Public Function not running

Hey,
I have a public function that I call from a cell. The function is:

Public Function QuitTime(strQuitTime As String) As Date
    Dim strHour, strMin As String
    Dim intHour, intMin As Integer
    Dim dtTime As Date

    strHour = Left(strQuitTime, 2)
    strMin = Right(strQuitTime, 2)

    dtTime = strHour & ":" & strMin
    dtTime = dtTime + Range("MainSheet!B2") ' this cell contains the
value today()
    QuitTime = dtTime

End Function

Anyway, I run a vlookup on this array from another sheet and when ever
i run that vlookup, it makes all the cells in the otherwookbook that
have this function in them evaluate to Value.

Any clue?

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Run a macro upon saving
Probably a simple one - I am trying to set up a macro to run when the user saves the file via the save icon. I have the macro set up to generate an email with the file as an attachment, but would like the macro to run on save. Thanks. In Thisworkbook Module. Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI _ As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) macroname or code to run End Sub Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 12 May 2010 13:00:01 -0700, Donnette <Donnette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Probably a simple one - I am trying to set up a macro to run when the use...

Access 2003 Running Sum Question
I have a report and sub-report that have running sums, one calculating Material In, the other calculating Material Out. I added a text box to calculate the inventory on hand (=Material In - Material Out). It works, but it pulls the first running sum calculation, not the last. It looks somewhat like below. Is there a way to get the Mat'l. Out Running sum to pull the latest amount by date or something? Any help is greatly appreciated. THANKS!!!! Material In 4/4/10 250 ft Running Sum Mat'l. In 250 ft ...

Run-Time Error '424': Object required when Saving Document
When I try to save a Document from a User Form Control Button I get the following Error. It happens when you go to save the Document and hit Cancel. If you save the Document it works perfect, but not when you Cancel it. What I want to happen is the Message Pops Up. What did I do wrong & how do I fix it? Run-Time Error '424': Object required ' Save Engineering Spec 11 Control Button Private Sub Save_Engineering_Spec_11_Click() Dim strFile As String strFile = "SPEC " & TEO_No_1.Value _ & Space(1) & CLLI_Code_1....

IF function that depends on a date
In cell A1 I have a date. The date is not in text form but is formatted as a date. If the date is 7/4/04, I want cell B1 to say "The Fourth". If A1 is not 7/4/04, cell B1 should read "No holiday". How can I do this? Pointer, try this in B1 =IF(A1=DATEVALUE("07/04/2004"),"The Fourth","No holiday") -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 97 ** remove news from my email address to...

Is anyone running into reconciliation issues during year-end closing?
We have heard from many customers leading into the 2011 year-end close process asking how The Closer can help with GL to Sub-Ledger reconcilations in Great Plains. With The Closer you can reconcile your GL to the AR, AP, Cash, Accrued Purchases, Inventory, Sales and COGS sub-ledgers. Some users of The Closer have seen their closing process go from taking over 40 hours to only 2 hours. The Closer works from v7.0 to current. Please do not put yourself through another year-end process of manually reonciling Dynamics GP. The Closer is priced right, installs in 20 minutes and can add immediat...

Get run time from date time stamps
I need to get run time in minutes from between a series of date/time stamps. I have no clue of how to do this.. any help would be greatly appreciated On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 14:18:04 -0700, GWB <GWB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I need to get run time in minutes from between a series of date/time stamps. >I have no clue of how to do this.. any help would be greatly appreciated Probably by using the DateDiff() function: DateDiff("n", [StartTime], [EndTime]) will calculate the difference in time in miNutes ("m" is Months). It's not cle...

modifying the Enter key function
I've spent quite a while now trying to figure out if it is possible to modify the result of hitting the Enter key while in the spreadsheet. As you all know, hitting Enter drops you down one row while remaining in the same column. An employee needs the enter key to move over one column while remaing in the same row. I'm stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Tools/Options/Edit and select the option you want under "Move selection after enter" BTW, I'm using XL 2K and other versions may be slightly different. HTH PC "C. Adair" <cadair@co...

DNS timeout on public IP
Hi, I've just installed a Hyper-V then SBS as guest. And noticed DNS server becomes non-responsive after a while, say fifteen minutes. It is related to Remove Access service. To recover DNS: I open NAT configuration : IP v4 > WAN Interface > Services & Ports I just click any unchecked service, Service Properties window appears. I simply hit the Cancel button. Then hit OK for Services & Ports In a brief; I do NO CHANGE. Magically, DNS becomes accessible from anywhere. For another 15 minutes. I've examined Event viewer, no any clue. P...

Permanently deleting messages of certain age without Outlook running
Exchange/Outlook 2000 Is there any means to specify a rule or configuration setting so that emails sent to a specific mailbox will be permanently deleted after 3 days for example? No outlook session will be running for the mailbox so this will have to be a server side process as client-rules and auto-archiving are useless in this scenario. The mailbox is only occasionally monitored so we only require the last few days worth of emails to be maintained for audit reasons, but we do require that the inbox and deleted items box are emptied automatically so that no maintenance is necessary. Thanks...

Split function... popular topic today!
Hey all, I'm trying to get split to get all the parameters minus one (the first one). For example: I get all the parameters needed with this: NewGroup = Split(OldGroup,",", -1) Then I create an Input box and try to get all of the members of the new array (minus the first one) like this: objOU=InputBox("Enter the DN of the OU:", "Select OU", groupname2(1 & 2 & 3)) Now, I know this has several issues. First and foremost it doesn't work and second I don't know how many other elements I'm going to have. Is there a w...

How to purge a public folder
I have a Public folder that it is being used as a mail archive. How can I purge all contents of this folder? There are thousands of items in this folder and a manual delete of the items is out of the question. I am running Exchange 2003 Thanks in advance. On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 07:03:01 -0700, Mike <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a Public folder that it is being used as a mail archive. How can I >purge all contents of this folder? There are thousands of items in this >folder and a manual delete of the items is out of the question. I am running >Exchange...

Propagating Exchange Public Folder permissions
Is there a tool or more efficient way to apply/reset client permissions on a recursive folder. Currently I need to add a new user from the parent folder down to the subcontainers and add the permissions for each folder manually. Can this done with a tool? If so, can someone let me know what tool can be used? Thanks in advance. Phu phu_me_@hotmail.com (Phu Me) wrote: >Is there a tool or more efficient way to apply/reset client >permissions on a recursive folder. Currently I need to add a new user >from the parent folder down to the subcontainers and add the >permissions for e...

Average Function with Day of Week Criteria
This is for Excel 2000. I want to compute averages based on the day of the week listed in another column but within the same row. I already have the day of the week figured out, column A has numbers 1-7, 1=Sunday, 2=Monday, etc. What I want is to take the AVERAGE of B1:B200, *if* the value in column A=1, or whatever number or numbers I specify. One way .. Put in C1: =ROW() Put in D1, and array-enter (press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER): =AVERAGE(IF(($B$1:$B$200<>"")*($A$1:$A$200=C1),$B$1:$B$200)) Select C1:D1, copy down to D7 D1 to D7 will return the results for the correspondin...

How to return a number instead of true/false with an if function?
Please help =IF(your condition,1,2) eg =IF(A1=B1,1,2) will return a 1 if TRUE, and a 2 if FALSE -- HTH Kassie Replace xxx with hotmail "charles" wrote: > Please help Always elaborate on your issue in the message area (that big white space). The subject line's just that, meant to be brief keynotes on your issue. It's NOT your query. Elaborate by posting your formula or your formula attempts and by describing details of what you have (your sheet set-up, sample data) and what you want to do/happen Anyway, here's 2 simple IF examples to groove you in its use ...

Public Folder Replication Problem #3
I setup Exchange 2003 in lab with 2 different routing groups and 2 separate admin groups. Admin group A has 2 servers, one of which is a 2 node cluster. Admin group A contains both routing groups. Admin group B has 2 servers. (moved the routing group to A) Admin Group A contains the defaul Public Folders tree. All servers Public Folder store belongs to this. When I create a new public public folder on this tree selecting using any server and select replication partners it does not replicate to them. Nor does the folder hierarchy get updated on any server. It also does not replicate wit...

Need to open a public calendar (Office Calendar
I have searched and searched newsgroups but there is nothing about this. I am trying to setup a user to see our company's public calendar. This is NOT a calender found by opening someone's shared calendar via finding the person in the global address book. We have an Exchange server 2003 and I think this calendar was created there not in Outlook? I have this calendar in my Outlook folder under "Other Calendars" I already right clicked it and gave the new user rights to see it and edit it, but how do I add it to her Outlook? This calendar is NOT my calendar that I created. ...

Public Folder Deletions
Hi Is there anyway of tracking public folder item deletions? I know I can enable the medium logging in diagnostic logging but that only reports on deletions of the folder not the items within the folder. We have a few calendars and entries keep getting deleted. Please let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks Tec Public Folder data can be copied to PST files. Here's a site with a list of tools http://www.microsoft.com/technet/technetmag/issues/2005/05/BlogTales/default.aspx "Tecnik" <Tecnik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83FA6FF0-98A3-4E08-9E...

Cross-functional Flowchart width
I am having difficulty expanding the width of a functional band and holder on a cross-functional flowchart. The band widens but the outside title bar doesn't expand with it. Any thoughts from anyone. -- Debra On Mon, 12 May 2008 14:21:00 -0700, Debra <Debra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am having difficulty expanding the width of a functional band and holder on >a cross-functional flowchart. The band widens but the outside title bar >doesn't expand with it. Any thoughts from anyone. What happens if you drop a new band on the diagram, does that resize corre...

save original data after macro is run again
Hi Experts I have developed a macro which imports data from another excel file. Ex: consider I have 2 excel files A & B. I run macro in file A today, it copies whatever data from file B. say 20 rows have been filled in file A(starting from A5 to A25). I do some changes on the file A which has few conditional formatting and forlumas. I re-run the macro after 8 days in file A to get the new updated data from file B. The problem I am facing is >>> "If I re-run the macro, it deletes the data from file A. It pastes everything starting from top left cell. When I generated m...

run a userform by entering a number in a cell
XL2000 is it possible to run a userform by entering a number in a cell. when I enter a number in a cell in column "DR1" thru "DR12" i would like a userform to as me to enter qty and price is this possible Hi use the worksheet_change event for this. See: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/events.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany ~Alan wrote: > XL2000 > is it possible to run a userform by entering a number in a cell. > > when I enter a number in a cell in column "DR1" thru "DR12" i would > like a userform to as me to enter qty...

need a sql FUNCTION to show subscript with integer
Hi All I have a requirement in which I need to get numeric data, and return it in the form of string but with subscript. Eg: 1 -> 1st 2 -> 2nd 3 -> 3rd 4 -> 4th 21 -> 21st 25 -> 25th Do we have such in-built function in MS SQL? Please revert asap. There is no built-in function for ordinals, but you can easily create one. Here is example: CREATE TABLE Nums ( n INT NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY); INSERT INTO Nums(n) VALUES(1); INSERT INTO Nums(n) VALUES(2); INSERT INTO Nums(n) VALUES(3); INSERT INTO Nums(n) VALUES(4); INSERT INTO Nums(n) VALUES(21); IN...

Public folder permissions after pfmigrate
Hi We are doing an Ex5.5 to 2003 migration. We've run pfmigrate and those users (a handful) whose mailboxes are on the new server are having problems accessing the replicated public folders. I think we have fallen foul of the permissions issue where the DLs get replicated as Universal Distribution Groups in AD, but the E2k store.exe process cannot convert them to Universal Security Groups (as it must do) in a mixed mode domain. There are event log entries about being unable to convert from one group type to another. My question of course is what can we do about it? Cheers Mike I jus...

Outlook 2003; not running
WindowsXP\Outlook 2003 Last night when I opened Outlook 2003....Windows opened showing Processing failed and asking me to enter my ID and Password. This Window showed my email providers name (Comcast.Com)...and my user and Password (password in X's) were populated. I however re-entered my ID\password...same message appeared. I have NOT added\deleted or changed anything in my PC to include changes, etc, in Outlook. I have an Internet Connection, I can open a browser and go to Websites.....Comcast is not showing any email issues at their website..... Suggestions as to...

Auto replies on Public Folders Outlook 2003
I want to setup Outlook so when someone sends an email to a public folder they get a standard auto-reply. When that email is moved to another public folder with a user name I want the sender to receive another email advising them of who's public folder it now is in. Can someone suggest how to do this Thanks, I doubt the full range of what you are asking is possible using a native solution. To send the initial response, you can use the Folder Assistant feature (Outlook, PF properties, Administration tab), which would be similar to creating a rule in Outlook. However, I don'...

VBA code not running
Hello all, I imported a VBA modifier package onto a GP 10 (10.00.0903) client installation and the vba code won't run. It runs just fine on a different client installation (same GP version). I put a break in the vba code and when I do the activity to make it run in GP the code never breaks. I can clearly see the vba code in the editor window so I know it's there. It just doesn't run. I checked that Modifier is registered under Options. I'm in the dark. Any leads? Maatthias, Try CustomerSource/Partnersource and search for article 929612. It talks about adding pe...