resizing a worksheet in excel 2007

The worksheet is 50% of its original size and I don't see the drag in
arrow to resize/expand it. I know sometimes the worksheets are protected
that way, but I feel this one does not have a password protection.  I
went to Home Tab, Format Option, Protect Option where I have a choice of
entering a password and restricting what can be done on it.  The
worksheet was created using Excel 2003 as a .xls file and I am using
Excel 2007 to resize it.

1. Am I guessing correctly it does not have password protection?

2. If there is no password protection, how can i resize it?

Thanks
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Sounds like the workbook protection is enabled.

Review>Protect Workbook.  Remove protection.

Gord Dibben     MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 12:50:33 -0400, g <g_1@g.com> wrote:

>The worksheet is 50% of its original size and I don't see the drag in
>arrow to resize/expand it. I know sometimes the worksheets are protected
>that way, but I feel this one does not have a password protection.  I
>went to Home Tab, Format Option, Protect Option where I have a choice of
>entering a password and restricting what can be done on it.  The
>worksheet was created using Excel 2003 as a .xls file and I am using
>Excel 2007 to resize it.
>
>1. Am I guessing correctly it does not have password protection?
>
>2. If there is no password protection, how can i resize it?
>
>Thanks
0
gorddibb (17)
6/22/2010 6:55:05 PM
On 6/22/2010 2:55 PM, Gord Dibben wrote:
> Sounds like the workbook protection is enabled.
>
> Review>Protect Workbook.  Remove protection.
>

> Gord Dibben     MS Excel MVP

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, it is password protected. When I went to Review>Protect Workbook
to Remove protection I was asked for it.

I thought it was some other feature which was preventing the resizing.