saving excel document as pdf

Is it possible to save an excel sheet in pdf format while keeping drop down
menus workable on the pdf file?
I mean suppose you have a drop down menu in an excel sheet where you can
choose numbers. Is it possible to save this file as a pdf file while
allowing the drop down menus still work in the pdf file? Or am I asking too
much?

0
minimus (27)
6/5/2009 10:17:07 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi

No, it can't be done, AFAIK

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"minimus" <minimus@live.co.uk> wrote in message
> Is it possible to save an excel sheet in pdf format while keeping drop
> down menus workable on the pdf file?
> I mean suppose you have a drop down menu in an excel sheet where you can
> choose numbers. Is it possible to save this file as a pdf file while
> allowing the drop down menus still work in the pdf file? Or am I asking
> too much?

0
Roger
6/5/2009 10:50:41 AM
I think you are asking too much.

Pete

On Jun 5, 11:17=A0am, "minimus" <mini...@live.co.uk> wrote:
> Is it possible to save an excel sheet in pdf format while keeping drop do=
wn
> menus workable on the pdf file?
> I mean suppose you have a drop down menu in an excel sheet where you can
> choose numbers. Is it possible to save this file as a pdf file while
> allowing the drop down menus still work in the pdf file? Or am I asking t=
oo
> much?

0
pashurst (2576)
6/5/2009 10:50:51 AM
I don't know.  But I would expect it to depend on what program you use to create
that .pdf file.

There are PDF's that allow you to edit fields, use checkboxes, optionbuttons.
I'm not sure I've seen one that supported comboboxes, though.

You may want to ask in a forum dedicated to creating PDF's (maybe an adobe
forum????).

--

Dave Peterson
0
 "minimus" <minimus@live.co.uk> wrote:

> Is it possible to save an excel sheet in pdf format while keeping drop down
> menus workable on the pdf file?
> I mean suppose you have a drop down menu in an excel sheet where you can
> choose numbers. Is it possible to save this file as a pdf file while
> allowing the drop down menus still work in the pdf file? Or am I asking too
> much?

From the information theory point of view, the question should be is: Is
sufficient information in saved PDF to allow the original Excel
spreadsheet to be reconstructed?

If the answer is no, than you are out of luck. You might recover
something that looks like a spreadsheet, but with less information in it
than is in the original. That may be good enough, but remember Murphy's
Law.

If the answer is yes, than it should be possible to write code to do
that. That is, it should be possible to code an application to convert
your PDF file to an functioning Excel spreadsheet. That leads to three
possibilities.

0.  Forget about it.

1.  Convince Microsoft to add that functionality to Excel.

2.  Code it for yourself if you can.

3.  Get it from a third party. If something like that does not exist
already, be prepared to pay through the nose.

Bill

--
Most people go to college to get their missing high school education.
0

This feature is not provided by Microsoft Excel.  One problem might be that
combo boxes can be created a number of way - form controls, Control Toolbox,
Data Validation lists.

There appear to be 3rd party add-ins that do this:

http://wareseeker.com/Business-Finance/cenopdf-3.1.35.zip/7ccabe7b8

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"minimus" wrote:

> Is it possible to save an excel sheet in pdf format while keeping drop down
> menus workable on the pdf file?
> I mean suppose you have a drop down menu in an excel sheet where you can
> choose numbers. Is it possible to save this file as a pdf file while
> allowing the drop down menus still work in the pdf file? Or am I asking too
> much?

number rounding in MS Excel

Help, I cannot Save!

.pdf save as settings

SpreadSheetML (XML for Excel)

Public Folder link to Excel File

Filters in Excel 2003

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

Budget Wont Save
I have have Money 2002 for awhile and have never been able to save a budget and start a new one. I decided to start over with a new file, but once I get all my info back in there, it still won't save. MS has no info in the KB about this. Anyone else have this issue? ...

printing imported gif files in Excel

ExCel programming

Macro

Excel fun patch

Excel 2003

Need macro help to close excel

Excel Text Function (Right, Left)

copy chart from Excel to Powerpoint

How to save as a high definition JPEG
Whenever we save our Advertisements file in JPEG format we get a low resolution file. Is there any way to save our file as a high resolution JPEG file? Thank You Michael Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a message from Michael Malone <mmalone@pdp.ca> > Whenever we save our Advertisements file in JPEG format we > get a low resolution file. Is there any way to save our > file as a high resolution JPEG file? Publisher 2003 can save JPG files at high resolution. A workaround in Publisher 2002 is to enlarge your publication to a larger size,...

Updating External Links Excel 2000 vs 2002/2003

How do I disable the handicapped feature in Excel?
Someone in my office turned the handicapped feature on and now you have to hold the key down for a couple of seconds or the letter never appears. Does anyone know how to reverse this? Duh! Nevermind. Not an Excel problem. Control Panel - Handicapped feature. Thanks. "TIrish" wrote: > Someone in my office turned the handicapped feature on and now you have to > hold the key down for a couple of seconds or the letter never appears. Does > anyone know how to reverse this? ...

display in taskbar in excel 2000
Hello, Have a problem! I work with Office 2000 and excel does not open more than onw screen in the taskbar. Windows in Taskbar, I checked in Excel. Clustered display is turned off in the properties of the Taskbar. Can anyone help me with this problem prog, get it only if I 2x open excel. Regards Rob Hi Rob, I can't figure out what exactly what is happening in your excel but try this, Go to TOOLS (Menu Bar) then OPTIONS, in VIEW tab just CHECK the Windows in Taskbar. Hope this will help. ~jaeson ...

Excel 97 #13
How to spacing text in a cells dddd touch space bar kkkkk alt enter at the end of the line to break into two lines -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1689601c44803$0f6e5fd0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How to spacing text in a cells ...