Printing #2

I understand that NLQ printing is default in windows. Is
there any way one can get a quick draft print of excel
reports on a dot matrix printer by changing the printer
driver or fonts for instance? Thank you.
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hiren,

I'm not sure about this setting, but try "Draft quality" in File - Page
setup - Sheet.

--
Earl Kiosterud

President Bush on sovereignty:
http://www.tastefullystated.com/sovereignty.wmv

"Hiren Shah" <hiren_shah50@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I understand that NLQ printing is default in windows. Is
> there any way one can get a quick draft print of excel
> reports on a dot matrix printer by changing the printer
> driver or fonts for instance? Thank you.

0
nothanks4548 (968)

OUTLOOK NEWS #2
Once again my news does not work. When I click it, I get a folder full of outlook stuff. This has happened before and someone here helped me. I, unfortunately, do not remember what to do. Next time I will save the instructions as this seems to be happening again and again. The word news appears at the top but when clicked there is nothing but the folder. Help Please! Thanks! You mean you cannot start the Newsreader from within Outlook? Go to Internet Explorer and make sure Outlook Express is set as the default newreader. For other solutions see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/news....

lookup problem #2
I have a sheet with J11 called Buyers # and K11 called Buyers name. On the next sheet called Buyers there is a list with B1 being the buyers number, and C2 is the buyers names. How can I enter a number on the first sheet and get the corresponding name to come up? Todd Have a look in HELP index for VLOOKUP -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Todd Fischer" <todd@fischerhome.net> wrote in message news:evMAjQDPEHA.3052@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I have a sheet with J11 called Buyers # and K11 called Buyers name. On the > next sheet called Buyers there is a...

Similar multiple entries not downloading #2
Hi, I am facing issue in downloading similar multiple transactions - eg- I have 3 southwest air ticket purchase transactions on a particualr day , where each tickets is for $60. Now in my bank statement, these appear as - 1-aug Southwest $60 1-aug Southwest $60 1-aug Southwest $60 - which is correct as i purchased 3 tickets. now when i download in money, only one transaction comes as - 1-aug Southwest $60 -other 2 are not downloaded. It seems money is treating other two as duplicate. Can someone tell me how can i get such t...

Header/Footer #2
When we open a workbook, we would like the header/footer to default to an 8 instead of 10. We always end up changing it from a 10 to an 8. Any way for this to default instead of creating a new template? Excel 2002. Thank you. You need to save a template file (called Book or Sheet) in the XLSTART folder. Look in Help under Standard Template for more details. Bernard "Kim" <hanke@wickpilcher.com> wrote in message news:1ca0001c38870$7cf791a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When we open a workbook, we would like the header/footer > to default to an 8 instead of 10. We always ...

Smartlist export to Excel #2
Quantities for Inventory Items are set-up in our database with zero decimals. When exporting 'Inventory Purchase Receipt' information to Excel, quantities receipt and quantities sold, greather than 1000, are shown only the first digit in Excel, for example 4,799 is shown for 4. Any idea how to fix it??? Thanks, -- Toni Sounds more likely that the file is being exported as a csv using the print function in smartlist. -- Mick "Toni" wrote: > Quantities for Inventory Items are set-up in our database with zero decimals. > When exporting 'Inventory Purchase ...

source sheet to auto fill 2 other sheets
sheet1 witch is what i fill out (source data)i want the data to be auto filld into the next too sheets..an to also sort the the data (by date- verry important) from the 1st sheet. all 3 sheets r totaly difernt..same names though.. thx for any help ...

I want a cell should 2 accept only >=0 or <=30 or Y or N
I want a cell should to accept >=0 or <=30 or Y or N Regards Brijesh =OR(AND(A1>=0,A1<=30),A1="Y",A1="N") In "Custom" for Data Validation. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Brijesh Poojary" <Brijesh Poojary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F46DC05-D143-407F-BB81-D5D9109914D6@microsoft.com... > > I want a cell should to accept >=0 or <=30 or Y or N > > Regards > Brijesh ...

Customizing -2^2
Shouldn't minus a squared number be a minus number? In Excel -2^2 = 4. To keep it negative I have to write -(2^2). It's very easy to make mistakes because I also work with Quattro Pro which works differently. Is there a way to customize this in Excel so that -2^2 = -4? Thanks. In Excel the negation takes precedence over the power operator. However, subtraction is a lower priority. 0-2^2 results in -4. Does that help? Regards, Fred. "Tim Walters" <timwalters@DROPTHISterra.es> wrote in message news:3bb8ue.of8.17.1@news.alt.net... > Sho...

Print a HTML document programatically
Hi, I need to print a html docment dynamically produced at runtime, at that instance. I'm using shellexecute for this, which is popping up the Windows default PrintDialog. I want it to be printed directly. Can anyone suggest a solution or give some sample code for this. Please do reply. Thanks in Advance. Regards, Ajay Kumar Have you looked at IWebBrowser2::ExecWB? This also might be helpful: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnie55/html /wb_print.asp -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Ajay Kumar" &...

Too many cell formats #2
I have a set of spreadsheets that I am unable to change the format of any cells. When I try to change the background color, font or font size, an error message pops up saying there are too many cell formats. I really want to avoid having to re-create all of these spreadsheets. Please help. Thank you. Excel has a built in limit to the number of cell formats. You have reached that limit. As the message indicates, you cannot use any additional cell formats. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "wsdanalyst" <...

Printing multiple charts #2
My question is - i have multiple charts on the same worksheet. Is it possible to print them on separate pages without selecting each one individually? Hi, Depending on you layout inserting page breaks may solve your problem. Cheers Andy Edwina wrote: > My question is - i have multiple charts on the same worksheet. Is it > possible to print them on separate pages without selecting each one > individually? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Hi Edwina, Here is a possible workaround. Go to View>Page Break Preview Select a range of cells and the...

Print Macro
Cell D5 represents a variable number from 1-120, the input changes the data accordingly on the whole workbook. I have input a macro to enter the number 1, print the document range A1:AB54 and then input number 2 and so on until i have 120 pages. This a frequently changing schedule and for review and distibution, would rather have a pdf doc. I changed the printer from the default to a pdf writer, when the macro runs it prints to the pdf doc but when the pdf document opens up, the macro stops after the first one, it does not go back to excel to work on number 2 etc.. Is there a ...

cell reference problem #2
I am trouble with cell references in a spreadsheet. Some cells will display the cell reference rather than the value it points to. For example the cell will display =A1 as text rather than the content of that cell. What could cause this???????? thanks in advance david Hi David, First check that you have calculation turned on. Tools, Options, Calculation, automatic calculation If that is the problem and it recurs, see my slowresp to see how to spot the problem earlier. The other possibility is that you have Text formatting instead of General or a numeric format. Other things t...

X axis on 0 on Line-Column on 2 Axes
Is there a way on a Line-Column on 2 Axes chart to have the 0 value on both the bar and line axes be straight across from each other even though the bar chart is in 1,000s and the line axes is in single digits and has negative numbers? Only way I can figure is to put negative numbers in the bar axis as well. Try this: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AlignXon2Ys.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "Supe" <Supe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1174954-513D-...

Word crashes printing some docs
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Just this week Word crashes when I give a print command for an older .doc (created in 2007) that printed just fine last week. It's one page, no images, just text. Other (newer?) documents can be printed without a problem. Any suggestions about how to get the old doc to print again? Thanks. The most common cause of crash on print is lack of updates... Not only Office & OS X but equally important -- perhaps even more so -- the printer driver. This is true regardless of whether 'some files' or 's...

Change file name #2
Hi, I've been searching for a solution to the following problem for more than a week. I've posted it here a couple of times, and got some good ideas, but unfortunately they did not work. The variable "myfolder1" has the correct value, followed by ".xls" as it should. I'd be very thankful if someone could find my error. This is the original question: I am new to Exel, and i cannot find my error in the following script. The error is: Run time erroro '9' Subscript out of range and it always stops on the "windows(my folder1).activate" line...

Lost all inbox and contacts etc when removed server #2
I found the outlook.ost file. Can I reimpost this to Outlook? Can I somehow set it or use it as the "personal data files" that the outlook dialog box requested? I dont get why I was able to access the contacts emails etc after I disconnected the exchange server BUT only after I removed the exchange server did it all disappear. Not sure how I was meant to continue this thread so I copied the previous question, comment and listed it as a new post -- hope this it ok protocol. Also someone else had recommended that I re-engage the server but it is neither listed nor frank...

arrow keys for child window of dialog box #2
Hi, I have created a dialog box with MFC. I have created an opengl window as a child to the dialog box. on the window I am drawing using opengl. now I want to update my drawing if the arrow keys are pressed. How should I do it . I am new to MFC. Thanks and Regards. Hi, Handle WM_KEYDOWN message (let the wizard do it for you as you are new to MFC). Then you can put some kode like so: void CMyWnd::OnKeyDown(UINT nChar, UINT nRepCnt, UINT nFlags) { switch (nChar) { case VK_LEFT: YourUpdateCode1(); break; case VK_UP: YourUpdateCode2(); break; case VK_RIGHT: YourUpdateCode3...

Transfer Outlook Express to Outlook #2
I have just purchased a new computer which will have Outllook 2007 installed. I currently use Outlook Express as my email reader. Will it be possible to transfer all of my OE folders and messages to the new Outlook, and if so, how easy (or complicated) will that be ? begin 666 p.gif M1TE&.#EAU0`.`)$``/___P``_P`````*(R'Y! $`````+ ````#5``X```+_ MA(^IR^T/HYRTVHNAR+P?L7EB%P1&V: C!;9?UX:KA@WV;=QXK@^\7BFI`*JA MPG@T'9 8&2#DM#BCLP558E-D>=S$UC)4,A?CI?)TYDP-LMB+K;BR77/0T_ZA MUZ/N._YYY^4C>+#U53@8E&:&9E8DMDB4%B;$^&BT!A@'QXD@EP#UIIGYJ6DZ M>G78!6"8B&...

CRM 1.2 on SBS 2003: External Error. No Such Object on Server
Users cannot get to CRM via WEB. They would get error box: No Such Object on Server. I got this from Event Viewer: MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: There is no such object on the server. Error Message: There is no such object on the server. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Stack Trace Info: at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()...

RPC over HTTP problem #2
I have configured an Outlook 2003 client to use RPC over HTTP over the internet (DSL) with an Exchange mailbox that is over 15 GB in size. When I tested out the connection with a much smaller test mailbox, Outlook launched fine. When I tried to open the very large mailbox, the Outlook client tried several times to connect, but failed. When I then tried to reconnect to my smaller test mailbox, that failed as well. Thinking that something had happened at the server, I went to another machine, I was able to successfully connect the smaller test mailbox. Does anyone know what is happening?...

Rookie Needs Help! #2
Never mind. Just figured it out. Sorry for taking up your time. Storema -- storema ----------------------------------------------------------------------- storeman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1536 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31438 Isn't this list amazing. ESP -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "storeman" <storeman.1fvg3z@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:storeman.1fvg3z@excelforum-nospam.com... > > Never mind. Just figured it out. Sorry for taking...

All Day Calendar Events appear as 2 days
Hello: I have starting to feel the effects of DST... I have a public calendar. I have a series of all day events. Just after March 11th these appointments are showing as 2 day events. I applied the patch to most of my workstations, but will not apply the Exchange patch until this weekend. I am a little confused by this behavior. Does anyone have any suggestions? Harrison Midkiff an all day event is something scheduled for 24 hours, when they get off by an hour, they overflow to the next day, which is what happened, you need to patch the exchange server then run tzmove to fix ...

How do I include print screen option in Publisher Webpage?
I am creating webpage project for my students using publisher. I would like to include a print option on one of the pages. Need instruction on how to complete this task. Thank you. Laurie Cook May I suggest you post your question in the publisher.webdesign newsgroup after you have a look around http://www.publishermvps.com/WebDesign/tabid/29/Default.aspx? The site may answer the question for you. Plus it is a terrific site to bookmark for future reference. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Laurie Cook" <Laurie Cook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Excel help #2
Hi - I'm pretty familiar with most stuff in excel and I'd say I'm an intermediate user. I would like to learn how to do vba in excel. Does anyone know of any online help or tutorials that would teach me? If possible, I would like interactive suggestions. Thanks in advance. Newtechie David McRitchie's "Getting Started". Note links to other sites at the boittom of the page. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm VBA Tutorial from Microsoft. http://support.microsoft.com/support/excel/content/vba101/default.asp There are many more, but these sho...