Re: Function to copy data from a variable range?

I have a sheet with about 20,000 lines of data.

From that sheet I am looking to group the data based on a parameter,
into multiple different sheets. ie: If the category is "1" copy all
that lines data into sheet A, If the category is "2", copy all the
lines into sheet B.

The problem is, the number of lines for each acatgeory type is not
always the same. Some categories may only have 1 or two lines, other
may have 200-300.

Is there any type of function for this?

Thanks!
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Doable but why not just use data>filter>autofilter

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
<cjwenngatz@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a sheet with about 20,000 lines of data.
>
> From that sheet I am looking to group the data based on a parameter,
> into multiple different sheets. ie: If the category is "1" copy all
> that lines data into sheet A, If the category is "2", copy all the
> lines into sheet B.
>
> The problem is, the number of lines for each acatgeory type is not
> always the same. Some categories may only have 1 or two lines, other
> may have 200-300.
>
> Is there any type of function for this?
>
> Thanks!

0
dguillett1 (2487)
10/7/2009 10:42:53 PM
It's a little complex to explain, but this has to do multiple things,
so drawing each category of data to a specific sheet is a huge
advantage.

Would you be able to outline how I can do that?

Much appreciated! :)

> It's a little complex to explain, but this has to do multiple things,
> so drawing each category of data to a specific sheet is a huge
> advantage.
>
> Would you be able to outline how I can do that?
>
> Much appreciated! :)

0
dguillett1 (2487)