Re: Saving CSV in Unicode?

 I'm using Excel to write a CSV in UNICODE. If I simple save this file then
 all the unicode text is converted to ASCII '???' things. So I specify the
 file name like "test.csv" and specify "UNICODE Text" in FileType.

 Now when I open the file in Notepad, I find no comma but TABS as separator.
 If I open the file in Excel, it prompts me to select delimiter with which
 the file was saved. If I select anything except "Tab" then all the data is
 shown in single column that I've to break using "Text to Column" Feature.
 And you know my client won't like this way of writing, saving and opening
 CSV files.

 Is there a way to directly save CSV files in Unicode through Excel?
 Is there some way to specify "Delimiter" (except than TAB) while saving CSV
 in Unicode? (I don't find to set Default Delimiter)

 TIA

 Asim Hussnain
 IPA (pvt) Ltd.

0
Asim
9/24/2003 5:19:25 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Saving Queries from Address Book Views
I am working on a test machine with at least 40 custom search queries in Address Book View for the current profile; I would like to get a copy of 40 custom queries and apply to another system without having to re-write it again. Anyway to export queries from Address Book Views? OR Where is the location that keeps these queries? Prefs? Hoping if copy and paste query file on other machine would work. Thanks in advance. ...

Re: auto accept utility
An MVP not recommending MS AutoAccept Agent, tsk tsk. I am using http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=3D0884E6-C603-491D-BF57-ACF03E046BFE&displaylang=en and it works great, love the return codes for automated reply processing. --Kevin Exchange Admin and All Around Windows Monkey In the last exciting episode, "Kevin Queen" <kqueen@cedardoc.com> wrote: > > An MVP not recommending MS AutoAccept Agent, tsk tsk. I am using http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=3D0884E6-C603-491D-BF57-ACF03E046BFE&displaylang=...

Autotext can't be save after restart in Outlook 2003
Dear All, I have this issue for on my outlook 2003, everytime when i have create my own autotext, it will be lose whenever i restart my outlook. I have patch my Outlook to SP2 but still it doesn't help. Currently i'm using Exchange 2003 for my Outlook. Have anyone of u come across this issues too?? I hope somebody can come to resolve this probs! Thx Mick ...

Dealing with Unicode variants and CString
Hello. Does anyone know if the MFC support UTF-8 and UTF16BE? When reading through Unicode topics in the MSDN Library, all I could figure out was the fact that WCHAR is 16bit long. My concrete problem is the following: I get a byte array filled with character content from an input stream, but don't know it's encoding type before application execution. So the content could be ASCII, UTF-16, UTF-16BE or UTF-8. However, I can find out the encoding type by a flag byte that I obtain from the stream. After retrieving the byte array and finding out the encoding type I'd like to c...

Will Exmerge create duplicates in PST files if I re-run it
Exmerge completed with a lot of errors because I forgot to shut down our AV software. If I re-run it again after disabling the AV software, will it create duplicates in the PST files created the first time I ran it? Thanks. Kevin Im not sure about PST files, why not delete them and start over? And if you archived them, merge them back into the inbox then pull them out properly. "Kevin" wrote: > Exmerge completed with a lot of errors because I forgot to shut down our AV > software. If I re-run it again after disabling the AV software, will it > create duplicate...

save worksheet to another closed workbook
Hi, I have a 'time sheet' worksheet part of workbook that I use each wee to document employees time. There maybe 10-15 time sheets, I would lik to have each sheet added to a workbook named by the weekending. I am able to create the weekending workbook, rename and save the firs sheet to it with the jobname, but I am having trouble writing the "i exist then or else statement to append the next sheet(s) to thi workbook. Any help is appreciated, thanks.. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Pulled Over Links Not Saving
Dear All, I Was Woundering if some would could me with a slight Issue I Have, Which to Forms. Regarding With Linking. Situation Form "Projects_QSearch" and form "Projects_Analysis" The Q Search Form Opens a Form Where its Displays the Projects Details of Projects Number IE Q559807 When I Open the Q Search Form The Results are there! Then What I Have Is a Project Analysis Forms Which Can Be Open from this form, and have Extra Additonal Fields Which is Saved into a Seperate Table. But There's about 10 Fields The Same in this Form, So instead of the User Having to ...

Excel creating random file names when saveing.
Not quite sure if this is the correct group. But we ae using Excel 2003. I have created some simple excel files and they work fiine. I copied them out to the network, the useser started using them and they worked fine except each time they click save it saves the file and creates a random file like: 7D26D100 7FB5D100 0428D000 A4AA5000 and so forth. I can go in and delete files and everthing still works fine. I can rename the random file to *.xls and it opens as and Excel file. If I copy the orginal file to the desktop the random file name is not created when I save. Any Ideas? Tha...

save three text boxes as one picture
can anyone help What version? In earlier version, select all, copy, paste special, picture... Publisher 2002-03, File, save as, files of type, scroll down to the image formats... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "tjones47" <tjones47@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EF63E45-40F1-4BE6-B7B1-F9C04396325F@microsoft.com... > can anyone help tjones47 <tjones47@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > can anyone help What version of Publisher are you using? ...

How do I save Notes in Outlook Contacts?
I've added Notes into Contacts in Outlook 2007, saved them, but the Notes disappear. Any suggestions on what might be wrong? ...

Re: A real stumper
Oh yeah! I've remembered more!!!! You so hate me, don't you? I have TWO SEPARATE COPIES of Office 2000, one's the original, and one's SP1!! Neither one work! And the Program Compatability Wizard doesn't, either. And Outlook is set as the default mail and newsgroups client in IE, and default mail in the Start menu. Is there maybe an Allow Unsolvable Problems option in XP that I've got checked off by accident or something? :-) -- Impenetrable ...

how do i save my exel document so that i can read it
what is the correct way to save excel worksheets, and word documents when i open either one i get unreadable characters Save as Excel workbook and Word document. How are you currently saving? How are you opening them that gives you unreadable characters? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 13:42:03 -0700, smokey <smokey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >what is the correct way to save excel worksheets, and word documents >when i open either one i get unreadable characters ...

How do I set interval for automatic save? (not auto recovery)
Dee, From a previous post by Dave Peterson: If you're running xl2k or earlier, install the autosave addin via windows|Start button|settings|control panel|Add or remove programs If you're running xl2002+, then if you can find a copy of the autosave addin from an earlier version, it should work ok. But xl2002+ has something called autorecovery. It's not the same as autosave, but will allow you to recover files if excel/windows crashes. As an alternative, you may want to consider using Jan Karel Pieterse's addin called AutoSafe (note spelling). It doesn't overwrite ...

timer to save query results to file
Hi, I'm trying to run timer every morning to save query results to a file. How can I run the query so that I can automatically save the query results and save it with format <query_name>date? Results will be saved to excel. Br, Miikka Modify the query before you run it, Private Sub test() Dim qry As QueryDef Dim db As Database Dim strSQL As String Set db = CurrentDb Set qry = db.QueryDefs("query1") strSQL = "SELECT tblLevels.Level, tblLevels.LevelDesc, tblLevels.LeveNotes, tblLevels.Passed INTO query1" & DatePart("m", Date) & _ DatePart...

Open CSV file by double-click on explorer all data in one column
Hi, I have a Windows NT with Excel 97. I have a very simple csv file containing: 1;2;3 When I open this test.csv file from File->Open in Excel it renders the data in three different columns. If I open the file by double-clicking in explorer it launches Excel and the data if confined in the first column. It seems as if it doesn't do the same when opening in both ways. Any hint? What do you have for your windows list separator? Close excel windows start button|settings|control panel|Regional and language options Click the customize button Numbers Tab List separator Make sure it ma...

Desktop background not saved in roaming profile
Recently noticed that our Desktop backgrounds are not being saved in each users roaming profile. These are all XP SP3 workstations on SBS2003 with roaming profiles. Is this the same for everyone? Nick custom bitmap backgrounds will roam just fine. If the background is a jpeg, however, whether it is a default or a custom uploaded picture, that background will not roam. The reason is that windows XP does not actually display jpeg backgrounds at all. The tech behind desktop wallpapers is only capable of displaying bitmaps. So when a jpeg is selected, windows converts ...

Linking spinbix or combo box, etc. to saved scenarios in spreadsheet
Excel 2002 SP3 Win XP Pro SP2 Hi, How do I create and link a spinbox or combo box or similar object to scenarios I created and saved in a spreadsheet? I know how to link macros or lists (names), etc., to such objects but not scenarios.... ...

HOWTO Programmatically save emails in Outlook from an EXE.
HOWTO Programmatically save emails in Outlook from an EXE. Please help, My company is trying to make Outlook programmatically save emails to file. Emails that are selected by the user in Outlook, AND an email a user has currently open. We want to do this from an external EXE, where the EXE would be run by the user, and activate when a Hot-Key was pressed. We believe the best hope is IAccessible to some interface in Outlook. I know Outlook supports IAccessible, and from an external EXE, one can use Outlook's HWND or even AccessibleObjectFromPoint to get the IAccessible object of Ou...

How to get the item having unicode string in selected mode by pressing starting characterin a ListBox?
Hi all, I created one unicode enabled listbox extending from CCheckListBox. As like simple VB list box I am not able to select the string by pressing the first character of the unicode string. Listbox style is of LBS_OWNERDRAWFIXED|LBS_HASSTRINGS type. By enabling IME mode i want to select that string. Can anybody tell me how to achieve that? ...

Saving charts in Excel 2007 so compatible with earlier versions
Charts made in Excel 2007 change format when put into Word and are saved so that compatible with earlier versions In article <B9D9C466-7E06-4ABF-ADAD-4C7C139310C7@microsoft.com>, gill@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Charts made in Excel 2007 change format when put into Word and are saved so > that compatible with earlier versions > Not quite sure what your point is. Charts in 2007 are totally different from prevous versions. They support far better formatting capabilities. I imagine all the enhanced features will be lost when a workbook is opened in a version/prog...

We're Giving Away RANGE ROVERS when You Join FREE #2
As one of the Nets TOP Millionaires I never do free opportunities. A good friend of mine and fellow top earner showed me a check from this free opportunity that was so big it paid for a 2008 Range Rover and his 6000 Sq Ft House. I was shocked. I said you kidding right? He Wasn't. He just threw up banners on safelists and ad sites. I had to try it since it was free.I did and got a check for 10 Grand! Listen To this Amazing Audio: http://www.byoaudio.com/play/WpmTgFBk Go to my website and lock your position in TODAY: http://www.watchthemoneyonline.com ...

Post Through General Ledger Files Will not Save
My accounting department is trying to set the "Post Through General Ledger Files" setting in the Posting Setup window. They click it and save but when they go back into it, the setting is unchecked again. We are running version 9.00.0365 Hi Jason, I'm not a big fan of the design of the Posting Setup window, so I suspect that your users are running into the issue I've seen elsewhere. When the users open the Posting Setup window, make sure that they *always* select BOTH a Series AND an Origin. If you do not select values in both of those drop down lists, t...

Saved email messages
I would like to change the location of where my windows mail saves my email messages to. How do I do this? Also, once changed, will all of my previously saved emails be moved as well, or do they have to be moved seperately (if so, what are the steps for that?)? Thanks. Tools - Options - Advanced - Maintenance - Store folder All messages in WM will be moved (actually copied). -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:878206FC-E772-4F09-AA06-591111...

import csv file to RMS HQ
Hi, I have 873 pages that I need to import to HQ. what do I need to import this file? can I do from HQ? if I can, How? thanks Jose -- Reynold Cycle HQ has no built in Import functions (nor does SO). MS has an UNSUPPORTED import utility called QSImport, but this is for SO, not HQ. Speak to your reseller or open a support request on Customer Source to get this utility - or search the newsgroup, I'm sure you'll find a link to it. RMS is built on SQL Server, so there are MANY generic import tools that you can use to load data, but you would have to make sure it is done correctly...

RE: URGENT!! Enquiry regarding CRM problem
Hi! Thanks for directing to Techknowledge... However, I am sorry that I couldn't find the techknowledge in the whole Microsoft website...Would you mind pls forwarding me more info.? A Million Thanks >-----Original Message----- > >Look for Techknowledge 34755. >-----Original Message----- >Hi all, > >After installing the CRM, I encountered some problem while trying to access >thorugh web services, in which the following error returns: > > >********************************************************** ** >MSCRM Application Error Report: &g...