Pvt Table Question

I am creating several pvt tables that will be updated often with new
data.  I want to know if there is any function within a pvt table that
I can use to set up my pvt table so that only the top 10 data points
are automatically displayed.  So for example, if i have pvt table set
up to show brand name and then accounts for each brand name and I
sorted on accounts descending and only wanted the pvt table to show the
top 10 brands that had the highest total accounts.  Is this possible?
Thanks.

0
lj1 (84)
7/29/2005 9:15:14 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi,

To show the top 10 values for a field - double-click the field heading,
click 'Advanced' check the top 10 AutoShow button.

Ed Ferrero
http://edferrero.m6.net

>I am creating several pvt tables that will be updated often with new
> data.  I want to know if there is any function within a pvt table that
> I can use to set up my pvt table so that only the top 10 data points
> are automatically displayed.  So for example, if i have pvt table set
> up to show brand name and then accounts for each brand name and I
> sorted on accounts descending and only wanted the pvt table to show the
> top 10 brands that had the highest total accounts.  Is this possible?
> Thanks.

0
mail953 (171)

Multi Table Queries
At my job, I use enter data through generated queries. However it appears that I can only ENTER data in a query when it is based on two tables. If it is three or more, it doesn't let me enter any info. Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong? -Pete Pete wrote: >At my job, I use enter data through generated queries. However it appears >that I can only ENTER data in a query when it is based on two tables. If it >is three or more, it doesn't let me enter any info. > >Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong? Yes, that's common. You should only edit data ...

Prevent new pivot table items from being selected
I have a pivot table that contains accounts and reports sales by account. Users selected the accounts they want to see and save their spreadsheet. When new accounts are added to the accounts list, users do not want to see the new accounts. They only want to see the accounts they selected from a previous session when they refresh the pivot table. Does anyone know how to prevent the new accounts from appearing in the pivot table? Thanks! Tom, Use another column: Include, with values of Yes or No, and include it in your pivot table, showing only Yes. Then when new data is added, enter ...

Macro Question Again
I'v never had any dealings w/ macro before, so this is all new to me. I have a windows 98 computer that is running office 2000 and there is an excel macro on this pc that was created by someone years ago. I have to get this 98 machine of the network and replace it w/ a 2000/XP platform also running either office 2000/xp. So far i'v copied the macro and am able to run it, but its not gathering the correct info. It is collecting the correct info on the 98 machine, just not the one im replacing it w/. It looks like some of the fields are supposed to be populated w/ info in a text d...

Question on Returns to Vendor without PO & Receipt number
Our company switched to Great Plains Dynamics from Simply Accounting 3 months ago. We currently need to return some of the inventory items to our vendors. However, when we try to enter a transaction entry in Purchasing/Returns Transaction Entry, in the detail lines we are asked for the PO number or the receipt number. We are not allowed to go further or save without the PO number or receipt number. When we converted from Simply Accounting, all we entered was the beginning balance of the vendors and only the PO's which we expect to receive. The older PO's were not carried over. W...

Licensing Question with Professional Suite
Hey, I've seen some licensing questions out there, but wanted to be clear. Microsoft Reps are giving me different information, but admit they do not know!? I think there needs to be a little more training with the CRM licensing. I need the CRM Professional Suite (sales and service). If I have 5 sales people (that don't really need to get into the Service Stuff), and I have 5 Service People (that don't need to do anything with Leads and other stuff), can I purchase 5 Sales Professional Users and 5 Service Professional Users? Or do I still need to purchase the Suite User...

Unique records in Pivot Tables
Excel 2000 I have data that stores Client Invitation to Tender and Supplier Contract details. Each Client ITT is uniquely identified. However we send out the same ITT to many suppliers so each request for service is given the same identifier, eg Reference Client/Supplier Contract Name Value Status AC/001 Client blah 4,000 pend AC/002 Client blah2 5,000 pend AS/001 Supplier blah3 3,000 pend AS/001 Supplier blah3 3,000 pend When I create my table by Client to get the total value pending ...

Questions about Migrating from Outlook Express to Outlook
I'm thinking about migrating from OE 6 to Outlook 2003 and was wondering if I will lose my folder structures, rules, and address book by doing so. I also use Yahoo POPs for importing my Yahoo e-mails into OE. Will I need to reconfigure the Yahoo POPs to work with Outlook after the migration? Thanks in advance for your help! Spudy Not sure about the YahooPOPs thing but using Outlook's File menu > Import & Export command should get most of the data. You can also try exporting from OE. "Spudy" <spudy@spamless.com> wrote in message news:th1hd1ddvnto8he4fsv9mluf...

Employee Master Table error after V10 SP3
i have updated V10 to SP3, from SP1, and all seems to be fine except if I try to access the employee master table. Either from cards>payroll>Employee, or payroll transaction entry. Anytime I need to do a lookup on an employee id. Here is the message: A Get Change operation on table UPR_MSTR failed accessing SQL Data If I go to the more information or details button: [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQLServer] Invalid column name 'EMPLSUFF' [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQLServer] Invalid column name 'Dex_Row_TS' -- Doug It looks like an upgrade script failed...

IF question...
I need a formula which will allow me to accept a number if it falls within a certain range. For instance, I want the cell to recognize the number in the cell if it falls between 1 and 10. Otherwise, I want the cell to return a 0 value. Anybody? =IF(AND(A1>=1,A1<=10),what?,0) On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 19:15:06 -0700, "mailrail" <mailrail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need a formula which will allow me to accept a number if it falls within a >certain range. For instance, I want the cell to recognize the number in the >cell if it falls between 1 and 10....

Pivot table novice
As a teacher we tried a new data analysis tool this year in my school which worked really well... except for the fact that it meant manually filling in a table. I'm sure there must be a more efficient electronic way of doing it, but I'm not really an expert on these things. I want to be able to put in a list of data: pupils names with scores from two consecutive tests. Then I want to produce a table with test 1 and test 2 as the headers, and pupils' initials appearing in the relevant box. I have managed to create a Pivot Table to show what I want, except of course, it total...

Outlook macro question
I have two email accounts in Outlook 2003. I know about the Accounts drop list in new emails. But is it possible to create a few macros so that I end up with two buttons where each runs a macro that starts a new email using a specific account? One button would start a new email using account 1 and the other button would start a new email using account 2. If so, could someone please give me some pointers? Thanks. Outlook doesn't provide any direct way to change the account for an = outgoing message in versions before Outlook 2003. See=20 http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=3D88...

Stack overflow question
Occassionally when on Facebookwith MSIE if I have 2 instance of Facebook open (Different pages) I will get an error message of "Stack Overflow at Line: 31". When I click OK the page finishes loading fine. Any suggestions as to what is going on? Running: <<< System Summary >>> > Manufacturer : eMachines Inc. > Mainboard : eMachines WMCP61M > Chipset : nVidia GeForce 6100V > Processor : AMD Athlon Neo MV 26 @ 1600 MHz > Physical Memory : 4096 MB (2 x 2048 DDR2-SDRAM ) > Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 ...

Easy question on Excel...
Hello I have an Excel workbook open which has 5 worksheets. How do I toggle through them manually without using the mouse to click a sheet? I am sure I used to know how but now I forget! Regards Alex Try Ctrl + PageUp Ctrl + PageDown Regard -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Well done. Thanks. >-----Original Message----- >Try > >Ctrl + PageUp > >Ctrl + PageDown > >Regards > > >--- >Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > >. > Ctrl + Page Up or Page Dow -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi I th...

Excel template and access questions
We are going to use the Excel purhase order templates. We need to save each order in order to refer back to it. Is there a way to do this without saving each individual file (order)? Can we save in some sort of easy to locate "batch"? Also, is there a way to transfer a template that we have done (and all the data realted to it) into a Acess database withouthaveing to so much tweaking? If you have Access, I would suggest creating your purchase order database in Access and then having a mail merge push this information into an Excel template as needed, rather than going the othe...

Help to build a table
Please help me to build a table similar to this one The number on the first column will change after 16 times, it will go in sequence from 1001, 1002, etc… The number in the second column will change after 4 times and it will go from 1 to 4 The number in the 3rd column will go from 1 to 4 2nd and 3rd column will keep the same pattern. Cabinet Shelf Location 1001 1 1 1001 1 2 1001 1 3 1001 1 4 1001 2 1 1001 2 2 1001 2 3 1001 2 4 1001 3 1 1001 3 2 1001 3 3 1001 3 4 1001 4 1 1001 4 2 1001 4 3 1001 4 4 1002 1 1 1002 1 2 1002 1 3 1002 1 4 1002 2 1 1002 2 2 1002 2...

Button Control Event: question
I have a small dialog that prints data it queries from a server to a listbox when a user presses a start button. What I'd like to do is to have the data continually print after the button is pressed until the user presses a stop button. So, I guess I would need to initiate some kind of continuous loop for the data querying/printing, but I'm unsure how to get the stop button to break the loop. If this even the best solution. Does anyone have any ideas of how I could accomplish this, or perhaps a better design idea? Thanks, Marcus Marcus wrote: > I have a small dialog that prints d...

Combining Pivot Tables
Hi All, I have a data set of around 100,000 rows which I have imported into excel in two sheets (~50,000 rows each). The data is not in a format that excel can easily parse into a pivot table directly from the source - it requires some formulae in excel to be able to use a pivot table. I have used a pivot table on each of those sheets to summarise the data, and that works fine. However, I would like to be able to get a single summary pivot table from the two sheets (or from the two pivot tables). Is that possible, and if so, how do I go about it? Thanks, Alan. "Alan" <...

Unhandled database exception: A get/change operation on table 'Bat
During Edit Checks, we get the following message: Unhandled database exception: A get/change operation on table 'Batch_Headers' could not find a record. Then we get this message: This transaction was recovered during normal processing. You may continue processing this transaction. Any suggestions? You might want to run Check Links on payables. Before doing this, make sure you have a backup of your dynamics and company databases. Brenner -- www.KlenzmanConsulting.com "GPI" wrote: > During Edit Checks, we get the following message: > > Unhandled databas...

Simple question about text within a cell
I can't seem to find the option that prevents text from covering the adjacent cell. For example if I type the folling in cell A1: All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth. Obviously that will overflow over the cell B1 (if there is no data in B1). I don't want to resize my column, I only want the cell to show as much text in A1 as possible without covering cell B1. I believe I've seen the option to do what I'm looking for but I can't seem to find it and I can't figure out how to look it up in the HELP file. Thanks in advance. Rick My simple solution ha...

Some stupid questions about edit the aspx file
Hi, I'm quite newbie about asp.net & other web application. I've heared that we can put some code in the CRM aspx file. For example, we can make OnChange event to the textbox in CRM & put some code in it. I know it is unsupported by microsoft, but I need to know how to do it. I've been searching this newsgroup & microsoft.public.crm, but I couldn't found any sample. My question is pretty simple (or stupid, I guess): I've looked in inetpub\wwwroot\SFA\quotes\edit.aspx, but I don't know what to do. My friend telling me that the code behind, is under som...

Windows Pro C.O.A. Question
I have a Dell Latitude D510 with Windows XP Pro SP2 installed. It's used and the machine didn't come with a restore disk, and there is no restore partition. But the COA sticker is attached to the bottom of the machine. I have an OEM copy of Windows XP Pro with SP2. If I have to reinstall the operating system, can I use the OEM version and use the laptop's COA to activate Windows? I realize that I may have to hunt down drivers such as WiFi and sound if they aren't included with my OEM copy. Thanks Don wrote: > I have a Dell Latitude D510 with Windows X...

Address Book renaming contacts. (2 questions)
For WHATEVER reason Outlook 2002 - XP is renaming my contacts in my address book.. so when I try and use autocomplete it doesn't work. (Type in "Sha" to get the choice between Shadow and Sha'mer and it just gives me Sha'mer) So - gritting my teeth - I go in and change the name of the contact BACK to Shadow and it STILL doesn't register in the autocomplete. 1) How the (ahem) do I get Outlook to stop renaming my contacts? 2) How do I get it to recognize names in the autocomplete? I now have about 7 that it doesn't, and it's a royal pain. Thanks for your tim...

Grand Substraction instead of Grand Total in pivot table
Hello, I created a pivot table in Excel with Visual Report 2007. I'm using an Outline Code with 2 leaves : Receipts and Expenses. The pivot table created automatically a Grand Total so that $1000 Receipts and $800 Expenses => Grand Total = $1800. My accountant says $200. Generally, it's possible to create calculated fields in the Excel pivot tables. But in the pivot table created by the Visual Reprot, all the Calculated Field options are greyed out. Why ? Thanks for any help I don't know what visual report is, but suspect that it would be more a question for them not Excel a...

RMS User Question/Problem
Hello, I Downloaded and installed Microsoft Dynamics RMS, but when I first run it (for the first time) it asks me user ID and password, but have not yet established one, and is the first time I run the program! (Or is it comes with some standard user / default?) User ID: 1 Password: password Robert Armstrong RMS Systems Inc. "F.Misle" <F.Misle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B29A28E5-315C-4A1A-9490-A497651736A0@microsoft.com... > Hello, > I Downloaded and installed Microsoft Dynamics RMS, but when I first run it > (for the first...