. Is there a way to retrieve it? thanks N! Xau N! Xau, Workbook password to open???? If so, here's a post by Norman Harker that should give you a start. John <snip> Hi! If it is a workbook password then here is the standard post on that one: The following sites advertise ability to recover, amongst other things, Excel file passwords. These passwords are imposed when saving Excel files and are not to be confused with *internal* passwords on sheets and workbook structure. http://www.i...