putting 2 charts on 1 sheet.

In Excel 2003, it is possible to copy a chart from 1 worksheet and paste on
a worksheet that already has a chart?  It doesn't seem to want to work right
for me.  One pastes over the other one.  I'm thinking because the sheets
that the charts are on originally were created for each chart.  I was able
to add a worksheet and copy/paste each one onto it just fine so I have what
I needed.  Was I just trying to do something that couldn't be done the way I
was trying?

Thanks for any input.

0
strssmnky (18)
8/10/2006 10:11:48 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Use worksheets instead of chart sheets.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"StressMonkey" <strssmnky@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> In Excel 2003, it is possible to copy a chart from 1 worksheet and paste
> on a worksheet that already has a chart?  It doesn't seem to want to work
> right for me.  One pastes over the other one.  I'm thinking because the
> sheets that the charts are on originally were created for each chart.  I
> was able to add a worksheet and copy/paste each one onto it just fine so I
> have what I needed.  Was I just trying to do something that couldn't be
> done the way I was trying?
>
> Thanks for any input.

0
dguillett1 (2487)

Compatibility #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) We use MS Office on both PC and Mac in our office and have massive problems opening up Office Documents on the Mac that were put together on PC's, the formatting gets totally messed up, how do I get around this ? In article <59b777c9.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, <David_Marriott@officeformac.com> wrote: > We use MS Office on both PC and Mac in our office and have massive problems > opening up Office Documents on the Mac that were put together on PC's, the > formatting gets totally messed up, how do I get a...

How To Create UI Automation Test Suites for VC++ 7.2 Application
Hi All Envoirement -: VC++ 7.2 OS -: Win 2000,XP As i can Develop UI Automation Test Suite For .NET Application Plz Anyone tell me,Can I Develop this Tool for VC++7.2 Application ? If yes ,How ? plz suggest me for it. Regards Tarandeep Singh tarandeep@abosoftware.com Fundamentally, this is hard. There are some commercial programs out there that do this, but getting a test suite that works well, particularly in all resolutions, and is fully scriptable, is a nontrivial problem (well, let's put it this way: I would not accept a fixed-price contract to do this, and wou...

Install Office X on 2 Desktops
I have recently purchased and installed Office X on my iMac (did not register yet) I would like to know if I can also install same on my new G5 and register at that time? I can uninstall from iMac if required. Can I do 2 desktops in lieu of a desktop and a laptop? Unfortunately installing Office X on two desktops is prohibited by the terms of the EULA, and many people have posted here regarding the fact that on many occasions doing this prevents the application from launching. You'll need to uninstall the software from one of the desktop machines. You have no limitations on product regi...

setting up multiple email accounts #2
I followed the rules for setting up the pop3 and smtp accounts for multiple mail accounts, but when I access outlook express the additiona account does not recognize the password I've asked it to remember. HELP! KCB <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I followed the rules for setting up the pop3 and smtp > accounts for multiple mail accounts, but when I access > outlook express the additiona account does not recognize > the password I've asked it to remember. HELP! Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Charts #3
If I want my chart to read from 50 to 100 instead of 0 to 100 How do I do this? -- Richard Northern California Be Nice to Everyone Everyday WHERE? -- Richard Northern California Be Nice to Everyone Everyday "jr" <kiii63@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:00fc01c36813$5688d060$a601280a@phx.gbl... > double click on the current chart axis values on the > desired chart axis. You can set the scale in the popup > window. > >-----Original Message----- > >If I want my chart to read from 50 to 100 instead of 0 > to 100 How do I do > >this? > >...

Area chart
Hello- Background Info: I chart production data for new products as they come online. I have a separate worksheet for each product with daily production information. On a separate worksheet we will call "summary worksheet" I have columns for each new product (B through Z), and 365 rows with the date on each (A2:A366). If Product1 came online January 11, 2007, I went to cell B2 on the "summary worksheet" and linked it's contents to the production data for that day in the worksheet for Product1. The formula was copied down to the end of the year to grab the pr...

How do I chart date ranges with varying start and finish dates?
I want to create a chart that on one axis will show date ranges that have varying start and finish dates. The other axis is a list of project names. Example: Project #1, starts 5/1/05, ends 10/1/05; Project #2 starts 3/5/05, ends 2/2/06, etc. I want a bar chart that I can sort. Any help is very appreciated. : ) It sounds like you need to create a Gantt chart. Here are some resources that might help: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttChart.html http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=343 ----...

Swapping columns and rows in table in Excel Sheet
I have a very large table created in an Excel sheet. I need to apply a statistical formula, requiring that the coulms and rows must be swapped. I know that it can be done easily, but I have forgotten how. Can anyone help? Klavs Dahl Christensen Have a look at Paste Special / transpose best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Excel Sheet" <Excel Sheet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C5E1D1A-873D-4F9A-A56D-0C4F30257035@microsoft.com... >I have a very large table created in an Excel sheet....

How to slant cells in Excel on top of chart at about 45 degrees
Trying to make a chart and slant cells at the top at about a 45 degree angle with borders and still be able to type into it. Is this possible? ckricci Wrote: > Trying to make a chart and slant cells at the top at about a 45 degree > angle > with borders and still be able to type into it. Is this possible? HI ckricci Try Format > Cells > Alignment Tab and set the Orientation to 45 degress -- Paul Sheppard ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2...

Can Line Chart Overlaps be Highlighted?
Can the overlap portion(s) of two lines in a chart be shown in a different color, without having to manually draw a shape? I would like to show the areas where Line A is above Line B as red, and the areas where it crosses below in blue - is it possible to do this without manually drawing in shapes? Hi, To some extent it depends how many times the lines cross. If it's just the once then you can use area charts to provide the shading. http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng21.htm http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=590 This may help if the used one line as a base line...

how to compare 2 values in a report (Invoice Total vs Payments)
while running a report how would I set a message "out of balance" if my invoice amount (Table 1 ) does not equal the value of my total payments (table 2). If the values were the same then no message would be printed. Thank You Create a new command button to check the report before you print it. You will have to enter code for the button along the lines of: If [Invoice Total] <> [Payments] Then MsgBox "This account is out of balance" Endif "Rita" wrote: > while running a report how would I set a message "out of balance" if > my invo...

Help me create sales chart based on state and quantity
We have a production report on excel. It shows the details for our clients. Part of that data includes the state in which the client lives. We are trying to create a chart showing the percentages of each state( so we know where the most deals are closed) Any suggestions? Hello mr_merchant_man, this sounds like a job for a pivot table, using Average as the data calculation operator. Or, depending on your version of Excel, you can use AVERAGEIFS (in Excel 2007) or calculate an averate with a combination of SUMIF divided by COUNTIF. To be more specific, it would help to s...

Estimates Invoices from a sheet
I have created a work book that I use to do Landscaping estimates. Th system combines sheets containing client info, material cost info labour info, sight measurements and pricing info to generate a estimate. The quote worksheet contains all of the potential component of a job wheather they are used in a given job or not. What I am no trying to do is produce a client ready estimate that picks up only th row information from the quote work sheet, that is active (contain values). In other words I don't want to preformat a estiamte form tha contains all potential quote items regardless of th...

Password protected #2
i have a spreadsheet is protected and requires a password...problem is dont know the password and i need to edit the sheet! Anyone got any tips.... -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Crack it by installing this free utility at: http://www.straxx.com/excel/password.html HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >i have a spreadsheet is protected and requires a password...problem is i >dont know the password and i need to edit the sheet! > >Anyone got any tips....? > > >--- >Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > >. > ...

Outlook Security Settings #2
I am trying to use Outlook security settings. I have installed the settings precisely as described on the MS site and the settings work perfectly for me and one or two others but not for the rest of my defined group. We are using Exchange 2003, Outlook 2003 and Outlook XP. I cannot find any debugging or logging info anywhere and am a little stuck as to what to do next. Can anyone offer any ideas??? jON ...

Need disk # 2 for Home Publishing Premium 2000
The #2 disk of a (6) disk set in my Home Publishing Premium 2000 was demolished in my CD drive. This is the setup disk and since the CD is no longer available from Microsoft I need a copy badly. Is there anyone that can successfully copy a #2 disk? I will be more than happy to pay anyone for there trouble. Patsy wrote: > The #2 disk of a (6) disk set in my Home Publishing > Premium 2000 was demolished in my CD drive. This is the > setup disk and since the CD is no longer available from > Microsoft I need a copy badly. Is there anyone that can > successfully copy a #2 dis...

time line in chart
Hi How do I put a vertical line in a chart in excel at a given point? i.e. timeline Thanks Jon I know this is too elementary, but go from here: You have a scatter chart from A1:B6 (X A1:A6; Y B1:B6) 10 3 11 4 12 5 13 6 14 7 15 8 A 2nd source series is A8:B9 (X A8:A9; Y B8:B9) 13 0 13 6 giving you the a vertical line at X=13. "jon" <jon@nospam.com> wrote: >Hi >How do I put a vertical line in a chart in excel at a given point? i.e. >timeline >Thanks >Jon ----== Posted via Pronews.Com - Unlimited-Unrestricted-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.prone...

Move a particular named sheet to the end.
Using macros, how can I move a sheet called TOTAL to become the very last sheet within a workbook? Your assistance will be appreciated. -- Thank U and Regards Ann Try this: Worksheets("Total").Move after:=Worksheets(Worksheets.Count) "Ann" wrote: > Using macros, how can I move a sheet called TOTAL to become the very last > sheet within a workbook? > > Your assistance will be appreciated. > > -- > Thank U and Regards > > Ann > Barb, Works a treat, thank you for your assiatance. -- Thank U and Regards Ann "Barb Reinhar...

Help on adding values to a bar chart
Hello, Here is my problem. I currently have a bar chart that has 8 X-axis bars. I need to add 2 more to the X-axis. The labels for the x-axis are based on cells within another spreadsheet, but are not consecutive cells, they are spread apart. So when I go to add the two more cells, I can only add one. When I click on the second cell to add it to the list, all of the previous cells get unselected. I have even tried to manually add these two values in. Is there a limit to how many values can be on the X-axis? Please Help!!! Thanks. To select non-consecutive cells: select first cell, h...

help with Excel Chart, Series name
Hello, I am using ORACLE OLE2 package to print a series bar graph in excel. I need to rename "Series Name" that comes out in as a char in excel. By defual the series are names as Series1, Series2, Series3,.....SeriesN. How can I access the handle to "Series Name" which help me change its name. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks you, Bilal Bilal, Manally, you do this with Chart - Source data - Series tab. There's a series name box. Select the series to be edited in the drop-down at the left first. It may have a cell reference currently in it, or you can...

Populating work sheet combox with another work sheet values
Hi All, I have a combox in my sheet(1) which i want to populate with values present in sheet(2). I can populate combox in sheet(1) by setting the "ListFillrange"property to the required ranges in the sheet(1) (assume in coulmn A i have values from A1: A5) But i am unable to populate same combox with sheet(2) values(assume in sheet(2) C column i have set of values from C1: C10). I want to populate without using any macros. Can anyone Please help me to solve this problem Thanks in advance -- sjayar ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sj...

Displaying Sheet Tabs Names in Cells
Can anyone tell me if there is a way for me to display the Name of a Sheet Tab in a cell. Take for example I have 4 worksheets, labelled Shawn, Kevin, Mary, & Data. In data, I want it to show the name of the worksheets. So in Cell A4 I would like it to say Shawn, then in B4 I can put Shawn's data in. Is there a function or a formula that allows me to do this. Thanks for any help. Hi Maybe this UDF will do for you. ------ Public Function TabI(TabIndex As Integer) As String Application.Volatile TabI = Sheets(TabIndex).Name End Function ------ Insert the function in...

Protecting sheets & workbooks
Good morning ... Just two short questions ... a. What is the exact scope of protecting a WORKBOOK and not a SHEET ... what does a workbook prevent you from doing once it is protected b. When protecting a sheet or workbook, the user is still somehow allowed to right click on the sheet name and view and edit the code assigned to that workbook.... Is there some way this can be prevented ...? Thanks in advance, Brian a. Take a look at "workbook protection" in excel's help. There are a couple of settings that you can enable that allow the user to do fewer things. b. In...

Export CRM-contacts to Outlook Global Contact (CRM 1.2)
Hi, I want to export all the contacts in CRM to the Outlook Global Contact, so all the non-CRM-users can find contacts with there phonenumber etc. There is no support for this at all in CRM 1.2 I can do this manually. First export all the contact to Excel and from there back in Global Contact. Now the problem is the 'Save as'-field. You can only set this field by opening the contact, set the field and save it. For one contact is this no problem, for 5000 contacts it is. When I import the contacts I can't set the value of this field. It has a default value, but I need anoth...

deleting rows #2
i have200 rows in sheet- there are lets say 100 rows the title shipping i have another 100 rows with the title payments. they are in mixed in and not grouped together otherwise i could highlight them all together and delete-how do i delete all the ones that say shipping without clicking on each individual row. I am on excel 2007 trial cb wrote: > i have200 rows in sheet- there are lets say 100 rows the title shipping > i have another 100 rows with the title payments. > they are in mixed in and not grouped together otherwise i could highlight > them all together and delete-how d...