Right column spilling onto 2nd page

I bought a template from a vendor and saved it as a new template with my
version of excel.  The link to that file is:
http://www.utahhousevalues.com/lgfiles.cfm.  The vendor is not able to help
me figure out why the right column is spilling onto a second page.  There
are 49 total pages and about 25 of them spill the right column onto a second
page.  They claim each page is identical and it should not do that.  I'm
using Small Business version of Excel 2000 with XP Professional SP-1

THANKS MUCH
Darrell Catmull
http://www.utahhousevalues.com

0
news3973 (1)
9/15/2003 1:37:23 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Darrell,
If the vendor can't tell you why this is happening you both must
be expecting fixed length data and columns.   Variations in
actual printer fonts distributed with an operating system or with
MS Office for use with specific printers could result in slight
variations.   You can change the margins or use
Fit to width  of 1 page.   Note the fit to height and to width are
two separate entities you do not have to use them both.
    File, Page Setup,  Margins
    File, Page Setup,  Page   -- fit to

You can select the column and change the alignment to
wrap text.     Format, Cells,  Alignment (tab),  wrap text

   on the same panel  you use   "Shrink to Fit"

---
HTH,

"Darrell in Utah" <news@utahhousevalues.com> wrote in message news:OlPu$54eDHA.3616@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> I bought a template from a vendor and saved it as a new template with my
> version of excel.  The link to that file is:
> http://www.utahhousevalues.com/lgfiles.cfm.  The vendor is not able to help
> me figure out why the right column is spilling onto a second page.  There
> are 49 total pages and about 25 of them spill the right column onto a second
> page.  They claim each page is identical and it should not do that.  I'm
> using Small Business version of Excel 2000 with XP Professional SP-1
>
> THANKS MUCH
> Darrell Catmull
> http://www.utahhousevalues.com

0
dmcritchie (2586)

How do i remove "Send As" rights
Hi The PA in our company send mail as the GM (it is suppose to be "Send on Behalf as"). I want to remove this. How do i do this in exch2003. Client is outlook 2003 Can remove this delegation from ADUC -> Find user-> go to the Properties of the user->Exchange General tab->Delivery Option-> their you got an option to set on-behalf permission, here you need to uncheck the checkbox. Regards, Tarun Verma "MSExchange2003Student" wrote: > Hi > > The PA in our company send mail as the GM (it is suppose to be "Send on > Behalf as")....

Openning Grouped Columns in Protected Sheets
We want to put such a protection to the sheet that, the protection will not prevent the user from openning grouped columns. This is possible only through a macro, for example: Sub a() With Sheet1 .EnableOutlining = True .Protect , True, True, True, True End With End Sub This setting does not get saved with the workbook, so it must be reset by running this macro each time the workbook is opened. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

How do I set up a page sized 17 x 11 inches?
I am publishing a newsletter, (8 pages, 2 double sided). Folded size to be 8.5 x 11 inches. Therefore i want to set up my page size to be 2 columns each 8.5 X 11inches Finished document will be 8 pages, 2 sided, 8.5 x 11 in. I am using word 2003, but can switch to Word 2007. Thanks for your help. Jenlyndy@aol.com, You have to set the page size to 11 x 17. If your printer cannot print this size, then that page size will not be available, and you will have to install the driver for a printer that can print that size. From there, use "2 pages per sheet" on the Margin...

Cell can left indent; anything for right side of cell?
Is there a way to leave more space between the end of a word and the right side of the column? I indented the left side of the column by using the indent option set to "1" in the alignment tab of the formatting box. Besides adding an extra column to the end of the row and making it very small in width and extending the border to that extra "spacer" column, is there a way to make this space? My spreadsheet is done and if I have to do this, I'll have tons of work re-writing code. I was going to use Word for the final presentation of the data, but it didn't work ou...

How do you sequentially number a column?
I'm a bit of a n00b here. I'm setting up a spreadsheet in Excel 2002 with the first column dedicated to just a sequence of numbers from 1 to 256 which represent slots in a binder for various CD/DVD's off software that I own. Next to each number I will have the name of the software plus a third column for comments (like license key, etc.). How do I format that first column of just sequential numbers? TIA put 1 in the first cell, 2 in the second cell, select both cells, grab the little square block in the lower right corner of the second block and drag down till you get...

centralizing pictures on a page
is there any way that i can have a picture exactly center on the page. are there settings to center it horizontally, or vertically. i am using publisher XP Easiest way is draw a rectangle the size of the page and arrange the picture vertically & horizontally and delete the rectangle. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm "kish" <kishan.shah@talk21.com> wrote in message news:197701c38821$fea413d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > is there any way that i can have a picture exactly center > on the page. are ther...

dropdown list to a page in worksheet
Hi, I have a list of names in worksheet1 I have a Page for each name in Worksheet2 I need to creat a dropdown list in worksheet2 of names in worksheet1 which will allow me to jump to his specific page. how do i do this? Thanks, Jared Hi, Since you used the term "drop down list," I would like to highlight the following links. However, the purpose is for data entry/validation. I am not surprised if your approach may have to be something very different - a formula/procedure plus hyperlink? I'll let the experts fill in the blank. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistanc...

secondary y-axis for graph "column"
Hi! Chart type XY (scatter) > allows a secondary Y-axis column > does not allow this, or does it? I would like so, how to solve this problem? Thanks in advance! tom Hi, sorry, I understand why (risk of visual overlap) and and was able to create a secondary Y-axis but how to solve this? thanks! tom "tom ossieur" wrote: > Hi! > > Chart type > XY (scatter) > allows a secondary Y-axis > column > does not allow this, or does it? I would like so, how to > solve this problem? > > Thanks in advance! > > tom See htt...

Help with Macro looping thru columns
Below is the macro that I currently use and it works well Starting at column(i) it draws a graph with Y axis of column(i) and X axis of column(1) The macro starts of by declaring the value of i -------------------------------------------- Dim i As Integer i = 2 Do While (Not IsEmpty(ActiveSheet.Cells(2, i))) ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Sheet1").Columns(i), PlotBy:=xlColumns ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).XValues = "=Sheet1!R2C1:R360C1" i = i + 1 Loop -------------------------------------------- I have a different data set now where I am in...

Page breaks #5
Page breaks on worksheet have become locked or frozen. Any one know how to unlock? DC, In the standard toolbar, try going to File -> Page Setup -> Scaling and make changes to the "Adjust to % of normal size" option. I've had luck with this after experiencing the same type of frozen page breaks in the Page Break preview. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "DC" wrote: > Page breaks on worksheet have become locked or frozen. Any one know how to > unlock? ...

Variable Width 100% Stacked Column Chart
Hi, I need to make a variable width 100% stacked column chart (similar t the Column chart with varying width bars from andypope.info but 100 stacked) The x-axis would contain various market segments and the width would b proportional to their size, the y-axis divides each segment up by a attribute. Any ideas? Thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Earl - Stephen Bullen has a Variable Width Column Chart example on his web site (http://bmsltd.co.uk), lo...

associated view columns limited to one entity
CRM4 has a great feature where you can add columns from related entities to a view. Not sure why the associated view was left behind (it is still limited to fields only from the entity the view is for), but it is a disappointment that it does not have this as it is one of the most widely used views. Not sure if there is a significant techincal challange behind this limitation, hopefully this can be addressed in one of the patches or with a workaround. If someone is aware of a way to get to this view configuration it would be much appreciated to hear about it. Thanks, Sergei -------...

Converting to Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003, Am I doing this right?
Hi Everyone! We are currently using Outlook 2000 to pull mail from a POP3 sever located with out ISP. We are going to be using Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003. I'd like Exchange 2003 to receive the mail directly, ie not use a POP3 connector to pull the email. Much to my surprise, the Exchange server is already able to send out email through the Internet! I assume this email is somehow being passed off to our ISPs SMTP server... What more do I need to do to make the situation complete? I believe I need to set up an MX Record with Network Solutions with our Exchange Server's ...

How do I count like items (words) in a column?
This is probably the dumbest question a person can ask about Excel but I'm running out of time and it's making me crazy. I have a column with about 20 different items (words not numbers) and some of the items are listed more than once. All I want to do is create a column that has the total number of each item in the list. For example: Item car car car bike bike bike bike bike Where the cars equal 3 and the bikes equal 5 and these numbers are listed next to the respective item. My goal is to reduce the steps since I have to do calculate about 20 items for about 30 people. Any ...

Page set up #2
I want to use the paper size of A3, but cannot find it in the paper options. Anyone know where I can find it? Check your printer properties and preferences. If the printers you have installed won't handle A3 you won't have it. And you will need to "install" something that will. Even a "PDF" file printer will do. Alan Badgery wrote: > I want to use the paper size of A3, but cannot find it in the paper > options. Anyone know where I can find it? I've just a home use computer, but the intention was to use the work book between and home and work, w...

Moving columns from one sheet to another based on user input
I have a spreadsheet that contains all my data on sheet1. The columns have Years as headings and dollar amounts underneath them. I have a drop down list for the user to pick the year from in cell R2. Whatever year they choose I want the appropriate column to move to sheet 3. Ex. if they choose 2009 I want Column M to move to sheet 3, if they choose 2010 I want column N to move to sheet 3. Any ideas??? try Sub movecoltosamecolinsheet() x = Range("r2") - 1997 Cells(1, x).EntireColumn.Cut Sheets("sheet3").Cells(1, x) End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett...

Go To the next empty cell in Column A
Using Vista and Excel 2007, I will be constructing a mailing list with 10 columns. In the first empty row of column A will be added a new name for the list. With 10 columns it is not possible to view Column A from Column L on screen. With hundreds of names to add to the list, I need a fast way to go to the next empty cell in column A to add the next name.. I am familiar with tables in Access where there is an icon that will take me to the next empty cell in column A. Is there a similar one stroke command to take me to the next empty cell in column A from anywhere in an Excel ...

How do I link a shape on a organ chart to another org chart page
If I have a org chart on one page with three shapes, A B C, and a second page with names in shapes of people reporting to C on page 1. How can I click on Shape C on first page and bring up the second page showing the employees who work under him C -right click shape C -Format > Behavior > Double-Click -Select "Go to page: Page-2" Frank Help <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 9A0D1770-05EE-42D1-ACB3-A0958688AE64@microsoft.com... > If I have a org chart on one page with three shapes, A B C, and a second page > with names in shapes of pe...

sending web pages
My Outlook (2003)does not allow me to send a webpage or the link to a page as it says it is because it may have a potential virus. How do I resolve this? Thank you Copy/paste the link instead. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: David Davidson <ddavidson@adelphia.net> asked: | My Outlook (2003)does not allow me to send a webpage or | the link to a page as it says it is because it may have a | potential virus. How do I resolve this? Thank you ...

How can I line up 2 columns with similar information?
I have 2 columns with names in each and I'd like to line them up next to each other. I think we'll need more information, Kathy. I don't understand what you're trying to do. Can you give exactly what's up? ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Kathy" <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5C0BC96-7E27-4C55-89A3-03513FC0D409@microsoft.com... >I have 2 columns with names in each and I'd like to line them up next to >each > other. Column A has employee number, Column B has the same employee numbers but has addi...

How do i make a poster with 2 pages
Hello all mollyman42million <mollyman42million@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Hello all Do you mean a large poster tiled onto two pages? Or some kind of strange poster with a front and a back? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

right align int fields
I would like to right align integer fields. I would like to do this in a while/for loop in onLoad event, because I have many fields. How can I see in javascript if a field (I do not mean the value of a field) is an integer. Marc ...

How to Copy data from a row to a column
I trying to copy info from sheet 1 to sheet 2, the data in sheet 1 is in a row and I wishes to copy it to a column. I´m trying to use the function drag and + 1 for the entire row. Example Info in Sheet 1 row A1:X1 copy so that the (Sheet 2) column copy (Sheet2)A1=(Sheet1)A1, (Sheet1)B1=(Sheet2)A2, (Sheet1)C1=(Sheet2)A3 -- ongoing... Hi, after copying required/selected data, go to the cell wherever u desire to paste, there u go for an option paste special & select transpose in that box, "Stefan" wrote: > I trying to copy info from sheet 1 to sheet 2, the data i...

One Record Per Page Printing-Access 2007
Report for daily appointments for senior transportation drivers. Report is grouped by Driver. Keep together is selected. Detail band: Keep together-Yes; Force New Page-Before Section; Can Grow-Yes; Can Shrink-Yes Goal: Report generated so each driver has his/her own appointments. Orientation: Landscape, paper size 8.5 x 14, column width: 13.5729"; column height: 0.3069" When previewing in Print Preview one record per page is appearing rather than all appointments for a driver for a given date. I have the bands as narrow as I can make them. I am missing somethi...

How do I make a particular column required in Excel? #2
Our NPO is creating a reimbursement chart in Excel. We're trying to make it so that if employees do not fill in one particular column entitled "Projects," they will get an error or will be unable to have a final sum filled in. Is there any way I can make this particular column required so that if it is not filled in, the chart will not complete properly? Thank you in advance for any advice or help--I'm a bit of a novice to this! ...