Rotating page numbers

I have a document with both page layouts (landscape and portrait)
however the page numbers obviously will be pointing in the direction of the
associated layout
does anyone know how to be consistent in this?
0
Sach (8)
8/4/2006 2:35:02 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Formula yields State, not Numbers!
Why does my formula =OR(O8<>"";H9<>"";1;0) display "TRUE" when cell O8 or H9 is empty? It should yield 0 (Zero). It also displays and "TRUE" when these cells are not empty; it should yield 1... -- Felix The OR returns a Logical. You must enclose it in an IF. =IF(OR(O8<>"";H9<>"");1;0) The assumes that ; is a valid replacement for , -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200755 "Felix" wrote: > Why does my formula =OR(O8<>"";H9<>"";1;0) display "TR...

Changind Default Number Format
The Default/Standard Number Format is Decimal Places (2) and no 100 separator selected. How can these be changed so that the default becomes Decimal Places (0 and 1000 separator selected for all future Excel sessions? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com The default format is set under Format/Style/Normal -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Thank you BrianB. I tried it and it worked.However, it seems that the Format/Style/Norma is restricted to the specific workbook when it is modified. Is it possible to have similar format for all workbooks or is this...

Acces to data base by autonom HTMl page on Access 2007 ?
Hello dear members of the microsoft.public.access newsgroup. I'm a new Access 2007 user and I need your help please. I can get acces to my data base using an autonom HTML form page in Access 2003 . Please, how can I do the same on Access 2007 ? I have neither SharePoint nor Outlook 2007. Thanks Octavio ...

Refresh Page
I have a page (MyMainPage.aspx) containing a button. When this button is clicked; it opens up another page as: window.open ("MyURL.aspx", "My Title", 'toolbar=no, location=no, directories=no, status=yes, menubar=no); MyURL.asp does some processing and then automatically closes itself and returns back to the main page MyMainPage.aspx. What do I need to do so when MyUrL.aspx closed down and returns to MyMainPage.aspx; the page MyMainPage.aspx is refreshed? ...

Customizing home page
Is it possible to customize data display for snippets (such as "Spending by category") that can be placed on the home page? I am talking about customizing what time period and what kind of data is displayed. Zooming in and changing the settings seems to work for some snippets (cash flow forecast, for example), but not for others - it doesnt work for "Spending by category". No matter what I set in details, the snippet on the home page always displays data for the last 30 days. If you know the way to customize it, or know that it is a known problem, please tell me the...

help. rotation shift pattern
Hi all please help. I am trying to rotate a shift pattern of 10 people. all names rotate down the list at the end of every week. How do i set up so when i put a date / week number in it shows me the list of names in the correct order. Please help regards Paul Perhaps one way .. experiment with this set-up .. In a sheet: Names ----------------------- Create a lookup table: Put in A1: Name1, copy down to A10 Enter the names of the 10 people in B1:B10, viz in A1:A10 .. Name1 John Name2 Mary Name3 Gina Name4 Robert Name5 Peter Name6 Sergio Name7 Jimmy Name8 Debra Name9 Dill Name10 Dave ...

Line Item Restrict to Actual Item Numbers
Is it possible for purchasing and for sales to restrict the line item field to only use a valid existing item number in the database? We have a problem in processing that is caused because the system allows them to type in item numbers that do not exist. Configure SOP not to accept non-inventory item and and educate user in POP not to mark Add Item in the options menu when in Purchase Order Entry window. Otherwise write a VBA script to validate Item Code from Item Master and Vendor Item Master. AllenMc, Dencio is correct. In SOP / POP window option ...

Custom Number Format #7
Hi I have a column in Excel that needs to be converted as follows, I think I can do this using "Format" - "Cells" - "Custom Number" but am not sure what to type in so it keeps the first character as text followed by 5 digits (adding a zero to the end) Account number:- A4578 B6789 C6892 E8900 The account numbers need to become 6 digit (zero at the end) but retain the starting letter HELP! Ta Julia If you just want to display the value with an added zero, use Format/Cells/Number/Custom @"0" You can convert the numbers using a helper co...

single item number into multiple bins
Hello, we are trying to use RMS to track inventory for an air-conditioning company with 10 service vehicles, the problem that I am having is for example if I want to show 5 rolls of duct tape per truck, RMS only seems to allow for only on bin location per Item number. As I don’t know of any business that can properly control inventory without the ability to store merchandise in multiple bins there must be a solution, does any one know how to place a single item number into multiple bins? Well, I think that you are going to run into issues because you are trying to use a retail inventor...

Validate and limit new segment numbers during account mainenance
We absolutely need the ability to prevent users from creating new segment Numbers in the segment description master. In version 9, we have the ability to pre-define segment numbersbut we have no way to prevent users from creating new segment numbers during on-the-fly maintenance. We are a government agency with 5 segments in our chart of accounts and we must be able to control the creation of new segment numbers by users. So, in Account Format Setup or Acccount Segment Setup, we need the ability to contro whether segment numbers can be automatically created during account maintenance. ...

Purchase order number reference on edit PO journals
The source document reference on the Journal posted in the General Ledger when editing purchase orders is "EDTPO" which tells me nothing-it should say the PO number to track back to which PO was edited ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://w...

Is it possible to email only one page of an Excel workbook?
I am using a large workbook to create invoices. I would like to be able to email individual invoices, ie. a single sheet of the workbook, but only seem to be able to select the entire workbook. I am using Office 2000 Pro. http://www.rondebruin.nl/ Check out the Sendmail addins -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-) -------------------------------...

When entering data into excel spreadsheet cell, the page just jump
I am trying to add data to an existing worksheet this morning. I can click on the clel, but when I try to enter the data, the worksheet "jumps", am unable to enter any data. What have I done wrong? If you are making entries using the numeric keypad, it sounds like you turned your Num Lock off. Try pressing NUM LOCK (there should be alight that comes on above it when you do) & try again. HTH|:>) "jodj" wrote: > I am trying to add data to an existing worksheet this morning. I can click > on the clel, but when I try to enter the data, the worksheet &qu...

Auto Formatting Custom Number
I'm creating a form where you can enter a credit card number. I set a custom number for the cell and described it as ####-####-####-####. You can enter a 16 digit number just fine, but when you tab away from the cell and the custom number takes place, it changes the last digit to a "0". Has anyone else encountered this? How do I fix it? -- CSBUG ------------------------------------------------------------------------ CSBUG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28846 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid...

Add Case Number
Hi I would like to ask if someone would please assist me with writing a SQL query. I have posted this question before and I have received some assistance with regards to the report that I am trying to create. I just need to add one additional column and unfortunately I am lacking the skills required in order to join the columns. My script is: SELECT activitypointer.activitytypecodename , activitypointer.activityid , activitypointer.regardingobjectidname , activitypointer.owneridname , activitypointer.createdon , activitypointer.subject , a.notetext, activitypointer.scheduleddurationmin...

Publisher splittig page
I would like to know how can I split a page in Publisher. Example: I would like to split page in four equal quarter parts or Example : split top half of page in two quarter and bottom part to look like half page Example : two equal half page Thanks-- Rookie at using publisher I would like to know how can I split a page in Publisher. Example: I would like to split page in four equal quarter parts or If all four quarters are going to be the same select postcard in page setup. Example : split top half of page in two quarter and bottom part to look like half page In Publisher, Arrange, Grid...

page size #2
Please help me with this. I cannot for the life of me get the right margin to be at the 1/2 inch it is set to be. When I print the invoice that I created, it is about an inch wide on the right. I have used the page preview and moved margins and page size around, but to no avail. I am stuck. Thanks in advance, Jeff Hi, Please, no repeat posting on the same day. First, if your data doesn't extend far enough to the right to reach the 1/2 inch margin, it will look like there is a larger margin. A few options - in the spreadsheet widen a few columns of the print area. On th...

Inserting Incremental number
Hi there! I have a table of Assessors [TblAssessors] and a field [RegNo] which is filled in later when trainees have successfully passed. This is later used on a Certificate of Registration. As not all trainees will successfully complete, I'd like to create a macro that will assign an incremental [RegNo] on a button's click event on my data entry form "FrmAssessors". Unfortunately, I have inherited this data and [RegNo] is in the format of "QTA00101","QTA00102", etc. The prefix will always be "QTA" and at this stage we do not envisage eve...

Unique Random Number Generator
I'm looking for a macro that will generate a unique Random number between 1-2000. The random aspect is obviously not the problem, the unique requirement is whats got me stumped. Thanks Tom. What about using RANDBETWEEN function? It is not a macro but it appears to suit your need. RANDBETWEEN(bottom,top) Bottom is the smallest integer RANDBETWEEN will return. Top is the largest integer RANDBETWEEN will return. Example 1 2 3 A B Formula Description (Result) =RANDBETWEEN(1,100) ...

Excel Changing Numbers Automatically
I am using Excel 2003 (fully patched). In ANY spreadsheet I have open, new or old, any number I insert (e.g. 5000), is automatically changed to 5. Any number inputted has its decimal place moved three places to the left in other words. If I use a comma (e.g. 5,000), the number stays as 5,000. I have checked the format of the cells, and it does not matter whether I format it as general, or number, or any combination, it always does this. This started out of the blue. There does not seem to be any running Macros, and Macro security is set to very high (I've tried changing this a...

Port Number Range while binding a socket using winsock
Hi, I am using the winsock library in an ActiveX control and I am creating a UDP client socket. While binding this socket, I want to be assigned a port that is less than 5000. What is the best way to achieve this? I have already thought about generating random numbers(within a range) in a loop and keep trying to bind using these port numbers until it succeeds. I would like to see a more elegant solution, if there is one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. A little code snippet ***************************** m_hUdpSocket = socket(AF_INET,SOCK_DGRAM,0); SOCKADDR_IN udpAddr; udpAddr.sin_fam...

Refresh shape properties for all pages
Hi, I have a drawing I created using the Organization Chart wizard...based on a database which contains all the data and Visio maintains a link between the two. That's all fine and works well, but I would like to know if there is a way to update the ENTIRE drawing all at once instead of page by page. In other words, if a change is made in my database, I want to be able to update all the pages, otherwise, I would have to right-click on each page in my document (I have 20) and pick "Refresh Shape Properties." Is there a way to do this for all pages (perhaps using VBA)? Thanks ...

Forcing Columns to Next Page
I have a huge spreadsheet that I am printing 1 page high by 2 pages wide on 11x17 paper (we have a plotter). I want to force some of the columns to the next page so that they are kept together with the other columns pertaining to that section. Page break seems to be for rows, not columns. Any help would be appreciated. The easiest way that I can see to do this is to go to View-->Page Break Preview. Drag the blue line that indicates the right edge of the page leftward. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com <bratdawg@gilanet.com> wrote in message news:1121207346...

Numbering based on row color
Hi guys, I have a sheet with grouped items based on row color. ie the first 3 rows are colored blue, the next 5 rows are colored yellow, the next 8 are colored blue etc. Only two colors are used. I want to group these items based on numbers and not color. Is there a way to number the first 3 rows (colored blue) with number 1 for example, then number the next 5 rows (colored yellow) with number 2 and so on. Basically I want to give a new number each time the color changes from blue to yellow and vice versa. Any hints guys? Thanks for your time, Anthos Never mind people...got it through ...

Labels-creating different labels on the SAME page
I would like to print a set of labels, however, I do not want each label to be exactly the same as my sheet of address labels are. I would like to number the labels and print a sheet where each of the 30 labels on the sheet has a different number on it. How do I make each label on one sheet different? Use a mail merge. Numbers instead of addressees. :-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "camionneur" <camionneur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8ECA494-24C7-44DE-...