Programmatically sign Excel VBA macro

My goal is to programmatically sign an Excel VBA macro.

I have a certificate.

I have code to programmatically create an Excel macro.

Word 2002 has access to the Office SignatureSet collection
(ActiveDocument.Signatures which prompts the user to select a certificate via
the Add method of the SignatureSet collection, which is an interface--not a
class--in the Office Interop PIA). Excel does not have a get_Signatures. Why
not?! Who cares, I don't want to prompt the user to identify a certificate
from the store anyway.

Now, I'm thinking, if I had something like SignCode.exe from the "bin" in
the .NET SDK. But signcode.exe wants to sign things with assembly manifests,
not my VBA project. However, I run Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 Tool
depends.exe on signcode.exe and I see cryptui.dll. Maybe cryptui.dll's
CryptUIWizDigitalSign can help me, but I intuit it might be another dead end.

Is it possible to programmatically sign an Excel VBA macro?
0
XPhaktor (1)
8/9/2005 11:34:03 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

As you mentioned, signcode.exe and CryptUIWizDigitalSign (which is the
API that signcode.exe calls) only work on PE's (exe, dll, ocx) and
CABs. Though I'd guess it's probably not as "clean" a solution as what
you had in mind, you could put the macro in a CAB or self-extracting
ZIP file (which is an EXE) and sign that.

Creating Reports in Excel
Is there any such thing as a Report Manager Add-in for Excel 97? I know there is one for 2000 and 2002. I don't have access to Access so I have to depend on Excel or Word Thanks Excel 97 include the Report Manager as an Add-in. Choose Tools>Add-ins, and click the Browse button to find the Reports.xla file. It may be in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Library Still Learninig wrote: > Is there any such thing as a Report Manager Add-in for Excel 97? I know there is one for 2000 and 2002. I don't have access to Access so I have to depend on Excel or Word. > >...

Dependent list in excel to create validation
I needs some info on dependent list in excel to create validation. Please find below my example. one work sheet has the employee details in two different columns(A and b) master data. Eg; sat - Manager sai - DBA sss- Manager xx - Team leader AA- Senior programmer. i want to implement the validation in another worksheet based on the above master data. Eg: This sheet has 3 columns. Designation, Employee name and Salary, Once i type the designation in that column then Employee list needs to filter based on the inputted designation. Example if i enter Manger then employe...

Macro in all workbooks
When I record a macro the option for store macro in, I chose In this workbook, there is no options for all open workbooks. How do I make this macro be available in all my workbooks? If I create a custom button on the toolbar will this allow the macro to run? Thanks To make the macro available to all your workbooks, select 'Personal Macro Workbook'. As per John Walkenbach's book 'Microsoft Excel 2000 Power Programming with VBA'... If you create some VBA macros that you find [particularly useful, you may want to store these routines on your Personal Macro Workbook. ...

Is there an easy way to filter duplicate rows of data in excel?
When I run a query and download the information to Excel, there will be duplicate rows of data (If a product went through an operation twice). I want to filter out the duplicate rows. With the amount of data I'm working with, it is too difficult to filter manually. "Yumin" wrote: > When I run a query and download the information to Excel, there will be > duplicate rows of data (If a product went through an operation twice). I > want to filter out the duplicate rows. With the amount of data I'm working > with, it is too difficult to filter manually. ...

Updating charts in Excel
For some reason, my charts no longer seem to update when the source data itself is updated. The source data cells are actually formulas themselves, but they are updating with the new information just fine. It's very strange that the table the values are drawn from have changed and are current but the chart itself still shows old numbers. The only way I can fix it is to right click, select source data, then re-enter the source data cells. (Actually I change one cell and then change it back and it updates.) Does anyone have any idea why my workbook is no longer updating cells? By...

UNMERGE two cells/rows in Excel
I copied a MS Word Table into an MS EXCEL table and some of the rows were split into two rows when pasted into the workbook. How can I get (Merge) all of the data data split into the cell on one row. Larry In a helper column enter =A1 & A2 If need a space between =A1 & " " & A2 Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 12:31:03 -0800, "Larry D." <Larry D.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I copied a MS Word Table into an MS EXCEL table and some of the rows were >split into two rows when pasted into the workbook. How can I get (Merg...

Simple Date/Time Macro
ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "9/16/2009" Range("B1").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "9:25 AM" Range("C1").Select End Sub I want to set up a simple workbook that enters the above information on the current line in the sheet. When I recorded the keystrokes I wanted, I ended up with the following macro, which only works once. Starting with the second line, running the macro puts the date in the right place, skips Column B and then leaves the cursor in R1C1. How do I get this macro to enter all the information on the current line (date in c...

How can I stop cells recalculating after macro run
Hi folks I have a macro which when run removes a couple of excess lines from a report (produced from elsewhere). The excess lines appear depending on what time of the day the report runs. When I run the macro, the links on the second sheet are recalculating, changing to the formula to an incorrect cell. I have tried the following to get around this issue, without luck:- All formulas in the linked sheet have been made absolute references using the $ for all cell references; Within the macro, made the calculation method Manual then reverting to Automatic at the end of the macro. The basic qu...

can't open files with a # sign in the title
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I just got a new imac and when I try to open files with a # in the title excel opens but the file won't appear. <br> if I remove the # from the title it opens again We've had this discussion very recently in the Word discussion group. The conclusion was that this mechanism seems to work fine in Office 2008, and that it is generally not a good idea to include special characters, such as "#", in a file name. Sorry if this doesn't really help you. On 17/02/10 2:45, guitar5@o...

assign a macro to a control button
I do not have the option to assign a macro when I right click a control button that I have placed on a spreadsheet from the control toolbar. However, when I insert an autoshape, I do have the option when I right click to assign a macro. This causes an error in that the file path cannot be found, even though the macro works when accessed the usual way. Can anyone help me please?? Hi ewan72 Press the first button on the control toolbox toolbar to go into the design mode Double click on the button you placed on your worksheet. The VBA editor will open with this Private Sub CommandButton...

Double-clicking .xls file opens Excel but doesn't open the file
A user was trying to print a directory list of Excel files not know that the command would try to open each file and print it. He cancelled the job through Task Manager. Now when he tries to open an Excel file (.xls) by double-clicking on it, the Excel application opens but the file does not. File can be opened by clicking on "File", "Open" and selecting the file. Why won't it open when double-clicking? Thanks. Check the setting in tools/options/general/ignore other applilcations (should be unchecked) "DG" <DG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Excel automatically divides by 1000!
Hello, I'm using excel from office '98 on a macG4 running OSX. No matter how I play about with the cell format, any number I enter gets divided by 1000. So, for example, if I input '2' the cell displays (and calculates with) 0.002 (or 2.00E-03, or whatever the format is). I can get around the display issues by formatting as text (no good for calculations), or by inputting '2000' if I want '2' All this is frustrating - does anyone have a better way? Cheers, Ed. Ed Check Tools | Options and on the Edit Tab check the value o...

Excel Duplicating Workbooks
Someone in my office sent an Excel file to me. When I open it two files open one has the extension .xls:1 and the other .xls:2. They appear to be the same file, I cannot delete either one without the other one being deleted. Renaming and doing a save-as only compounds the problem, I then have two more files with the :1 and :2 after the file extension. Any helpful ideas on how to get just one file would be greatly appreciated. Thanks -- luke1438 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ luke1438's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=ge...

I am loading Excel with data and doing this in VB.net via SSIS. I am using a command such as: myWorkSheet.Range("A1").Resize(mydt2.Rows.Count, myColumnsCount).Value = myArray4 The Array is already dimensioned correctly - 2 dimensional. What I am seeing is that Resize is truncating any data that is over 255 characters in a cell. Is there anyway around this and still being able to use Resize? "mgcap" <mgcap@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C8784E3-D64C-4A0A-8CD2-614DBF1A732A@microsoft.com... > I am loading Excel with data ...

Protect an excel spreasheet by script in LotusNotes
In a LotusNotes dB I Create a spreadsheet from a view with the use of 'CreateObject("Excel.Application")' Can someone explain me how it is possible to protect the sheet(s) created via script? I need to avoid anyone to change anything in the spreasheet, even the usage of the Save As if possible. Thanks, Georges Georges wrote: > [...] > Can someone explain me how it is possible to protect the sheet(s) > created via script? > [..] While I don't know the direct answer to your question you can always help yourself by simply recording a macro whily you do the ...

Word Mail Merge with Excel Data--Missing Data
I have created a mail merge document in Word2002, using Excel2002 for m data source. When I merge the document, some of my fields hav incomplete data. The only records affected are those where the dat from the Excel fields is fairly long. Only about 200 characters wil show up on the Word doc. I am not exceeding any limits in my Exce fields. I've tried everything I know to do, but can't get this one t budge. Any suggestions are welcome -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com The following posts by Word MVP, Cindy Meister, may help you: http://groups.google.com/grou...

Excel 2000
I have been using the Excel Program for several years (home use) but not to a 1/10th of its potential. I want to create an invoice for my business whereby the invoice number automatically prints in sequencial order every time I ask it to print and to remember the last number which was printed - if that makes any sense. The invoice will be a template and not completed "on-screen". Is this possible?:confused: --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I think it gets too dangerous to mechanize this a lot. If sheets are lost and have to be reprinted, you could have more...

Copying Colored Cells from Excel to Powerpoint
Office 2007: I have several Excel Spreadsheets that have sporatic colored cells. It is not done by conditional formatting. Is there a way to copy these colored cells from Excel to PowerPoint without losing the color shading? Thanks for any help!!! Try setting up a color printer and specifiying it as your default printer. You may need to choose the Paste Options button after you paste -- or use Paste Special on the Home tab to paste as Excel object. If it gets converted to a PPT table, I think you'll lose the conditional formatting. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.ec...

Right Clicking a row or a cell in Excel cause Excel to crash
This problem just started over night. It will happen with any mouse (Apple Wireless or Microsoft). It also happens when the control key and left mouse click is used to obtain the secondary menu. Excel crashes before the secondary menu can appear. Right Click and Control Left Click works fine in other applications. All worked fine 8 hours earlier ...

Building reports in Excel, for data being entered in Multiple Workbooks by Multiple users
Hello - I have a group of nurses that keep a lot of patient data in standard excel workbooks. I need to pull reports based on that data on a weekly, monthly, and sometimes daily basis. For now, I have been having them send me the data, and then I copy it all into a single workbook, and then I build the reports. But I would like to avoid this step, if possible, and somehow automate the selection of the data in each of their workbooks. Does anyone have any experience doing something like this. Is it even possible to perform advanced filters and pivots (i.e., reports) of multiple workbooks f...

Excel Extremely Slow Since Last Couple of Updates

E-mailing files with Excel or Word
I am a new user to Office 2007 & Windows Vista, having been a long time user of Excel 2003 & Word 2003. How do I e-mail a file in Excel or Word. 1. If I "send to e-mail recipient", it sends the page as part of the e-mail - seems to work easily. 2. However, if I "e-mail", nothing happens. 3. If I "send to e-mail as PDF attachment", it appears to send it to Publisher, but I can't find it, nor does it pull up the e-mail. I went to 2007 add-ins on the Microsoft site, and downloaded the "save as PDF" and I can now save a file as a...

Case sensitivity of functions in Excel
Hi, Which Excel functions are case sensitive and which are not? Can anyone shed some light or point to some resource that explains the case sensitivity of functions in Excel? Thanks in advance. Regards, Raj Most functions are not case sensitive, but you can use the EXACT function if case is important to you. FIND is case-sensitive, but SEARCH is not. Hope this helps. Pete On Jun 2, 1:37=A0am, Raj <rsp...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Which Excel functions are case sensitive and which are not? > > Can anyone shed some light or point to so...

excel 2002 opens 2 copies of file
What causes excel to open 2 copies of the same file? Are the windows named Filename:1 and Filename:2? Then probably somebody did Window->New Window and saved the file. Next time the file is opened, two windows will open. Close one of the windows and save the file. HTH Anders Silv�n "Brad Chapman" <brad.chapman@weyerhaeuser.com> skrev i meddelandet news:024d01c36cb3$794f93f0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > What causes excel to open 2 copies of the same file? ...

convert to csv using macro gives wrong seperator
Hi, We used to store excel data to a CSV file on our server to be pickup by another program. This is always done with a macro which simply executes a save-to-csv. Since installing Office2007, this macro writes this CSV file with a wrong delimeter. The file is generated with a ',' in stead of a ';' (which is defined). When we save the document as CSV without the macro (manual process) the file is correctly written... any suggestions? Try using the "Local" parameter in your macro (I assume you're using the SaveAs method): ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filena...