Printing Columns on Same Page

I have a sheet with 5 rows and 100 columns of data, and I want to
print them in Portrait View.

I would like the first 10 columns to print on page 1, followed by the
second 10 columns on page 1, followed by the second 10 columns on page
1, etc...until there is no more room on the physical page, in which
case, it will break and continue printing the remaining columns as
described above on the next page (2), etc.

If this is possible, how is it done?

0
iamnubw (38)
7/2/2008 6:55:09 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

If you change to the "page break view" you can adjust your page breaks
easily on the screen.

View --> Page Break Preview

--
Hope that helps!

RBear3
..

"iamnu" <iamnubw@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a sheet with 5 rows and 100 columns of data, and I want to
> print them in Portrait View.
>
> I would like the first 10 columns to print on page 1, followed by the
> second 10 columns on page 1, followed by the second 10 columns on page
> 1, etc...until there is no more room on the physical page, in which
> case, it will break and continue printing the remaining columns as
> described above on the next page (2), etc.
>
> If this is possible, how is it done?

0
rbear3 (18)
7/2/2008 7:18:02 PM
On Jul 2, 1:18=A0pm, "RBear3" <rbe...@nospam.com> wrote:
> If you change to the "page break view" you can adjust your page breaks
> easily on the screen.
>
> View --> Page Break Preview
>
> --
> Hope that helps!
>
> RBear3
> .
>
> "iamnu" <iamn...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >I have a sheet with 5 rows and 100 columns of data, and I want to
> > print them in Portrait View.
>
> > I would like the first 10 columns to print on page 1, followed by the
> > second 10 columns on page 1, followed by the second 10 columns on page
> > 1, etc...until there is no more room on the physical page, in which
> > case, it will break and continue printing the remaining columns as
> > described above on the next page (2), etc.
>
> > If this is possible, how is it done?

I gave that a thought, but when I look at the Page Break Preview, I
see the columns in a horizontal line, with a dark blue line around
those that would appear on page 1, page 2, page 3, etc.  I don't see
how, or where the page breaks are located in order to adjust them as
you suggest.

0
iamnubw (38)
7/2/2008 7:42:18 PM

iamnu wrote:
> On Jul 2, 1:18 pm, "RBear3" <rbe...@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>>If you change to the "page break view" you can adjust your page breaks
>>easily on the screen.
>>
>>View --> Page Break Preview
>>
>>--
>>Hope that helps!
>>
>>RBear3
>>.
>>
>>"iamnu" <iamn...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>>I have a sheet with 5 rows and 100 columns of data, and I want to
>>>print them in Portrait View.
>>
>>>I would like the first 10 columns to print on page 1, followed by the
>>>second 10 columns on page 1, followed by the second 10 columns on page
>>>1, etc...until there is no more room on the physical page, in which
>>>case, it will break and continue printing the remaining columns as
>>>described above on the next page (2), etc.
>>
>>>If this is possible, how is it done?
>

> I gave that a thought, but when I look at the Page Break Preview, I
> see the columns in a horizontal line, with a dark blue line around
> those that would appear on page 1, page 2, page 3, etc.  I don't see
> how, or where the page breaks are located in order to adjust them as
> you suggest.

Place the cursor on the blue dotted line, drag that line.

0
birelan (531)
7/2/2008 7:51:55 PM
On Jul 2, 1:51=A0pm, Bob I <bire...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> iamnu wrote:
> > On Jul 2, 1:18 pm, "RBear3" <rbe...@nospam.com> wrote:
>
> >>If you change to the "page break view" you can adjust your page breaks
> >>easily on the screen.
>
> >>View --> Page Break Preview
>
> >>--
> >>Hope that helps!
>
> >>RBear3
> >>.
>
> >>"iamnu" <iamn...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > I gave that a thought, but when I look at the Page Break Preview, I
> > see the columns in a horizontal line, with a dark blue line around
> > those that would appear on page 1, page 2, page 3, etc. =A0I don't see
> > how, or where the page breaks are located in order to adjust them as
> > you suggest.
>
> Place the cursor on the blue dotted line, drag that line.

There is no dotted line, only solid bold blue lines.
0
iamnubw (38)
7/2/2008 7:58:58 PM

iamnu wrote:

> On Jul 2, 1:51 pm, Bob I <bire...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>iamnu wrote:

>>>I gave that a thought, but when I look at the Page Break Preview, I
>>>see the columns in a horizontal line, with a dark blue line around
>>>those that would appear on page 1, page 2, page 3, etc.  I don't see
>>>how, or where the page breaks are located in order to adjust them as
>>>you suggest.
>>
>>Place the cursor on the blue dotted line, drag that line.
>

> There is no dotted line, only solid bold blue lines.

Then place the cursor on the "solid bold blue line", drag that line.

0
birelan (531)
7/2/2008 8:40:41 PM
On Jul 2, 2:40=A0pm, Bob I <bire...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> iamnu wrote:

> >>Place the cursor on the blue dotted line, drag that line.
>
> > There is no dotted line, only solid bold blue lines.
>
> Then place the cursor on the "solid bold blue line", drag that line.

I've moved the lines every which way.  I succeed in eliminating some
columns, but not moving them below page one.
0
iamnubw (38)
7/2/2008 10:25:18 PM
You cannot do what you want just by moving pagebreaks around.

You must move the data 10 cols and 5 rows at a time and paste below to get a 10
column, 50 row block of data.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 2 Jul 2008 15:25:18 -0700 (PDT), iamnu <iamnubw@gmail.com> wrote:

>I've moved the lines every which way.  I succeed in eliminating some
>columns, but not moving them below page one.

0
Gord
7/2/2008 11:00:14 PM
On Jul 2, 5:00=A0pm, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote:
> You cannot do what you want just by moving pagebreaks around.
>
> You must move the data 10 cols and 5 rows at a time and paste below to ge=
t a 10
> column, 50 row block of data.
>
> Gord Dibben =A0MS Excel MVP
>
> On Wed, 2 Jul 2008 15:25:18 -0700 (PDT), iamnu <iamn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >I've moved the lines every which way. =A0I succeed in eliminating some
> >columns, but not moving them below page one.

Thank you Gord!

0
iamnubw (38)

printing 04-21-10
when i print labels from word the labels are printed ok but they move up the page so that the last 2 or 3 rows are printed half on the label above,it looks like the spacing is smaller making it all move up the page. i can print the lables ok if i send the doc to another pc, it prints ok on the same printer stwjck;704947 Wrote: > when i print labels from word the labels are printed ok but they move up the > page so that the last 2 or 3 rows are printed half on the label above,it > looks like the spacing is smaller making it all move up the page. i can print > t...

Outlook Express Printing while on line
I cannot print my emails while I am on line. Disconect and I can print OK. While on line I cannot connect to a Website either, where am I being silly here? Any assistance will be gratefully received. Cheers Matthew McGowan UK This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002, and 2003. If you have questions regarding Outlook Express please post your question in one of the applicable groups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for O...

BCP Computed Column
Hi. I have a table with a computed column. When I try to import data into table through BCP it generates error due to computed column. So how to handle a computed column while importing data into table through bcp from a text file. Regards, Muhammad Bilal You need to use a format file that tells BCP to skip that column. See BOL for info on bcp format files. Tom "Muhammad Bilal" <MuhammadBilal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AD65421-C599-4773-B56F-24841FE05D5A@microsoft.com... > Hi. > > I have a table with a computed column...

data labels from second column
Hi Column A is list of names (Bob, Sue, etc); column B is how much they collected (58, 12, etc); Column C is the date they did it on - so record 1 says Bob collected 58 on 10/07/07, for instance. I want to create a chart with the date for the x axis, amount collected as the y axis and data labels at each point within the graph giving the collector's name. So at X=12/07/07, y=58 I want it to say Bob within the chart area. Any help much appreciated. Regards Chandler On Mon, 3 Sep 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Chandler <Chandler@discussions.microsoft.com> said: &...

Print a user form image
I learn how to print a text as follows Private Sub CommandButton3_Click() Dim intOutFile As Integer 'number for the output file intOutFile = FreeFile 'get a file number Open "c:\temp\temp.txt" For Output As intOutFile Print #intOutFile, Print_Dev.TextBox1.Text Close intOutFile Shell "c:\windows\notepad.exe /P c:\temp\temp.txt" Kill "c:\temp\temp.txt" 'delete the file if desired End Sub Now I would like to print an image as well... I tried modifying this Print #intOutFile, Print_Dev.TextBox1.Text ...

how would I put the results of a formula in bold print...
the formula that I am using is... =TEXT((Q9-E1),"0.00")&" hrs" I would liketo have the numeric answer show up in bold print... Help on this would be greatly appreciated! 1. copy the cell containing the formula 2. in an un-used cell paste special as value 3. click on the copy 4. in the formula bar highlight the area and format as bold -- Gary''s Student "traybuddy" wrote: > the formula that I am using is... > > =TEXT((Q9-E1),"0.00")&" hrs" > > I would liketo have the numeric answer show up in bold print.....

How to print Z report twice?
Last night I run the Z report but the paper got stuck. When I tried to run it again it shows 0 sales. My trainer told me that the Z report can only be run once. Is it true? If not how can i retrieve the information again and run the report for the 2nd time? You can find it in the journal viewer just like a receipt and reprint it from there. <oez4u@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1154589409.592371.315400@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Last night I run the Z report but the paper got stuck. When I tried to > run it again it shows 0 sales. My trainer told me that the Z report...

control p to print on word does not work anymore
I have recently upgraded to windows 7, and am using microsoft office 2007 in word. Control P to print documents is only working intermittently and this is extremely frustrating!! Anyone got any ideas, please. Do the other ways of printing -- clicking on the Quick Access Toolbar icon, or choosing it under the Office button -- still work reliably? On Feb 22, 6:24=A0am, kaz53 <ka...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have recently upgraded to windows 7, and am using microsoft office 2007= in > word. > Control P to print documents is only working intermittently a...

Tree view of wiki pages: is it possible???
Hi all, I'm building a wiki site and I'd like to have on the left side menu (the quick launch menu) somehting like a tree view that let me easy navigate the wiki pages... maybe a wiki library is not what I need, because none will add or remove contents... basically I'm using a site as an "instruction book"... and the tree view should make easy to navigate the differents web pages... any suggestion??? Thanks Vit On Mar 19, 5:59=A0pm, Vit <fina...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I'm building a wiki site and I'd like to have...

Comparing Values In 2 Columns
Hi, i have 2 list of students names both of which are not up to date with each other and because of this one list has more students than the other. I want to search for students names and see if there is a match, if a match is found i need to copy the email address and paste it into the cell by the other name in the other list. See Below My spreadsheet has columns titled, (A)Display Name, (B)Display Email, (C)Sims Name and (D)Sims Email. I basically want to write a script that takes each individual display name in column A and searches in column C for an identical match, if a match is found i...

Same image/every page
Hi I'm wondering if it is possible to have a png image appear automatically on every page. It needs to sit behind the text, and to further complicate things, needs to shift with the gutter depending on whether it is on a left or right page. This is of course a breeze with a page layout app but the client insists the project be completed in Word. Alternatively, is there something like a Paste in Place command in Word? TIA mw maxxwitt wrote: > Hi > I'm wondering if it is possible to have a png image appear > automatically on every page. It needs to sit behind the text, and ...

How do I print Gift Certificates in sequence(00001
I need to print gift certificates in sequence. Print 1-100 and stop. Later print 101-150 and more. Is your question about how to print a certain number of certificates or how to create the documents with consecutive numbers? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "pvg" <pvg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F1FF209-0F85-40DD-A9ED-C4470A209359@microsoft.com... >I need to print gift certificates in sequence. Print 1-100 and stop. Later > print > 101-150 and more. -- ...

Page Breaks Problem ( Emergency , Gurus.. PleaseHelp)
Can any body help me immediately. Please understand the snario. I am setting the page breaks on my excel sheet. that i had generated b executing code from Visual Basic. When i first time generate the exce sheet the code used to set the page breaks executes right. but when second time execute the code. the code to set the page breaks, Fails. Below is given the code that i am using to set the page breaks. Plese help .. wrkSheet.HPageBreaks.Add Before:=Cells(Row, 1) wrkSheet.VPageBreaks.Add Before:=Cells(1, CmbMaxColumns+1) Follwing is the error that s show when i execute the code s...

Want to make complex header on 2nd and 3rd page
I need to make a quotation which consists of a first page, thats fully on its own and then two pages which has a same header. The header, though, consists of quite a lot of text and also a company logo and that was byond the header functionality. How to get the 2nd and 3rd pages with a complex upper part? Bart Exc 2003 ...

Prinding each row of Excel sheet on a seperate page dispallying one record on each pa
From a spread sheet ,I need to print out a row on each page seperately that is printout each record on the row on one page seperately. Can any one please advise how it can be done ? Fro example Row 1 Data 11 Data 12 Data 13 Row 2 Data 21 Data 22 Data 23 Row 3 Data 31 Data 32 Data 33 I would want to print out Data 11 and Data 22 on one page then Data 21 and Data 22 on the second page and data 31 and Data 33 on the third page Pleae advise if and hwo this is possible. Thank you Sanjeev --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Sorry ...

Lines of text move when viewed in print preview and printed
I am inserting pictures with-in paragraphs of text. I have tried formating as both exact and in-line, using top/bottom. The text moves up 1-2 lines when printed or viewed in print preview. This change in text lines also happens when view is changed from 50% to 100%. I am working with two column text and the pictures are inserted into each column. How can I fix this problem? What version of Windows and Publisher are you using??? You people that think we have crystal balls or are mind readers are exasperating! -- >-----Original Message----- >What version of Windows and Publi...

Print Macro
Hello All, I was wondering whether someone can help me with a macro that does the following... - prints the document by pressing a button only - prints on the footer of each page the companies name in cell reference B5 - will NOT print if there is no company name entered in cell reference B5 If anyone can help me out with this it would be greatly appreciated. With thanks Nick Nick, Here's a small procedure that should do what you ask for. Instead of "ActiveSheet.PrintOut", you could use "Application.Dialogs(xlDialogPrint).Show" to allow the user to select pr...

Invalid page fault #4
When I start up Outlook a message displays this program has performed an Illegal Operation. Further explanation describes " Outlook caused an invalid page fault in clthood.dll @0197:61c05319". Just started doing this. When I try to reinstall Outlook, I get a message Unable to run setup. Any suggestions? Hi, Are you sure that the name of the file is correct ? Is it clthood.dll ??? Please verify .. Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4cf201c3ffcf$168c6a40$a001280a@phx.gbl... > ...

keeping footer from resizing when using the fit to page function
How do I keep the footer from shrinking in excel when i use the "fit to page" option for my worksheets. I'd like it to stay the same size no matter what the font of the worksheet is. ...

Macro to open print window and set to print entire workbook
I need help getitng a macro created to open the print window, then se it to 'print the entire workbook'. Then the macro would stop. At whic the user would then specify additional specs for printing. I.E. # o pages, paper size etc. I am trying to default the 'print entire work book option' withou restricting the user from other print specs. I have a macro that will print once a button is clicked on th spreadsheet but it goes directly to print and does not let the user se other specs. I.E. # of pages, etc. Thanks in advanc -- retseor ---------------------------------------...

How can I compare the column names from 2 tables and output them?
I have a requirement to place an alert if the field does not exist in my table, tblStaging. Can any one guide me to reframe this query with error handling messages? I know it is not good practice to use select * but I need to do this as my columns\field names change each time. INSERT INTO tblStaging SELECT * FROM tbl_XL,tblDetails; Thank you -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201003/1 Access is a relational database. If your "table design" has the fields in your table(s) changing frequently,...

Pivot Table and adding a % column, that is not in original data
Hi, Is it possible to add a column for % calculations when the % column is not in original data? To clarify, my original data is as follows: Produt Sales Returns Date A 5 June B 6 June A 1 July A 1 September B 1 November When I run the pivot table, one of the columns I'm then looking to get is a total % of returns over sales , but I cant see how to include in a Pivot table. I can add it outside of the table, but that has problems ...

print preview does not match page i am working on
In this white space (not the subject line), let us about the problem in more detail If print preview is showing only part of the worksheet, then you need to reset the print area in the File | Print Area dialogs best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "gillygalloo" <gillygalloo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9739F8B9-CBC6-4722-88FA-AEC01F6348FC@microsoft.com... > ...

Printing to Adobe
I get a runtime error everytime I print an invoice to Adobe 6.0. What's the deal? The invoice prints to the adobe distiller and creates the PDF. However MS Money crashes, sometimes it restarts itself to the sign on location other times, it just closes. Is there a fix? Below is error I get: Program: msmoney.exe R6025 - pure virtual function call I am using: MS Money 2006 Small Business version 15.0.150.513 In microsoft.public.money, Caddant wrote: >I get a runtime error everytime I print an invoice to Adobe 6.0. What's the >deal? The invoice prints to the adobe distiller an...

300 DPI required for commercial printing.
I have MS Publisher 2003 running on Windows XP. I have had this program a few years and until now it has been sufficient because I have only ever used it for screen or to print off a few things indoors. However, I now need to prepare some A5 postcards for commercial printing to promote my business. The problem seems to be that commercial printers require the files to be 300 DPI whereas Publisher will only give 150 DPI. There is a workaround but apparently it would affect quality. The formats for commercial printer are pdf, tif, or jpg. I tried saving as pdf (i.e. printing to pdf...