Referring to a FileName in Macro

I have a Macro with the following code

Application.Run "TestQry!Macro2"
Application.Run "TestQry!Macro1"

TestQry is the name of the file.  Is there anyway that this macro cod
can refer to the activeWorkbook or filename so that if the file i
saved to a new name this macro will still ru

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

How about just:

	macro2
or even
	call macro2

"DoctorV <" wrote:

> I have a Macro with the following code
>
> Application.Run "TestQry!Macro2"
> Application.Run "TestQry!Macro1"
>
> TestQry is the name of the file.  Is there anyway that this macro code
> can refer to the activeWorkbook or filename so that if the file is
> saved to a new name this macro will still run
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

pasting of variable cell value into macro
I have written a macro that runs an autofilter which grabs cell info from a different worksheet within that workbook (an entered date). It then uses that date to autofilter. It works fine the first time, but aparently plugs that info permanently into the macro and will not work on subsequent runs. I need a macro that will grab variable info from a certain cell each time and run with that new cell value each time. Any ideas?. (& yes, I am a newbee) sorry.. Your problem is refreshing the autofilter. It is best to clear the old filter before applying the new filter. Here ...

Internationalization for formulas & macros
Hi all, I have a relative who send me some Excel spreadsheet (97, 2000 or XP that contains formulas and macros written in english. However, I have a french version of Excel. Because of this, I can' open these spreadsheets. My question is quite simple. Is there a tool or an easy way to convert all formulas & macros withi a spreadsheet from english to french? Any help will be appreciated. Thank' -- micto ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mictou's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1637 View this th...

Circular reference #4
There is a formula that has created a circular reference which I find very difficult to find, even with the circular reference toolbar. Any one any suggestions? Pat Maybe Stephen Bullen's utility http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm Look for FindCirc.zip Pat wrote: > > There is a formula that has created a circular reference which I find very > difficult to find, even with the circular reference toolbar. Any one any > suggestions? > > Pat -- Dave Peterson ...

Trying to reference a workbook worksheet from a cell content
It is hard to explain what I am trying to do in the subject line: I have two workbooks: One is "Building Methods" The other is "Costs" I have a formulas in the Building Methods workbook that needs to look up a value in the Costs workbook, but the particular sheet it needs to look up the costs from has to be gotten from a cell in the Building Methods worksheet. For instance here is the formula that works: =IF(G14="ax",'[Costs.xls]2278'!$D$14,"") The problem is that I need the "2278" to be picked up form cell G4 rather than be specif...

able to record & run macro but not edit !
All Excel97 . When I open a file with an existing macro (or create a new spreadshee and simply record an entry in a cell ) and go to Tools/Macro/Macros th macro list is visible and I can run the macro but if I try to edit it get a Microsoft Visual Basic pop-up 'Unexpected error ; quitting' o if I simply try to open the VBE i get a similar pop-up with ' Out o Memory'. Same files work fine at work (Excel 97) where I edited macros n problem. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling Excel from the office 97 dis along with data access & Office tools (and their elements) ti...

Excel newbie reference
Could anyone guide me to a detailed database/website which explains the logic behind excel formulas and some critical characteristics of Excel... It could be a .pdf of e- book... anything ... may be 1000 pages....but I am ready to dive in... I deliberately need a guidance which tells Excel from A to Z. I hope I am not Pollyanna. Thanks a lot. Regards, Mustafa www.google.com "Mustafa Sapmaz" <mustafa_sapmaz@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:75c401c3e72d$626c86d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... : Could anyone guide me to a detailed database/website which : explains the logic behi...

Macro
Thanks to those who offered help but I still am not quite there with the correct solution. R.Venkataraman's code was almost correct but I don't think I explained myself correctly. In my sheet1 the user inputs numbers (1-50) in column A.(pluss loads of other data in columns B:P) what I require is the macro to ask the user to input the 'job' they want to print. So if the user inputs <9> then column A in sheet 1 is searched for the number 9 then the contents of that particular row are copied (without formula - just cell values) and the data pasted onto row A2 of sheet...

Hide worksheets if macros are disable
Hi, what I was hoping to do is if the marcros are disable when the file is opened all the worksheets are hidden except one with a message saying to enable macros in which case this sheet would be hidden if the macros were enable. TIA If macros are disabled, there's nothing you can do to change they way it opens. Maybe you can save the file with the worksheets hidden the way you want. Then have your auto_open/workbook_open unhide the ones you want to see. Eintsein_mc2 wrote: > > Hi, what I was hoping to do is if the marcros are disable when the file > is opened all the work...

Excel should allow macro on a shared workbook.
We are using excel tables all the time at my company. There are more than 20 people working on the same excel file which has thousands of columns so we use autofilter or some other macros. Shared workbook will help us alot because we will be able to change the file at the same time which is very time saving. Is there any way that macros are allowed at shared workbooks? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not ...

About Macros #2
Hi ! Even though I have deleted all macros from my workbook, I still get the pop-up saying that macros are disabled. How do I get rid of this annoying feature? Thanks for all help, David Debra Dalgleish has a great explanation with pictures on how to deal with this issue. http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros HTH Paul -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Be advised to back up your WorkBook before attempting to make changes. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

VBA Question: Called macro stops unexpectedly
Hello, I'm new to using VBA in Excel. I'm hoping I'm missing something simple and that someone here can help me. I have one Excel workbook that has many subroutines/macros in Module 1. I have 5 worksheets in the workbook and each has navigation buttons to move from sheet to sheet. On one sheet, there are required fields that must be checked before a user can be moved to the desired sheet. The buttons call the appropriate macro, like GoTo_Report, which takes the user to the Report sheet. But, on the Project Info screen, I need all these buttons to also run the macro that chec...

Macro to find the first cell in a column with different data
Hello, I really could use some of your expert and excellent help with a problem I am having in creating a macro to perform a search in "Column A" to locate a change in the data in that column and then move one column to the right and one row down and type "1" in that cell. I really appreciate your help, and Have a Blessed Holiday Season. Perhaps this might also do it here .. Assuming data is in A1 down, of the structure as below: 1 1 1 2 2 3 3 etc Put in B2: =IF(A2<>A1,1,"") Copy down Kill the formulas in col B with an in-place: Copy > Paste spe...

can't record a new macro or insert module in editor
When i try to record a new macro it tells me it is unalbe to record. When i go into the VB editor and go to the insert menu all the items are greyed out so I can't select module and so create a new macor that way. I have changed the security off from high (tried on both medium and low). Does anybody know why I can't make new macros? Douglas Allen Douglas Unfortunately the "Unable to record" message has several potential causes. Suggest you wander through these google search results dealing with this issue. Perhaps something will do the trick. The Personal.xls file ...

Filtering data within macros
I have a spread sheet with 6 coloums of data such as name,month,job. have filters so i can see how many jobs are done in a month or how man jobs one person is doing. I would like to be able to write a macr which works out most of the combinations of filters and outputs it t a seperate sheet. There are lots of different options for each coloum tho! Is there any quick ways i can do this other than reseting th filters everytime for every combination? hope i have explained this ok....its even confusing me!! Cheers Robert -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This may be helpful ...

macro to delete multiple rows
I have recorded, then modified, the following macro, which unprotects the sheet, aks if you are sure you want to delete the row, deletes the current row, copies down a cell in column A that numbers the row, and protects the sheet. Works fine, but if the user wants to delete not only the current row, but multiple rows below it also, the macro must be repeated. How can I accomplish deleting multiple rows, as indicated by the user? For example, rows 18 thru 20, or 29 thru 33, etc, or of course, just the current row, with the message box prompting the user for the number of rows to delete. Thanks...

Macro-Save as
I need to know how to 'default' the save file type as an .xls from a .dat within a macro. After a macro has completed changing many .dat files into excel spreadsheets to include subtotals, the file type is defaulted to .dat and when I go to save the file, I have to constantly change the file type from .dat to .xls. "Lois" wrote: > I need to know how to 'default' the save file type as an .xls from a .dat > within a macro. After a macro has completed changing many .dat files into > excel spreadsheets to include subtotals, the file type is defaulted to...

How do I run a macro when a value occurs in a cell
I want to run a macro when a value appears in a cell. How can this be accomplished? Hi! This is a trivial example but you can build on it: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Range("D3") = 36 Then Range("D3").Interior.ColorIndex = 6 Else Range("D3").Interior.ColorIndex = 2 End If End Sub Put =A3*3 in D3 Try values such as 12, 10 in A3 Al -- Alf ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AlfD's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=478 View this thread: http://www.excelforu...

Using a macro question.
Can you execute a macro from inside a formula? IF(A1="Y",execute.macro,"") Thanks Adam, not with a formula, but you can use a worksheet change event like this, put in sheet code Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub If Target.Address = "$A$1" And UCase(Target.Value) = "Y" Then 'put your code here End If End Sub -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Usin...

Circular references? I iterate You what?!
first thanks to everyone for their help....I have reinstalled office and I still cannot use the reply group option. Next I have this error =(E16+E18)--I16 was defined as a circular reference but for the life of me I cannot see why. Some of my other formulae are also "circular" In English this equation should be (Overtime + overtime carried over from previous month) minus minus the hours holiday Why it is cicular I have no idea. It works if I change the itiration. so my question is in what way is this circular and how does itiration work? Thanks in advance Danny Hard to say...

Referring to control on subform
I have a parent form named fMemberInfo with a tab control called tabSubforms with a subform called fYInfoSubform with a combobox call cboSeqNo I would like to requery the combobox on the parent form's "OnCurrent" event. How do I refer to the comboxbox? On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 18:51:56 -0500, "Joseph Greenberg" <jjgfromnj@gmail.com> wrote: >I have a parent form named fMemberInfo >with a tab control called tabSubforms >with a subform called fYInfoSubform >with a combobox call cboSeqNo > >I would like to requery the combobox on t...

Hyperlink to open .dot with a macro
I have a word .dot that has a simple macro when opened, but when I try to open the .dot from a hyperlink the macro doesn't autostart. Any ideas? I opened word and created a new test2.dot template file. I put this code under the ThisDocument module: Option Explicit Private Sub Document_New() MsgBox "hi from new" End Sub Private Sub Document_Open() MsgBox "hi from open" End Sub I put a hyperlink in a cell in an excel worksheet that pointed to that test2.dot file. The Document_Open() event fired--but the actual template (test2.dot) opened--a new document bas...

Reference a cell value in a formula
I have the following formula: =SUMPRODUCT((MONTH(Summary!$F$7:$F$15000)=1)*1) I want the "15000" to be replaced by the varaible value of a cell in an other worksheet ("Summary"). I tried using INDIRECT but it didn't work. Thanks in advance =SUMPRODUCT((MONTH(OFFSET(Summary!$E$7,0,0,C4,1))=1)*1) C4 in this case is the cell that holds the number of items to be used in the calculation -- If the post is helpful, please consider donating something to an animal charity on my behalf ..... and click Yes "Leon" wrote: > I have the f...

Cell Value as Named Range Reference
Little bit of a quirky question... Trying to use a cell value as a reference in a formula, where that cell value is the name of a named range. So, assume A1:A3 is a named range: Rng1. And, B1:B3 is Rng2. I want to get the correlation vale for A1:A3 and B1:B3 So, cell D1 contains "Rng1" and D2 has "Rng2"; and cell D3 has the formula: =correl(D1,D2). But I get an error. Have also tried using Indirect to no avail. Any help would be hugely appreciated. Thank you. =CORREL(INDIRECT(D1),INDIRECT(D2)) -- Wigi http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music "ste...

Can I create a report from this without a macro?
(XL2007) My data is presented in 5-row groups. Cols A, B, and C have my identifiers; col AU has a text value I need to include. Headers in row 9; cells in cols A, B and C are merged in groups of five (A10:A14 merged, A15:19 merged, etc, and same for B and C); in the Name Box, though, data in the A10:A14 merged group shows up as A10. Col A is the major group, col B is the sub-group, and col C is the ID number of the sub-group. What I would like is something like a pivot table. I tried that, though, and XL told me I didn't have a valid range, or valid headers, or something like that. ...

Help: Macro that runs various if statements, inserting rows etc
I am a newcomer to Macros and excel programming and was hoping someone could assist / provide the code to do the following: I have a +50,000 line spreadsheet, that needs to be formatted. Given the size I would like to automate this. There are 3 key formatting changes required and detailed below: n = 1 1. If Cell A(n) not equal Cell A(n+1) then insert a new row below A(n), make Cell F(insertedrow)=1, make Cell G(insertedrow)=A(n+1), make Cell H(insertedrow)=B(n+1) 2. If Cell C(n) not equal Cell C(n+1) then insert a new row below C(n), make Cell F(insertedrow)=2, make Cell G(inserte...