Re: Cannot Insert Object #3

Hi all

I'm having trouble inserting a .msg outlook file into an Excel
workbook, can anyone please advise as to why I'm getting this error.

Many thanks

Badger

--
BadgerMK
BadgerMK's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31406

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

#REF #3
Hi, I'm doing a projection spreadsheet. The new months in diff sheets will be added as and when the actual month passes, ie, up to now i have sheets up to Aug. But in the MAIN sheet, I'm supposed to have months for the whole year up to Dec. Since Sep to Dec don't have equivalent sheets yet, the cells show #Ref since my formula is =Oct!A1. I want to tell the cell to get the amount from "Oct" sheet if there's such a sheet and if not, get the amount from "Sep" sheet. I tried this "=if(Oct!A1="#REF", Sep!A1,Oct!A1)" but it doesn'...

Automating Auditing of Directory Service Objects
Hi. Is there a way to automate the deployment of Auditing settings to the OU's in AD? I only have a handful so it doesn't have to be TOO efficient. These have to be deployed automatically (via script, command line or whatever) if at all possible. Is this possible? If so, where can I start looking? Thanks! On Wed, 19 May 2010 06:42:49 -0700 (PDT), Neil <neilriches@googlemail.com> wrote: >Hi. Is there a way to automate the deployment of Auditing settings to >the OU's in AD? I only have a handful so it doesn't have to be TOO >efficient. These ...

Visio 2003--Can't drag objects from templates into flow charts.
Utilizing Visio 2003 in an Microsoft XP environment, I have not been able to drag objects from templates onto flow charts. I do not understand why. ...

Re: Using alias address
Brian Tillman wrote: > Vince <vinresp*@swhome.com> wrote: > > >>We use an exchange server at work for e-mail. I have set up an alias >>that I use for receiving mail but I wanted to use the alias for >>sending all the mail as well. I was told that it cannot be done in >>exchange but I can use a POP server. > > > I don't believe that's always true. For example, I have several accounts in > Outlook where I work, all within the same profile. Only one of those > accounts, the Exchange account, uses my work address. The ot...

Inserting Excel into Access Reports

How do I change numbers to negative without re-typing?
I have a large range of data that needs to be changed to negative numbers, Can I do this in Excel? ...

time formats #3
I have an Excel sheet with a long list of times spent on various projects. The times should all be in minutes and seconds. The first time reads 2:29 and I know that is accurate, for 2 min, 29 seconds. In the formula bar, it reads, 2:29:00 AM. Another...the cell displays 0:40 and I know that is right, for 40 seconds. But in the formula bar, I see 12:40:00 AM I want numbers, but apparently I am looking at times. I tried changing the format. When I check the format for 2:29, it comes up Custom and says it is hh:mm, not mm:ss. I tried changing it to mm:ss, but that changes the displa...

how to insert borders on flyer within Microsoft publisher?
Please help, I'm trying to insert a border around a flyer...I'm using Microsoft Publisher. Thanks, Harriet Is it a clipart border, Borderart or a simple rectangle? What problems are you having? What version Publisher? Any border you insert should be sent to the back so it does not interfere with your main design. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Harriet" <Harriet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E2ED4D8-CC09-497F-A17C-44AE41F951C9@microsoft.com... > Please help, I'm ...

re install Pub 2000 problem.
Hello and I hope I'm In the right newsgroup. My problem is I've had to re install my Office 2000 Disc2 and now when I want to start publisher the message box tells me I am trying to access a program that needs the cd. When I installed it, I checked for Publiher to "run all from my computer" I've un installed and re installed, still need disc. what am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help, John :) Johnny1r wrote: > Hello and I hope I'm In the right newsgroup. My problem is I've had to > re install my Office 2000 Disc2 and now when I want to start publis...

New Computer #3
How do I move my settings, emails, address book, etc... to my new computer. I'm mostly concerned with Outlook because it's the program I use most often. I have an older computer running WIN2K Pro. I purchased a new Dell computer with Windows XP Pro also with Office 2003. Again how do I make my new Outlook have all the information and settings that my old computer has. I do have both computers connected on my home network and they can see each other. But I'm not sure what to copy over. Any help would be very helpful. Thank You, Paul The file you need to copy and re-use up ...

CRM 3.0
Folks Any way that we can assign leads / opportunities / other entities to teams rather than individuals? All the best Hany Hi Hany, Team ownership is not supported in CRM 3.0. Could you describe your scenario, and maybe we could provide some alternatives? Thanks -- Jay Grewal Microsoft Dynamics CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights. "Electronic Workplace" <info@electronicworkplace.LoseThisBit.com> wrote in message news:O0cfzAT$FHA.140@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Folks > > Any way that we can assign leads /...

Importing #3
I had a previous version of Money and just got a new computer with Money 2004. I have a backup disk made with the info from the previous version. How can I import that into the new version? File|Restore?!? <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:075a01c3d169$a360b0a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I had a previous version of Money and just got a new > computer with Money 2004. I have a backup disk made with > the info from the previous version. How can I import that > into the new version? ...

Re: Money class and Fixed Decimal Class in C++
I am rewriting code that utilized Rogue Wave Money class and their fixed double class. Where can a find code to use for this. I assume that there are millions of applications written that have required rounding of numbers to represent currency. Thanks for your assistance That's a pretty vague question. Lacking any specifications of the classes involved, figuring out how to reimplement them is problematic. I first learned how to do this in 1965. It is old technology. Just figure out where you want the trucation and keep the value in those units, e.g., cents, millicents, etc. The...

Debt Reduction Planner #3
The debt reduction planner on my version of Money 01 does not take the minimum payment due into account. It expects me to short some accounts to make bigger payments to other accounts. Obviously that is not feasable, as the late charges for not making the minimum payment would negate any possible savings. Is there a way to fix this so at least the minimum payment is listed? ...

Converting from Lotus 1, 2, 3 docs
I have a user who has a bunch of Lotus 1, 2, 3 spreadsheets that he is trying to convert to Excel. His version of Lotus is old (version 5), his version of Excel is 2000 sp2. The files convert but they are missing pages or headings or other unacceptable qualities. Anyone any advice? Michael If you open the files using Excel and save them to an .xls format in the current version you are losing data? A while back I needed to do this. I wrote an application in VB that loops through the files, opens them using Excel (add a reference in VB to MS Office 10) and then save them in the current ...

Calculating dates #3
Can anyone tell me what I should use (in the way of helper cells) to take any date (mm/dd/yyyy) and turn it into that same month and day for specific year? For instance, turn... 10/12/2009 into 10/12/2010 and 4/6/1998 into 4/6/2010 I'm trying to determine anniversary date based on start date and do it starting in 2010. TIA -- Jordon Try this: =3DDATE(2010,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) Assuming your date is in A1. Hope this helps. Pete On Jan 5, 5:35=A0pm, Jordon <jordon@REMOVE~THISmyrealbox.com> wrote: > Can anyone tell me what I should use (in the way of helper cells) > to tak...

Cell References #3
I have 2 separate work sheets. I want to copy the values of cells in work sheet A to cells in Work sheet B. The values in A are separated by at least 4 rows. Cells in B where I want those values are separated by 1 row. How can I copy the values without having to enter each cell reference indivudually in B? Is there a formula to add columns or rows such as cell A1+3 = cell D1 or cell A1 + 3 = cell A4 gman Wrote: > I have 2 separate work sheets. I want to copy the values of cells i > work > sheet A to cells in Work sheet B. The values in A are separated by a > least > 4...

Sent faxes in CRM 3 doesn't show in history
I am reposting this as I've had no answers to my previous post which is now buried in all the other ananswered posts. Surely someone knows the answer to this??? It's pretty fundamental to what customers will want. Anyone??? ------------------------------------------------------------------- I'm using CRM 3 under SBS 2003. When I send a fax using the "New activity / Fax" option within a contact record it sends successfully. . However there is no record of it stored in the contact history? If I check the fax console on the server the fax has been sent (also verifi...

How to receive a message to my object?
Hello all: Look: class A { private: XXXX public: XXXX } obj; This class isn't inherited from MFC,I want to know how the object obj receive a message?Thank you very much. what message ......... windows message? ...... your question is very unclear ....... "Lee Tow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> wrote in message news:OHJn3E2SHHA.4872@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hello all: > Look: > class A > { > private: > XXXX > public: > XXXX > } obj; > This class isn't inherited from MFC,I want to know how the object obj > receive a message?Thank you...

Equation Numbers, inserting field
I have a list of equations in a word document that I need to add a reference (the first equation in the document will be equation A, the second will be equation B, etc. When I get to equation 27 it needs to be AA, then 28 will be AB...) next to. However, I will be adding other equations randomly throughout the document and referring to the equation reference in text paragraphs. I would like to have both the equation reference and the text paragraphs to update if I add an equation to the middle of the document. I know I should use a field code and cross reference it in the tex...

Outlook Express address Book #3
My address book is no longer visible. How do I correct the problem. This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an outlook express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress for OE 6.x ...

Chart Object and Worksheet Object
What are the difference? I insert a Excel chart into PPT by Insert>object>create from file>[browse]... It always comes out as a worksheet object whether I get a chart of the data. Whereas, Edit>Paste special method clearly differenciate a chart object from a worksheet object. I know I could convert to either way but any difference? In article <CE92D095-8E17-4AD4-85B9-317AC15A13BF@microsoft.com>, Win wrote: > What are the difference? > > I insert a Excel chart into PPT by Insert>object>create from file>[browse]... As I suggested earlier...

Analytical Accounting Error #3
Hi, I am getting the error 'This record has been created since your attempt to create. Changes will not be saved'. This I am getting while I am trying to add additional transaction dimension. Any idea? Ramesh ...

what is the "objective" part in a resume?
i am writing my first resume and in the templates it says "Objective" and asks for "your text here." The problem is that I have no clue what I am supposed to write as an objective. Is it the position I want? Or a goal? (1) This newsgroups is for question about Microsoft Publisher. (2) Google for help on how to create a resume (3) I hate the Objective part. I always want to type "My objective is to get a job! Duh!!" DO NOT PUT THIS ON YOUR RESUME! (4) If you want a decent job, you'll do well to learn how to find answers to your questions. Make Googl...

IF statement with FALSE value being text AND cell reference? #3
Once again, figured it out on my own. Oh, and thanks for the repl Frank. Needed to use the ROUND function: =IF(D9>1,D9*D8,"<" & ROUND((D9*D10),2) -- jcob ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jcob2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1560 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27157 ...