Rounding Problem #4

I'm performing a golf handicapping sheet and within that sheet I'm using an
average of previous scores such as;
In cell AM33 I have =average(q33,w33,ac33,ai33)-35
This value ends up as 11.5...  My rounding goes up to 12 which is what I
desire but... when I utilize that cell value to subtract 2 other values the
sheet does not round properly..?
Example:

In cell AO33 I insert 48
In cell AP33 I insert =sum(AO33-AM33)

Looking at AM33 as a 12 and looking at AO33 as 48, I expected the result to
be 36 but it shows 37..!

How can I make sure that the rounding carries into the new formula in AP33
to give the correct result..?

Brian

bmo (1)
6/12/2005 3:09:08 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

What formulas are you using to perform the rounding?

Just a thought ... Are you rounding ... OR ... formatting?
--
Regards,

RD

"Brian O'Brien" <bmo@kelcom.igs.net> wrote in message
> I'm performing a golf handicapping sheet and within that sheet I'm using
an
> average of previous scores such as;
> In cell AM33 I have =average(q33,w33,ac33,ai33)-35
> This value ends up as 11.5...  My rounding goes up to 12 which is what I
> desire but... when I utilize that cell value to subtract 2 other values
the
> sheet does not round properly..?
> Example:
>
> In cell AO33 I insert 48
> In cell AP33 I insert =sum(AO33-AM33)
>
> Looking at AM33 as a 12 and looking at AO33 as 48, I expected the result
> be 36 but it shows 37..!
>
> How can I make sure that the rounding carries into the new formula in AP33
> to give the correct result..?
>
> Brian

News==----
Newsgroups
=----

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

ms outlook faxing rendering problems
When I scan a document and send it via ms outlook fax. I get the error message item can not be Rendered any solutions much appreciated A little BASIC information would be helpful first. What version of Outlook/Office/Windows are you using? How are you trying to send the Fax? Are you using the Send To->Fax Printer option? What Fax Program are you using? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding...

Outlook 2002 question #4
Hi. My Outlook 2002 used to show whether I had replied to a message and on what date in a yellow bar across the top part of the preview pane. I can't seem to find out how to get that to show again. Does anyone know how to set this option up? I have looked all around in the menus and such but cannot see where to do this. Thanks Robin Anyone know the answer to this problem? Robin "Robin" <me5@privacy.net> wrote in message news:W8qdnXfkXPysoUPeRVn-rw@comcast.com... > Hi. My Outlook 2002 used to show whether I had replied to a message and > on > what date in...

Problems installing Office 2004
I used a trial version of Office 2004 in my MacBook until it expired. I few days ago I bought I licensed Office 2004 - Student and teacher edition and tried to install it in the MacBook. I deleted the previous version by dragging all Office folder to trash. I inserted the CD but could not install using the installer since it did not appear active, so I copied the whole Office folder to the Applications. After this I tried to open an Office application, but no one opened. I tried to remove Office using the removal tool but that also did not open. Any suggestions of what should I do? ASPer...

HTML spreadsheet problem
Hi, I have created a spreadsheet with Excel and have saved it to a HTML format to be browsed on the web. All works fine but the formatting has not been taken to the HTML version, and I have some fields that have capital letters in the HTML version that are small characters in the Excel format? Not really sure how this is possible? I have the same problem in reverse: internet pages opened in Excel are all fouled up. I think its due to the filters, the components that turn one sort of file into another. Sometimes, updating your filters will work. First, you might want to make sure that you...

CFileDialog drives me insane. Handle Problem ?
Hi, i want to communicate some strange Problems i have with CFileDialog. Hope someone can push in the right direction. 1. Problem: CFileDialog FileDlg(true); INT_PTR nResponse = FileDlg.DoModal(); if (nResponse == IDOK){}else{return;} LPSTR file = FileDlg.GetFileName().GetBuffer(); LPSTR folderPath = FileDlg.GetPathName().GetBuffer(); ULONGLONG fSize = GetFileSizeInByte(fileUrl.GetBuffer()); long GetFileSizeInByte(const char* sFileName) { std::ifstream f; f.open(sFileName, std::ios_base::binary | std::ios_base::in); if (f.eof()) { return 0; } if (!f.good()) { return -1; } ...

OWA logon problem #4
Hello all, here's my problem: Exchange 2003 with SP1 on Win2003 SP1 on a two-node-cluster. If the Clusterresource HTTP-Server restartet (after boot, crash or failover) nobody can logon to OWA because HTTP-Error 500 (Internal Server Error). After an administrator logged on via OWA (yes, he can !) all the other users can use OWA because they can log on now. Any idea ? Regards Ralf ...

Stationery Problem with ImageMaps OL2K / 2K2
Good Evening All, Thanks in advance for your responses. I'm developing a pretty simple stationery for a customer. Basically it's a three row table with images used as headers and footers. The footer image has 7 e-mail addresses on it and I setup a simple inline imagemap to facilitate hyperlinking. All good so far. Note that I developed the page in Notepad, and tested it using Outlook 2000 SR-1. I've sent the e-mail friends and colleagues who also use Outlook, Thunderbird, Eudora, Opera, and others. They everybody was able to utilize the imagemap links... except the custom...

Problem with Outlook e-mail after installing Microsoft Publisher
I have not been able to send e-mails from Outlook after installing Microsoft Publisher. Any suggestions on how to remedy this sotuation? Are you getting an error? Is Outlook working okay through other programs? The Send This Page as Message command is not available when you click Send E-mail on the File menu in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884425 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Techblues" <Techblues@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCCE2A75-8...

Problem with a date and concatenation
I got some data out of one of our in house databases and it comes out as 01/022206, for example..a missing second "/" (we need to FIX that damn databse too) I have thousands of these rows, and I need to do some analyses by date, so I need a correct date. So I was going to use text to columns> fixed width and separate the 01/02 from the 2006, then I would concatenate with (replacing the actual contents with the cell name of course) ="01/02"&"/"&"2006" But when I do the text to columns, I get the 2006 but I I don't get 01/02.. I get a...

MX/DNS problem in Exchange
One of my users (on SBS 2003) has intermittent problems sending mail to a particular user elsewhere. After some research, I found out that the recipient's mail mail servers were moved from one domain hosting provider to a new domain provider, but they left their website (xxx) & domain hosting (.com) with the existing domain provider. So... the recipient's domain, abc.com correctly resolves to an IP address at the old provider, 123.com. I can nslookup or ping abc.com, and it correctly resolves to the old IP address. However, the MX records (as tested externally via a websit...

problems compiling xsd in .Net 2003
Hi, I have an .xsd document (Inc_B.xsd) that "includes" two more from the same folder: <xs:include schemaLocation="Inc.xsd" /> <xs:include schemaLocation="Inc_A.xsd" /> They all have the same targetNamespace="http://tempuri.org/Inc.xsd" xmlns:ir="http://tempuri.org/Inc.xsd" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" When I try to use xsd utility from .Net command prompt to compile Inc_B.xsd - I receive the following error: Could not find file '\Inc_B folder\Inc.xsd'. I need to assign 'Inc_B.xsd'...

Excel 2000
Hi! *First off:* I have created a spreadsheet that has a dynamic range an data validation. *Next:* i know i can add options to the 'dynamic range' and my dro down menu will add the option to its list. *Problem:* How can I make it so the user can add data into th validated data list/drop down menu rather than having the user addin it into the dynamic range? *Example:*this drop down menu indicates how often a system is updated weekly, monthly, etc. etc... i don't want to restrict it, so i want t make it so they can indicate their own time on how often those update occur. TIA -...

problems printing from MS Office Picture Manager
Operating System is Vista. When running MS Office Picture Manager (Office 2007) drop down option pulls up other printers (which work and MS XPS doc writer or install new printer. Install printer works up to and including print test page which prints normally. Like I said it pulls up the other printers and works with everything but MS office picture manager. Is there a way to associate the printer with MSOPM Have you tried right-clicking on any picture and then selecting "open with" method? This would allow you to associate all pictures to open in MSOPM when you cli...

Browser Problems in Windows XP
I am having problems getting Microsoft Explorer to work in installations of Windows XP. In some installations it works just fine and in some it will begin to go to the web site and then the window closes with no error. Has anyone experienced this problem before? I can log in with all the user accounts from any windows 98 computer using the same browser version. Thanks for any help. Eric Davison wrote: > I am having problems getting Microsoft Explorer to work in > installations of Windows XP. In some installations it > works just fine and in some it will begin to go to the ...

Problem with CHKDSK
Hi When I run CHKDSK it gets a pass with /i but it hangs at the reboot with /f and /x and it says "CHKDSK is verifying indexes (Stage 2) 0 percent complete" and I have to reboot. I have a Seagate disk drive. I downloaded and ran Seatools for windows and got a pass on Long Drive Self Test. So I can assume that the disk is OK. The utility is read only it does not do any repair. I tried to do an Avast anti-virus scan but it stops before completing the scan and the computer has to be rebooted. Disk cleanup also freezes the computer Any idea of what I could do...

File Size #4
Using Windows XP and Office 2007 Is there a reason that Publisher files keep growing in size? We have a weekly bulletin with some static information and some information that changes from week to week. On Monday, we open last week's publication, delete the no-longer-relavent text boxes and pictures, and add new text boxes and pictures for the current week. That has been our standard practice. I just noticed that the file size is increasing exponentially which leads me to believe that even though I delete things, there is still some sort of "ghost" material left in the...

Windows Live ID Problems
I have been using Money 2006 for the last 2 years. Since the online updates stopped as of 9/1/08, I was prompted to download a new version. I downloaded and installed MS Money Plus 2008. When I attempt to log in using my Windows Live ID and password I get the following error: "The email address or password is incorrect. Please try again." I never had this problem with the older version. My Windows Live ID and password work fine on this website and when I go to the main passport website. I am using Windows XP Home Edition, and have been for the last 5+ years. I have re-...

SP3 Problem
Ever since I installed SP3 for Office XP, I have been getting the following error - "A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" I get this error only when I use Word as my email editor. Hence what is happening is that Outlook thinks that Word is a rogue program trying to send unauthorized emails. My question is, is there a way to prevent this - a whitelist of programs for example? Ajit Disable the PDFMaker addin. (See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems for details on how to do this.) "Aj...

Problem with KB982526 Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Update for
If I install this update and then reboot my computer freezes right after the boot screen animation... The only way I can get my system back is to boot safe mode and uninstall the update.... Tried this three times, twice thru windows updates, once with the downloaded update files from microsoft I'm running Win7 ultimate x64 HELP! HOW TO Hide an [Optional, non-security] Update... http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/24376-windows-update-hide-restore-hidden-updates.html Tim S wrote: > If I install this update and then reboot my computer freezes right after > the...

Round Function
I am using Excel 2007 and need some helping on a rounding formula. I would like my cell to either round to the nearest whole num or ".5" of the number but it needs to round down. For example: 5.1 would round to 5.0 5.4 would round to 5.0 5.5 would round to 5.5 5.7 would round to 5.5 5.9 would round to 5.5 6.0 would round to 6.0 I am using the Mround function but that rounds up so 5.8 and 5.9 rounds to 6.0 but I need them both to round to 5.5. Any thoughts? Thanks! I think I may have got it: =ROUNDDOWN(A1/0.5,0)*0.5 "duketter" wrote: > ...

Cognitive Advantage LX thermal label printer problems
My thermal label printer prints labels that aren't very dark to begin with and rapidly fade. I tried new label stock, and I've tried cleaning the print head. No luck. A tech from Cognitive walked me through some steps to troubleshoot, but MSRMS uses a "generic label driver" which doesn't have the same darkness controls Cognitive's driver has. Is there any way to get MSRMS to use Cognitive's driver (that doesn't suck)?! Thanks! - Larry OlyBikes 360-753-7525 On Feb 17, 3:50=A0pm, OlyBikes <olybi...@olybikes.com> wrote: > My thermal label print...

Update Problem 06-29-10
Recently, I downloaded & installed updates by going to the Windows Update site -- just like I regularly do, . The update process went fine -- all updates were installed. NOW, however, the program (Acronis) that I regularly use to backup my hard-drive crashes with a BSOD specifying a kernel error. I guess that I will have to UNinstall these updates to be able to run that program. Is there any way I can find out which update is causing the problem so I only have to UNinstall only one of these updates? I use WinXP Pro SP2. Is there an echo in here? => http://groups.google...

Pivot Table Problem #14
Hi All! I am using Excel 2003. I created a report by connecting to a OLAP cube having many Calculated members. When I am trying to group the members of a dimension which is connected to a cube,I am unable to see any of my calculated measure. Can anyone help in this regard..... Thanks in Advance Siv ...

Problems generating reports from a modal dialog
Hi, I have two related problems, when generating reports from a modal dialog box. The dialog box accepts report criteria and then either previews or prints the report depending on a choice made from the main menu. The main menu is used to enter the criteria applicable to all reports that can be generated and I thought I'd use a dialog box to accept the unique criteria applicable to this one report. Still with me? :-) Prob 1. When previewing the report. The report is generated and the dialog box closes ok but I want the focus to switch to the new tab containing the rep...

problem while using excel
hi, exel sheet displaying page number in background in each and every cell of my sheet in background And displaying message first while opening the sheet as "margins doesn't fit can you please help me with this issue?? View > Normal -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200786 While i am using excel, when i try to copy and paste words, the program becomes very sluggish. very laggy and slow. how do i resolve this? You probably have a lot of formulae, go to TOOLS>OPTIONS>CALCULATION and change it to manual, you can then calculate the workbook by pressing F9, take a look ...