Row amd column heading

I have received one excel file in which rows number (1,2...) and column name
(A,B,...) are in some big font 18, or maybe more. I couldn't find option to
make them standard.
Thanks in advance, Emilija

0
emilijas (6)
6/1/2004 6:38:15 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Emilija,

On you toolbar  you should have  a font box and next to it
is the  size of the font.   Select the row and change the fontsize
to 10 for instance.

Help,  Answer Wizard
  Change font size
From the topics show, select the topic that matches
  "Change the font or font size"
---
HTH,

"emilija" <emilijas@usje.com.mk> wrote in message news:uLBGDM6REHA.1276@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> I have received one excel file in which rows number (1,2...) and column name
> (A,B,...) are in some big font 18, or maybe more. I couldn't find option to
> make them standard.
> Thanks in advance, Emilija

0
dmcritchie (2586)
6/1/2004 10:08:25 AM
 It is not that I have asked how to change font size in the column or row. I
know how to do this (thanks good :). Once again, my question is how to
change Row and column heeders (the gray line at the top, and gray column on
the left) I hope I was more precise in my question this time.
Thanks once again

"David McRitchie" <dmcritchie@msn.com> wrote in message
> Hi Emilija,
>
> On you toolbar  you should have  a font box and next to it
> is the  size of the font.   Select the row and change the fontsize
> to 10 for instance.
>
> Help,  Answer Wizard
>   Change font size
> From the topics show, select the topic that matches
>   "Change the font or font size"
> ---
> HTH,
> David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel    [site changed  Nov. 2001]
>
> "emilija" <emilijas@usje.com.mk> wrote in message
> > I have received one excel file in which rows number (1,2...) and column
name
> > (A,B,...) are in some big font 18, or maybe more. I couldn't find option
> > make them standard.
> > Thanks in advance, Emilija

0
emilijas (6)
6/1/2004 12:02:28 PM
Hi Emilija,
You can't change them to have headers of your own,  they are the
cell addresses.   You can have them as numbers, then you have
to address cells differently R1C1.   Otherwise,  like almost everyone
in the newsgroups you have letters and use A1 type addressing.

You do not have to print the row headers and cell headers.  That is
optional and is in   File, Page Setup.  Sheets

If you want your own row numbers instead like for printing purposes
but not for cell reference you can  use something like
A1:  (blank)
A2:  =ROW()-1    and fill down

If the purpose is so that you see a row at the top of your printout
(Rows to Repeat),  or at the top of your Display (Freeze or Split), see
   http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/freeze.htm
---
HTH,

"emilija" <emilijas@usje.com.mk> wrote in message news:uPLzNB9REHA.2936@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> It is not that I have asked how to change font size in the column or row. I
> know how to do this (thanks good :). Once again, my question is how to
> change Row and column heeders (the gray line at the top, and gray column on
> the left) I hope I was more precise in my question this time.
> Thanks once again
>
> "David McRitchie" <dmcritchie@msn.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Emilija,
> >
> > On you toolbar  you should have  a font box and next to it
> > is the  size of the font.   Select the row and change the fontsize
> > to 10 for instance.
> >
> > Help,  Answer Wizard
> >   Change font size
> > From the topics show, select the topic that matches
> >   "Change the font or font size"
> > ---
> > HTH,
> > David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel    [site changed  Nov. 2001]
> > My Excel Pages:  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm
> > Search Page:        http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm
> >
> > "emilija" <emilijas@usje.com.mk> wrote in message
> > > I have received one excel file in which rows number (1,2...) and column
> name
> > > (A,B,...) are in some big font 18, or maybe more. I couldn't find option
> > > make them standard.
> > > Thanks in advance, Emilija

0
dmcritchie (2586)
6/1/2004 1:41:21 PM
Format>Style>Normal.

Change the font size here.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 14:02:28 +0200, "emilija" <emilijas@usje.com.mk> wrote:

> It is not that I have asked how to change font size in the column or row. I
>know how to do this (thanks good :). Once again, my question is how to
>change Row and column heeders (the gray line at the top, and gray column on
>the left) I hope I was more precise in my question this time.
>Thanks once again
>
>"David McRitchie" <dmcritchie@msn.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Emilija,
>>
>> On you toolbar  you should have  a font box and next to it
>> is the  size of the font.   Select the row and change the fontsize
>> to 10 for instance.
>>
>> Help,  Answer Wizard
>>   Change font size
>> From the topics show, select the topic that matches
>>   "Change the font or font size"
>> ---
>> HTH,
>> David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel    [site changed  Nov. 2001]
>> My Excel Pages:  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm
>> Search Page:        http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm
>>
>> "emilija" <emilijas@usje.com.mk> wrote in message
>> > I have received one excel file in which rows number (1,2...) and column
>name
>> > (A,B,...) are in some big font 18, or maybe more. I couldn't find option
>> > make them standard.
>> > Thanks in advance, Emilija

0
Gord

deleting multiple rows
Hello: I need to be able to delete multiple rows out of a worksheet. What I need to be able to do is have a function/macro that can identify a string of characters and then delete all the rows that have those characters. For example, if row 4, 18, and 45 all had "blue" in them (assume column is A), then I need something to go delete row, 4, 18, and 45. At the top of my worksheet I will have several, probably about 3, criteria, such as, "blue", "red", and "green" that will all need to be deleted. Now here's where I really need help. A row may ...

only the first 5 columns of a 10 column excel spreadsheet sort
How do I get the whole spread sheet to sort? There is a blue lox for the first 5 columns that limits the range of the sort. How do I remove it? Using Office 2003. Maybe if you remove the Data|list Select a cell in that blue box. Data|list|convert to range jrw562 wrote: > > How do I get the whole spread sheet to sort? There is a blue lox for the > first 5 columns that limits the range of the sort. How do I remove it? > Using Office 2003. -- Dave Peterson ...

Hide columns according to background fill color
I am having trouble understanding how Excel handles colors. I have a public sub that sets a public variable, "TermColor" using the RGB function. TermColor is of type MsoRGBType. In another module, I use the TermColor variable as follows: Sub WeedColsByColor(ByRef Clr, ByRef WS) Dim LastCol, i As Long With Worksheets(WS) LastCol = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Row - 1 + ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count 'hide columns if they have one of the forbidden colors Debug.Print (CBool(.Cells(2, i).Interior.Color = Clr)) ...

Select a certain number of cells in a row
Hi, I'd like to have the macro to select row 5 to 10 in the active column. May I know what is the VB code to write? Regards, Valerie maybe... dim myRng as range dim myCol as long with activesheet mycol = activecell.Column set myrng = .range(.cells(5,mycol),.cells(10,mycol)) end with myrng.select ======= or with activesheet .cells(5,activecell.column).resize(6).select end with I'm not quite sure why you want to select that range. But for the most part, if you act directly on the range (and avoid .selects), you're code will work faster and be easier to modify. Dolph...

Can there be variable size columns in one report?
I want to create a report that has 3 sub-reports of different column widths. Is this possible? -The 1st sub-report has 1 column that occupies the entire width of the page -The 2nd sub-report can fit 2 columns in the page width -The 3rd sub-report can fit 3 columns in the page width Subreports can have any number of columns that don't have to be the same from one to another. Typically your columns should display across then down in order to render properly as a subreport. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "SheldonHinds" wrote: > I want to create a r...

Excel 2003: How to make transparent columns in Excel chart?
If you create a bar plot froma given dataset you can format the columns by right clicking and choosing the desired options. In the tab that opens there is a slider which is supposed tho set the level of transparency of the column (selceted area). But so far i couldn't find a way how to use this slider. I know that there is an alternative way to get transparent bars by creating a rectangular object formating it and the use copy -> paste. But i wonder what is the slider for if you can't use it? Does anybody know have an idea? Cheers, Thomas ...

Combining Pivot Tables
Hi All, I have a data set of around 100,000 rows which I have imported into excel in two sheets (~50,000 rows each). The data is not in a format that excel can easily parse into a pivot table directly from the source - it requires some formulae in excel to be able to use a pivot table. I have used a pivot table on each of those sheets to summarise the data, and that works fine. However, I would like to be able to get a single summary pivot table from the two sheets (or from the two pivot tables). Is that possible, and if so, how do I go about it? Thanks, Alan. "Alan" <...

Combine rows to print on one label
I have imported student information into an excel spreadsheet (use Excel 2003). Each student has one row of information for each course they take. I need to print one label for each student and each course & grade must print on a single label. How do I combine the rows to cause this to happen? assuming the info in the row is divided into separate columns for name, course, grade, etc you can do a mail merge in word using the spreadsheet as the data source "Clearcreek" wrote: > I have imported student information into an excel spreadsheet (use Excel > 2...

Column width
In Sheet 1 I have a certain amount of data, I want to select some cells and copy them to Sheet 2 keeping the same format. When I do this, the fonts and the colours remain unchanged, but the column width don't. I have tried paste special, but couldn't figure it out. Is this possible? Thanks in advance Regards, Emece.- --Copy range --Select the target cell and right click >PasteSpecial>All>OK --Keeping the target selection right click>PasteSpecial>select ColumnWidth>OK If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob Skaria "Emece"...

How do i keep the colors applied to the specific rows when sortin.
I have applied specific colors to specifc rows, but when i sort the colored rows follow the sorting format. ...

deleting duplicate rows
I have an import file that might have duplicates that I don't want to deal with. I'm creating a temp table from the import file and want to delete the duplicates from the temp table before proceding with other code. Here's an example table: create table #temp (itemnum int, firstname varchar(10), notes varchar(50)) insert into #temp (itemnum, firstname, notes) values (1, 'keith', 'some note') insert into #temp (itemnum, firstname, notes) values (1, 'keith', 'some other note') insert into #temp (itemnum, firstname, notes) values (2, ...

Add values in a column according to value in another column
How can I add the values in a column according to values in another column? If there is any value in a row in column B, I want to include the value of the corresponding row in column A. I'm flexible as to whether this is ANY value (i.e. not empty) or greater than zero. Hi Paul Maybe something like this =IF(B1="","",IF(B1>0,B1+A1)) Regards Cimjet "Paul Kaye" <paulmjkaye@gmail.com> wrote in message news:05befaf3-9ba8-48c8-aebb-654f0269d1dc@34g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > How can I add the values in a column according to values in another > colu...

How do I make a column be my default column in Access
I need to make my desricption field my default field. How do I do that? Right not it defaults to my items field. me.controlname.setfocus or in macro GoToControl "controlname" Bonnie http://www.dataplus-svc.com michelle wrote: >I need to make my desricption field my default field. How do I do that? Right >not it defaults to my items field. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200912/1 Or, if you don't want to use events, simply set your tab order from the form design view. -- Frank H R...

Resize rows in a protected sheet
Hi there. I'm sending out a protected worksheet with some cells that the users can enter variable amounts of text. I've set the size so they can comfortably fit in about 50 words but I'd like them to have the flexibility to resize the row height when they're editing the worksheet. But because it's protected, they can't. Is there anyway I can allow them to change the row height dynamically? A button or something?? Andrew A workaround. Format the alignment in the cell to Wrap text. Users can Keep entering text or returns (ALT+ENTER) in the cell and it will aut...

Copying non-adjacent columns to adjacent rows
Hi all, I consider myself fluent in Excel, but I've developed a situation that has stumped me. Any help would be much appreciated. I might be able to solve this issue if somebody could show me how to add a number to a column. For example, if I want Excel to pull data from Column D, how can I get Excel to realize that column D is really the same thing as Column A + 3? I know you can use the column() command to get the numerical value for a column, but is there a way to have it do that in reverse, such that you could tell it the column number is 4 and it would know that you are referring...

Autofit rows
I am having an issue with autofitting rows in a spreadsheet of imported text in Excel 2003. There are no merged cells in the document, and none of the cells go over the 1024 character limit. When I select all rows and attempt to autofit the rows to the contents of the cells, some of the rows resize properly, and some leave one or several lines of white space below the bottom of the text in the longest cell. I can resize them manually, but this is data that is imported daily and runs to several thousand rows. If I widen the column where I am having the problem, once it reaches a certain ...

Deleting multiple rows through a formula
So does anyone know a formula that will allow me to delete multiple rows of re-occuring data in a spreadsheet. For example, I have a spreadsheet of 10,000 lines, with multiple mobile numbers on it. I need to only have one of each mobile number and delete the remaining rows where the mobile has been repeated? Mike you may be able to use the advance filter where can select unique records only. select data filter advanced filter select copy to another location then in list range box enter range to filter in the copy to box enter a free column select unique records only then ok then just ...

counting dates <= 7 days ago based on criteria in a diff column
I have a spreadsheet that holds all tasks for a project. Column D holds a catagory and column Q holds the date closed. I need a formula (on a separate sheet) that counts all tasks of a specific category that were closed in the past 7 days. I already have a formula that calculates all tasks that were closed in the past 7 days, just need to add the additional criterion of the category. Hi, Try this =sumproduct((sheet1!D2:D30=A2)*((today()-sheet1!Q2:Q30)=7)) A2 on sheet2 has the specific category for which you want to count the closed tasks -- Regards, Ashish Mathur...

How do I clear a column of data without clearing the formulas?
I want to zero out a column of data, but not the subtotal formulas. How can I do that easily without going to every cell? Hi Select your column then choose edit / goto / special - constants - ok this will just select the non-formula cells then press the delete key cheers JulieD "EllenSwarts" <EllenSwarts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD518142-47BC-438D-BE23-8DF1E9F72042@microsoft.com... >I want to zero out a column of data, but not the subtotal formulas. How >can > I do that easily without going to every cell? qlso look at: http://www...

excel command that counts conditions met in 2 columns?
is there a form of countif that increments only if conditions are met in two (or more) columns? e.g., countif(colA = 1 and colB = 2) Hi You need SUMPRODUCT. Have a look here for some guidance and post back if you need some more help. http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions01.html#SumProduct Hope this helps. Andy. "brendalw" <brendalw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F21CD5F8-8679-4A8E-90FC-AA35657C19DC@microsoft.com... > is there a form of countif that increments only if conditions are met in > two > (or more) columns? e.g., countif(colA = 1 a...

Paste row under existing data
Hello to the group, this is the first time I'm here and I'm getting a little desperate looking for a solution. I hope I'll find someone who can help me with this. Anyone who helps me has a virtual beer from me, cause this is rather urgent and I don't know how to do it. :-) Okay, here's the deal. I'm using Excel 2000. I have a worksheet which is used to enter different kinds of data (no kidding). When it's all entered, it creates a row of 5 cells which needs to be copied to another worksheet in another file for tracking purposes. Furthermore, it needs to be done for...

Max Row Height not long enough to print
How can I have text in a cell that is longer than the maximum row height (409) print? Hi Dee You can use a text box from the Drawing tool -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9531E0F9-61F8-4226-9459-2478595CE814@microsoft.com... > How can I have text in a cell that is longer than the maximum row height > (409) print? Thanks Ron, The only problem is that most of the cells will have this problem. :) Dee "Ron de Bruin" wrote: > Hi Dee > > You can use a text box from ...

Need to create blank computation column
Ok, let's try again. This time I'm breaking it down to a simple problem so that I don't confuse anyone: I have 3 cells in a row. In cell x I have a variable. In cell y I have a variable. In cell z I have a formula: =x*y . Now if the user is presented with variable x and nothing for variable y, and the formula is already in place, cell z will display 0. But I want the user to be presented with a blank field instead, until such time he/she enters in a variable for cell y. Therefore, I need to know what command will tell cell z to display a figure only if the computation is ...

cursor moves too fast while shading text in columns
When I try to shade a portion of a column in excel or a word table, sometimes the cursor moves so quick to the end of the column that I can't get it to stop where I want the shading to stop. This does not happen in every table or every spreadsheet. Is there a setting somewhere that I'm overlooking?? Thanks for your help!! A better technique is to do a shift-click. Click on the first cell, then scroll down (or over), hold the shift key down, and click the last cell, all cells in between will be shaded "nanimadrina" wrote: > When I try to shade a portion of a colum...

Adding Row an keepin correct SUM
This a reverse of my previous question. I have the following; =1-SUM(F5:F7) 10.00% 9.75% 0.50% If I delete the row with 10% and later wish to add a row after the formula, the formula does not recognize the new row. Is there a way to do this? On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 at 12:09:33, Gianni <gianni@gianni.com> wrote in microsoft.public.excel : >This a reverse of my previous question. > >I have the following; > >=1-SUM(F5:F7) >10.00% >9.75% >0.50% > >If I delete the row with 10% and later >wish to add a row after the formula, >the formula does not recognize...