printing frozen column on each page

In excel 2007, when printing a spreadsheet that is to wide to fit on a
landscape page, is there a way to make the frozen left column print on
the subsequent pages to the right?  Not essential but would be nice.

Thanks, Jeff
0
Jeff9963 (48)
8/25/2011 4:30:53 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Under Page Setup>Sheet there are the functions "rows to repeat at top"
and "columns to repeat at left"

Gord Dibben    Microsoft Excel MVP

On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 12:30:53 -0400, "Jeff@nospam.invalid"
<Jeff@nospam.invalid> wrote:

>In excel 2007, when printing a spreadsheet that is to wide to fit on a
>landscape page, is there a way to make the frozen left column print on
>the subsequent pages to the right?  Not essential but would be nice.
>
>Thanks, Jeff
0
phnorton (279)
8/25/2011 5:20:39 PM
On 8/25/11 1:20 PM, Gord wrote:
> Under Page Setup>Sheet there are the functions "rows to repeat at top"
> and "columns to repeat at left"
>

> Gord Dibben    Microsoft Excel MVP
>
> On Thu, 25 Aug 2011 12:30:53 -0400, "Jeff@nospam.invalid"
> <Jeff@nospam.invalid>  wrote:
>
>> In excel 2007, when printing a spreadsheet that is to wide to fit on a
>> landscape page, is there a way to make the frozen left column print on
>> the subsequent pages to the right?  Not essential but would be nice.
>>
>> Thanks, Jeff
Thank you.

Jeff
0
Jeff9963 (48)

How can I unblock the printing of cell shading?
Microsoft Excel 2002: I created a simple form long ago, and someone has blocked out the printing of the cell shading. I want to make a change in the form without having to start from scratch, and I WANT the cell shading to print. Does anyone know how to fix my form? I've searched the Help files to no avail. Thanks, Hello there, You may have checked this, but try File + Page SetUp + Sheet tab. There is a check box for Black and White. Make sure this is unticked. Hope this helps Judith >-----Original Message----- >Microsoft Excel 2002: >I created a simple form long ago...

Publisher 2003: Merged postcard file prints reduced size postcards
I merged addressees from Excel 2003, display the first card, set to print 4 on a page and get a preview and printout of what I want but the cards are miniatures rather than full-sized. -- your help is appreciated. Setup your page as a postcard. I don't know why you are getting miniatures, it will be a printer setting. Do you have a setting that says in essence, print document on ?? stock? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mel" <Mel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C1CE8554-A132-...

HELP! can't print mail labels from excel doc.
I know nothing about excel or mail merge wizard. I get names and addresses e-mailed to me each day for my business. I do know you can manipulate cells somehow but I have no idea how. I followed the instructions from another post (Print labels by using excel data in a WORD mail merge), but I hit a snag towards the end of the process every time. I'm sure the answer is very elementary. blue "Snag" is not too descriptive. Many of us use Word with Excel as data source for creating mailing labels and mail merges etc. quite regularly. There are certain formatting rules that m...

OWA
Originally posted in m.p.exchange.clients but got no response so I thought i wold try here I am having problems using OWA from a computer that is a member of the domain but not connected to the domain network. My experience is: OWA Works from a home computer that has nothing to do with the office domain OWA Works from an office computer connected to the office domain. OWA Works fom an office computer connected from a home DSL ISP and the computer is a memeber of the domain but the user is NOT logged onto the domain but logged on as a local user to the computer.. OWA DOESN"T work fom a...

Printers connected to CUPS server crash when printing
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Whenever I try to print directly from an Office application (2008 for Mac on OS 10.5.7, same behaviour since original install), the printer crashes (no output, needs restart to continue with other print jobs). If I save as pdf (either in save as ... or print, save as pdf) and convert the file to ps using the pdf2ps utility, I can print out the ps file, but the following warning appears. **** Warning: File has an invalid xref entry: 9. Rebuilding xref table. **** This file had errors that were repaired or ignored. **...

convert lookup column from access to sql server express
I created a database and front end in access 2007. I am trying to migrate to sql server express 2005 with the same access front end. There is a lookup column in access 2007 database that I am going to replace with a lookup table and a relation table between the main table and the lookup table to hold the multiple links between them. I have a form that at the moment works well with the lookup column for obvious reasons (you get the list of available values along with the selected values for this particular record) I need to try to recreate this behavior somehow with the SQL ...

MICR 2nd page printed.
Our company uses MICR check system and every time we print check, there is 2nd page printed... We only want to print one page. I tried to change check face in MICR setup, but it is still printing 2nd page. Please advice for solution. ...

Excel VBA
I am using Excel 2002, and I am trying to create a macro to compare tw columns of data and highlight or shade the cells or colorize any entr that is not in both columns. I also read something about being able to put a button on the exce chart that runs the macro. Could someone help me with that too? : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Chip Pearson has lots of ways to compare two lists. Some are macros and some are worksheet formulas. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm (I'm not sure I'd start with code. Learning the formula technique may be much more usefu...

Can I use side by side colums and stacked columns in same graph?
I have a completed graph that shows side by side columns and a line, but I would like to add a stacked column to the graph without losing the other side by side columns. Debbie - You need a stacked-clustered column chart. This page has links that show how to accomplish such a chart. Most likely you'll have to rearrange the data and make a new chart. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Debbie wrote: > I have a complet...

Page Numbering #3
I am using Excel 2000. I have a file with 11 worksheets (tabs) in the file. There are two graphs on each tab and each tab prints one page. In the header of each tab (at the left margin), I have individually typed "Page and the number 1 thru 11). I updated my charts and did a print preview and all of the pages appear to have the correct page number on them. Then I noticed that I had forgotten to update the header to the indicate which month the report is for (November - changed from October). I grouped all of the tabs and made the change in the header which is centered on each...

Hide Print Unhide
Hi, I need a macro (VBA Code) to: 1- unprotect sheet with password="111" 2- HIDE empty rows between 7 and 159 (7, 159 are included) 3- Print the range A4:D160 4- UNHIDE all rows between 7 and 159 5- Protect sheet with password="111" Recording macro will not work because the empty rows are different each time Khalil Hi Khalil Start here http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Hide Maybe this one ? Add you protect en unprotect code lines to the macro ************************************* Hide Empty rows, Print and unhide the rows This example will loop through every...

How do I print the guidelines of a CD cover insert in Publisher?
How do I print the guidelines of a CD cover insert in Publisher? anahera wrote: > How do I print the guidelines of a CD cover insert in Publisher? ============================= Maybe this is what you are referring to. CD Crystal Case Insert http://www.yousendit.com/download/Y2o5TXRlcTJsMHhFQlE9PQ -- John Inzer MS-MVP Digital Media Experience Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that work for me may not work for you Proceed at your own risk ...

How do I markup a column of numbers without adding a column?
I am trying to markup a column of numbers but do not wish to add a column (eg. Column A * .05 for Column B). Is this possible? You mean you want to add 5% to a range of cells? If so, Enter 1.05 in an empty cell. Copy that cell. Highlight the range you want to change Right-click, choose Paste Special...>Multiply>OK Delete the 1.05 if desired. Regards, Fred "Afreshb" <Afreshb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E855D4B-0772-4AE0-BA3A-B6356D68A123@microsoft.com... >I am trying to markup a column of numbers but do not wish to add a column ...

Trim varying decimals from column of numbers
Good Morning I am using Excel 2003 and have a column of approximately 250 numbers. Each has different number of decimals. Although the Format displays all as whole numbers, the decimals are be calculated and throowing my cost analysis off when Multplying this column (Quantity) x a Price. How can I trim all values to whole numbers, regardless of their vary number of decimal places. Thanks in Advance Phil >the decimals are be calculated If these numbers are the results of formulas then try something like this: =INT(your_formula_here) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP ...

Can you change the name for your columns from A, B, C, ETC to oth.
Can you change the names of the columns in a spreadsheet to something other than A, B, C, D, etc.? 1 2 3 4 or put labels on the 1st row -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Alyce Newell" <Alyce Newell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B809C7D9-ECE4-43DC-A5D1-1A90C1C6DAC3@microsoft.com... > Can you change the names of the columns in a spreadsheet to something other > than A, B, C, D, etc.? > > No. But you can add titles in row 1 then select A2 and Window>Freeze Panes to keep those titles in view. Select B2 to keep row 1 and ...

Sorting of worksheet, half of columns are formulas referring to 1st worksheet...
I want to sort my worksheet alphabetically by last name. Half of my worksheet columns contain contact information that are formulas referring to another worksheet in the file. The other half is regular values of dates in different columns. (We use the file to track correspondence). I added 100 more rows to the worksheet.(about 300 total). Now I need to sort, but everything I try results in the rows getting switched around. Ex: Dr. Smith's dates aren't correct. They're on Dr. Smyth's row. Dr. Smith has Dr. Snyder's dates. Any ideas? Thanks. Angela -------------...

Column limitation
Why do spreadsheets like Excel and Lotus 123 (and even desktop database software like Access) have a limitation of 256 columns (or thereabouts)? I am interested in the reasoning for the limitation not whether I need more than 256 as other posts seem to be hung up on. Also others have posted that this is arbitrary limit which seems odd when other packages like Quattro Pro have recognized the need for more than 256. The later versions of Quattro Pro do allow for more than 256 columns (18,278) but from what I can determine this is a workaround by swapping 256 columns in and out of memory which is...

PUB to Web Page Help
I have a 2 page Newsletter in a PUB format that someone gave me that needs to be converted to a web page. I just installed Publisher. I see how to convert each page but they are not linked in any way. Is there a way to convert the 2 page PUB document into 1 html page or a page1-2 that is linked? Thanks for any help in advance with my insanity over this :-O PS: I use Microsoft FrontPage 2003 for web deveopment and publishing and it won't even open a converetd html page from Publisher (which I find odd given that these are two Microsoft products)..... > I have a 2 page Newsletter in...

Putting a Page Skip in a txt File?
I'm sending text lines to a txt file and would like to skip to another page at times. What sequence of characters do I need to do that? I tried a simple chr(12), but that did nothing on either of two printers I tried. W. eWatson wrote: > I'm sending text lines to a txt file and would like to skip to another > page at times. What sequence of characters do I need to do that? I tried > a simple chr(12), but that did nothing on either of two printers I tried. There are no pagination boundaries in a *text* file. If you look at an ASCII character chart, none of the...

excel web page, won't print colors
I have a spreadsheet that I 'saved as webpage'. After the workbook is published, it looks pretty on the screen and looks good! When I go to print it, it does not print the colors. When I do a print preview, its not just black and white only - but the screens have dissappeared, and is only line copy. Idears? ...

Printing Comments #9
Does anyone know of a quick way to print comments in a cell beside going to Page Setup? I was hoping to convert them to it's own cell bu didn't know if that was possible -- Coltsfa ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Coltsfan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1998 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39876 Coltsfan, couldn't you record a macro going to page setup > sheet > comments as displayed on sheet, and assign it to a button on a tool bar? -- Sincerely, M...

Printing e-mail messages in Outlook 2003
In Outlook 2003 when I print an e-mail message that I send, the first line of my message appears at the top of the page above my name and to the left of the page number. Even when I receive a reply to an e-mail that I sent, the first line of my original e-mail message also appears at the top of the page and to the left of the page number when I print the message. This does not happen when printing messages that I receive or reply to (unless I originated the message). -- curious one ...

Copying data from 205 columns to 1 column
Hi, I am using Excel 2007 and have a table that has 205 columns and 15 rows. I want to copy the data of the 15 rows of every column under Column A with a blank row between the data of every column. Example: A B C A1 B1 C1 A2 B2 C2 A3 B3 C3 B1 B2 B3 C1 C2 C3 I appreciate if somebody can help with this. If this question has been posted before, please direct me to the post. Thanks, Zuo Assume your source data as described is in Sheet1, in A1:A15 across by 205 cols ie 15 rows x 205 cols In another sheet, Put this in any startcell, say ...

when printing outlook closes
When I print an email with an attachment it closes outlook. Any ideas? ...

Printing Deposits
Posting again with my email address. There is a print option on the deposit transaction entry, but I can't find the way to actually print them. Can anyone help? ...