search for right

Hi all,

I wonder if there's any possibility to do the following without rearranging
my tables:

I'd like to look up an order number in a table, and get the price from two
coloumns _left_
So the order number is in C3 and I'd like to get the value in A3 and so on.
Vlookup does only to right...

Please advise,

Thanks,
Marton

0
dontsend (4)
5/13/2005 10:09:40 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

=INDEX(A1:A100,MATCH(ord_num,C1:C100,0))

--

HTH

RP

"VilMarci" <dontsend@here.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I wonder if there's any possibility to do the following without
rearranging
> my tables:
>
> I'd like to look up an order number in a table, and get the price from two
> coloumns _left_
> So the order number is in C3 and I'd like to get the value in A3 and so
on.
> Vlookup does only to right...
>
> Please advise,
>
> Thanks,
> Marton

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

Need help with search find option...
Hello, I have some code that opens up an adobe file, then looks for a customer number in that pdf file. How can I write code that will check to see if the number exists in the PDF? Here is what I have so far... SendKeys "^(f)", True SendKeys "%{n}", True 'eg. SendKeys "{875858}", True For plngTemp = 1 To Len(Cust_ID) SendKeys "{" & Mid(Cust_ID, plngTemp, 1) & "}", True Next plngTemp Thanks in advance. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms...

Easier way to grant mailbox rights to 100 mailboxes??
Consider the following scenario... Sally is a manager at a company. She wants to be able to monitor her staff's email usage. I want to be able to give her access without having to spend a bunch of time every time an employee is hired/moved/ fired/leaves. George is Sally's boss. George doesn't want Sally to have access to his mailbox other than what he delegates her access to. Originally, we just gave Sally full rights to the mailbox store, but as you probably know, that fails George's requirement. Is there an easy way to accomplish all this without a ton of administrative w...

Search for Password Protected Files
I have a CD with a bunch of Excel files on it. I need to find the ones that are password protected, is there by any chance a way to find such files?? Please say yes!! Thank you! Doreen Password protected--To Open or to modify???? If to Open, then this seemed to work ok: Option Explicit Sub testme01() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Dim myFiles() As String Dim fCtr As Long Dim myFile As String Dim myPath As String Dim testWkbk As Workbook Dim logWks As Worksheet Dim oRow As Long Set logWks = Workbooks.Add(1).Worksheets(1) logWks...

What is the default search used by outlook address book in a LDAP Server
Hi, I'm trying to set up a LDAP server to have a centralized address book. Almost everything is working fine, except that when opening the address book and nothing is retrieved by default. But note that if I make a search using the search field in the address book it works fine. Using my ldap server in debug mode I've saw some query related to "defaultnamingcontext" ... Any ideas? ]['s Charles Bauer ...

Default search page
How do I change the default search page from MSN to some other site http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2005/20050929.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM "rupert" <rupert@onetel.net&g...

Using a combo box to search for a record
Hi all I am using Access 2007. My Table named Debtors has the following field Surname as a Text field My RowSource is :- SELECT DISTINCTROW [Debtors].[Surname] FROM Debtors ORDER BY [Surname]; My After Update Event Procedure is :- Private Sub Combo76_AfterUpdate() DoCmd.ShowAllRecords Me!txtSurname.SetFocus DoCmd.FindRecord Me!Combo76 Me!Combo76.Value = "" End Sub and I get the following error message................. Run-time error '2465' Access can't find the field 'txtSurname' Where have I gone wrong? Bob On S...

Tab down instead of right in protected cells
Is there a way to decide the tab order in a worksheet when certain cells has been locked and protected? I know it is possible in Access, what about Excel 2003? >> what about Excel 2003? No. Right and then Down 24/7. -- Jim "Ingibjorg Hinriksdottir" <IngibjorgHinriksdottir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BAB0831-F2B8-4899-A57D-13E1283865D5@microsoft.com... | Is there a way to decide the tab order in a worksheet when certain cells has | been locked and protected? I know it is possible in Access, what about Excel | 2003? a stretch, but here'...

Need an unbound text box and command button (Search)
I need to create an unbound text box with a command button (Search) on my form which will enable the user to find the current record for a space no. I would like the user to only have to type in the space no. My fields are: SpaceNo Current "Yes" I am not experienced at writing code. Thanks so much. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200911/1 On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 23:09:36 GMT, "Uschi via AccessMonster.com" <u25116@uwe> wrote: If you don't write code, it may be easier to instruc...

"Left-to-right Vertical" text direction (Vertical for Mongolian)
In Publisher 2007 or 2010 Beta, Text direction can't be changed to "left-to-right vertical" even though MS Word 2007 and Power Point 2007 can do that. In Word or Power Point, the menu selection was called "vertical for Mongolian" . The function is very useful for people who edit traditional Mongolian, Sibe and Manchu language text. I hope Publisher can add this fuction. Thanks. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree...

Search Companion missing file
I'm helping a friend whose laptop was infected with a virus/trojan. We disinfected using MalwareBytes anti-malware app. She now has a functioning pc again...but... When I try to use the search feature in Windows XP, I get an error message that reads "A file that is required to run Search Companion cannot be found. You may need to run Setup." I tried to reinstall via the srchasst.inf file in the Windows\inf folder (right-click - install) but it said 'The file "msgr3en.dll" on the Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 CD is needed. The problem is...

Search form via filter
I can't seem to get my form to work. It is designed to search my DB for a record where the key field is provided by the user. I have a table that is listing employees. The key field is their NT login id (as it will be different for every user.) As such, it would be easiest for my users to be able to type in the NT login of the person in question and click a button to pull up their record. To accomplish this, I have created a form that I have named "Search Form" and on this form, I have displayed all of the pertinent fields from my primary table. I also have an u...

IE8 Instant search box
Hi All I finally succumbed to the temptation to download IE8. I have spent the last 3/4 of an hour trying to regain control of my browser :-) I have switched off all accelerators and all that other stuff - even figured out how to stop the browser popping up the accelerator icon EVEN though I'd switched them off . . . I am happy to use the instant search box. (It's in a convenient place...). I DO NOT WANT any kind of suggestion from IE8 about what I'm looking for. I KNOW what I'm looking for - and the computer hasn't got a clue . . . So managed to sw...

A built in method to search all mailboxes in an organization?
I've spent hours and hours looking at finding a way to do the following: Be able to search *all* mailboxes in an organization for a search term in the body or subject, and get a list of those emails (readable) so that they can be collated and burnt to media for things like Freedom of Information Act requests and the like. I cannot for the life of me find something that does it in Exchange. The message tracking center can find subjects and tell me the order of events the mail took as its traversed the system, but nothing more. Is there some sort of extended functionality that can be...

Assign Activity -- what right could I be missing?
I've created a security role (based on VP of Sales) that is set to "Business Unit" access levels for the Activity Entity. I want a user in this role to be able to use "Actions, Assign" to assign an activity from one user to another in the same BU. I keep getting the error message that "the logged-on user does not have the appropriate security permissions to view these records or perform the specific action." I have edited the security role so that it is Organization level access (all green) for everything except create and write. CRM still isn't...

Why won't instant search in Outlook 2007 install?
Even though I have installed the add-in, I still get the dialog prompting me to install the instant search add-in. How do I activate this feature? ...

How to have margin-left: 10%; margin-right: 10%; only sometimes??
My website is created so that the width is not fixed. I adapt to the width of the browser. If I have a page of text I do something like: <div style=" margin-left: 10%; margin-right: 10%;"> so the text is set off by margins. That's nice on my monitor's 1600 pixel wide screen. But on a laptop (or as a user option) I'd like to change that to no margins. Can you suggest a way of doing that without having two .css files? Thanks On May 16, 10:25=A0pm, " Cal Who" <CalWhoNOS...@roadrunner.com> wrote: > My website is c...

Search, Match, Pull
Hello, I am looking for help to: Search through two columns (one for employee, the other for employee number). I want it to match those two criteria and than pull a specific feild (say hours) to another organized page where I can than make charts. Does anyone know of a formula that can do that for each employee? I tried a pivot table, but that wasn't it exactly. Thank you so very much! Indicatively something like this, just press normal ENTER: =index(hours,match(1,index((emp=A2)*(empnum=B2),),0)) where A2 = emp name, B2 = emp number Above aside, why do you need...

Sort search results by date
It would be nice if i could sort my search results in this forum by date. I would like to see my most recent questions at the top. -- Sheri Salomone THANKS! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroup...

Discussion group search doesn't appear to be working
I posted a question in the Project Server group with the title "Can't add calendar exceptions for resources (vacations, etc.)" Since there doesn't appear to be an easy "Show me my submissions" option, I tried searching the Project Server group for "add calendar exceptions for resources" but search did not find my entry. Am I expecting too much? No. You are just not doing a very good search. Try "exceptions" or "calendars" and go from there. -- Trevor Rabey 0407213955 61 8 92727485 PERFECT PROJECT PLANNING www.perfect...

Out of 12 cells in a row, I want farthest right
A1:A13 is January-December and Total. B1:B13 is the GOAL numbers. C1:C13 are the ACTUAL numbers. The numbers entered in the cells of row C are aggregates (they include the amount of the previous months). I want C13 to be the last number entered in that row (which will also be the last month in which an actual was entered). Is there any formula that looks at those 12 cells and takes the farthest to the right? =LOOKUP(9.99999999999999E+307,A:A) for last numeric entry in a column =LOOKUP(9.99999999999999E+307,1:1) for last numeric entry in a row =LOOKUP(REPT("z",255),A:A) f...

Amount in Words Complete Right Formula
give me complete formula See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace xxxx in the email address with gmail if mailing direct) "Naveed" <Naveed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29B7C0D6-1DED-4321-B1EB-CA6DDCE73852@microsoft.com... > give me complete formula > ...

Structure and Searching
I am trying to create an employee contact database (sounds simple enough). The catch is one employee can be responsible for multiple counties or states. Once the database is created, I would like to be able to search any and all employees working a particular county. Help please. On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 07:55:00 -0700, Cabgolfer <Cabgolfer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to create an employee contact database (sounds simple enough). >The catch is one employee can be responsible for multiple counties or states. >Once the database is created, I would like to be a...

Search for current date in a text field
I have a SQL database that I have an external data link to an access database. I need to search records based on the current date. The problem is that the field that needs to be searched is in a text format "yyyy-mm-dd". I have used the following statement successfully to pull out current year: Left([ArrestDate],4)=DatePart("yyyy",Date()). This does pull off any records with the 2010 year. However, I need to sort by the entire date. How can I do this? I have tried the following hoping it would put a string together but I get an "Invalid Procedure Ca...

Advanced Find should let me search records between two dates
When searching the system for records, many times I need to search for records that came in between two dates. For instance, I would like to be able to pull all records input in CRM between March 1 and March 15. In 3.0 you can only query specific dates like "Last X days," "Last X Months," "On," "On or After," etc., but you cannot search the date fields between two dates. The functionality was available in 1.2 but is not available in 3.0. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the...

[Beta] Zero Search Results Message
I just conducted a search - it happens a lot these days, because I can't readily find anything at all with this crazy sortiment - and this was the result: http://cid-275b34cd4fcbe487.office.live.com/self.aspx/Screenshots/WLMail^_Beta^_No^_Search^_Results.PNG (if that works). Anyway, the message told me that no items matched my search and advised me thus: "On the 'View' menu, point to 'Current View', and then click 'Show all messages'." I'm lost in the jungle again. -- Noel "Ildhund" wrote in message news:#iRSdBDNLHA.1172@TK2MSFTN...