Sample Code Request for Importing SQL Tables to Excel

Hi, currently, I am using Excel 2000. I would like to do the below in VBA. I
am new in SQL Programming in VBA. To help you to understand myself better, I
have been programming in VBA for Excel quite sometimes. But for the below, I
am totally new.
Pls help me. It is urgent.

01) Check that a local pc connected to an SQL Server (This server is located
in my
      office) successfully.
02) Connect to the SQL Server.
03) Open the database.
04) Open a table in this database.
05) Extract this table.
06) Copy all extracted records and paste in one worksheet in my Excel File.
07) Close the table.
08) Close the database.
09) Close the connection.

You may reply to my below email addresses.

01) sandrapoh@hotmail.com
02) sandrapoh@yahoo.com

Thanks and Best Regards
Sandra Poh
0
SandraPoh (6)
5/16/2006 3:57:03 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Sandra,

I may of missed the point but if your using sql server could you not
just run a select * (your table name)  and 'save results to file' as a
txt file and then import the text file into excel?

HJ

--
Hru48
Hru48's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24895

How do I create a sample in Excel?

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

Proper Table(s) Layout
I have created a couple of Dbs which the table structure seemed to simply fall into place, it was just logical in my head. That said, I am working on a new db and for some reason I am doubting myself and wanted a second opinion. The db is basically a contract db to input all the info, and there is a lot of info, for each contract. Where I am 'lost' is the fact that the contracts are broken into categories: clients, components,engineering, warantee... For all of the components (with the exception of clients) there are a number of fields but only 1 entry per contract....

Annotations sticking to data point & data table
Hello! I know that many people have asked the question here, but I can't seem to figure it out. The data I use is a 'rolling' 12 month calendar (in my example below they only want to see a rolling 7 quarters). I add annotations currently with a textbox for specific months until that month 'rolls' off my chart when the month's data is no longer displayed. I have downloaded the free add-in for the XYCharting, but it doesn't seem to work for me. When I hide the column with the data I no longer want to display, the data label does not move as it is supposed to. My...

Date display in Excel

Excel and some disappeared sheets

Table link documentation

Duplicate record in RM tables
We experienced an issue in Apply Sales Document that may have caused a duplicate record somewhere. We found this when running Paid Sales Transaction Removal and received this message: Violation of PRIMARY KEY contraint PKRM3101. Cannot insert duplicate key in object RM30101. I ran the RM duplicate tool found in the automated help area of this website and found the following: --- Begin copy here ---- Duplicates between RM Open and RM History Document #: 07-003021-17 Customer #: 079100 RMDTYPAL #: 7 --- End copy --- It looks like the duplicte tool also logs the qu...

Importing AOL Email File Cabinet

Excel 2007 PC damages Mac Excel 2008 Files

request to solve my problem #5

SQL Server Connection Failed
Hi everybody, this is my scenario: 1. Windows Server 2008 2. WSS 3.0 + MOSS 2007 3. SQL Server 2008. i'm having this problem: "Login failed for user 'sa'. Reason: An error occurred while evaluating the password. [CLIENT: 72.55.191.137]". in this momment i can't see any application from sharepoint. somebody knows how can i do? i don't change the sa password. i don't change anything in the sharepoint configuration. since two days ago i'm having this problem. pls, is very urgent, because i have to deliver this server the next monday to the...

Pivot Table Defaults
In the pivot table field list, whenever I create a new pivot table and I am inserting fields into the value area, I generally get as default field setting the 'Count' value. Is there a way to format the spreadsheet to make Excel recognize the data as all numbers so it defaults to the "Sum" function as opposed to "text"? Hi The rule that the PT Wizard adopts is, If all the values in the field being added to the data area are Numeric, then it uses Sum. If any of the values are Text or BLANK, then it uses Count. It sounds as though you have defin...

Like a pivot table
Hello every body I'm first time requesting in this group, so I opologize in advance for any mistakes or something annoying I repeat what I have sent before 10 min because I see it unclear when it goes to news group If any one can help me I'm working with data which most of it comes like a table with feilds as columns and records as rows. I want it to be as many rows with each feild an example what is exist name age Joining Date Tele John 20 Jun-90 4321251 Iqbal 30 Jul-95 6583752 George 40 Sep-85 7843125 What I wa...

Excel error 1706

Request Selection
Hi, if we try to assign an activity to an open Request there are all Requests available (include closed). is there a way to show only open requests in this select-formular ? regards armin ...