Problem saving excel file

I have an Excel file which I can't save to the server nor local har
drive. When I open it and make a change and click on *-save as or sav
-*a dialog box appears and says*- file not saved-*. Even if I don'
make a change and just click on save it says the same thing. No specia
security settings are attached to the file. Anyway if someone can hel
that would be great, Thanks

--
bsimo4
bsimo49's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3702

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

The developer may have put a macro that runs each time you try to save the
file.  That macro could be stopping the save.

If you close the file and reopen it with macros disabled, can you save it then?

--

Dave Peterson
0

--
bsimo4
bsimo49's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3702
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56744

You can't save it to your local harddrive, either?

I was thinking that the folder that contains the file may be readonly for you
(and the other user).

I don't have another guess.

bsimo49 wrote:

> Thanks but Tried disabling macro already but it still does not let me
> save. Also have tried saving on a different PC and still having the
> problem.
>
> --
> bsimo49
> bsimo49's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37020
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=567441

--

Dave Peterson
0
petersod (12004)
8/2/2006 8:42:05 PM
Dave Peterson wrote:
> The developer may have put a macro that runs each time you try to save the
> file.  That macro could be stopping the save.

good idea. since i'm using the same thing. if this is the case then you
could easily modfiy it:

press alt+f11 to open the vba editor then double-click "thisworkbook"
from the project window. if there is a macro "workbook_beforesave" then
delete it. now you should be able to save it.

hope it helps.
cheers.

> If you close the file and reopen it with macros disabled, can you save it then?
>
> bsimo49 wrote:
>
>>I have an Excel file which I can't save to the server nor local hard
>>drive. When I open it and make a change and click on *-save as or save
>>-*a dialog box appears and says*- file not saved-*. Even if I don't
>>make a change and just click on save it says the same thing. No special
>>security settings are attached to the file. Anyway if someone can help
>>that would be great, Thanks!
>>
>>--
>>bsimo49
>>bsimo49's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=37020
>>View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=567441

0
m96 (11)

Help for time saving!
Hi I have got created an Excel Script that creates a Word Document. A bill. But for only 8 bill entries the script needs to much time. For this entries it works about 30 secounds. If you want to help me look at this page: www.kluesener.info/excel.html And if you find anything that saves time please tell me how I can do it better. Sorry for my bad english Many Thanks Jens ...

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

MS Money 95 data files

Excel not Access

Excel 2007