recently opened files in the Open section of the Task Pane

Hi,

In Excel2003, how can I remove the list of recently opened files in the Open
section of the Task Pane?

--
Thanks,
      Jeffrey

0
Jeff
2/27/2007 11:42:51 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Feb 28, 12:42 am, "Jeff Hopkins" <atomic58"NOSPAM"@sc.rr.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In Excel2003, how can I remove the list of recently opened files in the Open
> section of the Task Pane?

This is a same list as Recently used files list under File menu. Go to
Tools -> Options, and under General tab remove checkmark at Recently
used file list. You must restat excel after this to change take
effect.

--
Regards,
Mladen

A million thanks Mladen - a million!

--
Thanks,
      Jeffrey

"Mladen_Dj" <excelancije@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Feb 28, 12:42 am, "Jeff Hopkins" <atomic58"NOSPAM"@sc.rr.com>
> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> In Excel2003, how can I remove the list of recently opened files in the
>> Open
>> section of the Task Pane?
>>

> This is a same list as Recently used files list under File menu. Go to
> Tools -> Options, and under General tab remove checkmark at Recently
> used file list. You must restat excel after this to change take
> effect.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Mladen
> http://excelancije.bloger.hr

0
Jeff

EFS
Hi, I did something bad and enabled EFS on a folder, then decided to remove EFS. Windows has now left me with a number of EFS*.tmp files which I cannot now delete and they are really large. I understand what these files are, but really want to delete them and so far I haven't found a way to do this, have tried using Admin privilages and a Google search was fruitless. Help :-) Thanks "David" <amharcAE@ice.age.fastmail.fm> wrote in message news:5fkf165079mj6sq3jl4jui8f7fveennejo@4ax.com... > Hi, > > I did something bad and enabled EFS on a ...

Puzzling out the Navigation Pane (Access 2007)
Hi All, Been looking at the Access 2007 Navigation Pane as a replacement for the venerable Switchboard. Soo... I can create shortcuts to objects, put those shortcuts in Custom Categories and Groups and Disable the DesignView property of the shortcut. Ok. I can run an autoexec macro to hide all native categories. Fine. What's to prevent the end user from right clicking on the shortcut and enabling DesignView again? ...

Exporting to Excel files
I am currently working on an Access97 database application, and when I export a table to an Excel spreadsheet, I find that my dates turn out as other than I would expect or want. For instance, "00/01/01" will sometimes be displayed "00/01/01", sometimes as "01-Jan-00" or something similar. What I need is a way to force ALL dates to be exported to spreadsheet format in the format "YYYY/MM/DD". Is there a way to do this, efficiently? Or perhaps I will have to recreate my table with the date fields as text and put the dates in there as I expect them? (a r...

"Enabel / Disable macros" message box appears no matter which .xls file the user opens....
"Enabel / Disable macros" message box appears no matter which .xls file I open... I can't find any hidden/empty code in the xls files... Has someone got any experience with this? krgds, Nils Egil Lie Stolt Offshore AS Hi you also have to remove the (empty) modules in the VBA editor. Also check that there're no statements left in the worksheet modules and in the workbook module -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Nils Egil Lie wrote: > "Enabel / Disable macros" message box appears no matter which .xls > file I open... I can't find any hidden/emp...

Export or convert .qrp files to HTML
Hi all, great forum - Does anyone know how to export or convert any given .qrp report into an HTML or other web format? Could it be possible to open a .qrp in it's native format? I've seen a company online (Sabletooth) that converts Report Builder (.qrp) files into Crystal, but I think they are only offering consulting services. Thanks in advance for your help. At the top of the report it gives you several options(print, save, etc.) the fourth or fifth from the left(not quite sure which one by memory)is the one to export. It gives you several options. One of which is to expo...

Can I embed or link multiple .pdf files into or to an excel file?
I would like to link .pdf files to an excel file. Within my excel file I would like to have a column that has file names in it. Then have excel link those files to the excel file so when I print the excel file all the linked files print along with it. use hyper link "GrubbyG" wrote: > I would like to link .pdf files to an excel file. Within my excel file I > would like to have a column that has file names in it. Then have excel link > those files to the excel file so when I print the excel file all the linked > files print along with it. ...

Cannot open certain Files.
For some reson or another I cannot open one of our newletter issues. The file will open if publisher runs its self in safe mode.....Im baffled? any ideas ? Graham Could be the printer driver. Have you changed printers or the driver? When you open the file in safe mode, save as...something else, see if it will open then. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JGM" <marxymarks@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eJeXwuzxEHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > For some reson or another I cannot open one ...

Upload a file to a web using VBA
There is a site on our company's INTRANET that I need to upload a file to. This is a FORM that needs the fileName to be populated, but I have not been able to get it to accept fileName from any means I have tried. I have ALL of the other fields working and it is to the point all I need to do is manually select the file, but I need to automate this. I have been able to access the site, stuff all kinds of other info into the websites varables, but I have NOT been able to stuff the fileName to upload. Here is the code (including some failed attempts) to get the file name into t...

What does it mean to have a file name followed by .xls:1 etc.?
I received an Excel spreadsheet that produces two separate spreadsheets when I open it. They have the same names except that one is .xls:1 and the other ..xls:2 and I have not been able to find what this signifies. Those are multiple windows that view the same Excel file. You create them by selecting Window>New Window. If you close the :2 window, the other will still be open (but the :1 will no longer display) Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron "KGAR" wrote: > I received an Excel spreadsheet that produces two separate spreadsheets when > I open it. They ha...

Saving a file as the "date" it was created
I have a load of spreadsheets that I need to file in the same folder. The problem is each one has the same filename. Does anyone know how to save a file as the date that it was created on thus saving me having to go through 100's of files and do it manually. Thanks Dave Woodgate Activeworkbook.SaveAs Filename:=Format(Now,"yyyymmdd hhmmss")&" "&Activeworkbook.Name -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove xxx from email address if mailing direct) "Dave" <dave.woodgate@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1147856944.197931.244350@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups....

opening email
When I double click on an email that I received, the message will not open in another window. The only thing that happens is that email is displayed as open in my taskbar. I've always been able to open into another window until now. Please advise. It is actually opening "off-screen". Right click on the minimized window tab on the Taskbar and select Move. Now use the arrow keys to get it in the screen. Close all other windows except this one and use the cursor to drag the message to the size you want. File | Exit, and Windows will remember the size when you ope...

File storage
Where and how are the files stored in the crm database for a note attachment, I need to download the file for a certain event and save it in a folder on machine without the download dialog box appearing. is it the version column of annotationbase where i only see binary,how do i query database in this case ,I am unable to do through the howto method of downloading ...

Log files filling disk up
We have an Exchange Server 2003 implementation. It is generating 5MB logfiles every few minutes, and within a few weeks is filling the available disk space. Any advice on hoe these logfiles can be managed would be much appreciated. Thanks Dave Are you doing Exchange-aware full online backups? On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 06:44:41 -0700, "Dave Marshall" <dj_marshall@yahoo.com> wrote: >We have an Exchange Server 2003 implementation. > >It is generating 5MB logfiles every few minutes, and >within a few weeks is filling the available disk space. > >Any advice...

Unable to open default email folder . Exchange 2003 , Outlook 2003
Hey all , I am experiencing a very weird issue at the moment and i am getting really worried that it will speard all over our domain. Last weekend we installed SP1 on Exchange 2003 and since we noticed this issue: I had one user on Tuesday that was trying to connect to the Exchange server (we use cached mode) and once he entered his username and password Outlook tried to connect 3 times and then straight away it says Disconnected. I log in as him and I then tick and untick on Work Offline so Outlook can try to connect but after 3 tries the same Disconnected status is reported. If i c...

PDF file #8

Folders open when receiving mail
I have sub-folders within folders in my email Folders List. If I close all the main folders, and then receive new email; there is a way to have a main folder open up and show it's sub-folders with the sub-folder that contains the new email bolded. My old PC with Outlook 2000 used to do this, my new PC with Outlook 2002 doesn't. Does anyone know how to set this up? Thanks. ...

repaired ext hd
I recently had an external hard drive fail. Sometimes it showed up under my computer and other times not. Did not show up in disk management. Tried on another pc - nogo. So.... I sent drive off for data recovery and received email from comp that said: A. Media evaluation results overview * The file system was structurally damaged preventing access to the data. The file system has been repaired to point to the file data. Can anyone tell me what that means? Is there a way i could "repoint" to data? Thanks. patti On May 5, 7:20=A0pm, patti <pa...@discussions.m...

I have a file that is 4mb. Cleared all formating...still big
I have a file that has cols a-p, rows 1-40. Had a lot of colors and stuff but I cleared all formatting and saved file. Still 4mb. Can't figure out where the issue is. Can anyone help? Hi Who knows what people do with spreadsheet sometime. I experienced once the situation where somebody put nonvisible large object so there was a spreadsheet with a simple calculations but it was huge. I found it and got rid off it, but I think that easier will be copy all to a new spreadhseet and save it. Click yes if helped -- Greatly appreciated Eva "JDH" wrote: ...

File Open Box
When I go file open and the box appears to select where & what I want to open, it appears full screen, how can I reduce the size of it (it never used to be full screen). I try placing the mouse on the edges but it won't give me a drag arrow from anywhere around the perimeter of the screen Drove me near insane once. Dbl-click in the dialog title bar. "bev" <bev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:66C4FC65-041A-4EF3-A1F0-4B1FEA6F472F@microsoft.com... > When I go file open and the box appears to select where & what I want to > open...

Don't want to automatically open email Outlook 2000
I have recently started using Outlook 2000 instead of Outlook Express. In Express - I was able to preview messages without actually opening the file. In OL2000, the file automatically opens up... is there any way of preventing this. ...

Interesting TIF file problem
At the company I work for, we have someone that exports AutoCAD drawings to a TIF file, then inserts the TIF file into an Excel spreadsheet. We have quite a few of these. Other users can open this spreadsheet, view it, do a print preview, but when they try to print the file the inserted picture does not show up. All that prints is a box with the broken url red x document image. It seems that the problem is with Office XP. The Excel files are created with Office 2000, and they print fine from Excel 2000. On Office XP and Office 2003, the file won't print properly (all systems are ru...

create main configuration file for solution.
Hello. How can I create main configuration file for my solution (Win-Form : VS 2008. VB.NET), like a general ini-file. Thanks :) "Mr. X." wrote: > Hello. > How can I create main configuration file for my solution (Win-Form : VS > 2008. VB.NET), like a general ini-file. > It's called an app.config. There is a name space you can use to mainulupate the app.config from a program. I see it on the project source directory (not for solution). I cannot see it on the release directory. Is there any convention to read / write from app.config...

Crystal Report not found on File Repository Server
I recently upgraded our MSCRM server to a new server. We don't typically use the internal CRM reports, we have some custom ones created with PowerTrack that we primarily use. The CEO tried today though to open one of the canned MSCRM reports and got this error message. I tried the others and I get it on all of them. CrystalReportViewer File frs://Input/a_063/021/000/5439/6ac34043c58b1112.rpt not found on File Repository Server. I checked the input folder in c:\program files\crystal ent 9\filestore\input and it is empty. I would have copied them from the old server, but it is ...

JPG Files #2
Just installed Outlook 2003. Can no longer view jpg files...either those sent to me or ones I try and attach??? Have cleaned out my temp internet files...hELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP Thx Make sure you have a default program set for opening jpg-files. Rightclick the file from within Windows Explorer nd choose Open With... and make sure you select to always open that file with the selected program You probably had set Microsoft Photo Handler as thedefault program which has been replaced by Picture Manager. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Cre...