RE: How do I get my new dialog box to invoke when I press New Menu Item

Hi All,

1. Machine and OS specifications

    I have Windows XP running Office XP Standard Edition.  These software
packages are installed on my dell Inspiron laptop.  I have 128 MB RAM with a
40 GB HardDrive.

2.  Problem

    In excel, when I pressed the New menu item, a dialog box would appear
displaying all of the known templates.  Now, only a new worksheet appears.
I would like for the dialog to appear again.  Can someone tell me how to get
the dialog box back displaying all of my templates?

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

d,

The default New button has always generated a new workbook, no dialog box.
There's another New button you can replace it with that does present the
dialog.  Go into Customize (View - Toolbars - Customize).  Now all buttons
are open for tinkering - none is active.  Drag the existing New button off
the toolbar.  In the Commands tab, File category, drag the New button up to
the toolbar.  Close Customize.

A shortcut for View - Toolbars is to right-click any command bar (toolbar or
menu bar).
--
Earl Kiosterud

"dmoss22922" <dmoss22922@email.msn.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> 1. Machine and OS specifications
>
>     I have Windows XP running Office XP Standard Edition.  These software
> packages are installed on my dell Inspiron laptop.  I have 128 MB RAM with
> 40 GB HardDrive.
>
> 2.  Problem
>
>     In excel, when I pressed the New menu item, a dialog box would appear
> displaying all of the known templates.  Now, only a new worksheet appears.
> I would like for the dialog to appear again.  Can someone tell me how to
get
> the dialog box back displaying all of my templates?

0
nowhere8060 (363)

Fax Icon on my File menu and toolbar

How can I get 32-bit Integers?

INTERNET MILLION DOLLARS
INTERNET MILLION DOLLARS - www.InternetMillionDollars.biz Watch the VIDEO on YOUTUBE... NOW! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXQUjk5EGV0 MAKE MONEY INSTANTLY using 2007 featured INTERNET MILLION DOLLARS as a resource. WORK FROM HOME HOMEBASED JOBS AND IDEAS BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY Professor James Bradley's "Quick and real way to make BIG MONEY on the Internet!" The Independent Finally you have FOUND IT! Make a FORTUNE each month... .... every month! 100% ON AUTOPILOT Read it NOW and CHANGE YOUR LIFE! Are you fed up with being short of MONEY all the time? Do you DREAM about a...

Re-install Outlook 2002

How do you delete an Assembly Item?
I have an assembly item code, and I want to delete it to make it inactive. I cannot find any help on this, nor can I actually FIND the assembly item. Please help!! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0461_01C6F844.55DE89B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Nutribodies, You can't make an Assembly inactive as its not really an item, just a = reference to a group of items. You can delete it though. One way of finding items is by their Item type. Click on the Item Type = column header and th...

Re: teach me how to send friends email

can I snap wrap points to a text box

context Menu
Hello I have a Inherited Text Box I have Created a ContextMenu() for the class Now when i Use the Text box in the Code I can Add items to the Context Menu When i Show the form and Textboxes all is fine even when i right click the text box and i do see my option.... The Problem i having is i have 6 Textboxes Representiong 6 Different Physical Drive or unc Paths on the network so when im in the ContextMenu Event , I Cant See which TextBox Control owns this specific Context Menu Any Help thank you On Feb 9, 2:47=A0pm, "msnews.microsoft.com" <dvs_...@...

getting started
I'm installing office 2003, outlook, I'm lost from server type to URL address to server info? I have sbc yahoo dsl. can you help me? damselindistress <damselindistress@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm installing office 2003, outlook, I'm lost from server type to URL > address to server info? I have sbc yahoo dsl. can you help me? When you obtained your packet from SBC, they included all that information. Moreover, it's in the Help section of SBC Yahoo's site. The most likely settings are "pop.sbcglobal.yahoo.com" for the incoming serv...

how do you get a landscape page?
Please help, desperate! If you are using 2010, Page Design tab, Size, More pre-set page sizes. Letter landscape is the first choice. In all other Publisher versions landscape will be on the page setup screen found in the File menu. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "becky.x" <becky.x@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25D3EDBC-93EF-4582-94B2-83C9CE121E17@microsoft.com... > Please help, desperate! ...

Setting Defaults in New Item Wizard
How can I set a default value in the New Item Wizard? I want to always use a barcode type that is about 10 down from the top and I want Taxable Item to always be checked. Help... Good question, I need an answer too. "A StanTech Associate" wrote: > How can I set a default value in the New Item Wizard? I want to always use a > barcode type that is about 10 down from the top and I want Taxable Item to > always be checked. Help... You can set the default sales tax under Manager, File, Configuration, Sales Tax, Default item tax group. To set a default barcode type yo...

Refreshing list boxes
Hi, I have created a database so that mulpile users can add detailss to the table - tblDetails from the form frmDetails or amend details in form frmAmend. I have a list box on the main page frmMain which has a list box lstSearch which shows all the records in the database. When users add new record to the database other users cannot see the added records unless the move to another section in the datbase and the return to the main page thus refreshing the list box. Can anyone tell me if there is a way I can put a "Refresh" button on the main page that updated the list box if the use...

Items for review wont show up
I am using MS Money 2004 Small Business. My checking account balance is downloaded each day from my bank. For the last couple days, it continues to download transactions, and tells me that there are now 8 items to review, but when I open up the account, nothing is bold faced to review. On the pane to the left, it still lists 8 items to review. I even went to the bank website and downloaded in the most recent transactions, but this only made the list of items to review larger. I still can't accept any of them. I have tried a quick repair. I also tried restoring the back up, bu...

Can't create the item #2

mysession & deleting a line item on the pos screen
I want to automatically have my dll delete a line on the pos screen. So I have tried to do a myssion.transaction.entries(1).Delete and other sorts of things. Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this? Thanks in advance for any help on this. Hi, Use code like this: For Each item In mysession.Transaction.entries If FindItem(item.item.id, item.quantity, item.item.description) Then mysession.Transaction.entries.remove(item) End If Next "ClothingStore" wrote: > I want to automatically have my dll delete a line on the pos screen. ...

new activity not in the appropriate queue
Help! I installed the Rollup 3 for MS CRM 4 and since then all created activities are redirected to the users assigned folder in queue and not in progress(my current activities) folder! It's not logical because a new activity is not yet assigned to a different user to be in the assigned folder !! I can't believe this is on purpose and I DON'T have a workflow on this. Can someone tell me how to fix this? ...

PO Return for uninvoiced item
We're trying to process a return against a PO line that was received in error. The receipt has not been matched to an invoice, and won't be since it was our mistake to receive it in the first place. There has been no further inventory or sales activity on the item since the PO receipt. When I try to enter a 'Return', the specific receipt transaction doesn't show. If I enter 'Return with Credit' then it does show. Since we won't be invoiced I'd rather not create a credit on the vendor account, but there doesn't appear to be an option at this poi...

UNABLE TO FWD ITEMS TO DELETED ITEMS
Can't delete an item from the inbox or anywhere else except the DELETED box. Receive the error: The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists restart Outlook. Last date known that could successfully delete items 12/12/03. Don't know what happened at the time as I was called in after the event. Have restarted Outlook - no luck. Checked Knowledge base - recommended installing SP1. As it already exists on ws,won't let me overide existing SP1. Possible causes as per Knowledge base not the causes in this instance. Does anyone have any suggestion...

Result in message box
HI, this is second time iam posting this ,,kindly help me a form contains button which runs a query like select count(field1) from table t1 ... then normally we will get a spread sheet window containing result in a single cell, let say answer is 85. now when command button is clicked then a message box should appear displaying the result 85.. please give coding also if required..... thanks naveen prasad wrote: > HI, > this is second time iam posting this ,,kindly help me > What was wrong with the reply you've already received? Please reply in your origina...

hyperlink open in a new page
After reading all the other posts, and inserting "HTML Code Fragment" here's my prob. I don't want folks to see the actual HTML text. I got a pic of a calendar, and, I want it to simply open my yah00 calendar in another window. I've figured out how to patch a pic to a link, but (of course) I want it to open in a new window, again, without the HTML text being visible. What am I missing? Reference: Create a hyperlink in Publisher that opens in a new window: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA011587451033.aspx Use the ECMAScript code approach, and insert ...

ANN: New version of Database Workbench, the multi-DBMS IDE now available!
Ladies, gentlemen, Upscene Productions is proud to announce the next version of the popular multi-DBMS development tool: " Database Workbench 4.0 Pro" With this version we're reached a milestone: Database Workbench is now fully Unicode enabled and offers new tools to increase your productivity. There have been numerous improvements to existing tools and the user interface making it even better than before. For more information, see http://www.upscene.com/ Database Workbench supports: - Borland InterBase ( 4.x - 9.x ) - Firebird ( 1.x, 2.x ) - MS SQL...