Question about easy qualitative graph

Here's what we want to graph.
Categories are snowfall, snowpack, temperature, and precipitation.
We want these to be on the y axis.
Values are above, normal, below.
We want these to be on the x axis with them going from left to right
(below, normal, above) with space to the left of "below".

Snowfall=above, snowpack=above, temperature=below,
precipitation=normal.

This sounds very easy, but not sure how to plot this without using
numbers, which we aren't using.

Thanks for your time,
shadkeene (1)
3/22/2011 10:19:34 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Mar 22, 10:19=A0pm, shadrack <shadke...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Here's what we want to graph.
> Categories are snowfall, snowpack, temperature, and precipitation.
> We want these to be on the y axis.
> Values are above, normal, below.
> We want these to be on the x axis with them going from left to right
> (below, normal, above) with space to the left of "below".
>
> Snowfall=3Dabove, snowpack=3Dabove, temperature=3Dbelow,
> precipitation=3Dnormal.
>
> This sounds very easy, but not sure how to plot this without using
> numbers, which we aren't using.
>
> Thanks for your time,

I suggest that you cheat!

Put your chart together using numbers (1=3Dbelow, 2=3Dnormal, 3=3Dabove) an=
then place text boxes with your desired descriptors over the top of
the numbers displayed along the X axis.

How do I make a graph ignore zero's in Excel 98
Hi, I set up a chart that graphs changes in quantity over time. It's source data comes from multiple different places in my spreadsheet, so, to make it easy to graph, I use formulas to set it out nicely.. namely, two rows, the top with date and the bottom with quantity. Problem is, that everyday I have to copy the quantity grabbing formula over to the next column. If I leave the formula pre-copied right across, it skews my trend line and makes my graph look terrible because it dives down to zero. If I don't copy the formula, I miss the latest set of data. Essentially, I just wan...

Question about dialog.
I have an application which use several dialogs (CDialog1, CDialog2,...). CDialog1 is popped up by a fuction call as following (Works well): func(...hWnd...)//hWnd is the main windows' handle { CWnd wndParent; if (wndParent.Attach( hWnd ) ) { CDialog1 dlg( &wndParent ); dlg.DoModal(); wndParent.Detach(); } } Now, in CDialog1, I want to start another dialog by using: CDialog2 dlg; dlg.DoModal(); //failed I got run time error. Why? "kathy" <yqin_99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1129328476.748520.213520@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... &...

Mailbox move question
All, I initiated the movement of several large mailboxes 1 gig plus last night. It did not complete by this morning, so I canceled the move. They canceled just fine, and people have access to their email, but the server is SLOW. It isn't a processor thing either, it is strictly IO from what I can tell. Anyone have similar experience? Any ideas? -Pair On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 13:12:22 -0700, "TwistedPair" <twistedpair@mail.com> wrote: >All, >I initiated the movement of several large mailboxes 1 gig plus last night. >It did not complete by this morning, so I ...

Mailing List Questions
I've got a rather long mailing list in Excel and am not familiar with = all the calculation features in Excel. Hoping someone can help me with = this. One column is zip codes (5-digit). I would like to know how to make a = list showing the number of entries in each zip code. Basically that's = the question. I'm doing it the old fashion way now.=20 I upload a file at alt.binaries.crafts.pictures to show what I'm asking = about. If you can't get access to it, post what binary group you can, = and I'll post it there also. (Actually 3 files - different formats so = an...

NewsGroups Rules Question
There are a couple of Usenet groups that I find useful (like this one, obviously). In one of the groups there are a number of 'Trolls' that I find irritating. I typically generate a 'rule' for the irritating poster(s) that says (in this case) Where the From line contains 'nobody@dizum.com' then delete it This typically works but for this particular person he/she keeps showing. I browsed through all my 'Newsgroup Rules' and the rule that says delete this case shows up four times. But he/she is (as far as I can tell) is never deleted from my v...

Another relationship question
I've been working on this for some time and have yet to get what I need; I'm working on a db to keep track of art shows I apply to and attend, there are three tables: Art Shows - contains ID(auto number), name, address, Contact , etc. Application Data - contains ID(auto number), application due date, fees, year applied, and accepted/declined. Show Results - contains ID(auto number), gross sales, expenses, net sales One show may have many application data entries(one for each year applied to as well as many show results for the same reason. The ID fields are set as...

Question about CEdit and ENTER-TAB keys
I've a CEdit control inside a CDialog, and I want to perform a checkup in the value of the CEdit, but ONLY when the user hits ENTER or TAB. I guess that the TAB can be done using the ON_EN_KILLFOCUS(IDC_EDIT1, OnKillfocusEdit1) map. However, I have not been able to find an event for the Enter case. ON_EN_CHANGE(IDC_EDIT1,OnChangeEdit1) doesn't work for me, since I'd like to perform the check ONLY after an Enter, not anytime the text in the control changes. I also tried overriding OnKeyDown in the CEdit class, but the message is not triggered for Enter key. So, my question is: Is...

sample questions to be inserted for the questionnaire/ interviews
I am a Masters degree (business IT) student who is doing a research study on how MS project server 2007 could be utilized as a framework for managing IT projects for any organization to achieve its business value. For this research project I will be conducting several interviews and collecting some information through questionnaires from the organization concerned with. I am just looking for some sample questions to be inserted for the questionnaire and also to be used in business analysis interviews while doing the detailed business analysis with different levels of staff in...

Create a bar graph with three sets of labels
I have a bar chart with the following data Depth (on left side axis of graph) - 50, 100, 150, 200 etc No of blows (on bottom axis of graph) - 1, 2, 3.... 10 I would like to add labels to the top axis of the chart, showing the correlation between no of blows and CBR values. ie 1 blow = CBR 3.5, 2=8, 3=13, 4=18.... I have faked it by using a text box showing the CBR's at the top of the chart, but would prefer an actual set of labels Any ideas out there? Ideas please Hi, If the information aligns with the current x axis labeling you could use a dummy series on the secondary axis...

Quick questions on setup of 2003?
Can you install Active Directory Connector after Domain prep and Forest prep have been run? If you have run the Domain Prep and Forest prep for 2000, do need to run it for 2003? "LT" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can you install Active Directory Connector after Domain >prep and Forest prep have been run? Yes. >If you have run the Domain Prep and Forest prep for 2000, >do need to run it for 2003? Yes. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

How do I add a bullet to a note on an excell graph.
I have created a text box on and excell graph with a note in side and want to add some bullets in front of a couple of items in the text box. Chas, To create a bullet, add an "l" to the front of your text. Be sure to leave a few spaces between the "l" and the text. Format the "l" with the Wingdings font. (Format -> Textbox -> Font Tab -> Wingdings) The Wingdings font family contains many characters that you could use as bullets. ---- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "Chas. D" wrote: > I have created a text box on a...

Outlook Tasks Question
I have user's who e-mail other users of tasks needing to be completed. When an e-mail is received no option in the incoming e-mail allows them to Accept or Decline the task. Does anyone know how to enable this option? Thanks. To send a Task request the user that you are sending to has to be configured in Rich Text, double click the resolved email address in the To field and set to Rich text, of course the recipient needs to use Outlook as well :) "Scott" <scottcukier@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:08b401c3faf3$33284560$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have user's w...

Fairly easy one..
I want to define an array which returns the last cell in a given colum that contains a numerical value. Having a similar formula for the text versoin would also be useful. . -- leper ----------------------------------------------------------------------- leperm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3180 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=54974 The following array formula will return the last numeric value in the range A1:A100. =INDIRECT("A"&MAX(ROW(A1:A100)*ISNUMBER(A1:A100))) Since this is an arra...

extremely basic question about paragraph indenting
This is a terribly basic question but I can't find the answer in Word Help. How do I indent all the paragraphs of a Word document, not just one para... Michael Well, if you want *all* the paragraphs indented, then maybe you actually want to change the margins? So, for instance, that there is a 2-inch left margin on every page instead of a 1-in margin? To do that, go to Format | Document | Margins (assuming you are using MacWord). (This will partially affect the headers). Otherwise, you can indent more than one paragraph at a time by selecting more than one paragraph at a time, and th...

Double-Click question
I have a function that is called by both WM_LBUTTONDOWN and WM_LBUTTONDBLCLK messages. However the double-click behavior seems to depend on the state of the system (what exactly I don't know). Can anyone speculate what might cause this? Could it be the time limit between clicks or could the state of the system reduce this time limit? (BTW, what is the limit normally set at?) Thanks, E-Jo Define "state of the system". The double-click behavior is independent of any other consideration of system state unless your code is dependent on the system state. The only thing that th...

Question about x.y.z order
My god, I have some excel file, the data sheets have so many columns, and I need order like following, 1.1.1 1.1.1.2 1.1.2.1 1.1.3 1.1.4.2.3 1.2.5 1.10.6 1.11.1 How ever, using the excel order function, it looks like 1.1.1 1.1.1.2 1.1.2.1 1.1.3 1.1.4.2.3 1.10.6 1.11.1 1.2.5 The 1.2.5 shell before 1.10.6, how can I do it? Thanks for help. If you entered the values as: 001.001.001.002 (as many leading 0's as you need for the biggest number) Then your sort would work fine. An alternative is to insert as many empty columns to the right and then using data|text to columns|delimited by ...

free dot interview questions information
..NET database dev questions http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/net-database-dev-questions.html Some general quickies http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/some-general-quickies.html ..NET WebDev interview questions - Part 1 http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/net-webdev-interview-questions-part-1.html ..NET WebDev interview questions - Part 3 http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/net-webdev-interview-questions-part-3.html Electronic engineer interview questions http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/electronic-engineer-interview-...

.pst question
Outlook/Exchange novice here.... I have a user that has archived files to different areas on his laptop. He wants them all to appear in his folder list under Archive Folders. If I copy and paste them into docs and settings\%username%\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook do i need to rename the files so as not to overwrite the one archived file that is in there? In other words, what is the proper procedure to restore these archived files that are not where Outlook 2k sees them so that they can be viewed in his Archive Folders list? Thank you Hey, What I would do is put...

XML inheritance, question about xml configuration. Thanks

Sort Question
Can you sort a cell by color? What version of excel are you using? dwake wrote: > > Can you sort a cell by color? -- Dave Peterson EXCEL 2007 Data / Sort & Filter group / Sort / Sort window should launch / in the Sort On field select Cell Color If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "dwake" wrote: > Can you sort a cell by color? Not naturally, but see here for workaround: http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/Sort.htm -- Best Regards, Luke M "dwake" <dwake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Question for Windows Speech Recognition guru
Need advice from Vista Speech Recognition guru. (formal name WSR, for Windows Speech Recognition) The "Analyze Written Documents" feature of WSR appears to be broken. I try to keep up-to-date on three different SR apps, which is not easy, because of the differences. The three SR apps are: 1) Dragon Pro 2) WSR (Vista Speech Recognition) 3) MacSpeech Dictate ....using most recent versions of above 3 apps Without going into the reason _why_ , I would like to be able to speak the following, and have it come out exactly as shown in the two examples below...

User Form Question
Hi, I have created a user form for entering names and addresses. I want the content of the form to go into the next row in a workbook when a button is pressed. I can get it to go to set cells but not the next free cells ? Any advice ? David Can't see your code but have a look at Offset method or defining LastRow in a range. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 19:51:19 +0000, David <davidjcleland@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have created a user form for entering names and addresses. I want the >content of the form to go into the next row in a workbo...

stupidly easy question
i am having a problem creating a graph with the year on the (x) asix an a value on the (y) axis. when i try and make the graph, the wizar always puts the year as a value, not as the (x) axis... how can i make the year as the(x) axis?! thanks in advance, confused -- leppel Depending on how you've constructed your data in the cells Try to select :" Rows " or " Columns " after you've defined the Source data > Data Range > Series In: Rows Columns "lep...

Intersection point in graphs
All, I have 2 sets of data. One set is directly proportional to the data on x-axis and the other is is inversely proportional. I want to find out at which point on the x-axis do the 2 data sets intersect. I can see it graphically but I need some kind of a formula to spit out that intersection point. Any help, suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks, R.K. General answer: If we have two functions y1=f(x) and y2=g(x), we find the point(s) of intersection by setting y1=y2 [f(x)=g(x)]and solving for x. Specific case: directly proportional function y1=f(x)=ax indirectly proportional funcito...

Modify the default graph colors
Hi, Is it possible to modify the default colors used by Excel when creating graphs? We have to use the "corporate colors" and it would be very convenient not to have to change the colors manually. Thank you in advance! Andreea If it's just the colors you don't like, you can change the default colors in a chart. On the Tools menu, choose Options, then click on the Color tab. The bottom two rows of the palette are used for charting. Adjust them as you see fit. When you've customized a workbook's palette (it's not Excel-wide, but stored with the workbook),...