remove shading when printing

I have a form in excel that has the unlocked cells (the ones to be filled
out) shaded so they stand out to the user.  (FWIW, the form is an
application for services)

When this form prints, I would like it to print simply with no highlighted
cells showing.  I want the text the user entered to show, but the background
to not show.

Secondly, I have a combo box in the upper left corner of the form called
"choose office".  The user selects the office, and based on the updates, the
Address and phone/fax fields are filled in on the bottom of the form.  I do
not want this combo box to be viewed on the printed form.

What is the best way to go about achieving my goals on this form?

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You can use conditional formatting to change the cell colour when you're
ready to print. There's an example here that hides text, and you could
adapt it to remove the fill colour:

   http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat03.html#Print

If the combo box is from the Forms toolbar:
Right-click on the combo box, and choose Format Control
On the Properties tab, remove the check mark from Print object.
Click OK

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

0
dsd1 (5911)
7/21/2006 3:39:25 AM
LFM

To print without showing the shaded cells, on the sheet go to Print set up
and go to the Sheet tab and check the Print Black and white box

"LFM" <nothankyou@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>I have a form in excel that has the unlocked cells (the ones to be filled
>out) shaded so they stand out to the user.  (FWIW, the form is an
>application for services)
>
> When this form prints, I would like it to print simply with no highlighted
> cells showing.  I want the text the user entered to show, but the
> background to not show.
>
> Secondly, I have a combo box in the upper left corner of the form called
> "choose office".  The user selects the office, and based on the updates,
> the Address and phone/fax fields are filled in on the bottom of the form.
> I do not want this combo box to be viewed on the printed form.
>
> What is the best way to go about achieving my goals on this form?

0
ladylayla (100)
7/21/2006 5:30:45 PM
.... and to avoid printing the combo box, you can do  Format
control...\Properties and uncheck Print object.

Best rgds
Chris Lav

"Gail" <ladylayla@gmail.com> wrote in message
> LFM
>
> To print without showing the shaded cells, on the sheet go to Print set up
> and go to the Sheet tab and check the Print Black and white box
>

> "LFM" <nothankyou@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>I have a form in excel that has the unlocked cells (the ones to be filled
>>out) shaded so they stand out to the user.  (FWIW, the form is an
>>application for services)
>>
>> When this form prints, I would like it to print simply with no
>> highlighted cells showing.  I want the text the user entered to show, but
>> the background to not show.
>>
>> Secondly, I have a combo box in the upper left corner of the form called
>> "choose office".  The user selects the office, and based on the updates,
>> the Address and phone/fax fields are filled in on the bottom of the form.
>> I do not want this combo box to be viewed on the printed form.
>>
>> What is the best way to go about achieving my goals on this form?

Can't set the page size as large as the printer will print!
Hi, We use publisher 2002 at the office to make some large montages using our HP750C. In other programs, we can set the page size to 34" by 60" and print large displays, but in Publisher, if we set the page size to larger than the "standard" large page size of 34 by 44, then it will make the display area that big, but the white page underneath is still 34 by 44. Is there a size limit to publisher? Or, do you think it something in the printer setup under Publisher? We are stumped. We can print larger displays from Canvas and a Oilfield Seismic mapping program, but not P...

removing blank records
I created a database to print receipts and copy info from excel. Every time i import new info, i get several blank records before the new info appears. The receipts are to be in order by receipt #. How can I remove the blanks without removing those receipt #'s??? Access 2007 You could run a Delete query: DELETE FROM MyTable WHERE SomeField IS NULL -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "melhale" <melhale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6A44194-DFD6-42E4-BB2D-4A31F60D696D@mic...

Remove Completed Contracts/Projects
Is there any way to remove Completed Contracts/Projects in Great Plains 7.5 Project Series? I am trying to reuse old project numbers and Great Plains is not letting me even though they may be associated with another Customer. The old Great Plains for DOS did this; there must be a way for the Windows version to do this. If not I can see this database becomming a bloated mess in a few years. Thank You for any help. ...

Publisher 03 & successfully printing publication
I have tried everything to set my publication so that it will print to the edge of the page with no success. Now I'd just like it to print the entire page - it is leaving a white space - approximately 1/2 inch - at the bottom of each page. Somewhere along the way I've changed enough to create the problem I now have. I've tried the following to correct the problem: change printing preferences, calibrate printer, change margins in the Publisher document, tried bordorless printing, change the master page eliminating heading and footers...nothing has worked. Hi Georgia (Geo...

Printing the contents of a CDialog
I have an app that displays a CDialog with some text and a graph. I want to print the dialog. Is there an easy way to do this? ...

how to display single database records into forms for printing
I have info stored in a csv format, viewable by excel. I want to take each individual record of that database and put it into a form suitable for printing. And then print each record. I will also need to do this on a regular basis, using data in the same format, but with different numbers of records in each database. Is there an easy way to do this? It's called Mail Merge: http://www.officearticles.com/word/mail_merge_letters_in_microsoft_word.htm ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "need help" <need help@discussions.micros...

Problems with Printing Y-Values
I need to print several linear graphs with y-values that run to 3 decimal places (ex. 4.630). When I add a y-axis title, the values print like this: 4. . 6 with the 6 actually falling ON the y-axis. However, once I omit the y-axis title, the y-values print perfectly. What is wrong and how do I fix it?! I need an axis title as well as y- values! Thanks. ...

removing unneeded information
In cell AF4 iI have the following formula; =SUM(C4,G4,K4,O4,S4,W4,AA4) with no data in those cells, cell AF4 shows 0.00. how do I get the cell blank if the value is 0.00? Hi =IF(SUM(C4,G4,K4,O4,S4,W4,AA4)<>0,SUM(C4,G4,K4,O4,S4,W4,AA4),"") Hopes this helps /Per "Cal" <Cal@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelelsen news:BB5DC8A0-0892-4880-A239-EC6A852C74AB@microsoft.com... > In cell AF4 iI have the following formula; =SUM(C4,G4,K4,O4,S4,W4,AA4) > with > no data in those cells, cell AF4 shows 0.00. how do I get the cell blank > if > the ...

how to install the two sided print module for publisher
i want to print on both sides of an A4 page and want my printer to automatically turn it over. So that I do not have to re-insert the paper back into the printer. I am trying to create a tent style invitation thank you The 2 sided printer function is a PRINTER function not a Publisher function. If your printer does not have it then you are out of luck. John G. "stormrider" <stormrider@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C74F4C14-942F-4A1F-B021-CA6A07E3AFAF@microsoft.com... >i want to print on both sides of an A4 page and want my printer to > automatica...

Printing a selected part of worksheet
I know it's possible to highlight a portion of a worksheet and print just that part. That works fine, but I have a super big spreadsheet that has to be broken into several pieces before I can print it. I'd like to make the process more efficient by assigning names to various portions of the spreadsheet. Then, when I would want to print, I could simply tell Excel to print those predesignated portions. But how do I do that? Any help is much appreciated. Hi see: http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#non-contiguous -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany MB wrote: > I ...

Printing reports 05-14-04
H When I try to print a customize report, I have this error message Crystal Report Viewer Information is needed before this report can be processed. [On Cache/Page Server: <server_name>.pageserver] But in the computer where I have created these reports, when I try to print these reports, it asks me "User ID" and "password" to connect the database. (apparently it is the user/password of Crystal, it is the only one which functions Any Idea Thanks are the users who run the report in the same domain as the crm server? "Christophe" <anonymous@discussion...

Selecting and printing
I have a section about 30 rows long and 4 columns wide. These cells are color coded and 3 of the 4 columns are calculated cells. How can I have my user capture an image of this section, expand the font size, then print without color? Thanx!!! Paste it into Word as a picture, resize it, and print to a printer setup that's designed to only print black and white? **** Hope it helps! **** ~Dreamboat Excel VBA Certification Coming Soon! www.VBAExpress.com/training/ www.Brainbench.com Word Test Developer 2000,2002,2003 ******************************** "David#" <anonymous@di...

printing labels from a from
I have a set of records in a subform. I have one field in that subform showing how many labels do I need to print for that specific record. How can I make access to read that number "x", and print "x" number of copies of the same label. I need 3 labels for record A I need 5 labels for record B I need 1 labels for record C mrpItem mrpQtyReq stdPack: numberOfLabels: A 30 10 3 B 50 50 5 C 10 10 ...

Forced print margin
Excel, Word, etc. seem to be forcing a 0.46" bottom margin when I print a document, even though I may set a different margin (like 0.25" for instance). I have discussed this with my computer manufacturer and "they" say it is a Windows issue. Any thoughts? Pete I would have thought that it was more of a printer problem. ..25" seems a bit low as the printer will probably lose grip at the bottom of the page. See the documentation for your printer and consider fit to Page in printer Set Up. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >Excel, Word, etc. seem ...

Removing Formatting Marks
I have written a book and have sent it into the publisher but I received a letter stating that I need to remove the formatting marks in order for them to edit my book and put it into the proper format. I have not been able to find where to go in my Microsoft home and Office to remove these hard returns. This is the action that I was asked to take in preparation for publishing. If you have hit ENTER at the end of each line, you have a hard return problem that will cause your manuscript to be formatted incorrectly. You must delete the hard return codes that break up your text within a p...

Removing the last 5.5 server
I think I may have cross-posted, if I so, I apologize. While following KB article 822450, I receive the following warning on the old 5.5 server when trying to remove my last and only 5.5 server through Exchange Administrator program: "There are 2 mailboxes and gateways on this server. All these gateways will be deleted. All mailboxes and their contents will also be deleted. Are you sure...without first moving the mailboxes." I have already moved all mailboxes, created a new IMS on the new EX2K3 server and removed the IMC from the old 5.5. The only mailbox left on the 5.5 ser...

removing blank lines from addresses in a report
How do you force a report to remove blank lines from address fields (like billing and shipping addresses on an invoice)? I tried using the can grow and can shrink properties, but because I have put the billing and shipping addresses horizontally across from each other on the page, rather than one on top of the other, the can shrink property is not working. I know there is a way to do it using "trim" but I'm not sure what that is or the appropriate way to code it. If someone could please help me figure this out I'd appreciate it. My addresses appear on the invoice as fo...

Removing select text from a cell
I have a cell formatted for Text with the following information; 006-0527-5475 I want to remove just the huphens so it looks like this; 00605275475 Does anyone have the formula or process I can use? I have about 3000+ cells I need to modify this way. Thank you. Hi Tim Go to >Edit>Find>type - than Replace put nothing. Press find All > Replace All. HTH John "Tim Millar" <TimMillar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4514740-E3C7-4DC3-97AC-EFFF313EF3E6@microsoft.com... >I have a cell formatted for Text with the following information; > >...

printing Little Current month and Little Next month on Banner when it should little PRIOR month and little Next month.
I use microsoft outlook 2002 to print my family's yearly calendar. On professionally printed calendars, when February is shown, there is a miniature January and March. But the output from microsoft outlook is showing Big February and little February and Little march. How do I get the previous month to display next to the next month on the banner? ...

Remove Exchagne from AD
Hi all I had an Admin reformat a machien that was running exchagne 2003, without first removing exchange from AD, is there a way to manually remove the exchange 2003 attributes from AD? Thanks On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 09:28:03 -0700, "skip" <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all > >I had an Admin reformat a machien that was running exchagne 2003, without >first removing exchange from AD, is there a way to manually remove the >exchange 2003 attributes from AD? > >Thanks http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;273478&sd=tech ...

How do I print an EXCEL file on ledger size paper?
do you see ledger or 11x17 listed in File / page setup / paper size? What kind of printer is it, most don't go that big. Marvin, Thanks for the reply. I'm printing to a Panasonic DP 2500 that has 11 x 17 capabilities and I see that selection in the page set-up however, my spreadsheet won't print. I have other applications that do print that size on that printer and thought it might be an EXCEL issue? "Marvin P. Winterbottom" wrote: > do you see ledger or 11x17 listed in File / page setup / paper size? What > kind of printer is it, most don't go tha...

How can I print different addresses on same text ?
I want to print a letter with same text by several destinations and I tried a lot to find out on the formula box but not a chance, anybody can tell me how it works? Thanks I think? you are looking for mail merge http://tinyurl.com/hth35 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Josef" <Josef@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A8F05EC-DDF9-40D3-A70C-CC9394D0289C@microsoft.com... >I want to print a letter with same text by several destinations and I tried >a > lot to find out on the formula box but not a chance, anybody can tell me...

Upgrade to Excel 2003 -Will not print!
I have upgraded to excel 2003 from works 7.0. It will not print. The "save" file window occurs. Even after saving, it will not print! John wrote: > I have upgraded to excel 2003 from works 7.0. It will not print. The "save" > file window occurs. Even after saving, it will not print! First thing to do is make sure the printer is working. Go to Start > Settings > Printers Right click on the printer and hit the Print Test page button. Are you hitting the print button or going to the file print option? The print button prints to your default printer make sure...

Printing a diary with the date instead of page number.
I'm trying to print something like a diary in such a way that when I open it like a book, it shows the same date on both the left- and the right side page. On each page I want an empty table (the same one on each page). Now, I want to print this automatically. So on the first sheet side B shows January 1, on the second sheet side A shows January 1 and side B shows January 2, on the third sheet side A shows January 2 and side B shows January 3 etc. etc. untill December 31 What's the best way to do this in Excel or Word? I'm not quite en expert so please keep it simple ;o) Than...

Printing Issue #3
I am trying to make an invitation using publisher 2003. I am required to use a couple of photo's I have got of the school's website but they don't print. Normal clip art images will print but my pictures of the internet won't. I have tried saving them to the computer then using them and also copying and pasting and neither works. I also thought it might be because they were from the net so I used the orignals of a cd and it still did not print. They are being used as an image behind text but even without text over the top they still fail to print. The advance print...