Printing problem from Excel 2007

Greetings,

I am having an issue with printing from Excel 2007. Many users when
printing from Excel with get several pages of non-sensical "junk"
printed out on the pages. If it actually prints what is on the page,
none of the items are in the cells, but look like they are just
randomly thrown about the page. I have found that this most often is
related to the Calibri font somehow, because I instruct them to change
the font to Arial and all prints fine. That being said, if the user
converts the Excel sheet into a PDF and print, it prints perfect. This
is a great workaround, but kind of a hassle. Has anyone seen this
before?
Many thanks in advance for any information you can give me.

Robert
0
rjposey (5)
12/11/2008 4:33:42 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You could:

1. Use "Font Substitution" at the printer to set up use of the Calibri
font if possible.
2. At the print driver (e.g. Properties->Printing Preferences-
>Advanced), use "TTF as Soft Fonts" instead of "Substitute With Device
Font" (yours may differ slightly as per make model)
3. I'm thinking you are using a PCL print driver. Use PS instead.

One of the three should sort you out. You only need one.
0
google5299 (29)
12/11/2008 4:45:18 PM
On Dec 11, 10:45=A0am, goo...@magneticnorth.ca wrote:
> You could:
>
> 1. Use "Font Substitution" at the printer to set up use of the Calibri
> font if possible.
> 2. At the print driver (e.g. Properties->Printing Preferences->Advanced),=
 use "TTF as Soft Fonts" instead of "Substitute With Device

> Font" (yours may differ slightly as per make model)
> 3. I'm thinking you are using a PCL print driver. Use PS instead.
>
> One of the three should sort you out. You only need one.

You are correct that I am using PCL. If I try to switch to PS, then I
get "hyroglyphics" . If I print a test page, I will get about 30 pages
of garbage, but the PCL seems to work for everything except the
occassional Excel Sheet.

I am looking for the Font Substitution on the printer and am not
finding it, but I do see that Calibri is not a listed font that it has
in ROM.

Thanks for you tips.

Robert
0
rjposey (5)

Problems with Public Folders replication
Hi guys, Some problems here. We have decided to install Exchange server 2003 SP1 on a new hardware with W2k3 SP1 on a new DC (yes, I know it is a bad practice, but...) instead of old Exchange server 2003 SP1 on an old DC on an old hardware. New one (additional) DC was brought live (with some minor problems, DNS, time, as always) without FSMO delegation (for now). Replication of users' accounts was smooth. Logs clear. After Exchange 2003 SP1 installation (with some DNS manipulations) also all was Ok. Dcdiag Ok. In ESM all Exchange servers are visible (old and new). So I have started ...

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Exchange update problem

Excel 2007

docmd.transfertext problem

SQL deadlock problem

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Excel not Access

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Opening Excel Workbooks

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

help with simple maths in excel

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Grammar check not working

Border problems

Exchange 2007 across account search

White Printing
How do I print white text onto black paper? The text just comes out blank when printed. I am using a black background on screen to see what it looks like, then deleting that so I can print in white. On Mon, 12 May 2008 18:46:03 -0700, PJ1980 <PJ1980@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I print white text onto black paper? The text just comes out blank >when printed. I am using a black background on screen to see what it looks >like, then deleting that so I can print in white. Interesting. Does your printer have a WHITE ink cartridge? NO? You can't do it. Ther...