Remove Date Timestamp in Excel?

Hi there,

I was wondering if someone can help me out. I am using a csv file and want
to calculate if things were done on time or not.

Example:

In the A column I would have "Date Expected"

In the B column I would have "Date Completed"

In the C column I have an IF formula such that if B<= A then "Meets"
otherwise "Not Met"

But I have a problem since I get the data from a csv file. The timestamp can
give the impression that something does not meet.

Example

Date Expected: 09/18/2006 1:00am
Date Completed: 09/18/2006 2:00am

As per the formula it would not meet due to being one hour late. But I want
to disavow the timestamps and only consider the actual day.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

0
fstrass (2)
9/21/2006 7:06:27 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

This works for me.

=IF(DAY(B9)<=DAY(A9),"meets", "not met")

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 15:06:27 -0400, "F.T.S." <fstrass@netcom.ca> wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>I was wondering if someone can help me out. I am using a csv file and want
>to calculate if things were done on time or not.
>
>Example:
>
>In the A column I would have "Date Expected"
>
>In the B column I would have "Date Completed"
>
>In the C column I have an IF formula such that if B<= A then "Meets"
>otherwise "Not Met"
>
>But I have a problem since I get the data from a csv file. The timestamp can
>give the impression that something does not meet.
>
>Example
>
>Date Expected: 09/18/2006 1:00am
>Date Completed: 09/18/2006 2:00am
>
>As per the formula it would not meet due to being one hour late. But I want
>to disavow the timestamps and only consider the actual day.
>
>Is there a way to do this?
>
>Thanks in advance.

0
Gord
9/21/2006 7:26:53 PM
Thanks! I will try it out!

> This works for me.
>
> =IF(DAY(B9)<=DAY(A9),"meets", "not met")
>

> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>

> On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 15:06:27 -0400, "F.T.S." <fstrass@netcom.ca> wrote:
>
> >Hi there,
> >
> >I was wondering if someone can help me out. I am using a csv file and
want
> >to calculate if things were done on time or not.
> >
> >Example:
> >
> >In the A column I would have "Date Expected"
> >
> >In the B column I would have "Date Completed"
> >
> >In the C column I have an IF formula such that if B<= A then "Meets"
> >otherwise "Not Met"
> >
> >But I have a problem since I get the data from a csv file. The timestamp
can
> >give the impression that something does not meet.
> >
> >Example
> >
> >Date Expected: 09/18/2006 1:00am
> >Date Completed: 09/18/2006 2:00am
> >
> >As per the formula it would not meet due to being one hour late. But I
want
> >to disavow the timestamps and only consider the actual day.
> >
> >Is there a way to do this?
> >
> >Thanks in advance.

0
fstrass (2)

Setting and removing imagelist in CListCtrl
I am trying to figure out how to set, replace and remove an imagelist for a CListCtrl at runtime. If, during the creation of the CListCtrl, I set an imagelist, using SetImageList(), I am able to remove it using RemoveImageList(). But, the list control appears to still leave some space between the edge of the control and text items for an image of some kind (in report mode). Also, after removing the image, I am not able to re-set it. If I do not set an imagelist when creating the control, the text items appear next to the left edge of the control (in report mode). But, I am not able to...

need info on excel
Hi. This is my first time posting to this NG. I visited my accountant today and he recomended me to get Microsoft Excel so that I can stay more organized and present my tax figures easier. I dont know a thing about excel. I have been doing things the old fashion way. I use COrel Word perfect to do documents and make my own graphs and log info to that. But thats it. I went to the web site and I beleive Excel 2003 costs about $200. to upgrade is $109 or so. Is there a cheaper way to get this program or an alternative. Please, is there anyone who can also tell me why excel is go good,what it can ...

Scan documents directly to excel
I am looking for a good OCR program that will allow we to scan thousands of pages of phone bills diretly to MS Excel. If anyone has any idea what I could use, I would appreciate it. http://www.textbridge.com Hope you have a scanner with a sheet feeder. Actually, faxing into the computer may work once you have OCR. HP makes printer/fax/copier/scanners with OCR software as part of the package. -- John johnf202 at hotmail dot com "Debbie" <DLLower@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:02b201c347d3$1e2c5800$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I am looking for a good OCR program that...

No date fields appear when exporting/importing CSV file?
Hello All, I need to convert some legacy emails from another system to a format that can be read by Outlook. The preferred format is CSV text, which we plan to import into Outlook. I noticed when playing with the export/import that the following seem to be the standard fields that get exported into an Outlook generated CSV file: "Subject", "Body (text)", "From: (Name)", "From: (Address)", "From: (Type)", "To:(Name)", "To: (Address)", "To: (Type)", "CC: (Name)", "CC: (Address)", "CC: (...

Excel 97 to Excel XP (default margins)
I have excel files created in Excel 97. When I open this files wit Excel XP, the margins are not the sames. In Excel 97 are 0,0,0,0. In Excel Xp are 2.5,2,2.5,2 Can you help me? Thanks in advance ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com I just did a quick test and margins set at zero in Excel 97 stayed at zero in Excel 2002. Puzzled. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP Could be a different printer driver from when the file was created in 97 vs now in XP? Or even a differ...

Excel formatting #3
Could someone please help with a macro or any other suggestion to format an Excel sheet. Basically data is downloaded from a bank every week and the size of the file can vary but the formatting is constant. That is each record is 7 lines. So first record is line1-7, second record is line 8-14, third record is line 15-21 and so on. I need to format this data and basically I can record a macro for one data set that is for the record on line 1 to 7. My question is how can I set it to replicate so that it replicates for line 8-14 and then 15-21 and so on. The source formatting remains the same...

clash between different versions of excel?
Hi all. I created an excel document using excel2003 and save it in a file server. As it is a shared file, it was opened by another user using excel97 for editing. However after the file was saved by the user of excel97, the layout of the content in the file became very different compared to the 1 that was saved by myself when i was using excel2003. As the user of excel97 merely change the data without editing any layout, why did this happened? Is it due to the different versions of excel being used? How can i solve this? Thks in advance. ...

qry for dates in 1st 2nd 3rd and forth quarters of current year!
Hello i am looking to write a query which returns values for the current year only! DatePart("q",[Start Date],Year([start date])=Year(Date())) is what i have written but this includes enteries for next year which i dont need! any ideas please!!! thanks in advance hi, smason wrote: > DatePart("q",[Start Date],Year([start date])=Year(Date())) > is what i have written but this includes enteries for next year which i > dont need! any ideas please!!! You need to filter for the current year, e.g. SELECT DatePart("q",[Start Date]) FROM [yourT...

create chart /table excel-save, close & reopen colors change? Why
When I create a chart/table in Excel - save, close & reopen to use again, the colors have changed for my formating. How do I set the formating so that the colors stay the same - I have tried styles with no luck. The colors need to be the company approved. Thank you, Anne, I am unable to reproduce yr problem. Excel should NOT override yr manual settings. However,you can set yr company colours as default under Tools/Options/[Color tab]. Here are the colours Excel uses by default for the workbook. (Under that thin line you see the defaults for fill and line colours.) Hope this...

coalesce excel data
I developed a data logger for a computer simulation that people interact with. The logged data is stored in a tab deliminated text format. That data can be imported into Excel. I bring in different subjects and have them test the simulation while I log their usage of the simulation. I would like to be able to coalesce the logged data of all the different subjects data into meaningful statistics about the simulation. I can log the data by time or by room the person is in the simulation. The data logged per time slice or per room is health, amount of object 1, amount of object 2, etc. So it woul...

Camera Tool in Excel
Hi, Please advise when using the camera tool in excel why would the linked picture not change when the data in the original range changes I am trying to create a dashbord, using the camera tool Kind regards Renier van Staden In 2003 I cannot replicate your problem. Which version of Excel and what are the steps you take to create a dashboard? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 07:37:01 -0700, Renier van Staden <Renier van Staden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, Please advise when using the camera tool in excel why would the linked >picture not change when...

Maximum Named Ranges in excel
Hello all, I am using the Named ranges in excel to store metadata about each cell in excel that can persist with the excel file. So 1 cell = 1 Named Range.Advantage of using this approach is excel automatically updates the name references, even if we cut-and paste cells. As per this link(http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP051992911033.aspx ), the amount of named ranges is limited only by the amount of available memory. I wrote a small macro that adds names to each cell in excel, considering an average data of 10000 rows into 10 columns. Like this: <short version...

Ctrl-H crashing Excel 2002 fixed by Office XP SP3.
In thread "Ctrl-H crashes Excel 2002", a couple of dozen threads before this one, I reported that, in Excel 2002 without Service Packs applied: After you do a search by Values (as opposed to Formulas), henceforth Ctrl-H crashes Excel. (You could prevent that by reassigning Ctrl-H to a macro.) Thanks to Mike Mendelson & Dave Peterson, I found that Office XP SP3 fixes the problem. (I don't know which SP fixed the bug--1, 2, or 3.) Now, Ctrl-H brings up the Search dialog without crashing. *** ...

What Excel macro puts data in the NEXT row of a sheet?
I have a list of data in col B of sheet 2 which I need to copy and transpose into sheet 1, then delete the data in sheet 2 to use the form again to copy and transpose onto the next line in sheet 1. I have tried with a macro shortcut I've called ctrl + e. (I am really using the data form process but cannot because I have too many inputs). Is there a simple macro I can copy and paste? ...

Align Line Charts By Milestone Dates?
I'm a chart neophyte. I have a worksheet with multiple line charts, each line depicting total hours per month per project. I would like to align the lines to a common milestone, like "start of detailed design". Each project of course has a different date for this milestone. Other than knowing that somewhere I'll have to specify the dates of the milestone for each project, I have no idea of what to do. Any help/insight will be appreciated. Thanks, Mike Each data series has a column of dates and a column of percent complete values. I'll use columns A and B in...

Excel 09-06-07
Need some help please............. Senario....... in Column B you have a company names (different ones), then is say coulmn E you have some figures like say number of kgs. Is it possible to add all the figures from column E for each different company... Column B Colum E Smiths 123kgs Jones 200kgs fred 75kgs Smiths 450kgs so you get say a months total of the kgs each company has done. Use &qu...

changing date range for budget
I need for an annual budget to be from September to September not for the calendar year. Is there any way to do this? I have money 2002. Thanks! Unfortunately, the Annual Budget report appears to only display information for the year selected. However, you can customize the Monthly Budget report to cover 9/1 to 8/30 and report summary information. It won't be broken down by month, however. Derrick "Shari" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49a801c3e43d$901d1970$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I need for an annual budget to be from September to &g...

Unable to remove Exchange 5.5 from exchange organization
Hoping someone can help me. I've scoured the web for help and seen this issue posted before but never a good answer. We had exchange 5.5 on server1. We installed Exchange 2003 on server2. Everything was migrated, everything was/is working fine on server2. I uninstalled Exchange5.5 from server1. I uninstalled ADC. I cannot remove Exchange 5.5 from System Manager 2003. From within System Mgr 2003 when I expand administrative groups->org->folders->public folders->system configuration. The "replication" of SYSTEM CONFIGURATION shows both servers. When I clic...

Font property in Excel VBA causes 100 % CPU loop
I am using Excel 2002 SP-2 on a Windows XP machine running a Pentium 4 2.8 GHz processor with 1 Gb RAM. When building a VBA userform, whenever I click on the properties box to change the font size for e.g. a label or textbox caption, Excel starts another process (i.e. I see another Excel process on the Windows task bar) and consumes close to 100 % of my CPU. The first couple of times I tried this, Excel eventually brought up the font properties window (after more than a minute). The third time I tried this, I had to crash Excel via Windows Task Manager. At the time of trying to change the ...

Colouring cell if it has a specific date
Hi, I have a column for each month where the dates are entered on rows. Is it possible I can color a cell if the date entered in a cell for that month is 15 days past the end of the month. Like, if in a January column I enter a date on one of the rows as Feb.20, then the cell fills with red colour. I tried doing it using conditional formatting, but don't know how to say 15 days past end of the month? Any help will be appreciated! Thanks very much! Shivam Hi there Assuming 2007 If column A is January. I don't know where you have your reference date i.e. las...

Excel Sheets
Is the number of sheets one is able to add to an Excel 2003 document limited? User wants to create a document with upwards of 400 sheets. Each sheet would have about 10 rows, each row would have at least 1 calculation. Is this feasible under Excel 2003? TIA DDS Hi Danny: The maximum number of sheets in a workbook is limited by available memory. By default the number of sheets in a new workbook is 3 but this may be altered by using: Tools > Options > General Change to a maximum of 255 However, there is nothing to stop you adding more sheets. Generally, you'll find things ge...

ActiveX controls cause Excel to Shutdown
Last night I was doing some simple coding in VBA. The code applied to two command buttons: one would copy and paste a line along with adding a few check boxes, the other would delete said line and boxes. I saved one of my first stabs at the code, and when I went to add another command button Excel would shut itself down and auto recover my previous work. I had been seeing the error "object library invalid or contains references to object definitions" before this began happening. I have Microsoft Office 2003 and have tried re-installing it, to no avail. Every time I use the Activ...

Date Calculation
I have two fields in a query: "Date Completed" (mm/dd/yyyy) and "Time Used (hours)" (nn.n). I want to calculate a third field "Date Started". Assuming an eight-hour day, the equation should be [Date Completed] - [Time Used (hours)]/8 but I can't figure out which Date/Time functions to use to convert my dates and hours to the same units to do the calculation and then back to a date in the format mm/dd/yyyy again. I am using Access 2007 and am not too competent with it. Thank you in advance for your help. A date_time is a data type, lik...

Excel Conditional Formula Problem #2
undefined::undefined::undefined My e-mail address is retrofit03@yahoo.com. Thanks for your help -- wilson3141 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- wilson31416's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1628 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27686 ...

Removing email address from recipient policy does not remove from
We recenlty had a company split and the new company took over several domains, both companies run SBS 2003 Exchange 2003 SP2, after removing email address domains from recipient policy of the primary company they were not removed from Active Directory so now when the primary company tries to send emails to the new company it immediately looks in AD and kicks the email back saying there is no recipient with that address and does not let it out of their network. I had to go in manually and remove all traces of the leftover address domains from AD but it is still getting caught somewhere. ...