save as #5

Where is "save as" option in Excel 2007?
I have a spreadsheet on USB drive and would like to save it to my hard
drive.
Mark

0
dxt44 (3)
3/3/2007 2:32:00 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

click on the round logo of the Office in the upper-left corner of the Excel window

--
KL
[MVP - Microsoft Excel]

"Mark" <dxt44@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uRDm2CaXHHA.3272@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Where is "save as" option in Excel 2007?
> I have a spreadsheet on USB drive and would like to save it to my hard
> drive.
> Mark

Yes. How simple. Thanks.
Mark

"KL" <nospamlapink2000@pleasehotmail.com> wrote in message
> click on the round logo of the Office in the upper-left corner of the
> Excel window
> --
> KL
> [MVP - Microsoft Excel]
> RU: http://www.mvps.ru/Program/Default.aspx
> ES: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/?LN=es-es
> EN: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/?LN=en-us
> Profile:
> https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=AB32F8EE-8ED3-4AB9-ADDA-9E6C73C09A36

0
dxt44 (3)

FRx 6.5 Reports with FRx 6.7 Report Server
Can FRx 6.5 reports work with FRx 6.7 Report Server without being upgraded to FRx 6.7? Any Help would be appreciated. ------=_NextPart_0001_2CE4EA95 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Andrew, Thanks for the question about FRx 6.5 and 6.7. I would recommend having your entire FRx environment operating on the same version. When using different versions of FRx in one environment it can create problems. Let us know if you have any questions. David Treleaven Microsoft Online Partner Support When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via you...

Drawing shapes and saving them
Hello, I'm looking for a way to draw or drop basic resizable shapes on a form that could be retrieved once the form is closed and loaded again Thanks Avi > I'm looking for a way to draw or drop basic resizable shapes > on a form that could be retrieved once the form is closed > and loaded again Take a look at our MetaDraw component. http://www.btis.com/btProducts/MetaDraw/MetaDraw.htm MetaDraw will allow your users to draw shapes, move the shapes, and resize the shapes. You can also save and reload the layout and continue ...

Even better savings!
I've found a brilliant method of getting the best price and getting the best cashback - and it's foolproof. You first of all have to register with www.rpoints.com/register (it's my fave site and they give you �5 just for joining if you are a new member). Look around all the rpoints partners and you can buy anything and get the best price and rpoints will give you cashback. But THAT'S NOT ALL!! If you pay with Barclaycard (for your good when you are on rpoints) then Barclaycard will give you the money back if you can find the item cheaper anywhere instore or on the net and ...

xlstart file is not the same I saved
I saved a file (large with several macros) in xlstart. When excel starts, a file with the same name opens, but only with 3 empty worksheets and no macros. When I open the file by hand from xlstart the original, large, file opens. Why doesn't the file open in xlstart? What can I do? You may have more than one XLSTART folder(most do). The one that works for me is C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART You may have placed the file into C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\XLStart which is not the regular default folder. Gord Dibben Excel M...

Run-time error '5'
Hello, I'm getting a weird error on one of our computers. As soon as I open Excel and click anywhere on the sheet, I get an error: Run-time error '5' Invalid procedure or call argument This is just a blank document, with no macros or VBA code. Why am I getting it? I would appreciate your help. Thank you, -- Peter Afonin Hi try removing all add-ins -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Peter Afonin wrote: > Hello, > > I'm getting a weird error on one of our computers. As soon as I open > Excel and click anywhere on the sheet, I get an error: > ...

System Restore and registry saving
Hello After some bad computer troubles lately I was advised to daily use the tool called "System restore" So I made sure to set a new point of System restore each evening before I shut the machine for the day, and I could see those points highlighted on the system restore page. BUT, when I tried today to restore the machine to a selected point, after much screen flashes and other acrobatics it comes back and tell me that the system can NOT restore the machine to the selected point. So much for this lovely tool. Then I was told that "Registry save" a...

why can't I reopen a document saved in publisher
I am trying to do flyers thru publishers, save the documents for further use but I cannot re-open the document. Can someone help? What happens when you try? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Dsmale5" <Dsmale5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B70BF36-747C-45C7-B89F-15F58B338E06@microsoft.com... >I am trying to do flyers thru publishers, save the documents for further >use > but I cannot re-open the document. Can someone help? How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198256/en-us -- ...

A save operation on table "PM_Transaction_Work" casused a sharing
Hi, When my user post a PM batch using VPN, the connection is broken and the batch posting is interrupted. The status is "Table Updates Interrupted". When I try to recover the batch through Batch Rocovery, it did not allow to. saying that" Batch NOV INVOICES" failed to complete posting. Use Batch Recovery window to complete the posting process. " (I am at the batch recovery window already!!!!) When I click "more" then I see the following: "A save operation on table 'PM_Transaction_WORK' caused a sharing error." Further invest...

Exchange 5.5 #10
I followed the article suggested and identified the last committed log. When I go to the transaction log folder, however, there are no back logs to move. The only logs in the folder are edb.log, edb0264D.log (last known committed log), res1.log and res2.log. The article says not to move the edb.log, res1.log or res2.log, just move any logs older than the last one committed, but there aren't any. Any more suggestions? Thanks! ...

Some Ex2k3/5.5 advice please?
We initially had an exchange 5.5 environment with 2 exchange 5.5 servers in the organisation/site. We recently added Exchange 2003 into the organisation. This consists of an Exchange 2003 standard server for the SRS service and a pair of clustered Exchange 2003 Enterprise servers. (We had to have the separate server for SRS because you cannot install the SRS service on a cluster). We have the servers communicating with each other and working OK. Due to the way we are migrating our users, it is likely that it will take around 2 years before all the mailboxes etc. are migrated to Exchange 2003. ...

Exch. 5.5 GAL questions
Ok, I have created three address book views in Exchange 5.5 (Company A, Company B, and Other) and I would like those to be the only address books that users can see. As of this moment, they can see and traverse Global Address List, Company A, Company B, Other, and Recipients. How do I make the GAL and Recipients disappear from the available address books? I read somewhere that by giving the site account search permissions it will make the GAL and Recipients dissappear out of the available address books, however, I have no idea how to edit permissions on the GAL since I can't ...

Outlook 2003 + SurfControl v4.0/Exchange 5.5/Windows 2000 problem...
(apologies for the length of this posting) We are part of a multi-site organisation with installations of Exchange 5.5 SP4 on a server at each site. Internet mail is received at 1 central location by SMTP and passed down to the appropriate Exchange site (including mine) via X.400 connector. Anti-spam/anti-virus is handled centrally at the SMTP gateway, however we also have our own anti-spam software (SurfControl E-mail Filter for Exchange v4.0) installed on our downstream Exchange server for added protection and local rules. Almost all clients access this Exchange server using Outlook 2003....

Need advice on 5.5 migration
Our current setup is all NT4 servers and I am running Exch 5.5. My boss wants a whole new domain created for new servers that we will be getting that will be running 2003 server and exchange 2003 (current servers are too outdated for an upgrade). I have set this up in a test environment and created the trusts and ran the ADMT and things ran fairly smoothly except password issues but that may be another post later. My question is which is the best way to approach this from an Exchange standpoint? Should the 2003 join the existing site or should I create a new exchange site for the 2003?...

Move forms in public folders 5.5 to exchange 2003
Hello all, I recently migrated from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003 using ADC and things were fine. I later deleted ADC and moved Exchange 2003 to native mode. I recently found out that the public folders have not been migrated. I earler used the pfmigrate script in exchange 2003. For some reason it had just created blank folders with no data on it. Now i want to migrate/transfer the public folders content(like forms) from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003 computer. Please help. Best, Karthik ...

Moving Public Folders #5
Is there anyway to move the hiearchy in the public folder listing? We have this +Public Folders Pub Folder1 Pub Folder2 Pub Folder3 What we want is this: +Public Folders Organization Name Pub Folder1 Pub Folder2 Pub Folder3 There are over 20K items, so moving them by hand is definatly out of the question. How can we create a new top level folder then place all existing folders under that? ESM only selects one item, and PFDavAdmin doesnt seem like it can do it. Thanks. On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 17:03:27 -0800, Vicnice <Vicnice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:...

My code stops after the record saves....form never closes
Users are going into to update a number, and they want to close the form before the record gets saved, thus losing their changes. I created an Exit button, which should save the record change and close the form. Here's the code: If Me.Dirty Then RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord End If Forms![frmRMSHours]![Act Hours] = Me![Text9] DoCmd.Close If the record is dirty, they press Exit and the record saves. They have to press Exit again and the form closes. If the record is not dirty, the form will close when pressing Exit. What am I doing wrong? To save ...

trying to save a publisher doc to cd,message no disc in drive
I am trying to save a publisher doc (brochure) to a CD, each time I get a message that there is no disc in the drive, D or E, when each time there has been. What am I doing wrong. I have tried saving other things, in other programs without a problem. MsJLee <MsJLee@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am trying to save a publisher doc (brochure) to a CD, each time I > get a message that there is no disc in the drive, D or E, when each > time there has been. What am I doing wrong. I have tried saving > other things, in other programs with...

How do I remove the pop up message when saving a CSV
I use alot of CSV files and when I save them I get the message "may contain features that are not compatible with csv". Is there a way to turn this off and just save it? Hi If you do the saving with VBA you could add the line application.displayalerts=false -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Eric wrote: > I use alot of CSV files and when I save them I get the > message "may contain features that are not compatible > with csv". Is there a way to turn this off and just save > it? I'm just opening them and changing a piece of data and closing t...

CDialogBar #5
In resource editor I added a CComboBox control to the dialogbar. I created my own class inheriting the CDialogBar. The content of the combo box is defined in the resource file. My intent is to set the text of the combobox to the first entry. The following is the initalization code and I had verified that the program is flowing throught it. LONG cDlgBar::OnInitDialog ( UINT wParam, LONG lParam) { // <-- with these lines. --> BOOL bRet = HandleInitDialog(wParam, lParam); CComboBox* pSubject = (CComboBox*) GetDlgItem (IDC_SUBJECT); pSubject->SetCurSel(1); if (!UpdateData(F...

formula only works when file is saved.
For some strange reason my formulas do not work until I save the sheet.I am using 2007 with a file that was in 2003. Never had a problem before. It is in compatibility mode. when I enter the data nothing happens in the cell where the result is suppose to go. If I close and save the result shows up. If I open the file back up and take out the data I put in the result is still there, where it should be a zero. Something is screwed up. Multiple people have access to this file. Sorry about the post . I found the problem. Somebody changed calculations to manual "bob" <...

how to retrieve information that was saved on a floppy disk?
i saved information on a floppy disk 1.44 mb that was already formatted and had information on it previosly. when i tried to open the floppy disk the computer was telling to formatt my disk.where did all my information go? can i get it back? I presume you have tried taking the floppy out and re-inserting it and trying again? Pete ...

word document erased and saved
Have a user (office 2007, vista business) who is working on a document. Something happens and document is cleared and saved as blank document. Is there any scenario (apart from operator error) explaining this? I take it you have checked that the text hasn't been inadvertently formatted as hidden or in white color? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "dcovington" <dcovington@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2AE949F5-0928-4AF8-AB1C-12968D34B14B@microsoft.com... > Have a user (office 2007, vista business) who is working on a document....

Exchange 5.5 (2 imc servers)
We are running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on 2 exchange servers in different sites in the same Org. They both have IMC running with a cost of 1 Inbound and Outbound. How can I configure it so that if the IMC on server 1 goes down, that all outbound email will go through server 2? Currently if I stop the IMC on server 1, and a user tries to send an email from site 1 email doesn't go anywhere and just gets lost until I start the service. Both server do see each other and replicate directory information and messages correctly. Thanks, Craig That option isn't available on the IMC or Exchange per...

macro to change column to keep only last 5 characters
I'm not sure how I can use left or right or trim on this, but any suggestions? Formula method. Assuming data in column A, in B1 enter =RIGHT(A1,5) and double-click fill handle to copy down. Macro method. You choose the activecell. Sub trimmit() Dim rng As Range Set rng = Range(ActiveCell, Cells(Rows.Count, ActiveCell.Column).End(xlUp)) For Each cell In rng cell.Value = Right(cell.Value, 5) Next End Sub Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 13:33:51 -0800 (PST), S Himmelrich <himmelrich@gmail.com> wrote: >I'm not sure how I can use left or right ...

Exchange 5.5 LAST SERVER DELETE
We are trying to move from a mixed environment with a single 5.5 and 2003 exchange server. When we follow the MS article to remove LAST EXCHANGE 5.5 server it fails telling us that "the object was not found in the directory. This may be because replication not completed. Microsoft Exchange Directory ID no: c1010aae". Anyone seen this? Is this a sign of problems in the exchange 5.5 mailboxes or public folders? We have moved [or think we have] all of the mailboxes and public folders to the Exchange 2003 server sucsessfully. We need to do this ASAP. Thanks! -- John Peter...