Range of an Excel Sheet

I want to open a linked Excel Sheet with the appropriate range.

The excel filename / range I have is the following:

C:\Documents and
Settings\aparmar\Desktop\Book1.xslx!Sheet!R1C1:R5C2

I'm opening the following by stripping of the extra information :
C:\Documents and
Settings\aparmar\Desktop\Book1.xslx

How do I select the Range in Excel using !Sheet!R1C1:R5C2 ?

thanks,
Amrit
0
Amrit (4)
5/20/2009 2:39:01 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Command lines to open workbooks do not include specific sheets and ranges.

To open to a specific sheet and range selection you must use VBA

Name the range then add this code to Thisworkbook module of Book1.xlsx

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    Application.Goto Reference:="myrange"
End Sub

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 20 May 2009 07:39:01 -0700, Amrit <Amrit@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I want to open a linked Excel Sheet with the appropriate range.
>
>The excel filename / range I have is the following:
>
>C:\Documents and
>Settings\aparmar\Desktop\Book1.xslx!Sheet!R1C1:R5C2
>
>I'm opening the following by stripping of the extra information :
>C:\Documents and
>Settings\aparmar\Desktop\Book1.xslx
>
>How do I select the Range in Excel using !Sheet!R1C1:R5C2 ?
>
>thanks,
>Amrit

0
Gord

group/ungroup feature excel 2003
Is there anyway to permanently lock the "Group/Ungroup" feature so that it is permanently inoperative. It is a pain in the ass. Paul Hi you could protect your worksheet and uncheck this option in the protection dialog -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Paul Manson wrote: > Is there anyway to permanently lock the "Group/Ungroup" feature so > that it is permanently inoperative. > > It is a pain in the ass. > > Paul I just now looked in the "protection" dialog box. There is no option for "group/ungroup" Paul On some fine ...

moving to a cell in excel
Is there a way that I can click on a cell that will redirect me to another cell elsewhere in the workbook? Hi You could try Insert/Hyperlink. From the list on the left (XL2000) select 'Place in this Document' and enter the cell reference in the box. Hope this helps. Andy. "tass" <tass@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E5F14810-374A-404D-A1BC-1E37ECBB458C@microsoft.com... > Is there a way that I can click on a cell that will redirect me to another > cell elsewhere in the workbook? Thanks Andy - that will do just nicely! "Andy" w...

Multiple User Access to Excel File
I have an excel file with macros that could potentially be accessed b up to 300 users from 3 different locations. We would like to hav people access this file only from our company intranet site. The fil would be read only. Does anyone know if we may experience problems with multiple use access if 200-300 users are trying to access this file simultaneously? Regards, Kati -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Katie412 <<Katie412.zzbyw@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote in news:Katie412.zzbyw@excelforum-nospam.com: > Does anyone know if we may experience problems ...

Deploy Excel Macros
Hi! I developped some Excel XP macros in vbscript. Now it's time to deploy them to a unique client (only one computer). Those macros are made to be executed in many excel files, then for maintenance purpose it would be nice not to repeat those macros in each file. What are the possibilities to deploy my macros (compilation, template,...)? Also, i would like to protect my code. Depend on the deployment scenario, what are the possibilities? Thanks, Thierry Paradis. 1.st, you can compilate all your macros in a single Excel file and than save the file as *.xla, than in the new PC you j...

How do I use Excel for an eigenvalue/vector problem?
Use the Poptools add in from http://www.cse.csiro.au/poptools/ -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "mr-ideahamster" <mr-ideahamster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9A9213B-1AAB-41E2-8AB7-B7B3E93BDDB8@microsoft.com... > ...

How to make Excel Chart not to display empty cells?
I have a range of IF formulas. Sometime IF returns number, sometimes "". The problem is that chart displays "" as value 0. Is there a way to force chart not to display those empty values? IF(condition; number_value; "") Marko Marko: In your If statement, replace "" with Na(). Excel will place a #N/A in the cells that were getting the "". Excel charting recognizes #N/A and will not go to 0. See this post for more details. http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_missing_data.htm ...Kelly koday@processtrends.com "Marko Pinteric&q...

Select all Sheets Error
Hi, I tried to select all sheets in a database i have by having this macro: Sub Test() Sheets.Select End Sub but there is an error "Runtime Error 1004 - Method 'select' of object 'Sheets' failed". However, when I open a new workbook and do this, the macro works. Why? Regards, Val Hi Val You have hidden sheets in that workbook -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "dolphinv4" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:143701c4a607$2fe2c870$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I tried to select all sheets ...

Have a text box 'float' over a sheet
Dear all, Is it possible, in Excel 2007, to have a text box 'float' over a sheet so that it doesn't move when you scroll the sheet? "Don't move or size with cells" doesn't seem to have this effect. Reasoning: I have a report that is updated frequently but irregularly, and I want the date of most recent update to be visible at all times, regardless of what part of the sheet is being viewed. I'd like to anchor my text box to the window (or something else that doesn't usually move) rather than to a location in the document, if you see what...

Excel Statistical Accuracy?
We have been told that Excel statistics calculations can be inaccurate. While that may be true for precise leading edge scientific work is it also true for college engineering students learning undergraduate statistical analysis? Thanks for any enlightenment, WDA ballensr@adelphia.net end ---------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 496 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now! W. D. Allen Sr. wrote... >We have been told that Excel statist...

Disabling password in Excel 2000
Using Excel 2000 and after activating a macro in another open file, I cannot change any cells in another open file I am working in without putting in a password to unprotect the worksheet. However, I never setup a password and I do not know what the password is. I never even setup a password. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Hi Paul! See: JE McGimpsey http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html On the right hand side of the page you'll see a link that allows the download og AllInternalPasswords.xls. Download that and have it open at the same time as the probl...

csv-file-lines back to excel rows and columns
Hello, My Excel-version is 2002. I am working with long lists of Attendees for courses and get them in csv-format, so all Data are in long rows with commas inbetween. But I need them in rows and columns, name under name, adress under adress and so on. Is there a Way to convert them from csv to rows and columns? Thank you rosalia You may want to post a sample (not the workbook) of how your data is laid out. And if the data is all in a long column (not row), then is each group delimited by anything (blank row)?? Or is it x rows per group? You'll get different suggestions based on the l...

Opening Old Excel Files
Often when I open old excel files I get a horizontal "artifact type" line at the bottom of Row 1, about @ Col. B to G. I have seen this with all versions of excel - what is it and can I get rid of it in my old excel files. Thanks, webermis Does Window/Unfreeze Panes get rid of it? Jordon "webermis" wrote > Often when I open old excel files I get a horizontal "artifact type" line at > the bottom of Row 1, about @ Col. B to G. I have seen this with all versions > of excel - what is it and can I get rid of it in my old excel files. > > Thank...

Convert Word address list to Excel
I'm trying to convert an old address list written in word into an excel spreadsheet.. The addresses are basic 3 lines (name, address, city, state, zip). Other than copying each item into each cell individually, is there a way to do this more efficiently? If each line of the list is ended with a hard return, then replace each hard return with a tab. Use the Replace All function. Once the whole list is tabbed, highlight the text, click on Table, then Convert text to table. Make sure you pick "Separate text at Tabs". Then clean up your table. Once it is in a good cond...

Excel 2003 multiple files open
Some users open 3-4 documents in Excel 2003, and then minimize them. When they bring them back up, the document appears blank and all the can do is file´┐Żopen the document again to bring it back up. Th problem only seems to be happening with Thin Clients Excel 2003 running on Windows 2003 terminal server -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Office 2000 SR-1 Installer prevents the opening of an Excel file
I have Office 2000 running XP Pro -- when I click on an Excel file, I get the Windows Installer asking me to insert the Office SR-1 disk which I no longer have inmy possession. This just started after three happy years of using Office 2000. How can I return to opening my Excel files? Hi you probably need these CDs. If you have lost them you may ask Microsoft's support to send them anew -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Archiex" <Archiex@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:56BFF412-9D09-4739-9DAC-4BC80467A3B7@microsoft.com... > I have O...

Sumif using VALUE() in sum range
Hey, I need to write a formula that does a sumif with the sumrange being in text. lets say i have this: 3377 work 00:01:16 3377 work 00:03:16 3377 work 00:01:16 3377 work 00:01:17 3377 work 00:01:16 7733 work 00:01:16 7733 work 00:01:26 7733 work 00:01:13 7733 work 00:01:16 7733 work 00:01:16 When i do =sum(Value(C1:C10)) on this range, i get a result. when i do =sumif(A1:A10,"3377",Value(C1:C10)), it won't even let me do this. clues? Don't bother with it =sumif(A1:A10,"3377",C1:C...

How to apply formatting to Excel with existing external connection ranges?
Hi, I used Advanced Find in MSCRM and exported the results in Dynamic Excel file. Now, I wish to format the list using Excel's 'Format as Table' in Home ribbon, but it warns me that an overlapping external data ranges occurred and it will be converted to a table and remove all external connections. How will avoid this? We wish to format the list and maintain the external connections from CRM. Please advise. ...

Excel 97/2000
Hi, Can someone please help me with a formula that I am having problems creating? In a folder I have 500+ 'randomly' named workbooks, plus one master workbook. The master workbook stays the same (it is the one I work with) whilst all the others will change daily. The changing workbooks all contain the same information types - that is each one is a set of contact details, with the file name being the contact name and the following example data: A1 - Address 1 A2 - Address 2 B1 - Telephone B2 - email address etc. On a daily basis, the master workbook is to collect all this data,...

Excel User Conference Information
There's a wonderful conference for Excel Users. Led by Excel MVP's and Excel gurus. Find out details at http://www.exceluserconference.com and sign up! This is the 4th time it's been done - Fort Worth, Atlantic City, London, and now Marina Del Rey, California. Come one, come all! ...

Condensed Manual for 2008 Excel

Excel Files Name Problem
Hi all, can't find a fix for this anywhere. When I open any Excel document up it launches the application but then adds the number '1' at the end of the file name. It doesn't seem to do this if I open a file from within excel. Any Ideas? Hi Paul, Do the documents you are trying to open end in .xlt rather than .xls? In other words, are the templates rather than workbooks? The behaviour you describe is that when you use a template. To open a template for editing from Windows Explorer, right-click and select 'Open' rather than 'New', which is the defau...

COUNTIF Range
Does the COUNTIF range have to be a continuous range (i.e. A1:E1) or could it be a non-continuous range of cells (i.e. A1,D1,G1,J1,M1)? I want to count the number of occurances of a cell value being > 75 in the non-continuous range of A1,D1,G1,J1,M1. The COUNTIF function does not like the non-continuous range. Is there a better way of doing this. It is not an option to move the columns of data so they are a continuous range. Mike -- mluetkem ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mluetkem's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=...

Printing address labels from an Excel list
We received a large list of names and addresses in Excel. How can we print address labels from the list? Thank you. Hi see: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "jamesscarborough" <jamesscarborough@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8B13518B-B61E-4743-8E3D-6400AF99D8CB@microsoft.com... > We received a large list of names and addresses in Excel. How can we print > address labels from the list? Thank you. ...

can i add excel chart from C++ without making it visible right away?
i want to do something like that : m_charts.Add(...) in a new worksheet but i don't want to view it until i finish to mess around with it. p.s: does anyone know how can i get the Automation functions (excel9) help? i want to know what are the charts.add arguments are... I don't know how you would implement these suggestions from C++, but here's what I'd suggest within VBA. > i want to do something like that : > m_charts.Add(...) in a new worksheet > but i don't want to view it until i finish to mess around > with it. Put Application.ScreenUpdating...

Cell not being imported from another sheet
HI. I'm having a strange problem when exporting cells from one excel fil into a blank excel file. If data from the cells in the original star with a letter, then the new excel file just creates an empty cell. I it starts with a number it fills the cell just fine. both the blank and original cell formats are default. This just simple excel file with no expansive or tricky stuff to it. Please help. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi how are you exporting your data? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > HI. > > I'm having a strange pr...