Searching for Alt-Enter in a worksheet

Hi,

I have a .csv file im trying to convert to .wk4, but one of the problems I'm
having is one of the fields is a address field where the user before used
"alt-enter" to create multi line address in one cell.

Is there any way I can search and replace all the "alt-enter" characters and
replace them with commas.
0
AC (32)
2/19/2009 4:36:12 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Highlight that column, CTRL-H, then:

Find What:               CTRL-J
Replace With:         , (<comma><space>)
Click Replace All

You might need to turn off Wrap Text, by going to Format | Cells |
Alignment tab.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Feb 19, 4:36=A0am, AC <A...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a .csv file im trying to convert to .wk4, but one of the problems =
I'm
> having is one of the fields is a address field where the user before used
> "alt-enter" to create multi line address in one cell.
>
> Is there any way I can search and replace all the "alt-enter" characters =
and
> replace them with commas.

0
pashurst (2576)

Search Function with queries
Hi guys, new user to access 2000 and i am trying to create a search query that will allow me to enter in a value and return that value. The part i am having trouble with is i need to do this for many fields and if i use the method i came up with, when i leave a entry empty using the "AND" function i get nothing and when i use the "OR" function i get all the values for both. maybe you guys can help me get in the right direction. this is the command i am using in SQL: SELECT [Chain Machine prod Machine list].Description, [Chain Machine prod Machine list]...

Outlook 2007 I want to create a search folder that contains compound criteria (search for x AND y). In the Search Folder Criteria dialog box, on the Advanced tab, there is a "More Advanced..." button, but it is grayed out. How do I enable that button, and is there a way to create a search folder with compound criteria? --Tom Hello Tom, You need to enable the query builder, see this microsoft Knowledgebase article http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D307922 On Dec 17 2008, 3:52=A0pm, "Thomas M." <NoEmailRepl...@Please.com> wrote: > Outlook 2007 > &g...

Public Folder Searching
Hello All: I have a small problem that is pretty specific to one of my clients. The server in question is a Windows Server 2003 SBS running the latest service packs. My clients have setup a public contacts list and I have setup public journaling for the list. The problem comes in when I want to make an Activities tab for 'All Items.' For instance, in the actual user mailbox, there is an option in the Contacts' Activities tab that says 'All Items' and this option displays all related items contained in the whole user mailbox. Well in Public Folders, you can&#...

How do to enter data in a combo box on a worksheet?
Use the dropdown arrow? Shereen wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

Excel macro or command button to search using a user form
I have a user form which shows info about each student. I want to be able to enter a student's name in a textbox and have all the fields on the form populated with the student information. You need to be a lot more specific on what you are wanting else we have to make a lot of assumptions. I would recommend using a combobox instead of a textbox. This way you can utilize the Change Event and have the students info. automatically filled in the rest of your userform. I will assume you have a list of students in Sheet1 in Col. A. Just set the RowSource property of the c...

Copying a worksheet (not the whole book)
I created a couple of worksheets and tried to copy them to Excel on another computer. It copied the whole book and erased other worksheets which I had there. Is there a way to copy just one worksheet into a book without erasing the rest of the worksheets in the book? Thanks for any assistance, Jay Right click on the worksheet tab and select Move or Copy. In the to Book drop-down, select the workbook to move it to. The either copy (by checking the create a copy checkbox) or move it b clicking OK. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Use Edit/Move or Copy Sheet... Bo...

Receiving the "DING" chime when using Alt+Tab to toggle between open worksbooks
I have recently encountered an annoying problem with MS Excel 2000. When I use Alt+Tab to toggle between open workbooks, I receive the Windows default "DING" sound. This usually would indicate to me that I am attempting an incorrect keystroke, function or operation within Excel. There does not appear to be any type of conflict or error occurring when I receive the alert, but I am starting to get annoyed with it. Does someone have a simple solution other than turning the "DING" off altogether? It is often a helpful tool. J D Caspall I'm not sure if this app...

Partial Text Match then enter desired result into appropriate colu
I have a list of company names in Column A. On a separate tab I have a list of keywords. What I'd like to do is to have a search done on the names in column A and if any of the keywords on the separate tab match for it to then put in the company type into column B. Example of a company name in column A: Get Things Done Construction Company Keyword on separate tab: "construction: Need the formula to return "construction" to Column B. Thanks in Advance for any insight on this one! Look in the help index for VLOOKUP -- Don Guillett Microsoft MV...

Using the "Enter" key
I've been using Money since...well forever, and do just basic tasks. However, I just bought a new PC w/Money 2005 OEM installed. The one, and most annoying, quirk for me is that in all previous versions you had the option to use the "enter" key to move between fields in the transaction form. Does anyone know if this has been disabled in 2005? Is there a way to get this function back? Thanks Steve P. In microsoft.public.money, devious7120 wrote: >I've been using Money since...well forever, and do just basic tasks. >However, I just bought a new PC w/Money 200...

how to paste a series formula across worksheets?
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel <i>have a budget workbook w/12 worksheets, 1 per month. i have a row of starting totals for each month. how do i copy the starting total in january's worksheet and paste it across the following months' worksheets in increasing months? Ex: in january's worksheet, cell A2 has the total of $100. in february's worksheet, the formula in A2 is: &quot;=100+Jan!A2&quot;. how do i copy/paste the formula across the rest of the worksheets so that they read &quot;=100+Feb!A2&quot;,...

Formula to capture worksheet names #2
this is Exactly what I need. I appreciate ya bro -- LowKe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- LowKey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1527 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26897 No problem. Glad it helped. :) Take care -- firefyt ----------------------------------------------------------------------- firefytr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=664 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26897 ...

calculating using 3 worksheets in a file
I have and Excel file which 3 work sheets, in the first work sheet, have the data in a range of cells, in the second work sheet i hav another set of data in the same range of cells as that was in the firs work sheet. I would like to add or multiply the value in the frist shee with value in the second sheet using the same set of ranges, the outpu of this calculations, i would like to display in the third sheet in th same cell ranges as worksheet1 and worksheet2. Please let me know how i could do this. MARK112 -- mark112 ----------------------------------------------------------------------...

Saving Input on User Form to Hidden Worksheet
I have a User Form that once it is filled in, it updates several other Work Books from different Control Buttons. I need to save the Input on the User Form in one of the Wook Books, so that if the Work Book is opened again the User Form automatically Fills back in. Would the Information on the User Form be saved on a hidden Work Sheet in the Work Book that I want to save it in? Any Ideas on how to achive this? You must write code to save and reload informations like this. Lots of ideas. Where to save is a question of what's practical. You can write to a sheet in the ...

Simultaneously sort 2 worksheets using linked column
I have 1 worksheet (Attendance) that keeps track of attendance. Rows 10 - 37 (27 students) with columns J - DQ for recording daily attendance. I'm designing a 2nd worksheet (Progress) in the same workbook to keep track of progress. Currently, the student names on Progress are linked to those on Attendance. This works fine. However, when I sort Attendance, only the student names on Progress move causing information on this second sheet to no longer correspond to the correct student. Is there a way to sort Attendance and have the data I enter on Progress stay with the names they're...

Search and replace problem
Hi, I have an Excel worksheets where in several cell's a symbol was added to mark the cell's "to review". The symbol used was "(*)". I have tried now to delete all the entries with a "search and replace", but Excel interpretes the asterisk as a DOS-symbol and deletes everythng between brackets. Is there a way to avoid that or to let Excel know that I only want to delete the specific characters. TIA Melissa It's because it is a wildcard, you can replace it by preceding it with a tilde ~ which tell Excel to find an asterisk in find what p...

Printing Copies or multiple worksheets produces mult jobs
When I print multiple copies of a worksheet or I print an entire workbook that contains multiple worksheets, Excel breaks the print job up into multiple print jobs of (apparently) random size. This creates a problem for instance, when printing 2 sided because the printer "resets" after the first print job and the subsequent print jobs do not carry the requested attributes (2 sided, in this case). Has anyone experienced this problem. Any fixes? Thanks. BGW wrote: > When I print multiple copies of a worksheet or I print an > entire workbook that contains multiple wo...

how do I add information from many worksheets to one main workshee
Hello, Without knowing how your data structure is setup, it's fairly difficult to know what you are dealing with and provide you with a specific answer. But you can use formulas to bring in data from other sheets ... =Sheet1!A1 =Sheet2!A2 =Sheet3!A3 ... etc. HTH -- Regards, Zack Barresse, aka firefytr "sillygurl" <sillygurl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71FD774A-B1B6-42B0-AA3E-D5D18416E13F@microsoft.com... > With Links, In whatever cell in the main sheet you want to start listing the dat type =, then go to the first cell in the work...

How do I copy a graph to new worksheet and get data from new sheet?
When I copy a worksheet with a graph or just copy a graph and paste in a new worksheet, the source data is still linked to the original worksheet. I've tried editing the sorce data to remove the sheet name to try to make it relative to the current sheet, but that gives me "Error in your formula". Is there a quick way to get the graph to link to the data in the new worksheet? Even a macro would help, if that's what it takes. Thanx in advance... If the chart is embedded in the worksheet, you should be able to copy the worksheet elsewhere, and the copied chart will point t...

Data entered in several cells before proceeding
I should be able to make this work, but can't. I have a worksheet that includes a section to record checks and deposits of our school band boosters. I want to make sure that the person who is entering the data enters all of it, so that the date, check #, vendor, description, and amount must be entered before proceeding to the next row. If they haven't entered everything then they get a message box telling them that all information must be entered before proceeding. I can make this work using a UserForm, but I've been asked not to include one of those. These are in columns A ...

How to save worksheet in .cvs format?
I'm need to save a worksheet to .cvs or .txt format but the drop down menu for Save As does not include these options. Any help? Thanks. What version of Excel. 2003 has those options (Save As type). Did you use the down arrows to scroll down? Carole O "Carlannie" wrote: > I'm need to save a worksheet to .cvs or .txt format but the drop down menu > for Save As does not include these options. Any help? Thanks. ...

Doubt regarding the usage of ALT key with shortcuts
Hi all, I am new to VC++.In my application i am using two buttons and they have shortcut keys ( consider 'A' as shortcut for "&advanced" button) . The problem is I am able to operate on the button directly using the key 'A' without need to ALT + 'A'.. can anybody tell me what should i do make the shortcut key for the button work only for ALT +'A' and by not pressing just 'A'. Thanks in advance I think that's how buttons have always worked on Windows and it allows people to choose things like "Yes" or "No"...

Entering information exactly without updates or adjustments for in
Hello there How can you put information in Microsoft Money 2004 exactly as it appears in your statements and not have it make adjustments or update the information? Its driving me mad!! It tells me "what something should be based on the information I put in" when the information on my statements says something else. Help Me!! You are probably going to have to give some more information and maybe an example or two of what Money is doing before people will know what issue you are trying to work and how to help. "Darryl Williams" <Darryl Williams@discussions.micro...

Enter 8 x digit figure to return dd/mm/yyyy (with parenthess)
I would like to type a 8 x digit figure into a cell and on the strike of the enter key the 8 x digit figure would change from 12062004 to 12/06/2004, representing 12th day of June, year 2004. Thanks in advance :) Alan Bartley Sydney Australia Chip Pearson has some code that'll do what you want at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm Alan Bartley wrote: > > I would like to type a 8 x digit figure into a cell and on the strike > of the enter key the 8 x digit figure would change from 12062004 to > 12/06/2004, representing 12th day of June, year 2004. > >...

Unhiding All hidden Worksheets with a Macro/VBA Code
Hi, Can anyone help me please ? Whilst working with an Excel Workbook I often hide all unwanted Worksheets leaving only the ones I need to work on visible. What I would like to do is have a macro or VBA code to click on a button to unhide all hidden worksheets rather repeating Format-Sheet-Unhide to unhide each worksheet. Any help would be greatly appreciated (Excel version Excel 2000) Many thanks Rob -- robertguy 44 Married two kids ------------------------------------------------------------------------ robertguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinf...

make an excel worksheet (sheet 2) open w/ the cursor located in t.
I have an excel worksheet with three sheets. Sheets 2 and 3 are locked so that entries can be made in only certain cells. Sheet 3 is linked to sheet 2 so that when an entry is made on sheet 2, the entry appears on sheet 3 in the corresponding cell. I would like sheet 3 to open in the cell the last entry was made (which is the corresponding cell on sheet 2 because sheet 3 is completly locked except for the link to sheet 2) Is there a simple way to perform this task? ...