reuse unusable urls in a column ith 1 command

Hi all,

Here is another freak question from one of my students:

"I receive a column with URL's where some are clickable and others
aren't. (blue or black)
When I get into a cell with an unclickable url and press F2 and next
Enter the URL becomes clickable again. Taking me to the clicked website.
When I have a column of 5 problematic URL's this is OK but when I have
thousands of rows I get tired.

Is there a way to in one command activate all unclickable URL's?"

My idea is that we ould need a macro to go to all rows and edit and confirm.

I could write the macro code myself, but my students are not into VBA yet.

So my question is:
Is there a shortcut key to enable all URL's in a column?

Greets,

Sybolt
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Sorry,
Not all of the w's have come through.
Sybolt

Hotfix 1.2.0183
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=896347 Hi to all! Today my partner send me the new hotfix of Store Operation.. the 1.2.0183 .. but the hotfix isn't available into support.microsoft.com Anyone know what contain new hotfix? Thank you Antonio Addresses possible problems with Eltron Label printers. Pretty light hotfix! -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "Anto...

keyboard command used to select a range of nonadjacent cells?
does anyone know the keyboard command used to select a range of nonadjacent cells? 1)Use the arrow keys to select the first cell of the range 2)Hold down the [Shift] key while you extend the selection using the up, down, left, right arrow keys. 3)After the range is selected, and while still holding down the [Shift] key, press the [F8] key (they release all keys). You will see the word 'ADD' in the lower right of the status bar. Repeat above steps until done selecting non-contiguous ranges. Does that help? •••••••••• Regards, Ron "Jessizzle123" wrote: > does an...

Column Chart Thickness of Bars
I need to graph the amount of concrete poured against the planned amount for each week over about 60 weeks. When I create a Column Chart in Excel 2007 the bars in the chart are thin lines, I have tried to format the Data Series and remove the gap width but this does not seem to have much effect. I've also tried increasing the thickness of the border however this just looks stupid and makes the data overlap. Is there any way to fix this? Cheers The bars are narrow because you have one value and six blanks per week. Right click the horizontal axis, choose Format Axis, and under Axi...

Paste Cells in Column A to Columns B-K
Hi All, I was wondering if someone can help with writing an Excel Macro or some scripting. What I am trying to achieve is the following. In Column A (A1:A1000) there are values of L0xxxxxx xxxxxx=numbers (i.e L0123456) What I want to be able to do is move the values from column A to Columns B-K (10 Columns) 10 values at a time, upto 100 lines. A B C D E F G H I J K L00001 L00001 L00002 L00003 L00004 .5 .6 .7 .8 .9 L00010 L00002 L00011 L00003 L00004 ..5 ..6 ..7 ..8 ..9 L00010 L00011 Any help would be appreciated. T...

Contouring data from rows and columns
I have created several contour (surface) plots, but cannot enlarge the size of any of these graphs. I would appreciate any suggestions or help. Thanks, Mangat Mangat - Sometimes when you adjust the 3D view of a chart like this, Excel shrinks it. What it does, really, is shrink the plot area. If you click right near the walls of the chart, not on an axis but well within the outline of the chart object, you will activate the plot area, and it will be surrounded by a thick gray rectangle. You can resize this rectangle. Sometimes it isn't possible to make it exactly the way you w...

How do you set up a repeating column in Outlook?
I have three sheets in one workbook, and I want to make changes to one column in sheet one, but I want the changes to apply to the other sheets when I make that one edit. You can group the sheets. Select the first sheet ctrl-click on the subsequent tabs Make your changes. rightclick on one of those grouped worksheet tabs and select "Ungroup Sheets" (Everything you do to one, you'll be doing to all in the group--so be careful!) KellyGrace wrote: > > I have three sheets in one workbook, and I want to make changes to one column > in sheet one, but I want the change...

Last value in column before blank
Hi, My data in one column A:A - Where V100 &V101 are product codes, dates run down the column and Blank is a blank cell befor each new product code. V100 1-Sep-09 2-Sep-09 Blank V101 1-Oct-09 5-Oct-09 10-Oct-09 Blank Question is how do i return the date value for the last entry (eg before the blank) for each product code I want to find. Note also the last date entry is always the max value date. Eg V100 = 2-Sep and V101 =10-Oct. Thks Craig One formulas play ... Assume your source data running in A2 down Put these in B2:D2 In B2: =IF(LEFT(A2)="V",A2,IF(A2=&...

Title Field
Is it possible to change the column type of the 'Title' field in my SharePoint list for example, to a 'Choice' field? I don't really need a 'Title' field, but of course I need to have the 'Edit menu' option on one of the fields, and I don't want it to be a 'single line of text'. Any help would be appreciated. -- Thanks, Rob E. I wouldn't recommend messing with the title column. It's a system column and it's better to be left alone. What you can do however: 1) Hide the Title column See: http://ferraradata.co...

Concatenate text from columns
How can I concatenate text in colB? ColA has 2 markers C and * Whenever C is followed by * I need to unite the text fields in ColB So, for the data below I want ColA ColB C Text1 Text1a C Text2 Text2a Text2b Text2c ColA ColB C Text1 * Text1a cont'd C Text2 * Text2a cont'd * Text2b cont'd * Text2c cont'd C Text3 Hope this makes sense! Thbe easy method is to use a fromula in the worksheet. Something like this in cell C1 =if(A2="*",B1&B2,"") Then copy formula down column C Next Copy colum...

How do you combine two columns to one? Help!!!!!!
I have address numbers in column A and street names in column B, I want to combine all of both columns into one without going through the whole process for each individual cells. HELP!!!!!! "sttrumpet" <sttrumpet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F72E43CE-CA99-4CD0-BCA1-85EFADCB459D@microsoft.com... > I have address numbers in column A and street names in column B, I want to > combine all of both columns into one without going through the whole process > for each individual cells. HELP!!!!!! Use the fuction =A1&B1 in cell B1 Drag the function ...

Unable to Relay 550 5.7.1 for replies only!
W2K3 Server and E2K3 Ent. server Fresh installs. Recipient policies for our Internet domains with the appropriate ISA settings. All email leaves our domain with no SMTP issues to anywhere outside. Internal email works. Outlook 2003 configured to use E2K3 as default. When replying to an externally received email: Throws Event 7010: MSExchangeTransport (Logging is on) This is an SMTP protocol log for virtual server ID 1, connection #9. The client at "10.0.10.100" sent a "rcpt" command, and the SMTP server responded with "550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for info@outsidedom...

telnet to exchange server not available from FW-1 (nokia box)
Here's the scenario; have a win2k server, exch 5.5, sp4... trying to get checkpoint fw-1 (nokia box) to do mail alerts, but times out, when we try to telnet from fw-1 to exchange box, denies it... but any windows box can? where and what can i check to fix this? any help, please.... AL By denies it, are you saying the Exch box rejects your connection or just times out? ip restrictions on the IMS? Check the fw logs as well and make sure Checkpoint is allowing port 25 out from itself to your exch box. On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 17:43:15 -0500, FOAD <ascs_99@yahoo.com> wrote: >...

Can accumulated totals be added to a calculated column in a pivot table?
Let me explain it.. I have a worksheet with data about planned and real values of investment. The data is shown with several columns that describe some properties of the target market. By example Date | Country | Market | Product | Planned Invesment | Real Investment I need to make a Pivot Table that summarize this data and shows the accumulated difference between planned and real investment, and the chance of showing it using any of the dimensions listed above. By Example Date | Country | Planned | Real | Difference | Accumulated Diff. 01/2006 | USA ...

compiler mistakenly matches my swap command ...
Hi, I have a swap statement below that cannot pass the compilation stage. The compiler matches it against the vector's swap command. But my intention is to use the general template function swap, which accepts any class. Do you know how to instruct the compiler for my intention. Your help is appreciated. using namespace std; CMyClass *p1, *p2; ..... swap<CMyClass*>(p1, p2); JD ps. What the compile "thinks" I want to use is shown below: template<class _Ty, class _Alloc> inline void swap(vector<_Ty, _Alloc>& _Left, vector<_Ty, _Alloc>& _...

Moving between multiple columns quickly
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I am trying to move across a spreadsheet from one end (column z) back to column A or last cell with data in it without having to tab all the way. on my pc I would use &quot;end&quot; and an arrow key but my mac keyboard does not have an &quot;end&quot; key. How do I do this? You can use Command + arrow key on the mac. ...

Command line style switch for MFC GUI app?
I have inherited a large MFC app. I want to add an option to dump the log, which currently goes to a console window, to a file. The code to do this is written and works fine. However, it is important that the option to do so is not presented to a standard user (the app is already in use and changes to the interface are to be avoided if possible - the end users are very time-constrained in their actions, reacting to events in real-time, and adding buttons etc. just confuses them!) . As such, I'd like it to be triggered by the command calling the application. In essence, some kind of...

Transfering data from CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0
Hi, I have a 1.2 CRM installation in a server in which I wasn't able to perform an upgrade to CRM 3.0. I made a new installation in a new server with CRM 3.0. Now I need to transfer the data from my old server to the new one. In short: Server1-CRM1.2 -- move data to --> Server2-CRM3.0 ¿Can somebody tell me how to do this? Thanks in advance -- Marcos Bertoldi ...

Is there a command line "switch" To close Excel
I am looking for a command line "switch" to exit Excel and/or a batch file that can be run at a certain time that would look for an open instance of Excel and close it. -- Thanks, Randy You could create a .VBS file that looked like: dim myXL On Error Resume Next Set myXL = GetObject(, "Excel.Application") If Err.Number = 429 Then msgbox "Excel is not running" else myxl.quit end If On Error GoTo 0 Set myxl = nothing But if you have a workbook that's been changed and not saved, excel will wait for you to answer the "do you want to save your...

Exclude a column from data import
Hi there, I am using Excel 2003 and am importing live data into a sheet. Everytime the page loads the current data is pulled in from an SQL 2000 view. The person who wants to use this spreadsheet wants to put an extra column in the middle of the data. I have created a null column in the view so that it is blank, but when you insert something into the column and and refresh occurs, the column quite rightly gets overwritten with null. Is there a way to remove the data from just one column? I understand (I think) that if the order changes, or if a row is deleted from the table, the manual...

Find Command
If I do a "find" (Ctrl-F), I wish to find the value 1500 but the cell that contains 1500 contains the formula A1*B1 and A1=750 and B1=2. How can I find 1500? And if the cell contains 1500 but is formatted as 1,500, how do I still find the 1500? Thanks. In the dialogue box that opens when you select Ctrl-F select options and change the look in box to values -- Russell Dawson Excel Student Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful. "Mike H." wrote: > If I do a "find" (Ctrl-F), I wish to find the value 1500 but the cell that ...

Money 2006 Exit without Command
I am running Money 2006. Today as I was entering transactions, it exited without command. No message like a normal shutdown. When I tried starting it again, it would come up with most of the opening screen but would suddenly disappear without a trace. I am running XP with all the latest updates. I rebooted and tried again with the same result. Any suggestions? Regards Robert Additional things that I have tried since posting my first message: 1. Downloaded date file repair tool and ran it against my data file - no change in operation. 2. Disabled Norton Antivirus - no change i...

Multiply columns and sum row?
OK I have a list of items starting in A1 down to A?, I have the associate costs of those items in Column B1 down to B?, and the quantity of thos items ordered starting in C1 down to C?. What I need is a formula tha will tell me the total cost of what that client ordered +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: sum 3.bmp |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4315 +------------------------------------------------------------------- -- jt7 ------------------------------------------...

formula looking for an either/or solution in same column
I have a spreadsheet with one column showing pay grade - O3, O4, W2, W3..... I have a formula which selects anything starting with O, but I need the formula to also look for either O or W and count both of them together. any help? The current formula is: =countifs(I2:I120,"=ASAE",B2:B120,"=O?",L2:L120"<1/1/2050") One way... =SUM(COUNTIFS(A2:A10,"ASAE",B2:B10,{"O*","W*"},C2:C10,"<"&DATE(2050,1,1))) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "J. Hunter" <JHunter@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

sorting columns from different spreadsheets in same workbook
Here is my situation. I have 7 spreadsheets in 1 workbook. Each of the first 6 spreadsheets are set up in the same format. In the first 6 spreadsheets column a represents a name and there are a list of names from a:1 down to a:50 or so. then in columns B-F there is data in them. Column H is a formula that totals all the data and leaves a result. Again this is consistent with the first 6 sheets. What I want to do is on sheet 7 have a formula or Macro that looks at the first 6 sheets and finds the top 5 highest totals from column H and puts the results on sheet #7. The kicker is that I ...

archive mailbox trough command line?
Hello, Is there a way to make the Outlook archives the mailbox via command line? I have a few hard-to- handle users who are not willing to do the archiving, now their mailbox size is more than 1.5 GB each :( I can't set the storage limit on their account, and they are not allowing the tech support to do the archiving for them. Meanwhile, the database is growing.. so I am wondering if I can force their Outlook to archive the mailboxes via command line or a script that can be assigned via login script on GPO. Thanks in advance. On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 00:50:02 +0400, dev8008 <dev8008-i...