Run-time error '5'

Hello,

I'm getting a weird error on one of our computers. As soon as I open Excel
and click anywhere on the sheet, I get an error:

Run-time error '5'
Invalid procedure or call argument

This is just a blank document, with no macros or VBA code. Why am I getting
it?

I would appreciate your help.

Thank you,

--
Peter Afonin

0
peter4395 (2)
8/3/2004 10:00:53 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi
try removing all add-ins

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Peter Afonin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm getting a weird error on one of our computers. As soon as I open
> Excel and click anywhere on the sheet, I get an error:
>
> Run-time error '5'
> Invalid procedure or call argument
>
> This is just a blank document, with no macros or VBA code. Why am I
> getting it?
>
> I would appreciate your help.
>
> Thank you,
0
frank.kabel (11126)
8/3/2004 10:54:03 PM
Chip Pearson has a bunch of suggestions to help diagnose problems that occur
when excel starts up.

Maybe they can help you diagnose your problem.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Peter

> Hi
> try removing all add-ins
>
> --
> Regards
> Frank Kabel
> Frankfurt, Germany
>

> Peter Afonin wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm getting a weird error on one of our computers. As soon as I open
> > Excel and click anywhere on the sheet, I get an error:
> >
> > Run-time error '5'
> > Invalid procedure or call argument
> >
> > This is just a blank document, with no macros or VBA code. Why am I
> > getting it?
> >
> > I would appreciate your help.
> >
> > Thank you,

0
peter4395 (2)

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Error in Outlook Today

Re: 'Uknown Error 0x800CCC97'

stop error defeating me

Error in database....

question about Time

Time Clock Systems
Does anyone have a recommendation for a time clock system that integrates well with GP? On Oct 5, 10:20 am, kcd <k...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone have a recommendation for a time clock system that integrates > well with GP? We just implemented Time Matrix by Business Computers (www.business- computers.com) and are very happy with it. We implemented quickly the hardware wasn't propietary or complicated so we were able to source our own stuff. Troy I can speak highly of Unitime's time and attendance system. They are a relatively low cost solution t...

Short time vs short date

Outlook 2000 running on XP
After setting up a mail account and indicating that I want all passwords remembered I constantly get promoted to enter a password when I send and/or receive mail. I have clicked remember password in all dialoges during the setup process and via the Properties dialog following the creation of the account. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatfully accepted Thanks "Ross Andrews" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1fb4801c45886$24eab500$a301280a@phx.gbl... > After setting up a mail account and indicating that I > want all passwords reme...

error 553

80070005 error #2

MS Access 2007 code not running

what printers can run Vista
just purchased a dell which came with Vista on it. now my printer (HP 5550 deskjet) won't print. I need to find a new printer that i can hook up to the computer. This is an Access newsgroup. We help with questions related to Microsoft Access - the database application that is part of MS Office Professional. -- Rick B "monroe" <monroe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC746826-251A-4097-AF88-2805BCDE7DEC@microsoft.com... > just purchased a dell which came with Vista on it. now my printer (HP > 5550 > deskjet) won't print. I need to...

Moving exchange 5.5 to a new server exchange 2003
Good day all... how do I move exchange 5.5 to a brand new exchange server 2003. The new server will be in a new organization. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ray http://www.microsoft.com/usa/webcasts/ondemand/2340.asp http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en- us;exch2003 Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >Good day all... how do I move exchange 5.5 to a brand new >exchange server 2003. The new server will be in a new >organization. Any info would be greatly appreciated. > >Thanks, >Ray > >. ...

Out of Office
I have a problem when I try to set up my "out of office" message. I use Outlook 2003 and have XP Professional. I do not have an exchange server so I have to emulate it - which I did. So.........when I leave for vacation, I have to leave my computer on and Outlook running to have the "Out of Office" message sent to any incoming emails. This seems crazy to me. I run a small business from my home - so what happens if the power goes off on the first day of vacation - then I have no out of office message going to clients. Is there any way around this?? Thanks in a...

Outlook will not run in Cached Exchange mode
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C68E30.831A2160 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Having a problem running outlook offline. I can't. I keep getting an = error that outlook was unable to open my .ost file when I try to run = outlook while not connected to my exchange server. So I set Outlook not = to run in cached mode, deleted my .ost file, reset outlook to work in = cached mode. Outlook creates the ost file, but still every time I try to = run outlook offline, I get the same erro...

Windows 7/IE8 Javascript will not run.
I am having major issues with IE8 recently. I get no error messages, things just don't work. For example, I can't download files from sites, windows update will not download files either. I viewed the html source on a particular page that wasn't working and there was some text in the html that said Javascript was not supported in my browser (but the text didn't show on the screen). FWIW, I have now installed both chrome and firefox and they don't have any problems with javascript or download files, etc. This problem started after I switched from McAfee to...