Save a picture as a separate file

I have a workbook containing a picture.  How can I save that individual
picture as a bitmap or jpeg or other image file as I want to use it
elsewhere as a background for an Access from?

Many thanks......Jason
0
spam6370 (39)
7/18/2007 12:00:45 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Copy the picture.

Open up your favourite graphics program(MSPaint?) and paste then save as.

Or did you mean do all through code?

Turn on the macro recorder if that's the case.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 01:00:45 +0100, Jay <spam@dummyaddress.spam.com> wrote:

>I have a workbook containing a picture.  How can I save that individual
>picture as a bitmap or jpeg or other image file as I want to use it
>elsewhere as a background for an Access from?
>
>Many thanks......Jason

0
Gord
7/18/2007 12:12:50 AM
Some versions of excel (xl2002+, IIRC) allow you to save the workbook as an HTML
file.  If you save a copy, you'll find another folder under the folder that
contains your .html document.  This subfolder will contain the pictures (among
other stuff) that you included in the document.

This may not be worth it for just one picture.  I'd use Gord's technique.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Fax Icon on my File menu and toolbar

Errors saving to network drive

Outlook receiving zip files

Saving toolbar changes

unable to read file #7

SBS 2003 moving of users files

Importing AOL Email File Cabinet

Separating Date and Time in a cell

Exporting contacts in a csv file

Publisher can not save file

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

Saving #5
Is there a way of speeding up saves in excel or a way to condense the size of a workbook. Jason, This link can help with the size issue... http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqApp.html#Unused Item 2d is the one you want. Regards, Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "Jason Zischke" <JasonZischke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18CCEA1F-2479-4ED9-A5F6-21B781D0F403@microsoft.com... > Is there a way of speeding up saves in excel or a way to condense the size of > a workbook. ...

Continuing problmes with chkdsk and PST file
My PST file is apparently corrupted, with "Data error, cyclic redundancy check" upon starting Outlook. As per earlier advice, i ran chkdsk /r. But, chkdsk hangs. The % done on phase 4, file data check, was moving along at 1% per every 1 to 5 minutes. Then, at exactly 50%, it just stopped moving. I left it for a few hours, but no further progress (so i interrupted it). The disk light was on continually, but no progress in % complete. Also, if scanpst.exe is run, windows crashes (blue screen). So, are there any further suggestions? Is there any disk utility more robust t...

Numbering in Book Files
I am creating a tech manual where each chapter is its own file. I have created an outline numbered list and saved the list in a template that I then use to create the new chapters. However, I am finding that when I go into a new chapter that the outline numbering does not pick up on the chapter (Heading 1) number. For example: Chapter 1: Heading 1 style 1.1: Heading 2 style 1.1.1: Heading 3 style, etc. But when I start my next chapter, when I update the chapter number to start at 2, I get this: Chapter 2: Heading 1 style 1.1: Heading 2 style 1.1.1: Heading 3 style, etc. ...

Saving document downloaded from email
I downloaded a word 2007 document from a windows mail email yesterday by double clicking on it and opening in word 2007. I then worked on the document and clicked "save". Today I cannot find the document on the computer, it seems that it has not saved. Can anyone explain what has gone wrong? Thanks Catherine If you use Word and Outlook 2007 this should no longer happen as the combination does not allow you to save to a temporary location With other e-mail applications, it is anyone's guess what might occur. You should never open Word attachments directly from e-m...

Restoring Outlook Files
hi, I need to move the actual inbox, etc. from one hard drive to another. Which files do I look for? I had Outlook configured as an IMAP client. I keep looking for a master "inbox" or "mailbox" file, but am unable to find it. thanks for the help! rt brown Look here for all the information you need on backup and restoration of Outlook data: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:02b50...