Problem Displaying Non-English (UTF-8) Characters

  Hi.  I`m having a problem with Excel displaying non-English (UTF-8
format) characters in a column.  Instead of displaying the characters,
it displays "?" for each character.

    I have selected the appropriate non-English language under Editing
Language settings.

    This occurs on both Excel 2003 and 2007.

    Is there a way to get these characters to display correctly?

                                        Thanks, Alan

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

=?Utf-8?Q?Money_2007_doesn=C2=B4t_import_bank_s?= =?Utf-8?Q?tatement?=
I´m sending part of the ofx file I downloaded from my bank. Can anyone tell me whats wrong with it? I only excluded most of the transactions to reduce the size. The beginning and end anre unchanged. OFXHEADER:100 OFXHEADER:100 DATA:OFXSGML VERSION:102 SECURITY:NONE ENCODING:USASCII CHARSET:1252 COMPRESSION:NONE OLDFILEUID:NONE NEWFILEUID:NONE <OFX> <SIGNONMSGSRSV1> <SONRS> <STATUS> <CODE>0 <SEVERITY>INFO </STATUS> <DTSERVER>20070415180930 <LANGUAGE>POR </SONRS> </SIGNONMSGSRSV1> <BANKMSGSRSV1> <STMTTRNRS> &l...

exchange mailbox system account problem
Hi I have win 2000 sp4 domain , the exchange 2000 sp3 installed on it my problem is that i have 2 Accounts for the SystemMailbox user object , down the exchange system objects in the Active Directory i know which one is the right one , but my qustion is : should i delete the other one , and why it had created if its unnessesary , also its disabled , should I enable these accounts too for any Help i'll Appreciate very much Thanks in Advance Maged N. Roshdy ...

Deleting and existing Page Tab is causing problem with other Tabs?
I inherited an 2007 application which has 5 Tabs as the starting menu (Home, Display, Orders, Changes, Transportation). The Changes Tab is no longer needed. When I delete the associated Table and Form along with the Page Tab itself, it cause the application to malfunction resulting in giving me pop up dialog box "Enter Parameter Value... OK or Cancel" and lists "Forms!home!Text 40". Text Box 40 is on one of the other (not deleted) menu pages and is used is the expression fields of the 'criteria' in 3 of the queries. It also causes a simular dialog bo...

Contacts problem #7
When I use the 'categories view in Outlook 2002 some (about 25%) of the addresses do not show. If I click on the name the address is on the card but does not show up in the address column of any category. Names, phone, numbers, fax number, etc. shows up but no address. Anyone know the remedy for this? Thanks. ...

errer
I am running XP with office 97. Irecently bought an iPAQ and installed OUtlook 2002. Now I have NO connection to the internet -- error 0x8004060c and if I try to open any folder -- conatacts in particular -- I get the following -- unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The folder no longer exists. I have reinstalled Outlook. I can see the names in Address Book. I can see the messages in the Inbox but once I try to go to contacts I can't see them again. ...

problem with address list/contacts folder
Hi, I have recently had to do a clean reinstallation of windows, and then reinstalled Outlook. I had back ups of the .pst files, and copied them into the relevant directories (local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook). I now realise this is not the way to do it and I should've used import/export. All of my data seems to have been successfully re-instated (email messages, calendar, contacts etc). But I when I write emails, Outlook will not look up addresses from my contacts. It says "The address list could not be displayed. The contacts folder associated with this addr...

Wierd E-Mail Problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------080002040000030202030407 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Greetings All, System Info: OLXP w/ AVG (Free) Antivirus I've been developing a problem receiving e-mail from GMail with OL. Initially, I would not be able to download an e-mail with an attachment > 2MB in size. OL would attempt to download it, but it would not arrive in the Inbox. I would log into GMail, from its homepage, and forward it to another e-mail account. Then OL would download it without any...

how to display work by resource for a summary task
What's the easiest way to get the total hours, broken down by resource for a particular summary task? Hi, Resourced Usage View Project menu Group By, New Group Click Group assignments, not resources Group by Task Outline number (assignments) Then By Name (resource) That's it. HTH -- Jan De Messemaeker Microsoft Project Most Valuable Professional +32 495 300 620 For availabliy check: http://users.online.be/prom-ade/Calendar.pdf "vro" <vro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:382DEB9F-2799-4D0C-84DF-BF4891D75431@microsoft.com... &g...

How wants to take a stab at this problem(comparing)
I started to get some help but it didnt work so Let me try and explain this better. On some worksheet say 3, I have a certain cell say B20 that is lookin to match the value C20 and D20 from columns N and Q from worksheet 2 when it finds this match it will concatentate from that same row th text values in A and C in worksheet 2. now the cell below B20 so B2 will do the same thing only it will look for a match of values in C2 and D21 from the same columns (N and Q) from worksheet 2. and if i finds the match it will also concatenate the corrisponding vales fro that row from columns A and C in w...

"file cannot be opened because there are problems with contents"
I have Word 2007 running on Windows Vista. I need to know how to repair a ".docx" file Word can't open or repair: the error details say, "Unspecified error ... Location: Part: /word/document.xml, Line: 2 Column: 69311" I am able to open and edit the /word/document.xml part, but can't guess where "Column 69311" is. Could you please direct us to online info on how to interpret and respond to these error messages? Thanks. IN the File>Open dialog, try opening it with the Recover text from any file option. -- Hope this helps. Ple...

Problem with Go Offline 04-25-05
I do not seem to be able to go offline. After I hit the button, the dialog box comes up and I just click OK. Then the Downloading status dialog box comes up with Initializing.... and then eventually (about 3 seconds) “`(null)’ is not configured as a Distributor” and after that “Metadata Cache Error”. I have no problems with CRM SFO 1.2 online. Any Ideas? You have an invalid SQL Server 2000 replication configuration (publisher, distributor, subscriber). Most likely the configured identity that runs the distribution jobs (i.e. the Distributor Agent) is incorrect or does not have su...

How to resolve error code 8
Hi All My application is graphically intencive. and when I use the api function CreateCompatibleBitmap the function returns error code 8 which means I dont have enough memory, Even Though I installed 1 GB. I also increased the virtual memory usage to max of 4 GB. so I need to allocate more memory from windows by brute force and in the code. Could you please tell me how or refer me to an article or an example Thank You in Advance How big a bitmap are you requesting. Note that the amount of physical memory is unrelated to this problem; the amount of virtual memory matters. Show some ...

Controlling display names
I'll try asking this again a different way: Is there a way to have a display name for Exchange 2003 in the global address list appear differently than the display name when sent outside my organization via email? Example: in the GAL, I want to have John Smith, but for email sent outside the organization, we just want email to come from John in the email header: From: "John" <johnsemailaddress@mycompany.com> This problem is all about the display name, nothing to do with the actual e-mail address. ? In news:Xns9751A534BB07vo243hotmailcom@207.46.248.16, Vo <vo24...

Problem in mails outgoing
Hi I have installed a exchange 2000 server for testing. but since i have installed the same i m not able to send mail outside my domain internal mails are working fine. On my network NAT is enabled and i do have access to the net. I am able to telnet the sever. My DNS is working fine. SMTP service is working fine. I am able to see the mails queue in exchange system manager and not a single mail is going out. Please help me how can i send my mails to outsie my domain. If you required any other information please do lemme know i will provide you the same. Thankx in advance. Jitender "...

Outlook Encountered a Problem and Needs To Close
I am getting an error when outlook does its send and receive. The message is as follows: Microst Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. Under more information: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 10.0.5709.0 ModName: ntdll.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.1217 Offset: 00019ecd I have: Scanned for viruses -- none found Rebuilt the laptop -- still encounter the error Archived old messages Encounter the same problem when I use my .pst file on another system. Any help is appreciated. try creating a new default PST file. "JohnH" <anonymo...

Star Printer Problem
I have been running v1.3 for 3 weeks now with no problem. Today, my TSP100 printer is now going into "Pause" mode and is not printing. I'm trying to get in contact with Star support, but in the meantime, if anyone had advice please drop a line. Thanks. Steve, Make sure you've got plenty of paper in it and you might want to blow out any paper dust. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setu...

.swf problem...msc.
I can't get .swf videos to load from my Outlook Express program - actually they won't load from anywhere. I d/l a program that would play them if I did a save in the e-mail. I gave up on that. I didn't want an extra program on my system, and it was a pain in the ..... Also when I use Sun Java in Yahoo Euchre, each time I click on a table I the table comes up under the main grid of tables. If I use Microsoft VM all works well. Any ideas. Thank you, George Mooth wrote: > I can't get .swf videos to load from my Outlook Express > program Outlook Expres...

Compatibility problem
At my office, they have exchange 2000 and outlook 2000. When I receive an appointment from outside my office (let say from outlook 2003), it's an attachment file name meeting.ics I can't open it. We've done the update (office sp3) and the problem is still there. The version of exchange we have is 5.5 Thanks Mark Hi, You just repair your outlook or reinstall full fuctions means customized installation. Then check it file . ok "Mark" wrote: > > > At my office, they have exchange 2000 and outlook 2000. > > When I receive an appointment fro...

RMS reports should support Arabic and non-english languages
I'm using RMS v2 and i need to make reports that displays arabic language, and RMS doesn't currently support this. we had to make all our reports using external programs so I think that's a major disadvantage and should be fixed. We should be able to change to the font of the report, Please vote for it! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggest...

Windows 7 / Office 2007
Hi, Does anybody know which updates in Windows 7 that "screws" up macro-enabled spreadsheets in Office 2007 (Enterprise)? On Windows Vista the update was called KB973593, but I can't find this update on my system. So what's the equivalent update on Windows 7? Can someone help me out here? Anders ...

Solver Problem with IF function
Hello All, I am trying to determine the most cost effective cell phone rate plan based on the amount of minutes a user has in the past month. I have set up a table of rates (i.e. 49.99 per month, 1000 plan minutes, .35 per minute for overage usage, 59.99, 69.99, etc) and I am attempting to set up solver to minimize the total cost of the bill by changing the user's plan to the most cost effective plan rate. Currently cost is calculated by adding the plan cost (49.99 per month) and adding the overage usage (minutes over plan X .35). The problem I have is building the calculation for the o...

Accessing dataset datatable table row problem
Hello I developed and tested a web application using VS.NET 2003, VB, .NET Framework 1.1.4322, ASP.NET 1.1.4322 and IIS5.1. It uses a web form. I used the XML Designer to create an XML .XSD Schema to produce a Dataset. In looking for a way to start adding data to the dataset programmatically, i found this method in just about every thing i read. Dim tripsDataSet As DataSet tripsDataSet = New DataSet("tripsDS") tripsDataSet.ReadXmlSchema("c:\inetpub\wwwroot\CoyneTruckWebServices\tripsds.xsd") tripsDataTbl = tripsDataSet.Tables("tripsTable") Dim foundTrips() ...

Sub Menu Overlapping in IE 8.0.6001.18702
Hi We’ve main menu and submenu on our application home page. We’re using Java script and CSS to maintain and display the menu on that page. We’re maintaining layers in java script to display menu and submenu. It is working fine with Internet Explorer Version 6 and 7 Please help me out of this. Thanks Syed Syed wrote: > We’ve main menu and submenu on our application home page. We’re using Java > script and CSS to maintain and display the menu on that page. We’re > maintaining layers in java script to display menu and submenu. It is > working > fine with ...

5.4.6 Non Delivery Report using ARCHIVE feature
I enabled the Archive feature in Exchange Server 2003, and each time I send/receive an external email I receive the following NDR: A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients. Contact your administrator. The NDR is in reference to my MailArchive mailbox (the one used for the archiving). The message does however get delivered to the Mail Archive and the Intended Recipients mailbox. Its more of an annoyance This only happens for External emails, So I think its somethign with my SMTP connector (Smart Ho...

RE: Font size displaying too large for cells in locked spreadsheet
This spreadsheet resides on a common drive, but one user is unable to to view some cell contents. The best that I can tell is that the font size is too big. Changing screen resolution has no effect, neither does zooming in and out. Other company users do not have this problem. Does anyone have an idea what I might try? ...