Subject: Re: Data Summary
From: "Ardus Petus" <ardus.petus@laposte.net>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel

In summary sheet, you can get the totals with a formula like:
=SUMIF(Products!$C$2:$C$7,A2,Products!$A$2:$A$7)
See example: http://cjoint.com/?fmkJhzVi8q

To automate the production of parts lists in Summary, you can use
Data>Filter>Advanced filter to take out dupes.

HTH
--
AP

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Data points
In 2003 I could grab a data point on the chart and move it causing the value in the data table to adjust to match the position on the chart. Is this interactive capability gone in 2007? -- Bill Mc. Yes. -- David Biddulph "Bill Mc" <BillMc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4CB16121-F648-4AE8-BDE8-E1054CB27FCC@microsoft.com... > In 2003 I could grab a data point on the chart and move it causing the > value > in the data table to adjust to match the position on the chart. > > Is this interactive capability gone in 2007? > --...

Exclude query data
I need a method of excluding data from a field in a query. One of the columns lists several different item codes and I want to exclude 3 of the codes. How can I perform a 'not equal to' for more than one code? First off, storing more than "one fact per field" is a recipe for ... (oh yes, you are finding that out!). If you have a one-to-many relationship, instead of stuffing many facts into a single field, create a new (related) table and use one fact per field. That said, even though it is not a good idea to store data that way, you can use wildcards and the "...

Saving to SMB share loses data
Hi there, A problem on several of our Macs here after updating to 10.4.3. This problem doesn't happen in 10.4.2 or previous versions of Tiger, nor in Panther. If I open a Word doc from an SMB share, edit it and go to save I am told there is a 'naming or permissions error'. I've not renamed the file - it's the same name as when I opened it and is a perfectly legal Windows filename. At this point the file on the server is renamed as a Word Work File. Upon closing the document this Word Work File is deleted. Hence trying to edit any file on the server results in its deletio...

multiple data source
hello out there i hope someone can help me with this problem. i have 365 excel files each representing one day of sales and expenditure. they are all identical template. is there an easy way for me to import all the data from those files into one page that gives me the sums? any help is greatly appreciated. mande Hi you could have a look at data / consolidation but i'm not sure how effective this would be with 365 files ... alternatively, if you're willing to use a VBA solution, you could put all of your files in one folder .. use code to open them one at a time and then cop...

Format Date in Data Analysis view
When I use the MS Portfolio Analyzer cube and use any of the Time fields, it shows up in a wierd format like "Feb Day 25, Feb Day 26 and so on...Is there a way to make it show only the dates and take out the DAY out of it? ...

I need the UNMATCH data
Hi. I have a table that have named as querie1 that has record, imagine 1 to 100. I have table2 that have 50 record 1 to 50. Those 50 record of table2 are equal to 50 record that exists in table1. I need a querie that shows me the that the does not mach. That shows me the others 50 records. Please help me. Regards, Marco On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 16:23:24 -0700, Marco <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi. I have a table that have named as querie1 that has record, imagine 1 to >100. I have table2 that have 50 record 1 to 50. Those 50 record of table2 are >equal to 50 re...

zz report missing data
hi! Ran a zz report on 12/31 but only half came out. Any way to retrieve it? The journal only shows half as well. Did you try to print from the Journal. What you see is not what you get with the Journal viewer. Even though only half of the report shows on the screen, the whole report should print. "Manny" <bogus@nospam.net> wrote in message news:%23JeONfnLHHA.4000@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > hi! Ran a zz report on 12/31 but only half came out. Any way to retrieve > it? The journal only shows half as well. > This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---...

Updating Data in Multiple Tables
Could any one advise me please I have two tables that contain some fields that are the same. I have also two forms to enter data into the seperate tables Is it possible to enter data into a table using the relevant form that shall also update the same fields in the other table and vice versa Thanks -- JohnM =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obk0=?= wrote: > > Could any one advise me please > > I have two tables that contain some fields that are the same. > > I have also two forms to enter data into the seperate tables > > Is it possible to enter data into...

Multi-level dependent data validation
Hi, I need to set up an excel sheet with dependent data validation that is multiple levels deep. ie. Select value from dropdown list in Col A returns dependant list in Col B, select value from the list in Col B returns list in Col C etc. Is this possible? Also, is it possible to set multiple values to return the same list? ie in the drop down you have 4 items. Each returns a dependent list but items 1 and 3 both return the same dependent list. Just saves me making many copies of the same list with different names which isn't a huge issue. Really appreciate any he...

Data/Validation
Hi I am using Data/Validation to provide a drop down menu listing th values from a range of cells. My problem is that the information i the range changes frequently and there are always blank cell throughout the list. Because of this, when you click on the drop dow menu there are large gaps between the choices. Any idea how I set i to ignore blank cells within the range? Any help would be appreciated Thanks And -- Andy ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AndyR's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1520 View thi...

write macro to input data
I am new at Excel. I want to write a small macro, four or five columns where I can go to column 1 and input data, then go to column 2 and input date, etc., then when I get to the end of the fifth column have it return and go to add more data in column 1. Any help will be appreciated from the experts in Excel. Thanks. one way to do this is to use a worksheet_change event right click sheet tab>view code>copy/paste this>modify to suit>SAVE Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Target.Row > 5 And Target.Column = 8 Then ActiveCell.Offset(1, ...

Great Plains has no data integrity , PLS do not sell it
we get a many problems with Great Plains , no data integrity in program , also there are many dupliacate in transactions , it is very slow , they are saying it can use by 1000 users and 2M transaction , and it is no correacr word , if use just 5% you will get hang in system. i think it vere bad to microsoft to have this progra ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open ...

Tracking service tickets from another data base.
We have a network monitoring system which has SQL database and webased interface. We need Email alerts to be converted into service tickets. (When an alarm or a ticket) happened and recorded by our system then the data which have been recorded has to be inserted to CRM database in the service ticket queue). How can we do that? -- Best Regards, Mahmoud A.Shaban Try out c360's E-mail to Case: http://www.c360.com/EmailToCase.aspx "Mahmoud Shaban" wrote: > We have a network monitoring system which has SQL database and webased > interface. > We need Email alerts ...

New re-installation
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Email Client: imap Hello, <br><br>I am living in the Netherlands and I am having problems with my iMac G4 PowerPC. I can not get this machine to run properly anymore. I am about to re-instal the machine completely. But before that I want to know what is going to happen with my registration number / product key for Office for Mac 2004. Will this be lost forever? I have bought the software package in an official shop. On my two other computers (both also Mac's) I also installed Office for Mac 2004. So...

Missing data from Outlook's contacts
I'm using a HP iPAQ pocket PC which is windows & backing it up onto Outlook 2007 for a few years now. There was no problem until I bought a 32GB 3GS Apple iPhone in Nov/2009 when I tried to transfer the data from Outlook 2007 to iTunes. I was informed beforehand by Rogers' & Apple's techs that it can be done & they are compatible without any problems. Therefore I synced & downloaded the data to the iPhone. Initially things looked good until I accessed my contacts which have missing info about my clients. I was writing about stuff that we talked about, things that ha...

Re: Sorting
It sounds as if you have some extraneous characters in the data. If you enter =len(e1) in cell f1, do you see the number of characters you'd expect in f1, or is it a larger number? Jim "CARM" <carm@atsupply.com> wrote in message news:... > Message-ID: <ce4e212dbf2649aa8f14e58acc9f0c53@newspe.com> > X-Mailer: http://www.umailcampaign.com, ip log:65.202.51.130 > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel > NNTP-Posting-Host: 22.bb.5446.static.theplanet.com 70.84.187.34 > Path: TK2MSFTNGP01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl!newspe.com > Lines: 1 > Xref: TK2MS...

Concatenate Mutiple Rows Data to Single RowColumn comma separated Data
Hi friends I m using SQL 2005 I want to concatenate multiple rows into single row with comma separated. I tried using for XML and all but what I m looking for I m not getting that My Table structure:- Table A SOANo | TaxOrderDisplay | TaxDescription| 2009001 | 1 | Excise 2009001 | 2 | Edu Cess on Exc 2009001 | 3 | S.HS.EduCess-Ex 2009002 | 1 | Excise 2009002 | 2 | Edu Cess on Exc 2009002 | 3 | S.HS.EduCess-Ex 2009002 | 4 |...

Archival Data -- Managing over Time
I am developing a set of data that I will do some research on, and others as well. My plan is to keep the source data in one workbook in a very simple format, and not do any calculations or charts in that workbook. I'll do my charts in other workbooks, and will send the source data workbook to others when they request. The idea is to reduce corruption and accidental modifications to the source data over time. Is this a good plan? Any other comments about how to protect the accuracy and stability of the source data over time? I understand I can essentially make the source file read...

How do I link data workbooks to a create a graph?
I am attempting to take workbooks from the last 4 months, each with a daily data sheet, and link Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, etc. to time of day and staffing levels. I want the final result to be charts that show the relationship between staffing levels, incoming call volume, and time of day. hi Andrea, Many things are possible in Excel & I'd say that you could probably find a way of linking all the workbooks. However, I think any "easier" approach would involve opening each file & copying the data from each sheet in each file to a single sheet in one file (with...

why no "Link Data to Shape" in Visio 2007 trial?
My 'trial' version of Visio 20007 looks like 2003. Not the same tool bar as my licensed other Office products. One specific feature called out in the online lessons is the subject line above. "About" says it's 2007, but I wonder... any clues? Hello Tank, Sounds like you're trailing Visio 2007 'Standard'. Link data to shapes is only available in the 'Professional' version. Take a look at this comparison table: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/visio/FX101757911033.aspx?ofcresset=1#3 Best regards John John Goldsmith www.visualSignals.co.uk ...

How to work with data containing ' ?
The ' mark is in the name of a person. When I tried to search the name (using combo box), the below message appear.... Run-time error '3077': Syntax error (missing operator) in expression. Example Data (Name of person): Jo'tong Umbula Thank you. eti wrote: > The ' mark is in the name of a person. When I tried to search the name (using > combo box), the below message appear.... > > Run-time error '3077': > Syntax error (missing operator) in expression. > > > Example Data (Name of person): Jo'tong Umbula > ...

dynamic chart on user selected data range in Excel 2007
I am trying create a chart 'on the fly' based on the user selected data range in Excel 2007. I was trying to use Jon Peltier's 'interactive chart creation' VB scripts. Somehow it does not work on Excel 2007. After Jon's interactiveChartCreation.xls opens, both input boxes does not work, meaning one can not input any data by mouse selection. I tried to click 'ok', but it only selected the input box. I hope Jon or some one else can see this and offer some help. Thank you all very much for your tips. This worked fine in a test I just ran. Did this wor...

How do I display summary of different cells in one cell?
Hi, I am trying to summarize in one cell, all the different shoe sizes worn through the week. my spreadsheet looks like this Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Shoe size worn 5 6 4 8 9 Shoe Sizes Worn through week 5,6,4,8,9 I'd like to somehow display 5,6,4,8,9 in one cell. Is there an easy way to do this without a huge nested IF thing? Thank you in advance -Tom tomlee4now@gmail.com wrote: > I'd like to somehow display 5,6,4,8,9 in one cell. Is there an easy way > to do this without a huge nested IF thing? you can use st...

how to: if a value is entered in one row, then associated data is cummulatively added to a 'total' on another sheet ?
Excel Version : 12.2.3 OS X 10.6.2 Intel Hi =97 I am very new to Excel, and am learning a lot, but have found it difficult to work out a new problem. I am trying to nut out a formula to do the following (I have searched all over, but realise I don't really know what my search terms should be). For arguments sake, I have two worksheets, A and B. Worksheet A is used as a meta-summary of what will happen elsewhere in the Workbook. Worksheet B is where the raw data is entered (as it will in C, D, E, etc, in the future). I have created a drop down list of categories for use in Wo...

FRX
Hi, We just start receive "This report yielded no data" on one of our FRX report. It seem the report will print if it contains non-zero data. How do I make the report to print even all calculation result zero? Also, our fiscal year ended on Feb. If I set the report date to last fiscal year, then the report will print even it contain only zero data. FRX version is 6.7. Dynamics is 8.0 running on MS SQL Server. Any idea please? Thanks Ron ...