Restart numbering ater a set number of rows

I have an excel spreadsheet with 4 columns.

the first two columns contains numbers which will never change
the third column starts off with 0 (zero) and is repeated for 255 rows
then on the 256 row it needs to change to 1 (so basically increment by
1 every 255 rows)  the fourth column starts at 0 (zero) and counts up
to 255 but then needs to reset it self back to 0 on the 256 row.

Help Please!!!!!:confused:

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

One way:

I'm assuming you want column C to cycle in blocks of 256 - 0 to 255
- like column D does, not 255:

C1:     =INT((ROW()-1)/256)
D1:     =MOD(ROW()-1,256)

Copy C1:D1 down as far as necessary. If desired, you can then copy
the columns and paste special, selecting the Values radio button, to
remove the formulae.

In article <Kleaves.uxpum@excelforum-nospam.com>,
 Kleaves <Kleaves.uxpum@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote:

> I have an excel spreadsheet with 4 columns.
>
> the first two columns contains numbers which will never change
> the third column starts off with 0 (zero) and is repeated for 255 rows
> then on the 256 row it needs to change to 1 (so basically increment by
> 1 every 255 rows)  the fourth column starts at 0 (zero) and counts up
> to 255 but then needs to reset it self back to 0 on the 256 row.
>
> Help Please!!!!!:confused:
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

How do I make numbers become text?
I am trying to create a spreadsheet where numbers entered in one location become text in another. I tried the Help option, but I am still lost. Please help, and thank you. From earlier postings: How to Convert a Numeric Value into English Words http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN- US;140704& and: (courtesy of a cut and paste from a Tom Ogilvy post): If you want an addin that provides a worksheet function that does this, download Laurent Longre's free morefunc.xll addin found here: http://longre.free.fr/english/ It is downloaded in a zip file which also conta...

Excel
Is there a way to change an imported number such as: 7042626598 and display it as a phone number like: (704) 262-6598 ? Thank you, Be -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Ben, Yes you can format the cells containing the 10 digit number to a phone number. Highlight all the required cell and on the Main menu choose Format/Cells/Number/Special/Phone Number Charlie O'Neill >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to change an imported number such as: > >7042626598 and display it as a phone number like: > >(704) 262-6598 > >? > > >...

Adding new rows
I have a spreadsheet with 100 rows in, I need to add a row after each current row, is there a quick way to do this or have i got to insert each new row individually? -- Paul Sheppard ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24783 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=390760 I assume you want to add an empty new row in between the existing rows. One way would be with an extra column Save as "trial" first.......just in case thi...

First row in Selection range (first index of a cell)
Hello, I have a problem with selecting first cel in selection Range or return an index of the first cell in Selection Cell. I have something like this: .................... Range1.Select "and here I want to Select the first range in selection Range1" ............. I there any special function of finding first cell in selection range or returning an index of the first cell?? Thanks for answet Marcin Maybe range1(1).select or range1.cells(1).select or range1.cells(1,1).select mar_male@wp.pl wrote: > > Hello, > I have a problem with selecting first cel in selection...

How to set a icons instead of a menu text?
Hello, I'm not quiet sure this can be done , but i would like for some reasons to set icons to describe my menus. Can this be done and how? Many thanks Breadl, It is possible to owner-draw menus, youmight want to check here: http://www.codeproject.com/menu/ and here: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/menu/ for samples. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "Bredal Jensen" <Bredal.Jensen@mimosa.com> a �crit dans le message de news:%23hH2cnyxEHA.2540@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > > Hello, > I'm not quiet sure this can be done , but i would like for so...

Item level revision numbers on POs
The Item Engineering info on inventory items in manufacturing includes revision numbers for items, however because that info is in the manufacturing dictionary we can't include through report writer on POs. I'd like to develop a routine that would copy the revision number from the item engineering table to one of the user-defined tables in inventory. Any suggestions on how to do that? Or an alternate approach to the problem? -- Jim@TurboChef Jim- This script will put the current Rev level from Item Engineering into User Category 1 on the item master. update iv00101 set usca...

Conver Numbers to Log 10
How do I convert column of numbers (n=3000) to log 10 column of numbers? Assuming that your column is column A, one way: In an unused column, enter =LOG(A1) and copy down 3000 cells. Copy the column, choose column A and choose Edit/Paste Special, selecting the Values radio button. In article <0CDE6301-FC9C-488C-9D9F-3AD26B46EFCE@microsoft.com>, "Fishfan" <Fishfan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I convert column of numbers (n=3000) to log 10 column of numbers? ...

error numbers
Does anyone know if microsoft has a way to look up errors and their resolution by ERROR NUMBER? I have never found anything like that. Now they have something called "Events and Errors Message Center" but even that doesn't appear to let one look up errors by error number! Thanks Hi, Fredrated schrieb: > Does anyone know if microsoft has a way to look up errors and their > resolution by ERROR NUMBER? > > I have never found anything like that. Now they have something called > "Events and Errors Message Center" but even that doesn't appear to...

Delete 3 end row
Hi I want to delete three end row of any sheet. any sheet has different row number. Thank's for any help. your's Hi, This will clear the last 3 rows of the active sheet. Note I the on error line is to cope when there are less than 3 rows on the sheet Sub del_Last_3() Dim LastRow As Long On Error Resume Next LastRow = ActiveSheet.Cells.Find(What:="*", _ SearchDirection:=xlPrevious, _ SearchOrder:=xlRows).Row ActiveSheet.Rows(LastRow - 2 & ":" & LastRow).ClearContents End Sub -- Mike Whe...

What is the maximum number of users that can share Excel File?
According to the Excel Help file, all users on your network, unless you restrict the number. "pfine" wrote: > ...

Prinding each row of Excel sheet on a seperate page dispallying one record on each pa
From a spread sheet ,I need to print out a row on each page seperately that is printout each record on the row on one page seperately. Can any one please advise how it can be done ? Fro example Row 1 Data 11 Data 12 Data 13 Row 2 Data 21 Data 22 Data 23 Row 3 Data 31 Data 32 Data 33 I would want to print out Data 11 and Data 22 on one page then Data 21 and Data 22 on the second page and data 31 and Data 33 on the third page Pleae advise if and hwo this is possible. Thank you Sanjeev --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Sorry ...

Setting up OWA with Windows Certificate
Hi everyone, I need to configure my OWA to make use of a certificate generated by a Windows 2003 server for an Exchnage 2003 server. I know how to do this using third party (Verisign) certs but I need to find a free solution. If you could point me to the correct documentation it would be very much appreciated. Many thanks, Jose One of your options would be to use your own Certificate Authority. You can install this from the Win2k3 Server CD. With that you can generate your own certificate just like verisign. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers...

lookup row number
Hi, can you tell me how to lookup the row number of a name in a list. EG say I have a list of names as below: Andrew Mike Steve Ian Paul I would normally just add a column with the row numbers and then lookup the row number in the second column but is it possible to do without adding the extra column by using the row formula someohow? Thanks Hi Michael Try the below.. =MATCH("Mike",A:A,0) -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Michael" wrote: > Hi, > can you tell me how to lookup the row number of a name in a list. > > EG say I hav...

Macro to open print window and set to print entire workbook
I need help getitng a macro created to open the print window, then se it to 'print the entire workbook'. Then the macro would stop. At whic the user would then specify additional specs for printing. I.E. # o pages, paper size etc. I am trying to default the 'print entire work book option' withou restricting the user from other print specs. I have a macro that will print once a button is clicked on th spreadsheet but it goes directly to print and does not let the user se other specs. I.E. # of pages, etc. Thanks in advanc -- retseor ---------------------------------------...

Maximum number of bits
I have a requirement to find the maximum number of consecutive zeros in a row in a 32 bit binary number. For example 1111 1111 1111 1000 1111 1111 0000 1111 = 4 1111 1110 1111 1110 1111 1111 1110 1111 = 1 I am actually storing the number in a BIGINT for simplicity. I can do this in a udf with a look fairly easily but was wondering if there is something more sql that will do the job. Cheers, Michael That's an interesting question. Does it include leading zeroes? 0000 0000 0111 1000 1111 1111 0000 1111 = 9? -- Thanks Michael Coles SQL Server MVP ...

can one cell contain more than one independent number
A cell can contain several numbers, separated by space characters or line breaks (Alt+Enter). However, if you want to perform calculations on the numbers, it's best to keep them in separate cells. John K wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html there's also the option a using matrix formula (list of data) for example you may enter ={1;2;3} in a single cell or selection 'and validate wih CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER but the manipulation of this kinda of formula need to read more about it... ...

how can I set a scale drawing in visio?
I need to use visio to set up scaled furniture drawings ... file => page setup => drawing scale al "Zvensk" <Zvensk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2CA340AB-58F7-45D1-83EB-369CC5F441B1@microsoft.com... >I need to use visio to set up scaled furniture drawings ... ...

how can i set the outlook express when receive email, the will be stored as a group (like as the newsgroup)
Thanks. Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Win asked: | Thanks. ...

finding common numbers in large lists
Hello, I have two large lists of numbers (on two seperate worksheets). By large, I mean that one list is 1000+ numbers, and the second list is 3000+ numbers (each number is in its own cell). The numbers are of the form: xxxx.xxx (that is, they are precise up to three places after the decimal) 1) Is there some quick way that I can find the numbers that are common to both lists? 2) Is there a way I can find the numbers in common to both lists using only the whole number portion (diregarding what comes after the decimal of each number)? Thanks! Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplic...

System/Organisation Settings and Email tracking Settings
my platform: Windows 2003 sp1,SQL 2005 & SQL reporting services,CRM 3.0. exchange is installed on a seperate domain controller. two weeks now into deployment and have managed to overcome most of the installation issues however I have noticed the following BUG: If i try to disable email tracking,or modify any properties within the email tracking settings window,the mail router will fail. 3 times now this has happened. the only way to fix it is to re-install CRM and do not touch the tracking options. ...

creating a multilevel numbering sysem
I'm trying to create a multileve numbering system ex: 100, 100.1, 100.1.1, 100.2, 200, 200.1, 2001.1, 200.2, and so on. I would like to have at least 3-4 tiers under each number that would automatically number. And you want this in Publisher? I don't think so... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "v" <v@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C1F59342-9F2F-4E91-BE27-0BA992EB17BE@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to create a multileve numbering system > ex: 100, 100.1, 100.1.1, ...

extracting numbers from a text field and applying formula
here's my question... i have a cell that has a text field of this type: '9-19' (a-b) I want to create a formula that will subtract 19-9 (b-a) and return the result as a number// can anyone help?! is this even doable? I'd really appreciate it! PS also, i'm very fairly new at excel so a detailed response with th formula would really help! ALe ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try: =MID(A1,FIND("-",A1)+1,99)-LEFT(A1,FIND("...

Imported Numbers not recognized as numbers
Hi there -- I've seen this problem posted a lot before, however haven't yet seen a solution posted that works for my situation. This applies to Office XP... So I copy a column of data (numbers) from a website and paste it int Excel, but the numbers are not recognized as numeric values (can't su them, etc.) I have tried all of the "easy" solutions -- changing their format t general or number, copying a 1 from another cell in a clean workboo and using the paste special/multiply (or a 0 and paste special/add function...I've tried the text to columns thing -- basicall...

Auto copy and insert a defined number of rows as defined in a cell
Hi I don't know much about VBA but could probably work something out. I need to produce carton labels from a spreadsheet using Word to mail merge and the labels need to include 1 of 10, 2 of 10 on them. The number of labels required is dependant on a number which is included for each row of data in the spreadsheet. What I am doing at the moment is copying each row and insert pasting the additional number of rows required. In the new rows I then add 1 of 10 in the first row, 2 of 10 in the second row etc. etc. This then enables me to perform the mailmerge. I have around 300...

Can I wrap rows of print?
I have twelve columns I must print out in a report and don't want to print on two pages. Can I "wrap" the columns from the second page when printing so they print beneath the corresponding information from the first page? For example: Name Address City State Zip Code Cost Project Date Name Address City State Zip Code Cost Project Date Storm, Not directly. Excel prints sheets pretty much as-is, with the acoutrements available in File - Page Setup. What you could do is make a mirror sheet in the layout you want, using links to the original. Then print that...