Printing 1 of ? pages.

Is it possible to print two copies of the same sheet onto one sheet (A5 onto
A4 size)
and have each A5 sheet numbered 1 of 2, 2 of 2 even though thy are on one
sheet.
I can print one sheet at a time numbered 1 of ?, 2 of ? ... up to a number
entered in cell I2 using:-

Sub PrintCopies_ActiveSheet_()
    Dim CopiesCount As Long
    Dim CopieNumber As Long

   CopiesCount =Range("I2")
   For CopieNumber = 1 to CopiesCount
       With ActiveSheet
         .Range("C12").Value = CopieNumber & " of " & CopiesCount
         .PrintOut
   End With
  Next CopieNumber
End Sub

Is it possible to print two onto one still having them numbered 1 of ? ,2 of
?.
Any help is much appreciated.

0
stumpy (3)
7/10/2009 6:08:01 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi,

I don't think this is possible in Excel.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"stumpy" wrote:

> Is it possible to print two copies of the same sheet onto one sheet (A5 onto
> A4 size)
> and have each A5 sheet numbered 1 of 2, 2 of 2 even though thy are on one
> sheet.
> I can print one sheet at a time numbered 1 of ?, 2 of ? ... up to a number
> entered in cell I2 using:-
>
> Sub PrintCopies_ActiveSheet_()
>     Dim CopiesCount As Long
>     Dim CopieNumber As Long
>
>    CopiesCount =Range("I2")
>    For CopieNumber = 1 to CopiesCount
>        With ActiveSheet
>          .Range("C12").Value = CopieNumber & " of " & CopiesCount
>          .PrintOut
>    End With
>   Next CopieNumber
> End Sub
>
> Is it possible to print two onto one still having them numbered 1 of ? ,2 of
> ?.
> Any help is much appreciated.

Hi,
You would have to duplicate the range beside your current range and change the print area.

John

"stumpy" <stumpy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42A3949A-EDCD-4A1C-8726-8ABC6ACBF7AB@microsoft.com...
> Is it possible to print two copies of the same sheet onto one sheet (A5 onto
> A4 size)
> and have each A5 sheet numbered 1 of 2, 2 of 2 even though thy are on one
> sheet.
> I can print one sheet at a time numbered 1 of ?, 2 of ? ... up to a number
> entered in cell I2 using:-
>
> Sub PrintCopies_ActiveSheet_()
>    Dim CopiesCount As Long
>    Dim CopieNumber As Long
>
>   CopiesCount =Range("I2")
>   For CopieNumber = 1 to CopiesCount
>       With ActiveSheet
>         .Range("C12").Value = CopieNumber & " of " & CopiesCount
>         .PrintOut
>   End With
>  Next CopieNumber
> End Sub
>
> Is it possible to print two onto one still having them numbered 1 of ? ,2 of
> ?.
> Any help is much appreciated.

0
me5306 (285)

Printing Problems
When printing calendar event or a note Outlook fail with an error. The printers work fine with emails. Does any one have a suggestion on how to correct this problem? Thanks, Steve ...

Outlook Contacts: 1 item out of sync
I'm just now getting down to organising my contacts, and learning how to use the Contacts app. I have about 20 contacts set up and they appear in both Outlook 2002 Contacts and on my Pocket PC (in both the built-in Contacts app and in the Pocket Informant version). All except just one entry, which persists in Outlook despite having been deleted on my PPC. I can see nothing distinctive about it. Is there some likely explanation I've missed please? Obviously, my next step will be to delete it directly from Outlook, but I'm curious to know why it's not syncing. Meanwhile I've...

Identical Name on multiple workbook pages
As a hardened Excel/VBA nut, I'm probably going to be really embarrased when I get the answer to this, but here goes... I have a workbook containing a worksheet that records weekly data. I have a named range ("Data") which I select then clear, via GoTo. Each week, I copy the latest week's worksheet and create a new worksheet for the new week. And each week, I select the range "Data" and clear it in the most recently created worksheet. the thing is, I always thought that Range names were unique across a workbook, and that you couldn't have the same Range N...

how do Ii remove the grey page numbers in a work sheet
how do Ii remove the grey page numbers in a work sheet Try going to the View menu and unchecking Page Break Preview On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 11:01:08 -0800, "parker1230" <parker1230@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how do Ii remove the grey page numbers in a work sheet You may be in page break preview mode. Go to "View" and select "normal" Regards Bill K "parker1230" <parker1230@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A65FC73-CAA0-428D-8ECD-0C2A2E15B799@microsoft.com... > how do Ii remove the grey page numbers in a work she...

reports that print after the stock count
Hello: To the best of my knowledge, the only report that automatically prints at the end of a stock count is the exceptions report. A client claimed that, during last month's stock count, a "quantity report" of some sort automatically printed. They conducted a stock count this month and were surprised not to see this "quantity report" automatically print. I don't think that there is a such thing as a "quantity report" printed after a stock count. Is there? I advised the client to print the Historical Stock Status Report, since this other report...

Is there a keyboard shortcut for print preview?
Is there a keyboard shortcut for print preview in Excel and Word 2003? I get fed up with having to keep clicking on that little toolbar icon!!!!! Regards Mike Hi Mike, You can always use the underlined letters from the menu Alt+F, v as in File, Preview I don't think there is a keyboard shortcut for Print Preview other than that. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/shortx2k.htm --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/ex...

Always see Unbound list box borders when printing a form
I have a Form that has some unbound list boxes. The form gets some of its data from a previous/linked form, but gets other data from a separate table in the database that has a join field to certain data items on the two forms. No matter what I do to the Borders of the unbound list boxes (make white, make Invisible, change style, etc.), I can't get rid of the border from showing up when I PRINT the form! It does not show up in Form view, or even print preview! ... but DOES show up when printed out. Any tips/ideas? I've printed to three different printers, so it does...

Purchase Order Printing
I'm trying to print a modified POP Purchase Order Blank Form to a printer and all that comes out are blank sheets. If I print to screen, I see the report as it should be. As soon as I send it to the printer, I just get blank sheets. The report works correctly on other computers, and I tried re-importing the report on the messed up computer, but it did not resolve the issue. If I just print a blank POP Purchase Order Blank Form to a printer, it prints fine...with X's in every available space in the form. I'm out of ideas, let me know what I can try. Thanks. ...

excel 97 SR-1
I am presently using above in office 97 - can I get font animation (ie: flashing fonts, cells etc.,) as I can get in Word Excel doesn't support this. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "ableclean" <ableclean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC1CA653-25F1-4739-8565-656A774185AD@microsoft.com... >I am presently using above in office 97 - can I get font >animation (ie: > flashing fonts, cells etc.,) as I can get in Word ...

Margin Trouble with Custom Page Size
When I try to print in Publisher using a custom page size, printer or Publisher adds approx 1.5" to the top of my page margin, no matter what I do. Checked the printer settings in WordPad, all looks OK. Issue does not occur when printing on 8.5X11 page, nor does it occur in MS Word. I don't have any extra margin set in Master Page...have tried everything I can think of. Under deadline to print invitations and getting desperate...help! Thanks. How are you setting up your printer? Are you saving the custom setting? Are you setting up your printer first? What model is your pr...

print folder in table style
Hello all, My CU wants to print a list of files in a folder. He use Outlook 2002. Click Other Shortcuts -> My computer -> choose a folder -> Click the print icon on toolbar -> choose Table Style -> print preview The header and footer can be printed properly. However the content is blank. I mean: there is no file in the list. I can print properly at my side. However at the CU side, there are 2000 users encounter the same problem. And there are four kinds of printer. All have this problem. Any suggestion? Thanks! ...

connecting to data access page with filter criteria
I have an access database that I connect to from a GIS application (ArcView) using VBscript. I need to port my GIS project to the free viewer (ArcReader) which does not support VBscript but does support hyperlinking to a URL based on a value supplied by an underlying record. In my current project I can send filter critera to open a particular database, form and record. Would it be possible to do the same using data access pages or would I need to create a separate page for each record I want linked? ...

characters in 1 col, 1 per row
Hi all, I want to transform the text of a worddocument to Excel in a special way. In my case text is just a number of words in a number of lines (nothing special about headers, footers etc.), so something comparable with this post. I want in Excel the first charachter of the text in A1, the second in A2 and so on. This email document would result in: H i a l l , I w a n t etc. I can't figure out how to do this, your help wil be appreciated. Jack Sons The Netherlands ...

Money 2005 Bug: Portfolio toolbar button loads blank page titled Portfolio Manager
Problem Description: Clicking on the Portfolio toolbar button loads a blank page that's titled Portfolio Manager. That's it! I can't see any of my open positions, etc... using this toolbar button. Frequency of problem: Always Happens Operating system / version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional - 5.1.2600 Computer manufacturer and model: Dell Computer Corporation, Dimension 8200 Processor model and speed: I586IV, 1994 MHz Memory (RAM): 523.276 MB The only input I can offer is that I have the same problem on one computer, but it works fine on the other. I converted from 2004 Delu...

Slow print preveiw Excel 2003 SP3
Intermittenly when I click on print preview, it is as if Excel is hanging, it takes a long time before the print preview appears on the screen. Also when I click on "setup" on the print preview screen the same thing happens. Any help will be appreciated. If you change to a different printer, do you have the same problem? If no, then I'd visit the printer's web site and look for newer versions of the printer driver. Gabriel van Rensburg wrote: > > Intermittenly when I click on print preview, it is as if Excel is hanging, it > takes a long time before the print ...

Excel page format changes

Cell identity when printing comments on separate page

Printing Font color
Can anyone tell me how to print normal text in a color other than black? Have tried all types of fill for text (both black and gray) and still always prints BLACK. Ellen this would be an issue of your printer driver - not Publisher. The issue you describe is unknown in Publisher. However, we can get to the bottom of it for you. What version of Windows and Publisher are you using? Is this 'normal text' in a Text Frame or WordArt? What brand and model of printer are you using? -- ...

2 panel brochure printing in publisher
I am trying to print a 2 panel brochure in publisher and when I print preview everything fits but when it prints pages 1, & 3 get cut off. I would like all the pages to fit and print so the pages are aligned when folded. its an 8x11 normal sheet. I don't know which margins to use to make it print correctly. Please help! Have you setup your brochure as a booklet? Do you know your printers margin limitations? A tutorial is here: http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Dominikin" <Dominikin@d...

Print Preview
I have posted an excel spreadsheet that colleagues access through Internet Explorer. When the spreadsheet is accessed the print preview command is no longer on the menu, BUT print preview is available in Excel and Internet Explorer normally. I have right clicked the toolbar and the option is just not available. Help!! Stewart Walker MOS Excel Expert (not that good though!) Do you mean that you right clicked the toolbar, chose Customize and then under command tab chose categories, file and the icon was missing from the command list? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.co...

Print a letter from a workflow
Hi, Is it possible to run a workflow that would print a letter. In other words when an accout is created (with certain conditions), letter a is sent t the printer. then wait 2 months then letter b is sent then wait 2 months then letter c is sent. All of these letters would need to be a template (ie with name address tags) Thanks in advance On Dec 8, 7:01=A0pm, Tango <Ta...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible to run a workflow that would print a letter. > > In other words when an accout is created (with certain conditions), lette= r a > is ...

Print part of contact list
I have a list of contacts. This contains their names and addresses, phone numbers, etc. I want to print out just their names in one long list. I can't see how to exclude the addresses, etc from this list. Can anyone help here? Thanks Rob Graham Use a mail merge. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Rob graham" <rttgrahamwow@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:X_WdnbHs0L8HlrLbnZ2dnUVZ8vydnZ2d@bt.com... >I have a list of contacts. This contains their names and addresses, phone >numbers, etc. I want to print out just their names in one long list. I >can'...

Gantt Chart Missing One Task Line When Printed
Hello! I am completely stumped here with Project 2007. When printing the gantt chart line 30 of my plan is blank. The line number is there, but the task info and bar is blank. It shows up in print preview. All other lines show up fine and the rest of the project prints fine as per my print settings - just missing one line! Printer drivers are updated, software has current update - anyone ever heard of this? I really appreciate your help! Hi Jean, Do you see a different answer if you turn off 3D bars? Tools > Options, View tab. There were some early problems with 3D ...

increment a value by 1
How do I increment, automatically, a cell by 1 if a condition is met? If one of my cells reaches 10k I want another cell to increment by 1. Can anyone help me if this function can be done? Thank you, Ron Do you want the increment only when it changes from below 10K to above 10K, or anytime is is above 10K? -- Gary's Student "Workshops" wrote: > How do I increment, automatically, a cell by 1 if a condition is met? If one > of my cells reaches 10k I want another cell to increment by 1. Can anyone > help me if this function can be done? > Thank you, Ron Increm...

Using VBA to Print PDF Files
Hi: My customer has PDF spec sheets for their inventory items. When a pick ticket is printed, they wish to print the PDF spec sheets for each item on the pick tickets. I am very comfortable with the report event structure and know exactly how to get to the PDF files using VBA, but I am having a problem getting the docs printed. I've taken two approaches: 1. Drop ACROPDF.dll onto a User Form in the VBA project. To do this, I created a procedure on the form as shown: Public Sub PrintPDF(FileName As String) AcroPDF1.LoadFile (FileName) AcroPDF1.printAll PDFPrinter.Hide End Sub T...