Print Template automatically Filled with data in another worksheet

I have a Form in Sheet2 like:

Name:         B2
Company    B3
Department  B4
Emp #:        B5

and list of Employees A2:D123 (more than 100 employees) with above details
in Sheet1.

I want to Print Sheet2 for each of the employee with its details. I know It
can be
easily done with Word Mail Merge option but the form created in Excel could
not be easily developed in MS Word.

Is there any solution.

Regards.

0
NoEmail9920 (149)
9/27/2004 6:30:42 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Murtaza,

You would need to use a macro:

Sub PrintEmOut()

Dim myCell As Range

For Each myCell In Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A2:A123")
With Worksheets("Sheet2")
    .Range("B2").Value = myCell.Value
    .Range("B3").Value = myCell(1,2).Value
    .Range("B4").Value = myCell(1,3).Value
    .Range("B5").Value = myCell(1,4).Value
    .Printout
End With
Next myCell

End Sub

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Murtaza" <NoEmail@Please.com> wrote in message
> I have a Form in Sheet2 like:
>
> Name:         B2
> Company    B3
> Department  B4
> Emp #:        B5
>
> and list of Employees A2:D123 (more than 100 employees) with above details
> in Sheet1.
>
> I want to Print Sheet2 for each of the employee with its details. I know
It
> can be
> easily done with Word Mail Merge option but the form created in Excel
could
> not be easily developed in MS Word.
>
> Is there any solution.
>
> Regards.

0
Bernie
9/27/2004 12:24:37 PM
Dear Bernie:
Thanks for the suggestion, I have tried the macro but I am unable to
understand it, kindly provide the detailed instruction. Below are what i
exactly want (more clearly).

Regards,
Murtaza
--------------------------SAMPLE-------------------------------------------
In Sheet1 (details of employee or DATA):

Name        Company          Department     Emp No. [Headings / first row]
Murtaza    MyCompany      My Dept          100        [                ]
Murtaza2  MyCompany2    My Dept2        101         [DETAILS]
Murtaza3  MyCompany3    My Dept3       102          [                ]

In Sheet2 (FORM):
NAME:            ___________
COMPANY:    ___________
DEPT.             ___________
EMP. NO:       ___________

REQUIRED PRINTOUTS FOR EACH ENTRY IN SHEET1:
-------------PAGE 1---------------
NAME:            Murtaza
COMPANY:    My Company
DEPT.             My Dept
EMP. NO:       100
--------------------------------------

-------------PAGE 2---------------
NAME:            Murtaza2
COMPANY:    MyCompany2
DEPT.             MyDept2
EMP. NO:       101
--------------------------------------
-------------PAGE 3---------------
SO ON.......

--------------------------END
SAMPLE-------------------------------------------
"Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot org> wrote in message
> Murtaza,
>
> You would need to use a macro:
>
> Sub PrintEmOut()
>
> Dim myCell As Range
>
> For Each myCell In Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A2:A123")
> With Worksheets("Sheet2")
>     .Range("B2").Value = myCell.Value
>     .Range("B3").Value = myCell(1,2).Value
>     .Range("B4").Value = myCell(1,3).Value
>     .Range("B5").Value = myCell(1,4).Value
>     .Printout
> End With
> Next myCell
>
> End Sub
>
> HTH,
> Bernie
> MS Excel MVP
>
> "Murtaza" <NoEmail@Please.com> wrote in message
> > I have a Form in Sheet2 like:
> >
> > Name:         B2
> > Company    B3
> > Department  B4
> > Emp #:        B5
> >
> > and list of Employees A2:D123 (more than 100 employees) with above
details
> > in Sheet1.
> >
> > I want to Print Sheet2 for each of the employee with its details. I know
> It
> > can be
> > easily done with Word Mail Merge option but the form created in Excel
> could
> > not be easily developed in MS Word.
> >
> > Is there any solution.
> >
> > Regards.

0
NoEmail9920 (149)
9/27/2004 1:09:28 PM
Murtaza,

The macro assumes that your data sheet is named "Sheet1" and that your
report sheet is named "Sheet2".  You will need to change those names in the
macro if you actual sheet names are different.  Other than that, the macro
works simply by changing the values on Sheet2 to correspond to those on
Sheet1, and loops through the 122 rows of data, and should produce exactly
the output that you show in your example.

> Dear Bernie:
> Thanks for the suggestion, I have tried the macro but I am unable to
> understand it, kindly provide the detailed instruction. Below are what i
> exactly want (more clearly).
>
> Regards,
> Murtaza
> --------------------------SAMPLE------------------------------------------
-
> In Sheet1 (details of employee or DATA):
>
> Name        Company          Department     Emp No. [Headings / first row]
> Murtaza    MyCompany      My Dept          100        [                ]
> Murtaza2  MyCompany2    My Dept2        101         [DETAILS]
> Murtaza3  MyCompany3    My Dept3       102          [                ]
>
> In Sheet2 (FORM):
> NAME:            ___________
> COMPANY:    ___________
> DEPT.             ___________
> EMP. NO:       ___________
>
> REQUIRED PRINTOUTS FOR EACH ENTRY IN SHEET1:
> -------------PAGE 1---------------
> NAME:            Murtaza
> COMPANY:    My Company
> DEPT.             My Dept
> EMP. NO:       100
> --------------------------------------
>
> -------------PAGE 2---------------
> NAME:            Murtaza2
> COMPANY:    MyCompany2
> DEPT.             MyDept2
> EMP. NO:       101
> --------------------------------------
> -------------PAGE 3---------------
> SO ON.......
>
> --------------------------END
> SAMPLE-------------------------------------------
> "Bernie Deitrick" <deitbe @ consumer dot org> wrote in message
> > Murtaza,
> >
> > You would need to use a macro:
> >
> > Sub PrintEmOut()
> >
> > Dim myCell As Range
> >
> > For Each myCell In Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A2:A123")
> > With Worksheets("Sheet2")
> >     .Range("B2").Value = myCell.Value
> >     .Range("B3").Value = myCell(1,2).Value
> >     .Range("B4").Value = myCell(1,3).Value
> >     .Range("B5").Value = myCell(1,4).Value
> >     .Printout
> > End With
> > Next myCell
> >
> > End Sub
> >
> > HTH,
> > Bernie
> > MS Excel MVP
> >
> > "Murtaza" <NoEmail@Please.com> wrote in message
> > > I have a Form in Sheet2 like:
> > >
> > > Name:         B2
> > > Company    B3
> > > Department  B4
> > > Emp #:        B5
> > >
> > > and list of Employees A2:D123 (more than 100 employees) with above
> details
> > > in Sheet1.
> > >
> > > I want to Print Sheet2 for each of the employee with its details. I
know
> > It
> > > can be
> > > easily done with Word Mail Merge option but the form created in Excel
> [...]

0
Bernie

customizing quote merge template

printing 2 charts on single page

How to install WCF templates?
How to install WCF templates for Visual C# 2008 Express Edition? I have Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition too and my computer is running on Winodws XP Professional. I can find WCF template in VWD2008EE but not in VC#2008EE. Any help would be appreciated Thank you Regards Raj On Apr 15, 1:55=A0pm, Raj <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How to install WCF templates for Visual C# 2008 Express Edition? > > I have Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition too and my computer is > running on Winodws XP Professional. I can find WCF template ...

2011 Calendar templates
what's up with the calendar templates? why can't i find a 2011 calendar in Word 2007 templates or online. i would like both a 12 month calendar 1 month per page and the 6 months per page Can anyone help me? Thresa See http://www.spreadsheetguys.com/downloads/templates/calendar or http://download.cnet.com/Excel-Calendar-Template/3000-2077_4-10346449.html -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com &quo...

printing multiple copies of Sigel GmbH

Customer check data

Macro to seperate data

Need HELP! for Linking data