Return to Column A #2

There was a post almost a month ago on this subject.  The question posed was
a good one though the answers returned didn't really answer the need.

It's easy to move to the right on enter but how do you move to the next row
and first column if you are at the end of the first row.  Yes one can hit
down arrow/home or Home/down arrow but this is a little annoying.  If a sheet
is protected and cells are locked, isn't there an easier way to do this more
elegantly?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts,

0
Greg7423 (349)
4/20/2006 5:52:02 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Greg

Say you start with A1 selected.  Type something in A1 and hit the Tab key to go
to B1.

Type and Tab your way across to H1.  When leaving H1 hit the <ENTER> key and you
will go back to A2

Rule is.........you will go back to the original column in which you started and
down 1 row.

Alternate methods of defining cell order can be found at Bob Phillips' site.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 10:52:02 -0700, Greg <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>There was a post almost a month ago on this subject.  The question posed was
>a good one though the answers returned didn't really answer the need.
>
>It's easy to move to the right on enter but how do you move to the next row
>and first column if you are at the end of the first row.  Yes one can hit
>down arrow/home or Home/down arrow but this is a little annoying.  If a sheet
>is protected and cells are locked, isn't there an easier way to do this more
>elegantly?
>
>Thanks in advance for your thoughts,

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
0
Gord

Problems with creating a newsletter

Meeting updates #2

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

printing 2 charts on single page

update column

Carriage Returns
Hi All, I'm rather new to XML/HTML work & have run into a problem that has me stymied. Basically, my C# code receives a large text string that may contain "\r\n" in 1 or more places. I need to write this string out to be the value of a particular element tag in an XML file that will later be transformed into HTML using an XSL file. That's the easy part. That problem is that I need to have the "\r\n" seqeunces show up as line feeds in the final HTML so the final HTML shows separate lines of text - just like the original string intended. Can someone explai...

Offline folder problems #2

Global Column Row Preview Font Size

IsOutLookClient() returns wrong value

Vlookup returns "0"