row height changing on own

I have a excel spreadsheet that is saved as a read-only file. My work
area has access to this file. When one co-worker opens the file, the
row height is different from everyone elses. Any suggestions why this
would happen or how to fix?

0
cabcab58 (8)
4/17/2007 6:53:48 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Apr 17, 7:53 pm, cab58 <cabca...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a excel spreadsheet that is saved as a read-only file. My work
> area has access to this file. When one co-worker opens the file, the
> row height is different from everyone elses. Any suggestions why this
> would happen or how to fix?

The actual row height is different?

Or does it just look different?  Check the zoom settings on your
workstations.  It may be that your co-workers machine is set to a
different zoom setting...

cab58;7513184 Wrote:
> I have a excel spreadsheet that is saved as a read-only file. My work
> area has access to this file. When one co-worker opens the file, the
> row height is different from everyone elses. Any suggestions why this
> would happen or how to fix?

Hi, is his excel defaulted to a larger font?

--
davesexcel
On Apr 18, 4:38 am, tercerojista <peter.log...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> On Apr 17, 7:53 pm, cab58 <cabca...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have a excel spreadsheet that is saved as a read-only file. My work
> > area has access to this file. When one co-worker opens the file, the
> > row height is different from everyone elses. Any suggestions why this
> > would happen or how to fix?
>
> The actual row height is different?
>
> Or does it just look different?  Check the zoom settings on your
> workstations.  It may be that your co-workers machine is set to a
> different zoom setting...

Thanks for the suggestion. It's not zoom settings. WHen I try to
change the row height to 12.75, it rounds it to 12.8. I changed the
display settings on the workstation and that didn't change it either.
The icons appear larger although it is not customized to large icons.
Thanks so much for any help you can provide.

0
cabcab58 (8)
4/18/2007 1:44:47 PM
On Apr 18, 6:59 am, davesexcel <davesexcel.2p8...@no-
mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au> wrote:
> cab58;7513184 Wrote:
>
> > I have a excel spreadsheet that is saved as a read-only file. My work
> > area has access to this file. When one co-worker opens the file, the
> > row height is different from everyone elses. Any suggestions why this
> > would happen or how to fix?
>
> Hi, is his excel defaulted to a larger font?
>
> --
> davesexcel

Thanks for the suggestion. I checked the font. We think it is a print
driver issue.

thanks for all the help!!

0
cabcab58 (8)

msconfig changes= a message when I start up, and computer manageme
Hi. I recently went into msconfig and shut off some programs at startup. I did not start anything else up. I shut off something to do with my photoediting program, ZuneLauncher (I have a Zune player and the software installed) and an icon that pops up to open and edit my HIDef Audio Deck. The Audio Deck is not the driver or anything, my sound still works. It is the interface to adjust sound properties like the sound icon/option you can adjust in windows notmally. I adjusted NOTHING else. In msconfigs general tab it is not on Normal startup (to load all device drivers and se...

Changing fonts
I change the fonts as suggested through Help. I go into Create Mail and the font has gone back to the default of Arial. I do not want to change the font everytime I send an email. ...

Upgrading from 8-9. The Stored Procedures change?
Hi, We will upgrade Great Plains from version 7-9. We have some interfaces we use some of the GP Stored procedures. I would like to know if there are any change in the Great Plains procedures funcionality. Is there any documentation for that? I am interested on 4: SVC_Create_contract_Audit SVC_New_contract_number SVC_Set_Contract_line_invoice SVC_Cancel_Contract_line They are part of the Contracts module. Please if anybody can help me with some documents or where I can verify any SP change between versions, I will really appreciate!!! I need to do effort estimate.. -- Thank you in advan...

Search function won't find words that I have changed while using track changes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC I am editing a huge document using track changes. Now any changes I have made to the document are no longer being found when I do a search. To confirm, the text I am searching for is the *new* text, and I have tried different settings -- both keeping track changes on and turning it off; setting the view to final, final showing changes, original showing changes, etc. But any text I have changed, even slightly (e.g. removing quote marks or italicizing the text), will cause that text to not be found when I search. This is...

How to change the appearence of CSplitterWnd during dragging the splitter?
How to change the appearence of CSplitterWnd during dragging the splitter? There's a virtual function OnDrawSplitter( CDC* pDC, ESplitType nType, const CRect& rectArg ), but it looks like it only helps to make a custom drawing when the splitter is not being dragged. By logic, it should be redefined OnMouseMove() function ... Any suggestions? ...

Change sequence of pages in Pub2007 document
I have been asked to convert a Pub2007 document into a PDF file and post on an organizational website. However, the page sequence has been designed for a monthly newsletter for mailing. The document has 4 pages and is 11x17. I need the output to be 4 pages in correct sequence 8.5x11 for easy printing by those who wish to obtain a digital newsletter. I am attempting to avoid a complete redesign of the pages. I believe it should be possible to tell Publisher to re-sequence the pages in the proper order and to resize the pages to 8.5x11 for personal computer printout on letter-size ho...

Take row headings and make a new sheet for each
I have a list of employees that I want to track uniform issue. I woul like to take each row and make a sheet for it, but I don't want to d it one by one, by hand. Is there some short cut to make a sheet fo each row? Thanks for your help, Roxanne : -- Roxann ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Roxanne's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1489 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26526 Roxanne, It could be done, but would require a macro. Consider carefully doing that, as the...

legend keeps changing
I'm working in Excel 2007. I have a legend for a graph and I have deleted a few items from the legend. I save the worksheet but the next time I open it up the legend is different. How can I get the legend to stay the same after I make changes to it. I am having the same problem. Did you ever get an answer? B. Done wrote: legend keeps changing 10-May-10 I am working in Excel 2007. I have a legend for a graph and I have deleted a few items from the legend. I save the worksheet but the next time I open it up the legend is different. How can I get the legend to...

What's the best method for changing a username/email adress?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003F_01C4B5E5.20E47D80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Admins! I'm a bit green at Exchange Administration as I run a SBS2000 and have = been learning much as I go. One of my users just got married and her name changed. So I need to = change both her username and email address. Do I recreate both afresh or = are there other ways to accompish my task? Can you tell me how to most do this following best practices? pheidippides ------=_NextPart_000_003F_0...

Change row colur
Hello, I have a large spredsheet that I want to make easier to read. In column B you can type in x or a. What I want is that if B15 changes to a the whole row should became grey. This should be the case for the whole sheet. Do anyone know how to do this? BR Mia -- Best regards Mia Look at conditional formatting in excel's help. Sam "Mia" wrote: > Hello, > > I have a large spredsheet that I want to make easier to read. > > In column B you can type in x or a. What I want is that if B15 changes to a > the whole row sho...

Standard field "Heights" ?? (Forms to big for screens)
Having trouble making our Forms fit on screens for users who run low res (600x800 or whatever) Can any of you suggest any tips? (Other than eliminating some of the data fields :) Looks like default heights for... Field = 0.2083" Field Title = .1667" I've reduced Field Height to .166 and changed "Special Effects" to 'Flat" (default is "Sunken) I've used Format | Align to snug all the fields & titles up against each other. I'm using Command Buttons on some forms to "popup" additional data... Thanks for any help. Mel Mel wrote: ...

change worksheet size
I would like to change the size of a worksheet eg so that when you scroll down it doesnt go all the way down to 66000 ( or whatever it is) i would like it to stop at maybe...100. I have tried draggin all the way down to the bottom and hiding the cells, but its not very practical to do numerous times. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Reply ASAP, Thanks. A much quicker way to do what you did previously is to select the entire first row you want hidden - row 101 in your example - and then selecting [SHIFT]+[CTRL]+[DOWN ARROW]. This will highlight all rows to the end of the sheet....

Changing the font of numerous dialog items
Short of creating variables or using GetDlgItem repeatedly, is it possible to iterate through the child windows of any dialog, identify which are buttons or checkboxes, and apply SetFont() to them? The font will be owned by the CDialog/CPropertyPage. "jSmith" <js@aol.com> wrote in message news:#jVPo6iOGHA.2624@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Short of creating variables or using GetDlgItem repeatedly, is it > possible to iterate through the child windows of any dialog, identify > which are buttons or checkboxes, and apply SetFont() to them? > > The font will be owne...

How to change Machine name without Prompt for credentials
Hi I'm hoping there's a way to do this, but I'm not sure. I have an OU configured which contains some Computer accounts and a couple of user accounts. To one of the accounts I've delegated permissions to add and delete "computer" objects in that OU. When I'm logged into one of the computers in the OU and I try to rename the Computer, I'm prompted for credentials, even though I'm already logged on using the delegated account. I enter the username/password and all is good but I'd like not to be required to enter the user/pass. Is the...

How do I change how links in E-mails are opened? Outlook 2007
I'm using Outlook 2007 and whenever I click a link in an e-mail that goes to a website it tries to open it in the Outlook window instead of using my internet browser. This REALLY bugs me. Is there any way the change this so that the link will open in a new IE or Firefox window? Microsoft Help has been useless and I can't seem to find a solution online anywhere. What is the program associated with web pages under Folder Options->File Types? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook versi...

How to get one variable to equal the value of a changing variable (its hard to explain in the subject)
Dim CurrMenu as ???Dim MenuNo As IntegerDim Menu1ItemCount as Integer, Dim Menu2ItemCount as IntegerMenu1ItemCount = 1Menu2ItemCount = 3Menu3ItemCount = 5 etcDo While MenuNo < whatever MenuNo = 1 CurrMenu = "Menu" & Str(MenuNo) & "ItemCount" & ".Value" MenuNo 1LoopWhat I'm trying to do is set CurrMenu to Menu1ItemCount (not the textbut the value of the variable). How do I do that? I've tried to putwords together so that it equals 'Menu1ItemCount.Value' but obviouslythat does not work because it thinks its text, not the valu...

formula adding cells in worksheets when # of sheets in work book changes
I have a workbook template which contains a worksheet for each day o the month and a summary sheet which totals cells from the dail worksheets. The problem is that each month does not have the sam number of days, so the cells of the summary sheet needs to have th range changed when there is a different number of days. Is there a way to write a formula to include only worksheets that ar present - ie when a new file is created from the template i automatically has worksheets for 31 days - and a worksheet will b deleted if there are only 30 days. Is there a way to create a formul so that the f...

global text box changes in Excel
I've downloaded a 12-month-on-1-page 2006 calendar into Excel. Each individual date is its own text box. I would like to increase the size of the font for every text box. Is there a way to do it globally or do I have to change each text box individually? Try a macro like the following Sub IncreaseFont() Dim OLEObj As OLEObject For Each OLEObj In Worksheets("Sheet1").OLEObjects With OLEObj If TypeOf .Object Is MSForms.TextBox Then .Object.Font.Size = 16 ' whatever font size you want End If End With Next OLEObj End Sub -- Cordial...

hisind rows with an if statement
I would like to be able to hide a number of rows based on the response to a question.. The response to the question is a list box with either "yes" or "no" as the choices.. If the response = "no" then I would like to hide the next 3 rows, otherwise do nothing.. Is there a "hide" command of some sort that I can use as part of an IF statement or is this going to require a macro ? -- Thanks Larry Requires a macro, specifically a Worksheet_Change() event macro: Assuming your "YES/NO" choice is in column A the code belo...

Get GridView row index
I have the code below that runs when a textbox in an ItemTemplate changes. My problem is that it always updates the 1st row. How can I change the value in DataKeys to reflect the index of the row I am on? p.s. I am using AutoPostback and UpdatePanel. Thanks. Protected Sub txtWeek1Units_TextChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Dim txBox As TextBox = CType(sender, TextBox) Dim intTempID As Int32 = Convert.ToInt32(gvTimesheetEntry.DataKeys(0).Value) Dim dblUnits As Double = 0 If txBox.Text <> "" Then ...

comment indicator changing the color or hiding the indicators
How can I change the red triangle to a clear triangle so it will not show up in the document. I still want the comment to pop up when i click on that cell. I just do not want the indicator to show. You can't do it so easily. There is a workaround: Tools|Options|View, set Comments to "None". To read a comment, RIGHT-click on the cell and choose "Edit Comment". (When done reading comment, click somewhere else, or hit Escape twice.) The comment will not appear when you pass your cursor over the cell; you have to know which cell to right-click. - David Giovanni wr...

Changing supplier pricing
Anyone have a fast way of changing supplier costs fast? I know the the wizard changes the cost but thats not the supplier cost. So when i place a new po it will still leave me with changing the price. Is there a way to prevent this? Or what if I place the PO and it would save the price i input in the supplier's price? Then move this into the cost field too so that i can do a wizard mark up. HI Peter, First you wanted to not change the price, kindly do the security and just make field readonly. to do so click on the Lock Icon on the top toolbar or click on File > Security and the...

OL03: Changing font of "To", "From" and "Subject" lines
I just installed OL03 on a new laptop for a friend. She's having difficulty reading the To:, From: and Subject: lines in the "Compose New Message" window, and I can't find any options either within Outlook or WinXP itself to affect those. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks. {Jonathan} From the New Message Window: Tools>Forms>Design this form. Right click To:btn. Select properties.Click Font btn. and select font or size. You will probably have to increase the button size also to accomodate the new font size. >-----Original Message----- >I just installed OL03 o...

Changing the window size of a CFileDialog-derived class
I have a CFileDialog-derived class that sizes itself when displayed. My problem is that if I open a normal CFileDialog afterward in the same application, that normal CFileDialog has the same enlarged dimensions as my derived class. My hack is to override the CFileDialog::OnFileNameOK() function and reset my derived CFileDialog back to the original dimensions before the dialog is destroyed. Maybe there's a more elegant way, but this seemed the only way I could get it to work, that is when I display another "normal" CFileDialog later in the same app, the dialog dimensions are back...

How do I track multiple changes to one cell?
I want to be able to see a history of all the changes made to a specific cell. Right now, I'm only able to see the latest change. It would be very beneficial to me if I could see the full history of changes to one cell. Thanks in advance for you help. Tony, The code below will keep track of the changes to cell A1, listing all the values and the date/time changed. The list will start at the bottom of column A -which will have the values, and column B will have the dates - and progress down as changes continue. Copy the code, right-click the sheet tab, select "View Code" and...