Problem Changing Data Source In Pivot Table

Hello all. I have a workbook with multiple pivot tables pulling from a
odbc datasource. The database has been moved to a new server and I a
finding that even when I update the SQL with the new location in an
one query, it tells me it cannot graphically represent the SQL an
cannot pull the table. I am unsure as to whether or not I am mis-typin
something (although not really sure how i could do that) or if i a
missing some other place i need to update the link. Also, is there
way to do it for all of the pivot tables at once? I have Excel 2000.

Thank you!!!

An example of the sql as it is (scroll down for needed change):
SELECT MULTIINFO.Date, MULTIINFO.Product, MULTIINFO.Description
MULTIINFO.Pushed, MULTIINFO.`On Grade`, MULTIINFO.RedLine
MULTIINFO.`Film Skips`, MULTIINFO.`Trim Defect`, MULTIINFO.`Of
Filtch`, MULTIINFO.`Off Margin`, MULTIINFO.`Over Laps`, MULTIINFO.`Ove
Spray`, MULTIINFO.`Poor Adhesion`, MULTIINFO.`Ribbing & Roping`
MULTIINFO.`Topcoat Skips`, MULTIINFO.Trash, MULTIINFO.`Unpainte
Grooves`, MULTIINFO.Wrinkles, MULTIINFO.`Broken Edges`
MULTIINFO.`Paper Tears`, MULTIINFO.`Brash/Open Grain`
MULTIINFO.Rejects, MULTIINFO.Delaminations, MULTIINFO.`Holes & Splits`
MULTIINFO.`Low Spots`, MULTIINFO.`Film Defects`, MULTIINFO.Splices
MULTIINFO.Other
FROM `\\Ntserver\public files\CHPI Reporting_BE`.MULTIINFO MULTIINFO

but with the new location it should be FROM '\\Mainsvr-1\publi
files\CHPI Reporting_BE`.MULTIINFO MULTIINFO

see anything i need to change? Help! LO

--
SHMUNC
SHMUNCY's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3274

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

UI Data Validation using XML Schema
Has anybody done UI data validation usinf XML Schemas. Any pointers will help. Thanks! ...

Change left bar and top bar names on Order screen
Ok, I guess this could be the left bar and top bar names for any screen, but I'm specifically asking about the Order screen. I have a client that wants to change "Create Invoice" at the top to "Close". They also want to change "Write-In Products" to "Write-In Rooms". Where do I change these? I don't see them as options in the customization screens, even in the N:1 and 1:N areas. On Sep 23, 2:18=A0pm, Wayne Walton <waynek...@gmail.com> wrote: > Ok, I guess this could be the left bar and top bar names for any > screen, but I'm ...

How do I change a budgeted amount without changing previous budgets?
A newbie question I'm sure. My rent changed this month. When I change the budgeted amount, it changes (trashes) my budget for all previous months. How do change a budgeted amount for ONLY a specific time period? Thanks. Steve in Seattle ...

Change Names of Legend
Hello, I understand that you change the actual text that appears in the legend, not the font of it. I tried to follow the example given on this site and doesn't work. Here is the formula for one of the markers in the Chart. The formula refers to 2 markers on the chart. I would like one marker in the legend to be "plastic" and the other "hardware" =SERIES(,Sheet1!$C$2:$C$28,Sheet1!$B$2:$B$28,1) Thank you very much for your help. This is for a presentation due on Monday. -- Thank you... Elaine Normally I wouldn't reply, but since the real experts may be of...

Change paths to linked external data
Hello. I have a database that has 3 external links in it: 1 is to a table in another Access Database. One is to an excel spread sheet. And, the third is to a .csv file. Is there a way in VBA to change the paths to these? Basically, i want to set up a form where the user can specify the new paths in text boxes if any of these files are moved. Anybody help me out? (Access 2007) cyb3rwolf wrote: >Hello. I have a database that has 3 external links in it: 1 is to a table >in another Access Database. One is to an excel spread sheet. And, the third >is to a .csv...

Jon Peltier
Jon, How would you do this with a Pivot Table? I'm not a Pivot Table novice and I just can't envision how this one would be done. Thanks, Barb Hi Barb - I didn't see this question at first, but I responded in the original thread. I didn't try to replicate the OP's one column setup from his first post, because it didn't match the more logical arrangement in his post in the other forum. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Barb Reinhardt wrote: > Jon, > ...

Bulk Import Wizard for Leads Issue
Hi, I am trying to import Lead records using a CSV file containing around 3,000 records. I have tested with around 20 records (taken from the larger file) and it imports fine but when I select the the 3,000 record file for import the wizard gives an error message somthing like (sorry don't have exact wording) 'Source Import file is corrupt'. Are there any known issues with CSV files such as the following : 1) Special characters such as an asterix not handled 2) Email and Website type fields must all be correctly formatted? 3) File is too large Thanks for your help in adva...

Something destroying Money data
My MS Money 2007 software was working fine, and then a few months ago, there were transactions missing. I went for backups, and it seemed every time I opened a MOney file there were fewer transactions--it was truly weird. Thinking a file had been accidentally deleted, I used a file recovery program and retrieved file and backup - also no data. So I just put the whole thing aside and out of mind, but tried again today and searched all partitions for mny and mbf files.. Same result, if anything fewer transactions. Is there some virus or other malware that eats Money files? I guess I can d...

XML into DataSet
Hi. I need some help. I have an xml file what will contain hundreds of groups and will have an associated xsd. My overall goal is to have a web application that allows a user to input a groupID from a webform, the application will than find that groupID in the xml file and display all the related information for that group only. I have read my xml into a DataSet and have been able to successful find groupID and display some of the information for that particular group. But I have been unable to navigate to the groupsItems node and subsequently the details of each groupItem found in gro...

A Linking Problem
Assume I have a column of numbers, in a file named Source. (range is B2:B10). These cells are linked to a column in a file named Destination(range is E2:E10). If I add a new row 5 to the source, is there a way I can get the previously linked cells in Destination to continue to display the correct values. After adding the new row 5 in source, rows in Destination below row 5 display values from rows below (in the Source file). I hope this is not too confusing a question (I am confused). If it of importance, the linking was done using Paste Link in the Paste Special dialog. Thanks. Hi PA Yo...

Word table to XML
Can some one help me in converting a word table to XML? I am using word 2003 and the macro should word even with word 2007. Thanks in advance. Which macro? What is the xml schema for the table? Yves "Sri Vidya" <Sri Vidya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F93D7E1C-7BC9-456A-90CC-920CF0219759@microsoft.com... > Can some one help me in converting a word table to XML? I am using word > 2003 > and the macro should word even with word 2007. > Thanks in advance. > > ...

Pivot Table Axis format
Hi. I have a macro that creates a pivot-table and pivot chart. The X-axis is a date. In the raw data, the date is formated as month/day. This is the way I want it on the chart. However, the X-axis formats with month/day/year. How can I force this to display correctly? Thanks, Mike. Do you see a grey little dropdown under the X axis (where you can choose your dates to show)? If yes, then rightclick on it. Select the top option: "Format pivotchart field" then click on the Number button on the next dialog. There are a bunch of date formats that you can choose from. Maybe...

Form printing problem
Hi all, I have a form that holds customer records which we have been printing out for filing. I put a print record command button at the top of the form and this has been working perfectly for at least the last four years printing on plain paper using auto selection on the printer. Recently the form record has started printing onto header paper. It doesn't matter whether I change the properties on the printer it keeps printing to headed paper and the only way round was to put plain paper into the headed paper tray. We have now a new printer in the office which has been set as my defa...

Problems creating a newsletter
I chose the form "Newsletter - email". I have created a 3 page newsletter. Now, I have NO IDEA how to send it out as an email. I do not want to send it as an attachment. I cannot figure out which "save as" format or what I need to do so that i can email this newsletter. Is there a website that goes through how to do this? Am I correct when I say that it has to be html in order for me to send it as email? That is not one of the options. Any help you give me would be greatly appreciated. I am using 2003 Publisher. I created the book "Tri-Puzzles for Genesis - I"...

HowTo add row to series data
1) insert row with ShiftDown 2) apply new data to the newly emptied cells 3) preserve original chart series range 1) after this code row 2 is empty cells Excel.Worksheet chart = (Excel.Worksheet)book.Worksheets["Chart Data"]; Excel.Range rngToday = chart.get_Range("A2", "D2"); rngToday.Insert(Excel.XlInsertShiftDirection.xlShiftDown); 2) this puts todays date into A2 rngToday.NumberFormat = "MM/dd"; rngToday.Value = DateTime.Today; 3) OOPS - the chart data is now A3..A7 because of the insert above How do I reset the souce data to A...

Hotmail Problem Please Help
I am running Exchange 2003 Standard on a Windows 2003 Server. I also have ISA 2000 on the same box. Everything is working fine. The problem I am having is getting mail out to a hotmail address. When I send then mail, I see it sits in the Queue for less then a minute then disappears. It never makes it to the Hotmail address nor do I get any return errors back in my client indicating the mail never made it to its destination. On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 15:51:04 -0800, "Kevin Mc" <Kevin Mc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am running Exchange 2003 Standard on a Windows 200...

Windows 7 taskbar API problems
Folks The background is that an Access MDE/ACCDE created by a developer is not conceptually the same as an Excel spreadsheet or Word document file created by the user. My Auto FE Updater utility automatically downloads any new version created by the developer from the server to the workstation as well as doing lots of other stuff such as creating shortcuts on desk tops. If this was a user created Access database file which resides in the users My Documents folder, or similar, than they are conceptually the same as a Word or Excel file. The problem is if the user right-clicks on...

how do I insert rows without changing formula
In a cashflow worksheet how can I add rows without having to re-do all the proceeding formulas. use absolute references e.g. =$A$5 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "tinka" <tinka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4ED4569E-0FD6-469B-82B1-F30139B1A280@microsoft.com... > In a cashflow worksheet how can I add rows without having to re-do all the > proceeding formulas. ...

problems loading excel documents
When I try to open up an excel document via my documents it says that the same document is open already how can this be stopped Tina First try the standard fix(es)......Tools>Options>General uncheck "ignore other applications" OR Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes and note the space before the / mark). You may have to enter your full path to excel.exe....in that case surround with quotes as in..... "C:\mypath\to Excel\somewhere\excel.exe" /regserver Gord Dibben XL2002 On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 09:16:14 -0800, "Tina" <TinaSCovell...

how do you change the font size of a drop-down list?
When I use the Validation feature under Data Menu and I create a drop-down list, the font size of the contents of the drop-down list is too small to read. How do I change this? You can't change the font or font size for a Data Validation dropdown list. To make the font appear larger, you can use programming to adjust the zoom setting when the cell is selected. There's sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Larger Or, there's a sample file here that provides a combobox from which you can select one of the values from the data validation list. In ...

Outlook/Exchange 2000 connection problem

Change Mail Recipient #2
In my Office 2003 Picture Manager, when I right click a picture to send to mail or go to File, Send To recipient it goes to Outlook. I wish it to change it to Outlook Express. I have gone to IE, Tools, Options, Programs, and E-mail and changed the default to Outlook Express. My Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint does not go to Outlook they go to Express, it only goes to Outlook in Picture Manager. ...

How do you distribute global changes? (format strings etc) GP 9.0
This one is stumping me for the moment. In brief, the client needs to be able to enter phone numbers that are not compatable with the canned Phone_Number format and data types. I was able to make the change on my test machine easily enough, but I am uncertain if there are any gotchas in the distribution process. I found a knowledge base article that tells me I will need to copy Forms.dic and Dynamics.vba to the client machines. But, does it matter what order I do that in as regards my other modifications? I have a .cnk file, as well as simple modifed forms and reports (with and witho...

billionton bluetooth adptar driver problem
:huh: hi looking for billionton bluetooth usb adptar 100mt class1 driver for vista 32b. please some body help me for that ..............[image: http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/../ubb/eek.gif] thanks -- nelbulani ...

Macro with relative address problem XSL 2000
Basically I want to (and did at one time) create a macro that edits a number (zip code), inserts a leading zero then moves down one cell. Cell Contents A1 1234 A2 2345 A3 3456 With the cursor on A1 my steps are: Tools\Macro\Record a New Macro\z On Stop Recording Toolbar depress Relative Address, then Edit Home '0 enter Down Click Stop recoding Since the cursor is on a A2, Pressing CTRL+z will make the contents 01234, not the desired 02345. I've tried different combinations of when to depress the relative address button with no success. And double clicking the c...