Printing problem with amalgamated cells

Hi,

When I print a form I created, some characters are missing in merged
written cells. When I uncheck this option it prints correctly. But, it
is better when I write in a table's location to have the whole package
of cells united.

Any ideas to fix that?

Thx!

Werner

--
Werner
Werner's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24304

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

If I can assume that "amalgamated" is your language's word for "Merged",
you may need to enlarge the merged cells to accomodate the text (or use
a smaller font size) to allow all of the text to fit on the printed
version.

Often, WYSIWYG is not exact from Print Preview to the actual printed
page!

HTH

Bruce

--
swatsp0p

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15101
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=384646

It has all the space it needs. I don't speak about characters at the end
of the merged cells. I mean it is in the middle of the word itsefl. It
creates an empty space and continue the rest of the word.

Werner

--
Werner
Werner's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24304
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=384646

Two different totals in one cell
C D L O P Q R H, AL A, AL A A P SF H, AL 1.0, 1.0 1.0, 1.0 7.50 8.5 0.00 0.00 1.0, 2.0 As you can see, “A” (shown in columns D and L) and “AL” (shown in columns C and D) are in two separate columns; I would like to show their totals in two separate columns, i.e, O (totals of all “A”) and R (totals of “AL”) in the example above. Try these: =3DCOUNTIF(C1:L1,"*A*") =3DCOUNTIF(C1:L1,"*AL*") Hope this helps. Pete On May 4, 4:27=A0pm, something68 <somethin...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > C =A0 =A0 =A0 D =A0 =A0 =A0 L =A0 =A0 =A0 O ...

Cells font colors
Does anyone know how to have a cell font change color What I am trying to figure out is if cell A1 contains a number I would like that cell font to start off in red and if cell B2 contains a number have cell A1 change to red automatically I think it is something like =IF(D4="",0[RED],100[GREEN] And/Or Should I use Condiational Formating or a double IF? Hi Robbins2U! You can't do it with cell formulas. Take a look at Format > Conditional formatting. You need the Formula is option and your formula should evaluate to TRUE or FALSE -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydn...

breaking text into multiple cells
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Lets say I type &quot;a b c d&quot; into a cell. Is there a way I can place the cursor between &quot;a&quot; and &quot;b&quot; and then cause only &quot;a&quot; to remain in the original cell while &quot;b c d&quot; move to a new cell? <br><br>Thanks! On 2010-05-27 12:53:39 -0400, Dwade01@officeformac.com said: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Intel Lets say I type "a b c d" into a cell. Is ther...

Unsolvable cell naming question: Can anyone beat this one?
I am trying to copy and paste named cells from one workbook to another without having the first workbook file name attach to the named cells. For example, I am copying a cell named XYZ from file One.xls to file Two.xls. I need to have cell XYZ NOT say One.xls!XYZ when it is entered into Two.xls. Also, how can I get that message that asks if I want to use the cell names to not pop up? I think I understand what you're running into here. If the cell you are MOVING refers to a named range in it's source workbook that doesn't exist in the destination workbook, Excel will not ide...

Dashboard Reporting
Hi, I recently tried to create a 'dashboard' style report by using the camera tool to take pictures of my graphs on different worksheets, and presenting them together on the first worksheet. You can see samples of this type of report at www.exceluser.com Everything looks good until I try to print preview, at which point graphic elements on the chart, and the plot area, totally resize. This makes the chart unreadable. Both the camera picture of the chart (on sheet 1) and the original chart (on sheet 3) are affected. Does anybody know why this happens, or how to prevent it happenin...

PRINTING from OWA
Hy, some users have ask to me if it's possible to print some mails from owa selecting them from the inbox view without having to open it one for time. thanks kentucky It doesn't look like it. "Kentucky" <aforino@libero.it> wrote in message news:1143044480.626938.264270@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hy, some users have ask to me if it's possible to print some mails from > owa selecting them from the inbox view without having to open it one > for time. > thanks > kentucky > "Kentucky" <aforino@libero.it> wrote in message ...

Sending Mail problems
client, Outlook 2002, SP2 server, Exchange 5.5, SP4 When I send an email it just sits in the Outbox until I click on either my Inbox, another email, or another folder, then the email will send from the Outbox and appear in the Sent Items. Also, I constantly need to hit Send/Receive to check for new emails. I checked all my settings and Outlook is setup to send/receive Immediately when connected. Am I missing something? Any advice would be appreciated. I'm having the same problem and also posted the same question (about an hour after you did, as it turns out). If someone res...

Problem with Excel Links
I have a number of Excel workbooks and I wish to link them to a single summary worksheet. Linking them isn't a problem, however I would like to be able to 'switch off' the links to particular workbooks/worksheets so that I could select which were included on the summary sheet at any one time. Put another way, I want to have all the linked workbooks populated with data and then to be able to select which worksheets 'feed' through to the summary sheet to explore different scenarios. Any help will be very much appreciated. John You can use Edit, Links and change your sour...

Print Current Page Only Macro
I am trying to come up with a macro with the ability to print th current page. It has become a big need within my company and will b a real time saver. Is there a way to search for the active cell an then print the current page it is in? In other words, by placin your cursor on the page you want to print, you could then run th print current page macro Hi SUB print_current() ActiveSheet.PrintOut end sub But why don't you sue the print icon in the toolbar. AFAIK this only prints the current selected sheet(s) HTH Frank vschlen wrote: > I am trying to come up with a macro with t...

My laptop & OWA problems...
I am having problems with my laptop and connecting to OWA, I get a logon screen and I can login but I can't open of view an email and I can't click anything, nothing happens. My laptop has Win XP Pro, and I've used the windows update and install all the recommended updates, but nothing works. I know OWA is working fine because my friend can sign on her computer and have access to all the features in my account. So it appears to me just my laptop. please help. "Troubled person" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1b3bb01c44fe8$9a9b1...

EXCEL 2003 MACRO Problem
Hi all gurus please help. I have a windows schelduler to open at a certain time and when the cells have been updated the file closes. The problems i'm having it the file stays open and i have to manually close the open file on a weekly basis, the cells are not updated either? Please see my code below: Private Changed As Boolean Private Sub Workbook_Open() 'start with the workbook showing unchanged Changed = False ' create our shutdown timer Application.OnTime Now + TimeValue("00:00:10"), procedure:="ThisWorkbook.Auto_Close" ...

No receipt printing on Cancel Transaction but on No Sales
Can some experienced users to share tips how to not print receipt on Cancel Transaction but print on No Sales? Do some options do that? or I need to customize the receipt format. Ctrl-F9 turning on / off the printer works, but we need to remember to do that. Regards, Jason Yi Jason, All you need to do is X-out the receipt format set for Cancelled under the Receipt Format's properties. Good luck, Matt "Jason Yi" <JasonYi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC551E06-CB26-4844-B43A-E751C319D6C7@microsoft.com... > Can some experienced users to share tips...

Money 2005 Small Business Problem
I cannot get my estimates to say estimate at the top, all of them say "invoice" this is troubling me because I know it used to print them as estimate. Somebody please help me before I have to abandon MS Money Small usiness for a more functional program. This is a simple problem, but it aggravates the hell out of me!! In microsoft.public.money, Chris Jones wrote: >I cannot get my estimates to say estimate at the top, all of them say >"invoice" this is troubling me because I know it used to print them as >estimate. Somebody please help me before I have to ...

negative values causing column title problem
How do I get the Column titles x axis lables at he bottom of the chart field when have negative values It s friday and this is killing me. Select the axis Choose Format>Selected axis On the Patterns tab, for Tick Mark Labels, select Low TFrisch wrote: > How do I get the Column titles x axis lables at he bottom > of the chart field when have negative values > > It s friday and this is killing me. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html hey thanks - boy was thaqt annoying >-----Original Message----- >Select th...

RMS SO 2.0 Manager
On one of my RMS SO 2.0 Manager's computer I'm having a huge delay (about 5 minutes) before the Item list shows up (Database - Items). This only happens on this one machine that's "directly" connected to the RMS server (no VPN etc), while it's trying to bring up the Items List the SOMANAGER.EXE process CPU Utilization stays at 99% and there is no network utilization/activity. When I bring up an (all) Item List/Value report it doesn't take very long at all. Has anybody else encountered this problem and knows of a potential solution? I've already tried r...

Exchange 2003 problem after sp1 installation
After the sp1 installation users unable to access recent emails with both OWA and Outlook 2003! Somebody can help me please! Many thanks, Giampiero First, is this Exchange 2003 SP1 or Windows 2003 SP1? Can they access any of their messages? Or only recent (meaning what? the last few weeks? days?). This could be related to your antivirus software. Try stopping your antivirus software temporarily and see if that helps. I have seen E2K3 servers with Symantec Mail Security do this before. -- Jim McBee Web: http://www.somorita.com Blog: http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com Stuff: htt...

absolute cell references
I've got monthly expense numbers in one workbook I need to compare to monthly expense numbers in another workbook. I insert a new column to calculate the differences in one of the worksheets. Then I simply click to create the formula that subtracts the expenses in the current workbook from the expenses in the other workbook. Here's the problem. I'd like to set up one cell with the difference and then just copy it to fill in the rest of the months, right? Well, for some reason, when I create the first cell, it refers to the other workbook using an absolute cell refere...

Selecting Photos from and ComboBox list then print on a Report
I would like to have a ComboBox on a Form that lists the names of photographs, and somehow have the names pointing to the actual image stored in the database or on the PC. Then by clicking a button on the Form, I'd like to print a Report with the photo printed on it, along with other data from the record. I hope that makes sense. Thanks in advance for the help. Dave Have a look at PictureMgr, the free demo software that I wrote to manage and print images. http://www.datastrat.com/Download/Picture2K.zip -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http:/...

Toolbar problem causes screen to freeze
xp pc about a year old has been working fine. Suddenly when I open M Excel 2000 it will load s/s and allow manipulation of data but as soo as I try to use the tool bar the software freezes and cannot be used. Virus definitions up to date and no virus showing. Anybody got any thoughts -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Maybe you have a corrupt toolbar file, look for a file with the extension *.xlb Rename the extension to *.bak or move it from the folder, then excel will create a new file. Of course if you have configured it a lot you have to do that again but if it stops exc...

Problem: new calendar entries land on wrong date

Exchange 2000 problem
More and more people have started using email adress like this: Firstname..Lastname@domain.com and this is an invalid format i exchange 2000.. Any way to work around this with exchange 2000? I dont see any option to alow it. Thank - Cabby3 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.webservertalk.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.webservertalk.com/message913884.htm ...

two-sided printing
Pub 2002 gives instructions in help menu to print on both sides of sheet. File/print/properties. But no checkbox exists. Pub 2000 allowed this. How do you print on two sides of same sheet? Thank you Walter After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from mg247@optonline.net <mg247@optonline.net>... > Pub 2002 gives instructions in help menu to print on both > sides of sheet. File/print/properties. But no checkbox > exists. Pub 2000 allowed this. No version of Publisher supports two-sided printing in itself, without a third-party add-in. Your print...

Print out of Outlook 2003
I have several pc's networked printing to a Xerox Phaser 6180. 1 and only 1 pc is printing a similiar invalid string of characters, (ă□Ă□□), in the upper left hand corner when printing e-mails out of Outlook. Anyone have any ideas what is causing this? And most importantly, how to fix it? ...

Memory Cell Could Not Be "READ."
I have Money 2K, WINXP Home, and until about a week ago I had no problems updating. Now, most of the time, when I try to update the Internet Information, I get an error message which reads: The instruction at "0x600bb01c" referenced memory at "0x00000007" The memory could not be "read." Click OK to terminate the program. When this happens, my modem lights flicker as if it is trying to get a response, but isn't getting one. After 10 seconds or so, I get the above message. Every few days it works fine. I have Fidelity as a investment, and I can always...

Unable to print a complete workbook
I am an Associate Tech. Support. Rep with my company. I have a user who was emailed an excel workbook and is unable to print it. I have searched for an answer to this and have yet to find one. If anyone can send some troubleshooting ideas my way that would be great. Provide more data. Does he have Excel installed? Exactly what is he doing to "print the workbook"? What happens when he does this? Error message? HTH Otto "Bradley" <Bradley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3ABEEBB-FA5B-4B9E-80EC-DF27EB4DA492@microsoft.com... >I am an Associ...