Run an excel file in other PC without Office installed

Hi,

Can I run an excel file in other PC that doesn=B4t have office installed
like in Access where you can create an autoexec.

Thanks!!
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You can download a free Excel Viewer from the MS site
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"1234" <altachicasaudaces@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Can I run an excel file in other PC that doesn�t have office installed
> like in Access where you can create an autoexec.
>
> Thanks!!

0
Bernard
2/20/2010 4:45:15 PM
I've never seen any recent programs that allow you to compile an excel file into
an .exe so that it could become a standalone program.

But there are alternatives--maybe...

If all you want to do is view the workbook (no changes), then you could install
the excel viewer from Microsoft:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1cd6acf9-ce06-4e1c-8dcf-f33f669dbc3a&DisplayLang=en

Or if your formulas don't use any "funny" functions, maybe one of the free
office suites would be ok to install.

http://www.openoffice.org
(And there are other free office suites to choose from, too.)

(Funny functions are those that aren't supported in OpenOffice's Calc program.
And I don't think that OpenOffice will run any macros.)

Another option would to use google docs:
http://documents.google.com

None of these are as full-featured as excel.  But maybe they'd be sufficient for
your purposes.

--

Dave Peterson
0

You could have your other PC download the Excel Viewer which would allow
viewing and printing but no editing.

http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?mode=a&qid=468957&query=excel+viewer+downloads&spid=global&catalog=LCID%3D1033&1033comm=1&res=20

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 08:33:08 -0800 (PST), 1234 <altachicasaudaces@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Can I run an excel file in other PC that doesn�t have office installed
>like in Access where you can create an autoexec.
>
>Thanks!!

0
Gord