Rows and Columns Settings Problem

How do you set rows and columns in a way that when you scrol
down/column you can always see a certain row(s)/column(s)

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Check out XL Help for "Freeze Panes"

In article <JMorgan.1ad5vf@excelforum-nospam.com>,
 JMorgan <<JMorgan.1ad5vf@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote:

> How do you set rows and columns in a way that when you scroll
> down/column you can always see a certain row(s)/column(s).
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
8/2/2004 2:10:58 PM
Thank

adding rows to excel table
I have created an inventory table with about 500 rows (one per item). Now, I need to add five blank rows after each already entered row. These 5 new rows contain a formula that is constant throughout the whole thing. Is there a way to do this without manually adding them one by one? can't i just create one set of the new rows including the formula and tell the program to insert it after each existing row? haystack here is a macro that will insert 5 blank lines after every row something similar can be done to insert formulas as required or to copy a range and paste it into t...

sending problem after upgrade to Vista
Hi, I had XP Pro SP2 running with Outlook 2003 (using an internet POP3 account) with SP2 and all latest microsoft updates both for xp and office. After an inplace upgrade to Vista, everything is working fine except sending mails with Outlook. Especially when sending larger attachments (f.e. 2 MB) to one or more recipients : in this case the mail sometimes get stuck in the Outlook Outbox. Outlook seems to be doing the sending/receiving process but this process appears to be hanging. The recipients receive the message but on my side the mail remains in the outbox folder and is even send multipl...

Displaying the Sigma Symbol as a Column heading
Excel ver 2000 I would like to use the Sigma symbol as a character of a Column heading. I have two questions: Does Excel have the ability to display these symbols as text? What is the process for doing this? I tried looking at the WingDing fonts but could not find the symbol. Where can I obtain a keyboard mapping of the WingDing fonts? Thank you You can see it in Internet Explorer at http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/rexx/htm/fonts.htm you can make Firefox show same if you add fonts, and you will have to redo each time a new version of Firefox is installed. http://www.mvps.or...

document printing problems
Having problems with printing worksheet Have set up to print on a xerox printer with a picture in the header and the data populated by links into the correct cells. prints perfect on the xerox printer. The moment I change to another printer the whole layout changes both in print preview and when printed out despite all paper and page settings being identical. Changes both the picture size and the cell layout. ...

Authentication problems
Hello, we recently migrated from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0. We can login and work with CRM. Everything works as expected. But users sometimes get the message "401. Unauthorized....". It's a simple white screen with the error in plain black text. So no custom IE error message. Restarting the browser (and reopening the crm website) solves the problem in most cases. - First I thought that is was a session that gets expired but certain users claim they also get the error after only a few minutes of work. - Sometimes restarting the browser does not work and you have to wait a few minut...

Outlook & Outlook Express
I have both loaded on my computer (Express was my original e-mail program). I successfully loaded Outlook and copied my contact list. I then set Outlook as the default. Nevertheless, I only get mail on O-Express, even though all my settings on Outlook, Outlook-Express list Outlook as the default. Mail settings on my control panel verify this. What's wrong??? Firstly with OE closed does OL send/receive OK ie send yourself a msg If OK, either delete mail accounts in OE, or set it to not check for mail. If you use OE (mail) and OL whichever is open will receive mail, assuming the ...

How set up a spread in pounds & ounces?
Keeping track of catches in fishing tourney.....duh, keeping weights in pounds and ounces rather than converting.....I forget/ (Old age). Peter Wrote: > Keeping track of catches in fishing tourney.....duh, keeping weight > in > pounds and ounces rather than converting.....I forget/ (Old age). Hi Peter Put Pounds in columnA, Ounces in ColumnB Use the following formulas to add up the columns Pounds > =SUM(A2:A15)+INT(SUM(B2:B15)/16) Change the range to suit Ounces > =MOD(SUM(B2:B15),16) Change the range to suit This will return the correct weight in pounds and ounce -...

Outlook Contact Problem
Where can be the reason of the following effect: outlook 2003, XP Pro. SP2 approx. 650 contacts in .pst data base, Something (parameter, process) causes delete (remove) the group of the SAME old contacts approx.120) and NEW entered, continously (with a period ~ 120 minutes) to Delete Folder. I transfer all contacts back to the Contact Folder and again they are removing to the Delete Folder. In my home platform, very similar (2003, XP pro, Sp2) to describing one, that same contact base behaves properly. Contacts are synchronized using ActiveSync 3.7 and PPC hx4700 WM2003 2nd edition. Have you ...

How do I set up a multi-page org chart from an excel spreadsheet?
I am trying to figure out how to set up an Excel spreadsheet using multiple worksheets for each individual page of an organization chart. When I use the Org Chart Wizard it only does one page of the spreadsheet. Assuming there is no charge for your assistance... any information or samples you could provide would be GREATLY appreciated. Wy don't you have a hidden Excel page that contains ALL the other pages, and then run the Org Chart Wizard on that? "Martie" <Martie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE7BE81A-ED09-4E1C-952B-061FFA05AF70@microsoft.co...

Problems, Problems
I recently installed Windows XP upgrade on my home computer. According to the instructions, all programs would be saved on the computer and work in Windows XP. This held true for my internet connections, favorites, documents etc, but I'm having problems with my email. Under my account name, I had to redo my internet settings, and while I can receive and send email now, I cannot access any of my old contacts, or emails saved in my inbox or other files! To make matters worse, when I try to open Outlook express under my hubby's account (the systems adminstrator on the compute...

Problems with footnote numbers
When I change the reference number the corresponding footnote number won't change - this is Word 2003. Any solutions? What do you mean by "reference number"? Why do you want footnote numbers to change? Footnotes are numbered sequentially throughout a document (or by page, or by section). If you're referring a second time to a footnote using cross references, they don't update automatically -- you need to select them (Ctrl-A) and press F9, or switch to Print Preview and back. If you have a reference list at the end of your article in the form of numbered...

Column Size
Hello I've been playing around with placing objects in specified cells. However, I've noticed that the standard column width is shown as 8.43 (64 pixels) - can you tell me what this measurement is? I think the standard row height is in points - why the difference? Thanks Peter Width is dependant on the font. 8.43 denotes that many characters can be displayed in the default Arial font. Try this: With the display set at 100%, note how many columns are visible on your screen. Now, <Tools> <Options> <General> tab, And change the default font to Algerian (right ab...

Convert Data to columns heading
Example: Product | Date | Sales ----------------------- A | Jan94 | 200 A | Feb94 | 300 A | Mar94 | 400 A | Apr94 | 500 A | May94 | 600 A | Jun94 | 700 A | Jul94 | 800 A | Aug94 | 200 A | Sep94 | 300 A | Oct94 | 400 A | Nov94 | 500 A | Dec94 | 600 B | Jan94 | 200 B | Feb94 | 300 B | Mar94 | 400 B | Apr94 | 500 B | May94 | 600 B | Jun94 | 700 B | Jul94 | 800 B | Aug94 | 200 B | Sep94 | 300 B | Oct94 | 400 B | Nov94 | 500 B | Dec94 | 600 How can I convert it to: Product | Jan94 | Feb94 | Mar94 | Apr94 | May94| Jun94 | Jul94...... ----------------------------------------------------------------...

Money Problem in Vista FIXED
Hello: I just spent a couple days trying to fix MS Money and after an 88 minute call to MS Support, we finally fixed it. I want to pass this on, and hopefully someone can put this in one of the FAQs as well. I am using Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit. I had this problem in MS Money Deluxe 2007, however, I then went and bought MS Money Plus Deluxe thinking that installing a newer version would work, but this did not make any difference. My problem was, whenever I would update my bank information, MS Money would stop working and close down. Also, the background application would stop as w...

IE 8 Problems on Windows 7 64 bit
I am running Win7 64bit on an ASUS P6TD with 12GB of RAM IE 8 (32 bit) was installed by the default install from the Win7 DVD I am having very unusual problems in that every new tab that I open results in a new instance of iexplore.exe *32 as shown by the task manager. Whats is worse is that the instances never close. When I do close (either a tab or the entire IE8 app) the task manager shows that all of the instances stay active in memory. And random occurances of a message box appears that says "A tab has been recovered" Sometimes if I had been viewing a video that...

how can I set a default language in PPT2007?
unlike Word, PPT does not appear to let the user define a default language that is used throughout a complete ppt document. PPT picks up the language from your keyboard. You can specify the language on your placeholders. Go to View | Slide Master, select the various placeholders, then choose the language for them on the Review tab. You can use the code at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;245468 to change the language throughout the presentation. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/...

column widths and row heights
based on 100% view, when u set the column width to say 12 units and the row height to, for example, 15... what is the actual dimensions in reality in mm. ie, how can i get the required number to ensure that row and colms are exactly 2 mm in width and height pat Column width and row heights defaults are not in inches or mm. The number that appears in the Standard column width box is the average number of digits 0-9 of the standard font that fit in a cell. Row heights are measured in points or pixels. There are 72 points to an inch and "maybe" 96 pixels to the inch. For ...

Contacts Folder Problem
Outlook version: 2003 When in a Distribution List, I click on [Select Members] and get this MS Office Outlook message: The list could not be displayed. The Contacts Folder associated with this address could not be opened; It may have been moved or delected, or you do not have permissions. For information on how to remove this folder from the Outlook Address Book, see Outlook Office Outlook Help. [OK] I would appreciate advice on how to fix. -- Larry Bohen www.audiobooksonline.com Reset the connection between the Outlook Address Book and your Contact Folder. Go to Tools | E-mail account...

How to find duplicates within same column
Hello all, I am trying to find if there are any duplicate values within the same column, without removing them. Example ID no. 1121 2222 3343 5554 6785 4565 6785 1121 3343 In this example 1121, 3343, 6785 are duplicates. I have a ~20000 rows spreadsheet and would like to speed up the process. Thank you all, Frank http://www.cpearson.com/excel/Duplicates.aspx -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Frank Beltre" <fbl3@fbl3.com> wrote in message news:uhDpWEL8HHA.3716@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hello all, > > I am trying to find if there are any duplicate values withi...

WSAEPROVIDERFAILEDINIT problem from service
I run from service process with user rights (when user is logged) and in this process I create socket (CAsyncSocket::Create(port);). And I get WSAEPROVIDERFAILEDINIT error. When I run this process manually everything is ok. What is wrong? There are issues of server privileges involved. One thing you might try is to use other than the LocalService account to run the service. joe On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 17:37:45 +0200, ragi <ragi@agora.pl> wrote: >I run from service process with user rights (when user is logged) and in >this process I create socket (CAsyncSocket::Create(port)...

Load XML to DataSet Problem

Comparison of Columns
I have three columns thast represent Set numbers, I want to compare the values in column "B" with those in column "A" find where they match and then calculate how many rows they have moved either up or down and put the answer in column "C" Col A Col B Col C 1127 1129 +1 1129 1130 +1 1130 1132 +3 1102 1102 0 1131 1131 0 1132 1133 +1 1133 1135 +1 1135 1137 +2 1062 1138 +2 1137 1062 -1 1138 1141 You need to provide much more detail. For example, what exactly do you mean by "where they match&quo...

Resetting default row height to allow display of wrapped text
I'm using Excel 2000 and XP Pro. I'm formatting a text page whereby users can input text into a column and I want the text to wrap so that whatever the length of their text we see it all. On a default page it works fine. However I tinkered with the row height for font purposes and now the text will wrap but the row won't expand to fit the whole text. How do I reset the row/sheet or whatever to get the display I want? Thanks -- Stilson Snow There is a limit to how much text will display within a cell and how much text displays in the formula bar. Goto excel help and enter...

Go offline problems
If I try to go offline, the process brakes down during the Accountsync. I can't cancel the process and have to reload Outlook. Now, I get the message "The Microsoft CRM server is unavailable. Would you like to work offline with previously synchronized data?" I have to click on yes and the client goes offline with the last synchronisation. After a restart I can go online again. Have anybody a suggestion? All, Verify that the CRM User you are logged in as has create, read, write, append and append to privileges. There is the potential that someone assigned an account to y...

Why my setting doesn't work?
I am trying to write a program similar to "ping".Like the example provided in MSDN,I call setsockopt function to set SO_RCVTIMEO value for my raw socket.And before I make a call to recvfrom,I call getsockopt to ensure that the value ihas been correctly set,and it has.But recvfrom does not return automatically when the specified timeout is exceeded,conversely ,it gets stuck permanently if no packet can be received. If anyone knows why ,could you please tell me what I should do to get the result I want?Thank you in advance for you help. ...