Remove Manual Page Break

Using Windows XP-Pro and Office 2003.

Excel Help indicates that you can "remove a page break by dragging the page
break outside of the page break preview area."

When I click on the page break solid blue line, I can only move it up or
down.  I cannot move it "outside the page break preview area."  I know that
I can right click in a cell below the page break and choose to "remove the
page break."  However, I am intrigued by the dragging option described in
the help section.

Is this help information indicating I should be able to drag the page break
line out to the right which is outside the page break preview area?  I
happen to be on page 8 of a 16 page document, so dragging the page break
line all the way to the bottom of the document is not practical.

0
nospam7515 (2084)
8/11/2006 1:42:47 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Indeed, dragging a vertical page break towards the right increases the
number of pages to be printed.  It doesn't remove the page break.  Are we
both missing a fundamental piece of information here?

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"BK" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Using Windows XP-Pro and Office 2003.
>
> Excel Help indicates that you can "remove a page break by dragging the
> page break outside of the page break preview area."
>
> When I click on the page break solid blue line, I can only move it up or
> down.  I cannot move it "outside the page break preview area."  I know
> that I can right click in a cell below the page break and choose to
> "remove the page break."  However, I am intrigued by the dragging option
> described in the help section.
>
> Is this help information indicating I should be able to drag the page
> break line out to the right which is outside the page break preview area?
> I happen to be on page 8 of a 16 page document, so dragging the page break
> line all the way to the bottom of the document is not practical.

0
Bill

Word Mac Page Numbering
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I recently completed work on a book I have been writing. The last step in the process is to add page numbers. I want the first 5 pages consist of the title page, copyright page, etc., so I don't want page numbers on these page, I want to start page#1 on what is the 5th actual page of the document. However, after carefully following the Microsoft directions, as well as other online sources, and spending upwards of 4 hours just on this task, I am considering committing suicide. <br> Seriously, though, ...

How do I Remove a Split from my Comments in Excel 2003?
I have set my current workbook to split/freeze the first column and first 2 rows. Now, when I add a comment to the second row (in any column) my comments are cut off if I should scroll down. I don't ever remember the behavior before. And I don't know what I've done to enable it but it's really annoying. How do turn this off. Instead of Window>Split try selecting B3 then Window>Freeze Panes to hold top 2 rows and left column in view when scrolling. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 10:54:01 -0700, JesusPresley <JesusPresley@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Breaking One workbook into many Tabs
Hi There I have a tab called "Master" with information on lines 2 to 130, and Columns A to S. Column F has information that is repeated on several lines (persons name) I want to break the single tab "master" into a number of sub tabs, each tab containing the information relevant only to the individual. Thus for example Rows 1, 4, 7 and 9 within Column F state John. I want to extract all relevant info for John (ie contents of Rows 1,4 and 7) into a new tab called John (such that I can send JOhn his tab) Is there a way to break up the Master tab into sub ...

large picture
I have a few pages in my document with 9x7 pictures that work well if I create a separate section, and put the page in landscape mode. (I additionally have to change the top margin to 1.5" (to match the left margin being 1.5"), but that's not really what I"m asking about.) The problem is that the page number in the header comes out landscape-oriented instead of portrait-oriented, which is unacceptable to the editor. Is there a way of making the page number be rotated so it shows up as portrait using this method? I need to keep the page number as a page ...

Show all investments on home page
Money 2004 deluxe shows only the first 75 investments on the home page investment summary. How can I get it to show all of them ca. 250? Running XP home. Jonathan notice the word 'summary'........... >-----Original Message----- >Money 2004 deluxe shows only the first 75 investments on the home page >investment summary. How can I get it to show all of them ca. 250? Running >XP home. > >Jonathan > > >. > Me: NOT helpful. Money 2000 showed them all. Jonathan "me" <m@e.com> wrote in message news:0aba01c3822e$e145f270$a301280a@ph...

remove secondary domain
Hi all! I am trying to remove a secondary email domain that we no longer host. I have removed the entry from the default recipient policy and right clicked "apply policy now". I also right clicked and did an "update now" on all the recipient update services. The DNS MX records are pointing to the new host but when I try and send mail to that domain through this server it instantly comes back with an undeliverable error message. It seems like it is still trying to route this message and not send it out to the new host. Is there other settings that I need to cha...

Removing files from mp3 player
I am using WMP version 11.0.5721.5260 on XP Home Edition Version 2002 with Service Pack 3. I have searched through the help pages on WMP, and I cannot figure out how to remove files from my mp3 player. I had no problem syncing files to it, but I would like to remove several that I am tired of. Does anyone know how to do this? On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 22:43:01 -0800, taniamorse85 <taniamorse85@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am using WMP version 11.0.5721.5260 on XP Home Edition Version 2002 = with=20 > Service Pack 3. I have searched through the help pages on W...

Two docs on one page
I have created an A4 document with two A5 labels on it. The first sheet has label one and two upon it but when i go to sheet two i would like it to have the next two labels upon it but it has label two again and three, sheet three has three and four. I have tried starting with next record before label one (ie staring at label two to force it to push to next label at the beginning of the sheet but this didnt help) i have also tried the same at the bottom of each sheet..... please can anybody help I have created an A4 document with two mail merged A5 labels on it using an ex...

OE Removed Access to Unsafe Attachment
Lately I've been receiving emails with their attachments deleted. There is an error message at the top of these emails that reads "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail: <displays filename(s) here>". In most cases, these emails are from trusted senders and I do not wish to have the attachments deleted. Does anyone know a fix for this problem? Jill, I don't know how to fix it but if you press forward you should have access to the attachment. That is the only way so far that I can get to the attachment. Roger >-----Original M...

Save as web page, but still have spreadsheet functionality
how do i do this. whe i go to save as web page, there is no box i can click but interactivity and the software im using (certiport mous practice test) tells me it is wrong ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ no one knows how to do this. I know someone does ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Why wont Pub2003 allow me to send page as email any longer? #2
I used to be able to send my page as an email. Now the only option is to send as an attachment. What changed? How can I send it as a page in my email? -- integritytommyg ...

Across the Page
I can print monthly values (grouped by month in a single field) down the page. Is it possible to have them print across the page? "TeeSee" <bkeanie@glasscellisofab.com> wrote > I can print monthly values (grouped by month in > a single field) down the page. Is it possible to > have them print across the page? Without more detail on what information you have and what you are trying to do, it's difficult to give you specific advice. Here are a couple of possibilities: 1. Crosstab Queries can be used to turn a row into a column, which might do what you wan...

How do I page break in the middle of a row in Excel?
I would like my document to fill the whole page and not just a 1/2 - 2/3 of the page due to the height of the row. You cannot pagebreak in the middle of a cell or row. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 08:55:01 -0700, Carolyn Fiutem <Carolyn Fiutem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like my document to fill the whole page and not just a 1/2 - 2/3 of >the page due to the height of the row. ...

From Web page to Word
Hi, sorry for my english. I have a problem, I'd like copy a Web page in a white page of Word. I don't understand why I can copy only the text and I can't copy the image, with Word for Windows I can do it. Please help me. For your information I have Word 2008 Ver 12 and MacBook 2.4 GHz with OS X 10.5.5. I wait your answers. Thanks to all, Manuela When you copy from a web page Word has nothing to do with what gets copied. That's determined by the browser you're using. If you're using Apple's Safari make sure it's fully updated & you may want to experiment ...

print multiple worksheets on one page
I need to be able to combine 4 tabs (worksheets) to print on one page - can this be done? Take a look at this web site - it says it can be done and even shows you how: http://exceltips.vitalnews.com/Pages/T0998_Printing_Multiple_Worksheets_on_a_Single_Page.html Al "Michelle" wrote: > I need to be able to combine 4 tabs (worksheets) to print on one page - can > this be done? Try this, it might be helpful http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010548301033.aspx "Michelle" wrote: > I need to be able to combine 4 tabs (worksheets) to print on one pa...

Remove null value categories from graph
Hi, I am preparing a dashborad on a daily basis by putting the sales data. X axis will be the date and Y axis will have the sales value for the particular date. some of the dates there won't be any sales,ie. zero value.while drawing graph i will select the entire range, so all the dates will be appearing on X axis even if the value null. could anyone help me on this to remove the zero value dates from the X-axis ? ...

Previously removed SSL certificate still used
Hi all, As the title states it, I've removed a self-signed certificate and replaced it by a new one. It doesn't show up any more when issuing the Get-ExchangeCertificate cmdlet. Though, when launching Outlook, I get a warning regarding that removed certificate and not the new one. Same thing with OWA. In both cases, when I display the certificate, the thumbprint is the removed one's, not the new one's ! I've restarted IIS and all Exchange services several times. I'm about to plan a restart of the server but if anyone has an explanation ... Thanks. E...

Ignoring Line Breaks in Outlook XP
I have unchecked the option "Remove extra line breaks in plain text messages". Now in the preview pane, Outlook is displaying a message "This message has extra line breaks. Click here". I don't care if the message has extra line breaks. I don't want to enable the option that removes the extra line break automatically as this is slowing me down. So how do I stop Outlook from displaying the message in the preview pane? Thanks, Ashok. "Ashok" <ashoktamil@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:db81e684.0405260942.6ccb4037@posting.google.com... >I have...

One link breaks every time I open a workbook...
I have 3 workbooks tied together with links. One is a source only, the other two push and pull data. One of the sources, Payroll Master, on opening updates all links fine to the source only workbook but not to the third workbook (which is in the parent directory). Every time I open it it prompts me to show it where the Payroll Entry is. Doesn't matter if I hit cancel and do Edit Links, I can change it there, but will still lose it upon closing (the link appears in the box and looks ok, just won't update...) Try going Edit->Links. Break the link and re-establish it? That m...

How to disable page break
Hi Everyone, I want to add multiple page breaks in my file, for example on line 20, on 36, and on 42, etc, and be able to disable page break, through a marco or something, so nobody can remove them. any help will be appreciated thanks david Consider protecting the worksheet and make sure delete rows it's not selected. "David" wrote: > Hi Everyone, > > I want to add multiple page breaks in my file, for example on line 20, on > 36, and on 42, etc, and be able to disable page break, through a marco or > something, so nobody can remove them...

why are my pages displaying in different widths?
I have my documents in landscape, but halfway through the document, the pages switch to a narrower landscape format than the rest. You must have a Section Break in there somewhere with different page setups for some of the Sections in the document. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "woelke" <woelke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:581F1425-8EAB-4D50-96E8-6E0472389A0D@microsoft.com....

paragraph symbols. how to remove?
Paragraph symbols and periods appear interspersed throughout my document. Can anyone help me to figure out how to remove? To turn off the display of non-printing characters, press Command-8, or click the pilcrow (�) icon in the Standard toolbar. You can learn more about this feature here: <http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm> On 7/2/04 3:50 PM, in article 25f8401c46076$2c899cc0$a301280a@phx.gbl, "Barbara" <drblackey@cox.net> wrote: > Paragraph symbols and periods appear interspersed throughout my > document. Can anyone help me to figu...

Breaking out G/L Coding for a Payment Batch
I am trying to figure out the G/L coding when I cut checks. In other words, what the original G/L account the invoices were coded to when the A/P was posted. When you post checks is only debits A/P and credits Cash. Anyone have any ideas on this one? Thank you so much in advance. Is it Payables only or are Purchase Invoices included, too? If it's Payables only, it's fairly easy to create a report to pull in the information. If you need to include Purchase Invoices, then your job just got much more difficult because you have to dive into the Purchase Receipts. -- Charles ...

Outlook removal
Can anyone tell me how to uninstall Outlook and ALL related files so I may reinstall Outlook and not have it look for previous data files and install all new default files for calendar, contacts, etc. ? ...

how do i get 4 postcards on one page?
I have created a postcard in publisher 2007. I cannot get it to print 4 per page. I have publisher 2003 at home and can get it to work fine. Help! Use one of the built-in Avery page setups, they work. Select postcard, Scroll down to Avery US letter, expand, 3263 landscape is a good start. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "LiteracyLady" <LiteracyLady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A296F77-95DB-42ED-A471-1FE14BA8EC58@microsoft.com... >I have created a postcard in publisher 2007....