Save only One Worksheet To Separate File

I need to place into a Word document, only one of several worksheets in a
workbook. When I shade and save that worksheet, I get the entire workbook.

Can someone please point me in the direction for these instructions.

0
jaygreg90 (64)
4/1/2004 4:23:59 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi

Right-click on sheet tab and select 'Move or copy'. Check 'Create a copy'
and in 'To book' field, select 'New Book'. OK
You get a single-sheet new workbook. Save it under a new name.

--
Arvi Laanemets
(Don't use my reply address - it's spam-trap)

"John Gregory" <jaygreg90@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I need to place into a Word document, only one of several worksheets in a
> workbook. When I shade and save that worksheet, I get the entire workbook.
>
> Can someone please point me in the direction for these instructions.

0
garbage (651)
4/1/2004 6:26:46 PM
Hi John

As you have found, a .xls file can have many sheets and saving will
always save the entire Workbook.

The copy method, described above is probably waht you need. However,
push Ctr+A and then copy, will allow you paste into Word.

Excel Templates, Training & Add-ins.
Free Excel Forum http://www.ozgrid.com/forum *****
0
dave2624 (251)

Two CRM-configurations available for one users
Hi, I will soon start a daughter company with a different set of customers. For these customers I want to have the account/contact view differently configured. However I want to be able to access both databases from my computer. Is there a way to configure this? I have crm 3.0. Regards, Mattias The current version of CRM won't support multiple "forms" for each entity. So, if you are using the same CRM instance, then there is only 1 form allowed. You could use JScript to hide/show fields, sections, or Tabs on the form which might help you. The other option would be t...

How can I activate cell shading in a protected worksheet?
I protected the spreadsheet that I was working on except for some cells that needed to be accessed by other employees. But I could not color shade the unprotected cells when worksheet protection is activated. Hi in Excel 2002 you can allow formatting in the 'Tools - Protection' dialog -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "unprotect cell shading" <unprotect cell shading@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:D48D138C-3706-4315-97FB-F2E976FF2C95@microsoft.com... > I protected the spreadsheet that I was working on except for some cells that &g...

Renaming files and cells
Hi I have to create a macro for an excel sheet I have: column A - a string (AA-001-06, for example) column B - empty column C - a link to a pdf file I have to rename the file linked in column C with the name contained in column A (it will be AA-001-06.pdf) create a link to the new file in column B suggestions? if possible, i'd like to leave the old file as is, to have both oldfile.pdf and AA-001-06.pdf, although it's the same pdf file. Also, can it be done by selecting some cells to execute this macro on instead of doing it for the whole sheet? Thanks! Depending on your situa...

Day light Saving
Hi, I'm having an doubt in installing exchange patch (Day light Saving) I have gone through the kb articles no: (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/928388) released date 14th Dec. ver 7.0 and I followed the kb articles no (http://support.microsoft.com/?id=317211) and ran a script to change the time zone in all my additional domain controller accross the geographical location. (around 50 servers) On the next day I Microsoft has relased the exchange patch for the day light saving (http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=926666) released date 15th Dec. Ver 1.1 Micr...

Error opening an excel file with the same name as an existing file
Is there a microsoft known problem in relation to opening 2 files with the same name in excel? Can this be fixed with a patch or a setting? The error message is as follows: A document with the name <filename-here> is already open. You cannot open two documents with the same name, even if the documents are in different folders. To open the second document, either close the document that's currently open, or rename one of the documents. I am using Windows XP SP1 and Excel 2002 SP1. This is "a feature - not a bug". <<grin>> -----------------------------...

create chart from one table
hi, date in following rows/columns date | location | dept1 | dept2 | dept3 | dept4 | dept5 3/1/09 | A | 45.5 | 22.9 | 99.5 | BLANK | 50.0 3/1/09 | B | 45.5 | 52.9 | 99.5 | 50.0 | 50.0 3/1/09 | C | 45.5 | 122.9 | 99.5 | 100.56 | 50.0 3/1/09 | D | 45.5 | 22.9 | BLANK | BLANK | 50.0 .. .. .. there will always be 4 lines for each day. i need to create 4 different charts where data from the charts use same source range but each chart displays data for each dept. for example, chart1 needs to display dept1 trend by date for each location. each location would of course be a seperate line. i...

Unknown file type
I've been getting emails with attachments that cause the 'unknown file type' message to be displayed. The attachment has the extension of .email. When I click the run button, I am told to create an association to the program that created the file in folder options. I've created the extension in the file types list but, I don't know what program to associate with it. Is there a way to find out what that program was by looking at the details of the email message or there some other way? Thanks, Jim B. Those are .eml files and should open with Outlook E...

not a personal folders file
Anyone have any suggestions what else I can try to import my email back into Outlook 2003? I reinstalled my OS (Win XP), and am trying to bring my email back into a new install of Outlook 2003 from my saved Outlook 2000 outlook.pst file. Before I formatted my HDD I burned to CD my whole 'Outlook' folder from C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\. In this folder I have outlook.pst, archive.pst, and a backup.pst. I copied this directory to my HDD from the CD and made sure Read Only is not selected. Regardless of which one of these I try to open wit...

Opening files in Excel 2007
Since I installed Excel 2007, I no longer get file details when I use the "open file" command on the tool bar. Can I get the file details as an option, or do I have to use "Explore"? -- Milt In the File Open dialog on the top line far right is an icon marked "View". (I am looking at my PC which run XL2007 under Windows XP as the Vista machine is asleep) Click this to get a dropdown menu and select Details. Now you will see file size and date best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Mil...

importing vcard file from Palm Desktop
Does anyone know why when importing a vcard file exported from Palm Desktop that contains approx. 1,000 addresses, Outlook contacts only imports the first record. Please help!!! ...

Export Outlook email to contact file in Goldmine
We are running Outlook XP and I want to export an email from outlook to a contact file in goldmine? Regards, isabelle <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We are running Outlook XP and I want to export an email > from outlook to a contact file in goldmine? Gee. I just googled for "migrate outlook goldmine" and three seconds later I found the Goldmine documentation that says Goldmine can do this natively (http://www.frontrange.com/pdf/GM6.5_Top_Why_to_Buy.pdf). Perhaps you should read your documentation. -- Brian Tillman ...

Outlook Express
All of a sudden, I can't get rid of the email in the deleted items file. How can I solve this? Open Up Trash - Try Shift Delete on some individual items, then select all and try shift delete on all items. I'm waiting on an answer here, but that has solved some problems in the past when the Outlook file had errors or my files were of too large of a size overall. I don't know if this will work for you - good luck! (Do you know anything about permissions, and restricted access, smiles) Peg ...

Ost To Pst File
Hi, following a big problem with exchange server and all the outlook client, the only way to restore everythings is to restore the ost file to a pst file. I try with ost2pst but it doens't work; I try a other product and it work but it cost more than 500$ and it's not possible for me. Anybody to help me? Many thanks by advance Frederic That's the only program I know of. Do you not have backups of your Exchange stores? Given the choice between $500 and no recovered email, I think most companies would spend the $500 (and invest in a good tape backup solution in the future). ...

log.ldf file is huge!
I have a database that sole purpose is for making a table from a file download every evening. The .mdf file itself is always around 1 gigabyte in size, but the _log.ldf file has grown enormously. It is over 150 gigabytes now and I don't want this. I need to know how to shrink it down and then how to keep it small. When the recovery mode is set to full, the ldf file keep growing until you backup it. However, as you don't probably need to backup your data for this particular database, you should put into the simple Recovery model. This way, the size of the log...

opening/extracting ole object file from table to a file via VBA
Hi all, i'm trying to build automation that will extract/open a file stored in table of access to a file system or just to open the ole object for a excel object usage is it posible? On Oct 23, 5:43 pm, thread <yaniv...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > i'm trying to build automation that will extract/open a file stored in > table of access to a file system or just to open the ole object for a > excel object usage > is it posible? something here should get you at least most of the way.... http://www.lebans.com/oletodisk.htm ...

Help file seems to be missing!
My help file seems to be missing! When I access help in Word 2007 or Excel 2007 I get an xml listing, not the help file. It appears to be looking for files in the Temporary Internet Folder. Any idea how I could get my help back? Below is the first few lines of what is displayed: <?xml version="1.0" ?> <?xml-stylesheet type='text/xsl' href='File://C:\Documents and Settings\UserLocation\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\MsOfficeHelp12\MOH1D.tmp\toc.xsl'?> - <assistance namespace="WINWORD" UseOnlineContent="1"&g...

Importing MS Word file
I read somewhere that Publisher is the best for large documents, but it's the only DTP I can afford, so I want to do everything I can to see if I can get it to work for me. I have a novel that is around 76000 words. I'm wanting to put art work in my document and then have it printed on a commercial printer. I used Word to create a pretty nice document, but it doesn't seem good enough for the commecial printer. They sent me an email saying DPI settings were to small (I imported my art work at 300 DPI but I believe Word must have lowered the DPI to 199), also there is a prob...

Opening saved Excel files
When I open any saved Excel file the program will open a blank 'Book 1' and then open my pre-existing spreadsheet in a new window - how can I stop Excel opening a blank Book 1? I am using Office Pro 2003 and file share on my PC and wirelessly networked laptop - Excel opens files on both the PC where I save my docs and on the laptop in the same way. Ray If you are first opening Excel and then opening the desired workbook, creating Book1.xls is normal. If you're opening the workbook by using Windows Explorer and finding the .xls file and double-clicking to open it direct...

Need to send a 22MB file
Hi, I have Outlook 2003 and a cable modem connection. I tried to send a 22MG Realnetwork video file to a friend. It sat in my outbox for over an hour, and I finally deleted it. What's a good way to send a file like this? - Dan zip it or put it on a cd and stick a stamp on it >-----Original Message----- >Hi, >I have Outlook 2003 and a cable modem connection. >I tried to send a 22MG Realnetwork video file to a friend. >It sat in my outbox for over an hour, and I finally deleted it. >What's a good way to send a file like this? > >- Dan > > >. > Y...

How to automatically open picture files in an email
Hi, In Outlook Express the attached pictures are automatically showed in the content of the email. In Outlook, I have to doubleclick on every single one of them to see them. Is there any way Outlook would do the same as OE; i.e., open all the pictures and insert them in the content of the email? Thanks Ziad Ziad <zyx@cyberia.net.lb> wrote: > Is there any way Outlook would do the same as OE; i.e., open all the > pictures and insert them in the content of the email? No. -- Brian Tillman outlook doesn't support inline imaging. http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/inline.ht...

Will not save until ESC or Undo
Hi All, I created an application starting with the Time and Billing template. Originally I had the data going into SharePoint but SP could not handle the data (local rules). Now the back-end is in SQL Server 2005, but I digress. The problem seems to be in the forms. When I create a new record in the Project List form (Split form with datasheet showing) i must move to the next field and hit escape or undo before the record saves. It is also now doing this in my details form (Single Form). I went through the steps for fixing corruption, including creating a new database shel...

Saving page in MS Pub as GIF, JPG, et cetera
Is there a way to save a one page MS Pub file as a GIF or JPG? Thanks. drgeorgep <drgeorgep@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Is there a way to save a one page MS Pub file as a GIF or JPG? Thanks. Yes. What version of Publisher are you using? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher Select all on the page, right-click, save as picture. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "drgeorgep" <drgeorgep@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34440F71-9ADB-45CF-8...

Chart data references not changing to new tab when worksheet is co
I've been on Excel 2007 for two months and I have a recurring problem with worksheets I coded in Excel 2003. When I copy a worksheet that contains a chart, the new chart still retrieves its data from cells on the original sheet. I am trying to create one sheet as a template, then copy it multiple times, and change the data (and graphs) on each new sheet. Obviously I want the charts to get the data from the sheets they are on, not the original sheet. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to fix this? This is a problem with Excel 2007. I think if you copy the sheet to a new workbook...

Pull Data to TxtBox Control From One Of Many Tables
Hi I have 5 tables and each have two field "PartyId" And "PartyName" common. Now i have two TxtBox Controls on it Name "TxtPartyId" And "TxtPartyName". I want that if a user enters a Party ID in TxtPartyId, then the Code look these 5 Tables One By One And Pull the PartyName in TxtPartyName where it found. Note: All 5 tables will have seperate Party Id and there will not be any duplication of any Party id, in any table. (One Party Code will be assign to the Only a single Party.) Thank you -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com htt...

representing an excel chart with an xml file.
I have a web application that creates an xml file with app instructions set to excel. I noticed that I can not save a chart to an xml file so assuming I can not represent a chart in the xml file (to be opened by Excel). Just wondering if anyone knows if this will be supported in Office 2007? thanks. -- Paul G Software engineer. ...