Scrolling through cells

I'm having trouble scrolling through the cells using the arrows.  When I was
typing in a cell I used to be able to press one of the arrow keys and it
would automatically go to the next cell.  Now when I press the arrow key is
sticks the next cell in as part of a formula.  I'm not sure what's happened
to change this.  Can anyone help????

thanks :)
0
Alice (36)
11/29/2007 5:39:02 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You are probably in Extend mode. This happens when you press F8. It shows "EXT" in the Status bar (to the right)
Press F8 again to deactivate this.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"alice" <alice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2182CBC7-8236-4CC4-97CB-ECC50A1F1454@microsoft.com...
| I'm having trouble scrolling through the cells using the arrows.  When I was
| typing in a cell I used to be able to press one of the arrow keys and it
| would automatically go to the next cell.  Now when I press the arrow key is
| sticks the next cell in as part of a formula.  I'm not sure what's happened
| to change this.  Can anyone help????
|
| thanks :)

0
nicolaus (2022)
11/29/2007 7:33:04 PM
This is default behaviour when in "Edit" mode.

You will see "Edit" on status bar.

Touching an arrow key will select the next cell and add it to your formula or
whatever.

Start typing then hit F2 and you will go into "Enter" mode.

Now an arrow touch will move you out of the cell.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 09:39:02 -0800, alice <alice@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I'm having trouble scrolling through the cells using the arrows.  When I was
>typing in a cell I used to be able to press one of the arrow keys and it
>would automatically go to the next cell.  Now when I press the arrow key is
>sticks the next cell in as part of a formula.  I'm not sure what's happened
>to change this.  Can anyone help????
>
>thanks :)

0
Gord