Problems with re-setting the last active cell in an Excel workshee

I am trying to re-set the last active cell on an Excel 2002 worksheet (in
this particular sheet it should be cell DA197).  I have used both the methods
described in the Knowledge Base article (deleting rows and columns and
re-saving; and the Excess Format Cleaner add-in).

Deleting the rows and columns does not work; using the Excess Format Cleaner
does not work either and it then also hides the rows from 198 to 65536 - but
does not do the same for the columns.

I have checked that there is no protection on the worksheet.

Has anyone else come across this problem and if so can you please help?

Many thanks
0
Ryan (208)
5/3/2006 3:01:01 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"Ryan" <Ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57D4FBCD-5CAF-4E4B-B9E2-17D3587F8760@microsoft.com...
|I am trying to re-set the last active cell on an Excel 2002 worksheet (in
| this particular sheet it should be cell DA197).  I have used both the methods
| described in the Knowledge Base article (deleting rows and columns and
| re-saving; and the Excess Format Cleaner add-in).
|
| Deleting the rows and columns does not work; using the Excess Format Cleaner
| does not work either and it then also hides the rows from 198 to 65536 - but
| does not do the same for the columns.
|
| I have checked that there is no protection on the worksheet.
|
| Has anyone else come across this problem and if so can you please help?
|
| Many thanks

0
nicolaus (2022)
5/3/2006 3:36:16 PM
Thanks Niek, but I have already tried this and it hasn't worked.  Any other
ideas?

Kind regards

Ryan

"Niek Otten" wrote:

> http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused
>
> --
> Kind regards,
>
> Niek Otten
>
> "Ryan" <Ryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57D4FBCD-5CAF-4E4B-B9E2-17D3587F8760@microsoft.com...
> |I am trying to re-set the last active cell on an Excel 2002 worksheet (in
> | this particular sheet it should be cell DA197).  I have used both the methods
> | described in the Knowledge Base article (deleting rows and columns and
> | re-saving; and the Excess Format Cleaner add-in).
> |
> | Deleting the rows and columns does not work; using the Excess Format Cleaner
> | does not work either and it then also hides the rows from 198 to 65536 - but
> | does not do the same for the columns.
> |
> | I have checked that there is no protection on the worksheet.
> |
> | Has anyone else come across this problem and if so can you please help?
> |
> | Many thanks

0
Ryan (208)

Looking for Excel Help

New to excel

PROBLEMS after updating Office 2008
I can no longer open ANY of the office 2008 programs on my Mac osx!! When I click on a program - for example: Entourage - it takes me to the Customer Experience Improvement Program. I've responded "No, I don't want to participate at this time" and then clicked continue. Thereafter, I was taken to the Microsoft Office Setup Assistant. Following the instructions I registered with Microsoft but still cannot access any of the the Office 2008 programs! HELP! "Gayle" wrote: > I can no longer open ANY of the office 2008 programs on my Mac osx!! When I > click on a ...

Question -Problem

AD Sync problem

WCF Client serialization problem

Excel button problem