Re: Updating spreadsheets

Is there a way in Excel to take a spreadsheet containing new price
adjustments, compare it to my current inventory, make price changes as
necessary on my current inventory spreadsheet, and , then print a list of
changed items? Or is this an Acess function?
Thanks,

Gary B
gb20003@comcast.net

0
gb20003 (2)
6/18/2007 10:37:38 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Gary, take a look at the Data Loader at http://www.add-ins.com/dataload.htm.
It will do most of what you want.  It will color the cells that are loaded
blue so that you can identify the ones that were updated.

Bob Flanagan
Macro Systems
144 Dewberry Drive
Hockessin, Delaware, U.S.  19707

Phone:  302-234-9857,  cell 302-584-1771
http://www.add-ins.com

"Gary in Baltimore" <gb20003@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Is there a way in Excel to take a spreadsheet containing new price
> adjustments, compare it to my current inventory, make price changes as
> necessary on my current inventory spreadsheet, and , then print a list of
> changed items? Or is this an Acess function?
> Thanks,
>
> Gary B
> gb20003@comcast.net

Can Update Office 11.0
I am trying to give Office a whirl on my powerbook however I need to upgrade to 11.1 for it to work with my ofices Lotus Notes e-Mail. When I try upgrading I get the 11002:2,-14 error I've heard talked about in this newsgroup. I've tried all the suggestions but still no luck. I tried repairing permisions, re-installing, turning of Entourage notifications. Nothing works! Please help. Haven't a clue. Previous threads didn't offer anything? Try re-downloading the update. Maybe previous updates haven't been run yet. Use Help | Check for Updates and let it tell you what...

Text to Columns from drop down list update
Hi I need to perform a Text to Column conversion from a drop down list, but I also need the extracted value to be updated if the value in the list is changed. eg: Drop down list has 2 values: 1. 4x16K 2. 8x8K If the user selects 1 I can easily extract out to another cell the value 1 using Text to columns, however if the user then changes the choice to 2 the text to columns extraction is not updated to 2. Is there a way to update changes in the original cell using text to columns? Or is there another way I can assign a value to a drop down menu choice in a different cell while havi...

Re: Inbox subfolder deleted with its contence, can it be recovered?
I have a user at work who has deleted his inbox subfolder, with all it content. Believing he had a e-mail highlighted that he wanted t delete, he deleted by using shift delete, so it perminately deleted th contents but instead he had the subfolder highlighted, did not look a the warning message saying you are going to delete "hunter folder an its contents" *sigh* is there any way this contents be recovered? usin a thirdparty recovery tool? Thanks in advance - danie ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------...

Keeping the format but update the data
I have a report I run everyday. I want to update the data, but keep the column sizes and formatting. Any suggestions? Anybody suggest a good ebook to become more formuliar with excel? JoeM JoeM, this could be as simple as recording a macro during the formatting of the sheet after importing the data once. Then each day, after importing the new data, you simply run that macro. As for online eBook's for Excel, I'm not actually aware of any although I suspect a Google search would turn up several. It's hard to beat the "For Dummies..." series of hardcopy...

Re: Sharepoint and PST's
Good news! Microsoft has released a hotfix that adds a registry value = named AlwaysAllowSharePointPST to support links to SharePoint even with = DisablePST is set. See = http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=3Dkb;en-us;897658 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message = news:... Since DisablePST doesn't disable the opening of existing PST files, = w...

Can't connect after updates.
I downloaded the two software updates and now I can't connect with Live ID. Anyone one else have this problem? I am actually experiencing the same issue. I just installed, it said that there were updates available which I installed and now I can not connect from within money... I am using vista, not sure if that is part of the problem or not... "Jakryk" wrote: > I downloaded the two software updates and now I can't connect with Live ID. > Anyone one else have this problem? I'm using Vista also. I've reinstalled Money and I cancel the updates. It happen...

Frustrated Beyond Measure
I loved Money 2005, recommended it to friends and got 2 great years of use out of it. Then, it forced me to upgrade to continue online services. I didn't mind since it was only $40 and I got two good years out of it. However, Money Plus Deluxe has been a nuisance. I have never gotten portfolio manager to work. I spent 2 weeks sending emails with support where the guy eventually said "if this doesn't work, I can't help you." Great... shoudl I go buy Quicken? This weekend, I decided to try to completely uninstall Money and try a reinstall to get Portfolio Manag...

Re-Generating Parts of the Schema
Hi All, I just moved our CRM 1.2 install to a new server. Oh boy what a hassle that was, loads of errors and stuff to get over. The problem I'm having now is that whenever I attempt to change queue details, user details, Product Groups (basically anything you cant change or add to through deployment manager) I get an "Error has occurred, please contact your admin" error message. I had this before for pretty much very entitiy (cases etc) in CRM but a publish of a previous schema save through deployment manager sorted this out, but alas not these aspects. Here is the event view...

How do I insert a radio button into a spreadsheet?
Use menu.. -- dominic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1893 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37768 http://www.functionx.com/excel/articles/radiobuttons.htm This should help you. ...

Try that critical update from the Microsoft
--cvopnkiwnuksx Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="euamswwo"; type="multipart/alternative" --euamswwo Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="qcidyxbg" --qcidyxbg Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help protect your computer from ...

Updating MS Office 98 for Mac to newer MS Office version & other questions
Hi! I have a Mac iBook with a Power PC G3 Processor, Disk Cache: 4096k, Virtual Memory 129 MB, Built-In Memory 128 MB, Machine Speed 600MHz (so it says in the system profiler...I don't really know what all this means and if someone has an easy explanation, I'd appreciate it). Though it came with OSX, I have been running it on OS 9.2 because I purchased Microsoft Office 98 for Mac (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) back in 1999 for my last Mac (a desktop), so I loaded it onto this iBook when I got it. My question is, can I qualify for an update of MS Office? From browsing the web I noticed ther...

re-print an RTV packing slip
There should be a way to re-print an RTV packing slip after the RTV shipping has been processed. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=8f250615-702c-4e00-8f24-f90...

Spreadsheet File Size
I have a Spreadsheet that has 10 tabs at the bottom. Each of thes sheets cross reference dataand thee are many complex calculation throughout. Many of the formulas are nested IF functions which I kno take up a lot of space. The unfortunate thing is the file size is 7 MB, which is hard for others in the office to work with. I would appreciate any ideas as to how I could reduce the file size. For example: - Is there a way or someone who could look at this and kind of audi it to see if there are ways to reduce size? - Should I break it up into seperate files (shich would be harder fo other ...

Can Excel 97 read Excel 2003 simple spreadsheet?
I am writing a ReadMe file and want to list minimum requirements for viewing an Excel 2003 spreadsheet. The only formulas are Count functions used to tally columns. Other than that it is a basic flat list spreadsheet. For viewing this .xls file may I be safe to say that a minimum of Excel 97 is needed? Thanks. Using your criteria, I would say Yes. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 10:00:12 -0800, MSfStl <MSfStl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am writing a ReadMe file and want to list minimum requirements for viewing >an Excel 2003 spreadsheet. The only formu...

Scrolling not working in spreadsheet (Excel 2000)
Good afternoon. We have Excel 2000 running on Windows 2000. I have a spreadsheet with a column that is filtered by Status - Open or Closed. If I am showing the 'Open' items, I can page up and down, use the up/down arrows and the mouse to scroll up and down in the document. If I show the 'Closed' items, none of the scrolling options work. The scroll bar on the right indicates that I'm 'moving' down in the document, and the cell reference in the upper left corner changes (as does the display of the cell contents) but all I see on the screen is the first page. An...

stange folder after install updates
hello, I've some computers with XP SP3 which after install some updates appear "strange folders". For example there're some folders in c: called: 6ac86d2ad9be93fc0f0ded or 22553c8e848b459d87bc49 I think that these folder are created when the installation on the update fails but my problem is in order to delete them I have to put myself as propietary of the folder manually, Is there any way to delete them automatically? sgr wrote: :: hello, :: :: I've some computers with XP SP3 which after install some updates :: appear "strange folders". F...

Linking and Updating Word Text
I created a template in Publisher, including text, titles, pictures, etc. I have 13 separate Word docs that people are changing and updating. The text from the 13 documents needs to link into that Publisher template, to creat 13 new Publisher files. I need to accomplish two goals: a) 13 consistant looking Publisher files, that are, b) easily updated from the Word docs through link updates (or whatever.) I've only been able to bring over embedded objects from Word as pictures. Thank you. In Publisher, create a text box, right-click, click change text, click text file, browse t...

Updating Internet Information #3
I have Microsoft Money 99 which I use mainly to do my yearly taxes. Until this year, I have been able to update the tax worksheet by downloading (clicking on "Update Internet Information"). When I click this now, I get a dialog box: Money 99 Online Connection Summary, indicating "Product Information. Money was unable to complete the operation. The internet, banking or brokerage server you were trying to contact encountered an error. Please try your call again later. (SMC)" I have tried this several times and received the same message in the last month. Can ...

Re: Suggest Name Now Not Working
"Karl Burrows" <kfb1@spambellsouth.net> wrote in message news:... > My bad, it's the automatic name checking I use, not the suggest name. I get > confused between the two. Name checking is the one you get the red or green > underline squiggle to right-click and complete the email address. > > It's been a long week! > > PS Just got your Outlook Programming book. > > "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message > news:OIBsc8XgEHA.3864@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > > Did you check your setting in T...

how do i open spreadsheet from e-mail
i have win xp home edition. Have a time sheet e-mailed to me. To open it I am told win needs to Know Who created it. Then it tells me microsoft exel but i have no idea what to do next! Do you have Excel installed on your computer? It is a component of MS Office suite and does not come as part of Windows OS. Do a file search for excel.exe and see if you can find it. If not, download and install the Excel Viewer from.... http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/xlviewer.aspx You will be able to view and print Excel worksheets. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 19:11:01 -0700...

Not updating automatically
I've got M05 configured to automatically update from my bank (BankOne) every day. I've got my Passport set up, etc, etc, but Money never downloads until I actually start it and hit download. Why the heck won't it download in the background (DSL connection, and computer on 24x7)? One more thing -- I don't see the background process running that others are complaining about! How can I make it start? "Pilar" <noone@home.com> wrote in message news:eCfSx33JFHA.2704@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I've got M05 configured to automatically update from my...

Newbish question re. Out of Office Assistant sequence
Hi all, I'm the sort-of administrator in the office (I know enough to get by, but I'm far from an expert). My employer in our very small company wants to start using the Out of Office Assistant to reply to external as well as internal addresses, which I think I've figured out how to do. I'm concerned about spam, though. We have some very good Trend Micro spam blocking software that has blocked 99.9% of all the spam we've gotten in the last six months. I'm not sure how the sequence works, though. Does the Trend Micro spam blocker have a chance to "swat&quo...

Money 2004, Citibank, Auto Update Stopped Working
Hi I use Money 2004 Dlx to download transactions from my Citibank Credit card accounts. It was working perfectly fine till last month. Now, Money is not able to download the transactions from one account. Interestingly, it has no problem downloading the transactions from other account. BTW, both accounts have different user ID's. I tried to solve this issue thru "modify services". It does connect to my account as it detects the right CC number, but nothing happens after that. I would really appreciate your suggesions to solve this issue. Thanks In microsoft.public.m...

Recipient update weirdness for policies, mailbox management actions
One of my questions will be whether I can anticipate any changes in 2003, with respect to the issue below. Situation: One exchange server, domain integrated Build 6249.4 SP3 Mailbox management running briefly each evening, sending me a report Recipient update services "always run" Four recipient policies: - User addresses (I'm not sure why my colleague set this up; it's much like the default but with a much more specific filter) - IP literal with brackets (for RFC compliance, as I recall) - Clear junk, deleted folders (this is the one at issue in this post) - Default poli...

How do I stop a spreadsheet from Auto-publishing as a web page?
A colleague has taken a copy of a Excel file which was set to automatically publish as a web page each time the xls was saved. The copy is in a completely different location and is going to be put to a different use, however it is still trying to auto-publish when saved. Consequently, it is coming up with an error. The error dialog has 'dont show me this again' type checkbox, but I'd rather remove the problem rather than hide it. How do I stop the auto-publishing? Thanks Chris ...